gonna go with Goku vs. Vegeta round 1

Other urls found in this thread:

uptobox.com/ztrfjofop0lw
youtube.com/watch?v=ebE-cCpoO-c
youtube.com/watch?v=KcIzR7vWjNc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good
a great fight has a great location

This plus the rest of the battle with Vegeta v Gohan and Krillin is the best in the series. I just wish Krillin were the one to hit him with the spirit bomb

Yea. Goku vs Vegeta for sure. Most of everything in the series past this point is retarded, but I give Freiza a pass for being a good ending to the show.

goku vs tao pai pai or super buu vs gotenks

Goku vs Piccolo
Goku vs Vegeta
Piccolo vs 17

Vegeta vs Fat Buu

Goku vs Beerus in the Battle of Gods movie or Goku vs Jiren in DB Super 109-110. Both Beerus and Jiren posed a great imposing wall on the protagonist that the protagonist was not supposed to overcome. Almost all shonen will have the underdog protagonist overcome the big powerful antagonist in a long struggle. Dragon Ball wasn't any different until recently. If any of you guys remember back in 2012 here, people thought the BoG movie would just be another cliche Dragon Ball movie with SSG Goku being stronger the Vegito and defeating the big bad evil Beerus.

Goku had a lot of challenges in the past like
>tao pai pai
>king piccolo
>Vegeta
>Freeza
>Perfect Cell
>Super Buu
All of which Goku could not initially beat. However, I always knew that Goku would eventually overcome these obstacles (except Cell but that was intentional on Goku's part) and due to this the challenges Goku faced just felt like bland storytelling elements. It just turned into a repeated formula of the protagonist losing, protagonist training to get stronger, protagonist unleashing hidden power, and protagonist winning. It's been that way throughout the entirety of Dragon Ball. Even as a kid I always knew Goku would succeed over the enemy in the end. In Super, I have no idea what's going to happen because Super shits all over this cliche.

>super shits all over this cliche
Let me tell you the formula of super
>the z warriors meet a new threat to earth
>the z warriors fight the threat, oh no the threat is too great no one can beat this we are doomed
>guys tis Goku, Goku fights the big bad but oh noes he isn't strong enough
>what is this, Goku pulls out a new power out of his arse? m-maybe he can win!
>Goku learns to use his new power during the fight against big bad, the big bad concedes victory to Goku because wow Goku sure is a badass and i can't wait to see how strong he gets
Rinse and repeat
Goku has always been a Gary Stu and always will be, Super changed nothing it's still Gokus show with the side characters only there to be weaker than Goku but really strong to show how strong big bad is

>b-but muh Gohan
Goku stole his thunder on both Cell and Buu saga, in Buu saga Gohan was strongest but still got his non-Goku ass kicked
>b-but Gohan killed Cell
One of the rare times when the entire crew finally decides to gang up on big bad, Gohan was supposed to be the new Goku but Toriyama sucks at writing stories

There are people that unironically like post Freiza fights.

Goku vs Pikkon.
Best filler fight in the series.

The Z fighter vs Saiyans fight is better as a whole, honestly Goku vs Vegeta is kind of the least interesting part

>
>
not sure if i'm cross-board posting right
super 118
namekians vs. piccolo/gohan and magical girls (male) vs. goku/18/17
cool timing with the music and close to the best animation in super
underrated

Frieza vs Dyspo was KINO.

wait no

Goku lost against Beerus.
Goku initially lost against Freeza. Vegeta then lost as well. Whis reversed time so Goku could win. This is arguably the only time where Goku decisively beat the main antagonist of a Super arc.
Goku lost against Hit.
Goku lost against Black Goku. Zamasu cleansed the multiverse basically meaning he won. Zeno erased everything in the multiverse. Everything got fucked.
Current arc where it's completely possible (maybe even more likely) that Goku will lose but the plot will resolve itself anyway.

Goku isn't a Gary Stu. If you count his win/loss ratio throughout the entire canon series you'll find it to be around 60% which is far lower than most other shonen protagonists. He's a Gary Stu in most of the movies where he's almost always the winner.

Will always love the Father-Son Kamehameha beam struggle fight the most, but Goku vs Vegeta was great as well.

Majin Vegeta vs Goku was pretty damn good too. Vegeta really needs to bring back that whole binding ki ring move

Yeah Goku vs Majin vegeta is for me the best fight of the serie

Vegeta should have died at the end of that fight.

>first uncut release of the Saiyan Saga
>volume 1 has a special feature hyping up the fight
>release gets cancelled 3 episodes before reaching it.

What the fuck are those scans holy shit that's awful

Namek is great as a whole but I wouldn't isolate it to one 'fight'.

Goku vs Freeza, especially when Goku starts to get serious, i love the way Freeza uses his legs

uptobox.com/ztrfjofop0lw
dbz old toonami recaps 54-162

short but good
youtube.com/watch?v=ebE-cCpoO-c

My nigga.

Goku vs Majin Vegeta is probably what I'd consider the best fight. Vegito vs Super Buu is my favorite one though.

Manga only:

>Goku vs Piccolo Jr
>Vegeta vs Recoome
>Goku vs Kid Buu

There, those 3

I know, right
post Freeza arc is when the show jumped the shark

What's wrong with post-Freeza?

Goku vs. Vegeta is incredibly memorable just for how amazing the art is and the way the Kaioken looked. It's honestly some of the most dynamic flying I've seen; the movement just jumps right off the page.
The 2nd spot has to go to Goku vs. Freeza. For any issues the arc may have (and the length of the fight itself) it stays interesting because Frieza's simply a really cool character. He constantly pulls out new moves (I legitimately forgot he shoots eye lazers at one point) and it's really enjoying Goku hang in there (and employ strategy too.)

Goku vs Cell
youtube.com/watch?v=KcIzR7vWjNc

Goku vs Piccolo

Manga: Goku vs Krillin
Anime: Piccolo vs 17

just to begin with,all characters besides Goku,Gohan and Vegeta;became more useless than wet toilet paper

Agreed

This easily