Is the old Sailor Moon anime worth watching? It's good?

This year I already watch CardCaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth and Utena. I've been thinking about watching Sailor Moon.

I've read the whole manga and I love live action (it's one of my favorite series, more than a few anime and the original manga)

My favorite senshi is Venus, secondly Jupiter and third is Neptune

yes! but please watch the sub. there's a certain charm to bssm and the humor is on point

the viz dub is apparently good but i havent heard much about it

the dic dub is shit dont go near that

have fun!

It's great.
Don't skip any of the "fillers", they're the best part.

can confirm

OK

I don't know which dub we got in Canada but I like it too, maybe because I grew up with it and I'm nostalgic for it

I kind of love the shitty goofball dub. Western names and all. I never watched it as a kid, so nostalgia isn't a factor. It's terrible, but theres something endearing in its cheese. Sailor Says and all.

Yes
The art is much better than in Crystal

Crystal season 3 looks... Okay? From what little I've seen anyway. It's still way too sharp and pointy and the colors are real garish. Everything in Sailor Moon should look like its made of candy with cute pastel colors and soft plump shapes.

What this post says. It’s easy to get hooked watching it, and even the Viz dub isn’t that bad. Go for it

Season 3 is fine, but nothing beats how the 90s anime looked when Ikuko Itoh worked on it.

People still remember Sailor Moon for a reason. It's simply good.

A lot of people seem to be worried about getting into Sailor Moon due to fears that it might just be well-liked because it's popular ala Naruto and whatnot.

Its really repetative and the characters dont change much over time. Dont get me wrong, I did like it when I watched it, but since watching CCS I have realized how rushed and poorly thought out so many of the episodes were. Its biggest problem is its pacing.

I loved Sakura, but come on man. Sailor Moon's story might have been simplistic and rushed, but it's still way better than "Clow Reed thought up and planned everything in advance."

In CCS it blends well with the character relationships and the progression of the everyday life stuff. In Sailor Moon the main story parts are so jarring compared to the SoL fun stuff.

Sailor Moon sprinkles tiny bits of plot progression throughout most of the filler episodes. The characters are the real driving force behind the series. If you don't think they change much over time, just compare Usagi and Rei from season 1 to their season 5 counterparts. Not losing their most recognizable traits doesn't mean they haven't changed.

Sailor Moon is a good watch, though the inner senshi will piss you off something fierce.

Its not that they dont change, it just takes so many episodes for it to happen. The characters go through so much shit together but they dont change until the season finale. It ends up feeling clunky. But its not like I would reccommend skipping episodes either because the fillers are legitimately good for lots of reasons. I just wish more thought would have been put into making each episode better and less formulaic.

I was obsessed with SM as a kid, but it was just okay when I rewatched it as an adult. Better than crystal for sure though.

Ok, I see where you're coming from now.
The problems you're talking about come from the fact that they were making this show on the spot. The manga and anime were being made at the exact same time with only a few key plot details having been worked out on both sides.

Does anyone have recommendations on which batch torrents to use on nyaa for Sailor Moon all seasons?
There's a bunch of different ones and I don't know which one to use.

The Koten_Gars torrents are the best, quality-wise. Sadly the first season is numbered a bit out-of-order and is missing episode 35. Also they've only just released season 3 because they're ripping the Australian DVDs which have the nicest quality along with the viz redub.

So they haven't done season 4 and 5 yet?

Jupiter is the best.

Inreally like her voice actor.for the new engliah dub. Something about that voice is really sexy.

Nope. You could probably use the SMC R2 releases for the last two seasons since they use remastered DVD sources, but they applied a shit ton of DNR and boosted the saturation to hell and back for them with hardsubbed karaoke for the OP and ED sequences.

I actually met her new VA at a con last year, she's pretty cool irl.

That's nice to know, but I still like Emi Shinohara. I'm a subtitle snob.

If you're watching the dub, you might as well not even watch the show. The performances by the original cast are 90% of why the show is so good.

She’s one of the few English VA’s who I think are actually pretty good.

I've watched it as a kid and loved it. Did a rewatch of first season a few years back, and the charm still holds. Watching and loving Utena right now (23/39) and it's VEEERY similar when it comes to art direction (shared staff?), though a much different story.

Make note that Venus in the classic anime is quite different from manga and other adaptations. Also, Crystal season 1 and 2 are garbage. Do avoid.