Do you hide your power level? Or do you display your enthusiasm for Japanese comics and cartoons openly?

Do you hide your power level? Or do you display your enthusiasm for Japanese comics and cartoons openly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rkpu4Ruz8i4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Flaunting only works if you're subtle.

>Or do you display your enthusiasm for Japanese comics and cartoons openly?
No, but I lost a bet and had to wear a handful of button pins on my bag for a day.
None of the pins were explicit, but I still had some questionable looks when I had to go to my next lecture.

I had one girl talk to me.

I don't keep much "evidence" of my power level, but more out of an autistic need for my stuff to be practical or multi-purpose.

When I see someone talk, play, or read something though, I step in and act like it's normal to talk about it. This has generally been met with embarrassment on their side, but I would have thought that if I could name drop the damn show at a glance, I am AT LEAST as deep in it as they are.

What say you, anons? How would you react to someone casually talking to you about it?

Don't really make an effort to hide it. More of a don't ask, don't tell person. My room is full autism though so friends and relatives get an unhealthy dose of my autism though.

I don't talk to anyone about it
I only talk to my mom, grandparents and single friend, none of whom give a shit

I do not understand what compels a man to festoon his accounts with anime avatars.

My kitchen has some anime wallpapers, girls don't really give a shit. But I never talk about anime or manga in public.

I explicitly hide it. The one time I mentioned it I got made fun of.

The worst was when I was streaming a game, left my stream on and started watching black lagoon in front of 200+ viewers. I got comments for weeks asking me who's my waifu and shit like that.

I flaunt my powerlevel to lull weebs into a false sense of security, it makes them lower their shields and reveal their powerlevels. Then play the "oh that, it's a gift from my cousin, he's a weirdo" and bully them.

I display it to an extent, bottling it all up is just unnecessary stress and doesn't really benefit much.
For instance I make my love for giant robots pretty well known to those who know me.

I only have the stuff normies would like out on display

What, am I supposed to place my own photo then?!

>hiding power level
>2018
In 2000, it was quite hard, if you show your power level it may even ruin your social life. But nowdays pretty much everybody know what anime is and, most likely, watched one or two series. So, unless you release all your power at once, its quite hard get fucked up about it

>release all your power at once

well, this IS anime

I don't particularly hide it, but since I like wallpapers like pic related people can recognize my power level only if they're interested enough in anime.
Apart from that, I talk normally to people who read manga.
The most embarrassing thing that happened was probably my father that saw the Spice & Wolf Anniversary Collector's Edition. It's a bit hard at first to explain that, even if there's a naked wolf girl, the story is actually well written and entertaining.

>tfw my father saw my copies of Monster Musume
>tfw he was just happy that I wasn't gay
T-thanks, dad

>tfw I accidently let my guard down and had to explain how I knew Hentai Kamen from description alone.

I'm a fucking nerd and everyone knows it but I doubt they care even know how much of a nerd I really am

I just accidentally linked a lewd yuru camp pic to my kind of a normie friend. Please kill me.

I listen to anime music at work and talk about it with some of my coworkers.

I don’t really worry about it, most of my friends either like anime themselves or are indifferent towards it. I never bring it up in conversation anyone outside those people though. No need to project my autism to a stranger. If they ask I’d probably just say yeah and change the subject. As far as displaying autism my phone and computer wallpaper are anime related but I live alone and don’t have any friends up here so it’s not like I go out much anyway and there’s people to see that stuff.

I do browse Sup Forums during breaks and listen to anime music while I work...I guess I display my autism more then I thought

I send /d/tier shit to my normie friends 'as a joke' so that when they see my casual-core Sup Forums shit, they're not as put off.

Ah, it happened to me a few years ago when I bought Dragon's Crown together with the art book. He opened the art book at pic related and then he said “Good purchase my son, I approve it”.
He asked me more questions for Spice & Wolf just because I ranted a bit about Yen Press. I was one the anons who brought the book after eight hours from the announcement, however I managed to obtain it only with my third order during February 2017. For this reason, he was interested in watching the book which gave me so many problems.

I have a couple anime key-rings hanging from my backpack, and I don't actively hide it.

I've resisted the urge to decorate my house with anime stuff. Except a couple posters in the kitchen.

Sometimes I think about buying a dakimakura but I'm not ready to stop having 3D sex for the rest of my life.

My phone background is a girl from a Kabuki Shigeyuki H-manga.

When I was 20 my dad walked in as I was watching Ghost in the Shell and disdainfully said something like "yer watchin' cartoons?"

Fortunately it was the scene in which Motoko destroys her arms trying to open the hatch, so he went a lil' pale and muttered something like "eh, oh, ok" and walked away.

My father watched a lot of Mazinger Z when he was younger, so he enjoys watching other mech shows with me.
He's recently been watching NGE

That's a nice one. My parents are way too old for that. I was a teenager when anime first entered my country.

Fortunately there was such a hype literally everybody watched anime then so it wasn't even considered nerdish. 25 years ago every kid watched Goku, Captain Tsubasa and Saint Seya.

I don't mention anything more """anime""" than something like Bebop or Psychopass, but I do get people noticing my subtle powerlevel wallpapers pretty often, and I'll happily discuss degenerate shit if they bring it up.

Which faction of the eternal war does he belong to? Red or Blue?

Not really, I don't generally talk about it in public even with people who watch it, but that's mainly cause they've only seen very mainstream stuff like Deathnote, FMA etc.

I own very little anime merchandise, only a few mangas and 3 T-shirts. The shirts I own are fairly subtle, but I'd never be seen dead wearing a half naked girl on my shirt, 2D or 3D.

>Spice and Wolf
The collectors edition hardback? Took me four tries to get it, worth it.

That's a nice one. I've recommended Psycho-Pass a couple of times to normie friends because (a) its a cool sci-fi series and they'll enjoy it (b) it makes anime look less degenerate than it really is.

I got introduced to anime by a friend showing me two first episodes - Psychopass and Highschool of the Dead. Great intro.

Purple

I've been at this for nearly 20 years now and mostly hide my power level these days. I did go through a short phase in high school were i showed my power level because I had a circle of friends to hang out with. Even ended up with a girlfriend who watched anime with me some how.

I had this
youtube.com/watch?v=rkpu4Ruz8i4
As the ring tone of my phone, now everyone think I'm neonazi.

Yes. While I adore Lawrence and Holo, seeing the price of the numbered anniversary collector's edition skyrocket to 800~1000 € made me rage a bit. Especially when I've sent my order immediately and instead other people who ordered the book a week later obtained it.
It was the usual Yen Press I suppose. I still wonder what passed through their mind when they made only 2000 numbered copies and they didn't reserve even one for the artist (the first one was for Hasekura and other seven were for the Yen Press' directors).

That's why I got a huawei phone and registered two different fingerprints.

I had similar experience when I got DC and started to play it.
My roomates had their fill of mocking my taste, even the maid commented on it.
>tfw no sorceress to animate your corpse

>the maid
Is she cute?

Nope, she's hideous hag, you know that kind that scare the children.
She doesn't look the part or even act like it.

i have figures in my office and stickers on my car. if people ask me about it or if they ask me what my hobbies are ill them about and if theyre genuinely interested i start talking about my favorite works, interesting pieces, or time periods. desu hiding your power level isnt really that big a deal. its fun to talk about things you like

the only evidence of my power level is in my laptop, i hope i dont die a sudden death so i can erase my files.

What a shame. Cute maids are the best

>i can erase my files
Use dead man switch.

>wear normal suit
>act introvert, non spontaneus
>never goes to jap-con shits related
>still have more mangas, animes, gunplas, and related knowledges than those "MUH GAWD I AM OTAKUS" people

dunno m8....

Everyone I know knows that I watch Japanese cartoons. But only a couple close friends know how deep the rabbit hole goes. I'm not enough of a sperg to let random people see my loli ryona collection.

Nah can't. Strict business formal dresscode at work and anything that isn't an expensive as fuck gadget or artsy-degenerate painting isn't allowed for office decoration. Although I sometimes wore animu or vidya shirts to my sport-jacket-and-jeans when I was teaching freshman classes at uni. At home I've only got a few figurines and one poster - in a room I generally don't show to visitors.

A few months ago there was this 45-50 year old totally normal looking woman watching something animooted in her mobile phone and suddenly I was like wtf that's mahoutsukai no yome?!!?

They're hidden among us.

But then any moderate powerlevel user will assume you're a normie

They will never know how deep it goes

>"Do you know what anime is?"
>"I-I'm uh, aware of it"

I hide my powerlevel like a murder body. I live in a neighborhood of grandparents.

i know what a dead man switch is, but how?

I have all my weebshit behind multiple folders. The top level folder has a txt file titled "last will" and includes a request not to look at my weebshit. If people still want to look at it after my death it's their own fault, really.

There's no need to hide your powerlevel if you don't go outside.

>have generic anime girl as background
>grandmother ask "user, why do you have a doll on your phone?"
>mfw

It's a program, when booting you're promoted to enter a passcode + specific keybinds.
if it done right, you gain access.
Done wrong it would wipe browser history, specific directories or even entire HDDs.
I assume your other external HDDs are encrypted, right?

I'd be happy about it. It'd be nice to talk to someone about my interests outside of the Internet.

Got pic related as my phone's wallpaper and regularly play the game openly in the office, as well as listening to anime music there (not when the boss is around, of course). No one at my work or home gives a shit about the topic. Sometimes, there would be peoples from other departments approaching saying "Oh, I like anime too. What're your favorites?", I namedrop them a few then the conversation basically ends with "Sorry, I don't know about that series" "Yeah, I know". I do hide the lewd stuffs, though.

but is monstergirlsexuality really better than homosexuality?

Yes

It's easy to answer part of it since female centaur >>> male centaur but what about monsters without sex? like slime?

I don't leave the house and have no friends or anything like that so there is really no reason to hide anything. My little brother and sister both know but they watch anime too. Theoretically if I had friends I wouldn't care to hide it, I can understand if you're in high school and ashamed or something but as an adult I've just accepted it as a part of myself and no longer feel the need to hide it.

During college some people were watching anime with the TV in the student break / food location area place. It was Eva and then they watched some OPM and I just watched with them and after I expressed my guilt of watching quite a lot they all asked me for shows to watch.

Suprisingly a lot of them were black too.

Psycho pass is a pretty good first anime, after that if they really want to get into anime i recommend soul eater

She is just being tsundere

user, to be a tsundere she has to show some dere dere side.

I don't hide it, but I don't talk about anime and manga openly, unless the other person starts talking about that, and I don't own weeb t-shirts or merchandise in general. PC and phone have anime wallpapers and I use anime avatars on IM platforms but nobody seems to care: it's like having a picture of a cat as wallpaper or profile picture, I guess.

"I'm sorry, I do not watch tv shows you want to discuss with me. I barely have time for my own hobbies." If they ask, I just outright say anime and manga. Unfortunately, I haven't met an user offline I can be bros with. I'm lucky to have bros online anyway.

That only looks nice when idealized.

People I've met who like anime -also women, like, real 3D women- usually have seen and liked stuff I haven't. Its too wide a world to find a common ground even with thouse involved.

And that's when you're lucky. It gets worse when you talk with people who like anime and their taste is shit. I get really judgemental, like "I'm not making friends with someone who liked that shit"

I don't go out of my way to hide it but it's not like I advertise it.
Streamers don't have human rights.

Meh. Unless they were a hardcore fujoshi or have literally only watched Naruto/Soul Eater, I could probably get along with anybody.

I actually do have a friend who watches anime. Her taste is pretty shit, but I still have fun talking with her.

>mahoutsukai no yome
Oh shit I've been out of the loop and didn't remember they adapted this. Is it as good as the manga?

>real 3D women
Have you really encountered those fantastical creatures?
If so what's their opinion on boku no pico and bible black?

I don't see any advantage of revealing your power level, it can only hurt your job prospects and cause relationships with others to become more tiresome. Unless you're a normalfag looking for friends in which case you can fuck off of Sup Forums.

I used to hide it, but now I don't really care because its something that i actually enjoy so im not going to hide what I like. But I dont go out of my way and sperg out at every chance to talk about anime. If the topic comes up about hobbies and interests ill bring it up though.

Honestly, it's become so mainstream that I don't give a shit anymore. I used to care more, but when I started seeing normies mentioning that stuff from time to time, there really wasn't much reason to hide it. No reason to go out of of my way to show it either of course, mind you. It's just a generic hobby now.

Fascinating, sadpanda/djt/scanlator threads get deleted yet we have these.

nice meta post

>Mazinger
Are you French or Italian?
I know our old generation watched that a lot

I hid it for so long that now that I'm fine with telling my friends I don't want to because I know they will be mad that I didn't tell them even though we have known each other for almost two decades.

I don’t really hide it anymore. All of my friends know I watch it, they don’t obviously but they just chalk it up to one of my quirks. My gf knows as well since we live together but she grew up with a brother who watched toonami and the like growing up so it wasn’t a big deal for her either.

She actually bought me the entire set of the English edition of Goodnight PunPun for Christmas.

I'm open about it. I work in a corporate environment and most people are closet nerds anyway so when they find out someone else is like them they usually just get excited.

No one really cares unless you look like a stereotype.

I've got a great group of open minded friends, they all know and my family knows how much I'm into it but that's it. I've got tons of posters and manga at my apartment but I don't have a single piece of clothing or accessory related to anime. I'm giant hairy 6'3" motherfucker and am often mistaken to be in my early 30's. If I wore anything like that or talked about it openly with people who didn't know me well it'd basically be social suicide.

i don't hide it. the only times i want to hide it are when i meet the ironic anime watchers who love memes and stupid internet shit.

it's not an uncommon hobby for anyone younger than about 35 or so. and in my experience people don't really give me shit except the ones who were determined to dislike me anyway.

I don't think anyone gives a shit.

If my shelves were full of ecchi figurines and I slept with a dakimakura then I'd worry a bit and hide it, though.

Even my best friends don't know, which is odd cause I dont hide anything. They think I'm a super macho normie cause I lift, but I'm as weeb as they come.

The ideal existence

Wouldn't want to be mistken for an ironic weeb so I hide it

We belong in the shadows

All of my friends watch anime so my powerlevel needs to be flaunted or they'll call me a casual and tell me to watch more anime, or worse they'll keep bugging me to watch whatever crap they like

i am pretty /fit/ and i try to dress like a human being, only my closest friends know im a irredemable weeabo

Simply put, I match my power level to whoever's I'm talking to.

My pop watched speed racer and shit when he was a kid. I specifically remember watching Shin Chan with him when I was like 8. I think he liked it.

Flip

>leaving your house
>interacting with the outside world

I hide my power level, mostly. I'm not shy about talking about anime and manga, but I know my audience. I only talk about the weirder stuff like waifus and moe anime and gal games and yuri and shit with close friends, who seem to think I'm joking.