Shonen Jump 2008 - 2013

1968 - 1973
1973 - 1978
1978 - 1983
1983 - 1988
1988 - 1993
1993 - 1998 1998 - 2003 2003 - 2008 We are entering in this decade. Man, this felt like yesterday

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nreCjekf8k
youtube.com/watch?v=vkvpA08IJDU&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=5W3DSRRwqOs
youtube.com/watch?v=LIBPhMB4nZw&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=BkHZhFhxQUI&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=CTcRxo0Laxc&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=URQJP9UbjdA
youtube.com/watch?v=2---3Iysnqg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNo3qQ92d0&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=hMYhMnRxj-0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6bTCZGDuo
youtube.com/watch?v=6c5p6UfZFVU
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.124894
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NURARIHYON NO MAGO

>Plot: user which is 1/4 yokai is designed 3rd Nara Clan head by his grandfather. He's reclutant to do it. At night he transforms in a more yokai and badass version
>Tons of yokais
>Great artwork

youtube.com/watch?v=7nreCjekf8k

TORIKO

>Shimabukuro is back after his great success Takeshi (see 1993-98 thread) was cancelled because he was arrested
>Plot: manly adventures in a world where food is EVERYTHING
>If i recall, this is the only 00s MANga
>Was constantly put at One Piece and Dragon Ball level by Shueisha

youtube.com/watch?v=vkvpA08IJDU&t=1s

BAKUMAN

>Plot: High school writer and high school artist decide to create together a Jump manga. Writer is in love with a girl who wants to be seiyuu
>Ohba and Obata are back after Death Note (after Bakuman, they are doing together Platinum End which is like Death Note but with angels)

youtube.com/watch?v=5W3DSRRwqOs

KUROKO NO BASKET
>Plot: user who is invisible for everybody is in fact sixth member of legendary middle school basketball team. He teams up with a guy who was in America for high school
>No football manga managed to reach Captain Tsubasa. Kuroko somehow managed to be almost as popular as Slam Dunk
>Basketball with some sort of mini-powers

youtube.com/watch?v=LIBPhMB4nZw&t=16s

OP where are you

BEELZEBUB

>Plot: Delinquent high school student is forced to be the ''parent'' of baby demon who is the son of Demon King
>Not sure, but basically only delinquent MC in 00s
>Lot of humor, lot of action
>Praise Furuichi

youtube.com/watch?v=BkHZhFhxQUI&t=1s

Here user. Just started a little early since previous thread is almost done

MEDAKA BOX

>[Plot: Medaka-chan becomes student council president with 98% of the votes. She's perfect in everything]
>[NisiOisiN is here]
>[Comedy, TONS OF ACTION, deconstructions, etc]

youtube.com/watch?v=CTcRxo0Laxc&t=1s

NISEKOI

>Plot: Raku and Chitoge are force to act as a couple because their families are mafia rivals
>Raku is searching the girl who is owner of the key which locks a pendant
>Romantic comedy which becomes a little harem

youtube.com/watch?v=URQJP9UbjdA

Jesus Christ you didn't even try this time around

HAIKYU

>Plot: Short guy wants to play in voleyball high school team
>Made voley popular in Japan
>The most realistic sports manga in this decade (no superpowers, only human effort)
>Is going to be the second longest running Jump manga

youtube.com/watch?v=2---3Iysnqg

SAIKI KUSUO NO Ψ-NAN

>Plot: MC is a quiet guy who talks in inner monologue because he wants to control his powers
>Too powerful esper
>Comedy manga with tons of funny characters and situations
>Getting 2nd anime season right now

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNo3qQ92d0&t=7s

Fuck off.

ASSASINATION CLASSROOM

>Plot: Mysterious being destroys 70% of Moon, threatens to do the same with Earth in one year. Until then he's teaching some students who must kill him
>By Neuro author
>Koro-sensei was an AWESOME teacher
>Was very succesful in Japan. Possibly most popular 10s manga there

youtube.com/watch?v=hMYhMnRxj-0

Fun fact: Nura and Tsurara had a cameo in Shiibashi's latest work.

You’re simply describing your post

I miss these 2 a lot

>second
Third.

>HQ is now the oldest running title barring OP
W-well

SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA

>Plot: Yukihira Soma enters in high school dedicated to cooking. Only 10% of people manage to graduate there
>Ferocious cooking battle mangas with tons of foodgasms
>Tsukuda art is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6bTCZGDuo

You forgot HxH dumbfuck

>Tsukuda
>art

I said running, not sitting on its ass every 10 steps

OP here. That's all for now. Was thinking in putting World Trigger, I'll open last thread tomorrow with it instead (since is more from the next and last age)

Honorable mentions: Double Arts, Ane Doki, Enigma, Magico, ST&RS, Ōmagadoki Dōbutsuen, Barrage, Hungry Joker, Cross Manager

>Kuroko somehow managed to be almost as popular as Slam Dunk
NANI?

S2 had the best OPs
youtube.com/watch?v=6c5p6UfZFVU

Lineup of basically yesterday

>One Piece
>Naruto
>Toriko
>Bleach
>D.Gray-man
>Katekyo Hitman Reborn
>Nurarihyon no Mago/Assasination Classroom
>Beelzebub
>Bakuman/Shokugeki
>Medaka Box
>Kuroko no Basket
>Eyeshield 21/Haikyuu
>To Love Ru/Nisekoi
>Gintama
>Sket Dance
>Saiki Kusuo
>Kochikame

>Was thinking in putting World Trigger, I'll open last thread tomorrow with it instead
Can't wait. Rip Ashihara ;_;

OP here. I meant, not as popular as Slam Dunk, but Kuroko was VERY popular and sold A LOT. If I remember, Kuroko is like 20th most sold Jump manga in all history

Only football manga which was somehow successfull which was not Tsubasa (Whistle) wasn't able to do that.

> Bakuman
> Kuroko no fujobait
> Haikyuu
> AssClass
> Only 4 real truly successful manga

RIP JUMP.

Also, best girl wins.
Underrated manga, and Toriko vs Tommyrod was the best fight in the 00's decade. For me, this was the last shonen with adventures and exciting fights serialized in Jump.

These 5 years were strange. For one part this can be (together with magic 2004) the period with most new titles in this decade (if you count, there are 11 of them, and Toriko, Kuroko, Assasination Classroom,Bakuman, Shokugeki and Haikyuu have very great sales).

For other period, this period was full of potential manga which were axed quickly.

Also, if you notice, 2010 is first year since 1974 with didn't have any important Jump title. Hell, from Medaka to Box (june 2009 I think) to Nisekoi (ends of 2011) there is a big hole of almost 2 years with nothing relevant.

Then 2012 was productive again with 4 titles

OP when you started this, i thought you might give some background info on those manga you are listing but all you are doing is listing the series and post some very basic summary.
What is the point of these threads? Everyone can go through Wikipedia.

2012 was so big and influential it affected the entire posterior period as you'll see tomorrow:
>2013 only got World Trigger
>2014 only 2 titles
>2015 only 1 title

2016 can be an important year for Jump (we must wait to check) since it was the year of Kimetsu, Yuuna, and Neverland (plus Boruto). Then 2017 we got 2-3 titles, and let's see how 2 titles of 2018 for now perform

Furuichi is /our guy/

The thing I followed most on the series is when that insane guy kept sending poison to Fujisaki and threatening to blow up a Kuroko event.

This. In the beginning in was interesting but after the 80's it felt really redundant like it was obvious he had not read most of the series (Sexy Commander, Jaguar, Bo^7) or didn't like them (Naruto, Bleach, etc.).

OP was was a Kuromedafag who never knew what he was doing.

I wonder what's his next work after this? I really enjoyed Neuro and AssClass but best boy had to die in Neuro

>Talking about Nisekoi
>Not talking about /ourguy/ Y-san from Chiba prefecture

OP please.

This decade is practically 1970: not big titles, not good sales, not good series and not good future.

Medaka Box and Nisekoi wasn't important titles.
>2012
>influential
>Only two big hits
You're a fucking idiot.

Shitposter is here again. OP has been doing this for usted to discuss from the beginning. You started to be buttfucked since three threads ago, so as one who has been following this since 70s: fuck off

even today I still do not understand why this boredomfest has been so successful.

btw, neuro is another overrated garbage. matsui can't write.

Good riddance, this is such a shitty overrated manga

>
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.124894

>WSJ has the most titles out of all the publishers
Okay

We know it's you OP. The IP didn't move

It hit a nerve with general schoolkids, I suppose. The school system over there must be frustrating.

But there have been a lot of succesful titles (almost all of them in this 5 years-period)

About next period, I agree. Hinomaru sales are pretty horrible

Isn't Tosh the artist and Tsukuda is the author with minor tweaks here and there?

OP here. Yes, my bad

OP gets a lot of shit wrong in case you haven't noticed

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2017/.124894

So, Hero Academia is already selling more than Haikyuu

gto did all this ten years before and much better

>both of his series got anime
He's obviously doing something right, like it or not.

Koro-sensei was a great character, too bad the author wanted to focus on to the boring kids.

But GTO doesn't have qt octopus teacher.

Hey OP, thanks for everything, but really please take a bit more time to not get things wrong and try to find some interesting facts for your Magazine and Sunday series later.

that was because of the boost that S2 had (something rare, btw). but per volume haikyuu sells more.

I'm not OP. If you are so butthurt about OP mistakes, why don't you do your threads from the beginning like OP? I know why, you are a bored troll who only wants to steal attention

That was with its second boost. Per volume I think its still behind.

hiro mashima agrees
onizuka was much funnier and complex, korosensei was just a goody-goody talker

>Prince of Tennis and Eyeshield 21
>Get reemplaced by Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu

Who would you see is the best suitor to Kuroko as second spokon succesor? Hinomaru? RobotxLaserman? Both of them are shit?

Also, if Haikyuu ends (it looks it still has a long way), Jump is going to be desesperated to search a spokon for reemplacing it

Slam dunk > Kuroko no basket

Beelzebub > Reborn. Also its interesting how this magazine had two series about a teen / baby partner-ship at the same time.

Underrated

This is pretty shallow, you could have at least mentioned that Nura and Beelzebub were the only GFC winners to ever actually succeed.

ITT: We post decent series that shouldn't get axed

I remember that one. I loved that one.

This is a nice read, it's good but it turns fairly mediocre with some great moments near the final arc.

YOUR LOVE AOZORA TOBIKAU BLUE BIRD

Jump doesn't deserve Narita. Feels bad man.

Best character of this period. He did nothing wrong

I swear to god sometimes WSJ makes the most idiotic decisions.

>axe Psyren
>axe Asklepios
>axe Mx0

This series is basically Black Clover in Beta version, except the characters were actually likable.

2008 was the last good year

What about 2012?
>Haikyu
>Saiki Kusuo
>AssClass
>Shokugeki

>Comparing a well executed fight sceneries with a generic Naruto rip-off series.

Take your (You)

Sket Dance, World Trigger, Kimetsu no Yaiba exists after 2008 though

>World Trigger
overrated shit

Wasn't his newest series, KissxDeath, supposed to end soon, or did I get wrong info?

>World Trigger
underrated gem

While we're discussing WSJ manga, does majority of Sup Forums seriously liked Hungry Marie?

I thought it was a fucking snorefest.

>World Trigger
Hiatus x Hiatus 2: Electric Boogaloo

I hope it's Neuro 2 so Viz will have to license Neuro 1.

What the hell? It barely got threads. 1-3 people maybe liked it. I was one of them, but I quickly stopped caring.

>older Yako
Oh god my dick
Honestly it's been teased for awhile though, Koro Q made a joke about it as well

The problem with this manga is how quickly and utterly it abandoned its whole original premise and cast and everything and just turned into a long-drawn out battle manga, I did like all the work put into the ending but it's obvious why it got cancelled

Really great series, the backlash against it by autistic males was overblown (and nonsensical considering it came from a long line of widly successful Jump manga that was mainly attracting a female yaoi dojinshi market)

Haikyu has one of best anime adaptations, desu. Together with Hero Academia

t. Fujoshit

>Also, if you notice, 2010 is first year since 1974 with didn't have any important Jump title. Hell, from Medaka to Box (june 2009 I think) to Nisekoi (ends of 2011) there is a big hole of almost 2 years with nothing relevant.
See this is where people stuck in modern times can't recognize what relevant is, you may not like them but in that span of years came the debut serializations of Horikoshi, Furudate, Ashihara who all came back to be some of the best-sellers in Jump a few years later

There's also the fact that some of those others were really good and there's a decent chance some of those creators will come back and be relevant again someday

It's like everyone just wants to be there at the beginning of the next big hit and spergs out if something they didn't latch onto initially makes it big and decides that success doesn't count

There's so much interesting in Jump historically that wasn't "relevant" at the time but became so later because the creator made it big, like Cyborg Jii-chan got a spot in Jump's 50th anniversary exhibition but back in 1989 it was just a failed series by a total nobody

There's nothing wrong with liking something that got cancelled

You could at least try to provide some interesting info for each series, otherwise what's really the point of these threads?

I started reading this manga last week and I'm on chapter 330 right now.
It's pretty underrated desu, the worldbuilding is fucking toptier even better than One Piece's worldbuilding in my opinion.

>all these get axed, but soma continues

life truly is shit

And Tabata. I'm still mad for Hungry Joker

BUMP OF CHICKEN is so recognizable I knew it was them after like two seconds. Good shit.

D.Gray-man was a trainwreck. Started out great though and even some of the later arcs were decent

>And Tabata.
Fuck off. Hungry Joker wasn't even go
That's not BUMP OF CHICKEN

Is it really not? Then they got a singer that sounds just like the guy from BUMP OF CHICKEN, holy shit.

I'll take Hungry Joker over Black Clover