Has anyone here actually finished the entire Urusei Yatsura series?

Has anyone here actually finished the entire Urusei Yatsura series?

What do you think the best movie was?

I just started it recently, I'm on episode 24 right now I'm really liking it it's cute

She's so cute in that outfit

I got about that far too, but I eventually got a bit bored. It has a very sticom feel to it . I think my mistake was trying to marathon it.

Yeah, I don't watch it a lot at once maybe like 5 episodes a day I feel like if I tried to watch it all day I'd get bored too

Only the Oshii episodes are worth it, so don't bother finishing it. The series is also very episodic, so watching one or two episodes every once in a while is probably the best way to watch it. The overarching plot matters litter beside the daily antics. Best movie is obviously radical dreamers, there really is no competition.

Youtube has a great playlist by Sup Forums that's basically only the Oshii episodes, movies, and the ending.

I got pretty far into the manga, but the progression of the story/relationship was just adding characters to shit on Ataru. Maison Ikkoku is a better Rumiko Takahashi series.

Whats an Oshii episode? I'm retarded

>don't watch it a lot
>maybe like 5 episodes a day

It would still take me a month to watch every episode that's a long time

>Only the Oshii episodes are worth it

Discard him, he's an idiot.
It's a fun, over the top series with zany characters. If that isn't your cup of tea, look elsewhere.

I did some years ago. Now I rewatch my favorite episodes and movies every now and then.

Movie 2 (Beautiful Dreamer) and I think Movie 6 (Always my Darling) is the funniest.

Fav episodes are when Ryoko made a voodoo doll of her brother Shutaro and gave it to Ataru without telling him what it is. Hilarity ensues. Also the one where everyone dies in a creepy house except Ataru.

Die

Mamoru oshii is a famed anime director who started out directing tv anime. He directed about half of Urusei Yatsura and a few of the movies, including Radical Dreamers, which is generally regarded as the best one.

>Being this contrarian.
There was a clear shift in tone and animation once Oshii stepped doen as director. The anime series became popular because of it’s wacky hijinks and surreal plots, so shifting the focus on the romance makes it much less unique and interesting.

Oh okay thanks
I really like it so far it's a nice story

>contrarian
It's your word against the millions of japanese fans who loved the show you fucking idiot. You don't know what contrarian means.

On top of that, you're an idiotic ESL. No shock there.

Yeah don't marathon it you will burn yourself out just take it bit by bit.

You're fucking gay

I've watched every episode, half the movies, and maybe half the OVAs. It's my favorite anime series of all time and I started watching it a decade ago when I saw Beautiful Dreamer on Comcast On Demand. Trying to go back and watch the dub now is impossible. I haven't finished everything because I like to savor it as long as possible. I used to limit myself to one episode a day but by now I've rewatched a good amount of it. I read the manga way back too. It's quite different with how it handles Lum's fan club.

My favorite of the movies is the first one. It has such a sweet story and my favorite parts of the show have always been the romantic moments between Lum and Ataru.

>riot shield

>Being this mad.
Chill dude, everyone is entilted to their own opinions. I’m just putting out why I think the first half of UY is much better than the second half. You’re free to express why you think differently in another post instead of just raging pointlessly.

I am sincerely curious on what makes you think I don’t speak English natively. Probably wouldn’t have bothered to reply otherwise.

If you're posting an opinion, express it as such. If you're going to say "Only the Oshii episodes are worth it", people are correct to label you retarded.

Stopped watching when they changed the episode structure.

I've watched everything except movie 6, since I forgot it exitsts. The first movie is probably my favorite since it was the most similar to the earlier episodes, although I did enjoy the entire series

The late Oshii/early Yamazaki episode era stuff are the best

i was planning on giving maison ikkoku a watch, it looks good

>Has anyone here actually finished the entire Urusei Yatsura series?
Yes. Kazuo Yamazaki and Oshii were really talented people, and let's not forget the rest of the team. The comedy in UY is timeless, thanks to the entire team trying to push boundaries and experiment with the characters.
>What do you think the best movie was?
Beautiful Dreamer. It's beautiful, in both visuals and the story.

This series, at least in the manga im reading, has some seriously dark humour. The parents joking (partially) about ataru should have never been born etc.

Takahashis humour works no matter what time it is, I suppose.