Koe no Katachi

Am I the only one who feels identified with this story?
With this film I relived the dark side of my childhood and my later redemption with the person I did harassment

The film is far from being a masterpiece, but it made me cry like never before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xN7ZT8hJiAg
european-agency.org/country-information/germany/national-overview/special-needs-education-within-the-education-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some idiots going to post about Your Name getting awards, blah blah...

But before that, I think it's a good series. Not a masterpiece like you mentioned, but I think people are able to make a connection to the story.

B-but Your Name is nominated to Oscar

In exactly the same boat as you OP. Probably my favourite movie from last year/late 2016.

Why did Kyoani skip the whole film making plot? I loved that in the manga especially since it gave more development to Tomohiro and the criticism he received from the film critics was pretty hilarious. I thought a lot of the characters in the movie were handled well but the manga did some things better than others. Still wish they kept in that scene from Shoko's POV how she perceives things.

Tomohiro was an issue of the film
They should removed that character if they dont pretend to develop Tomohiro

No it isn't, it got denied in favour of western films.

Both are good, "I don't like it, so You shouldn't like it as well" attitude is only idiotic thing about it.

I will never understand how Boss Baby could get a nomination over Koe no Katachi.

he doesn't contributes nothing to the film

They also completely skipped over Miki and the other guy's romance while barely giving him a character. Seems like they only gave development to Shoko, Yuzu and Ishida and Ueno.

pic rel you fucking pleb

Why they dont show us her face?
We see it in the manga?

Says the facebook memester!

Movie was ok, manga was almost good

youtube.com/watch?v=xN7ZT8hJiAg
T_T

It's also heavily implied Ishiday's sister was a massive slut before meeting Pedro too. It was just a recurring joke that we never see her face or speak.

it's actually a reddit meme hehe you got me my dude

There's a short brown middle eastern in my uni that's constantly threatening people and talking shit to everyone to feel good about himself. He's doing it and waiting for somebody to kick his teeth in so that he can call his insurance company and get money for it because "he didn't start the fight and it has traumatized him". The dumb little shit even brags about insurance profits too.

Bullying has basically become like this, where you false flag and try to get people to hit you so that you can play the victim and make a bank off of it. I doubt old school bullying even exists anymore, and I hate that movie because it's a love story based on "bullying" that never happens. Kids don't bully handicapped classmates because it's literally illegal for parents and schools to put handicapped children in normal classes with normal kids.

The most beautiful
And the most SLUT

I laughed as seen kid is black, and then they didn't show her face till the end. Well maybe it's because of me visiting Sup Forums

>
> It's also heavily implied Ishiday's sister was a massive slut before meeting Pedro too. It was just a recurring joke that we never see her face or speak.

Do you really need to imply someone is a whore with daddy issues if that said person is fucking nigs?

>because it's literally illegal for parents and schools to put handicapped children in normal classes with normal kids.
This is false. At least in my country

>it's literally illegal for parents and schools to put handicapped children in normal classes with normal kids

I don't know what 3rd world country you're from, but here in the civilized world our laws don't impair the freedom of choice to this level. Here, we have specialized schools yes, but the parents can still choose to send their children to normal class.
I guess you're from the US. It's only natural to have no freedom in the US.

Come to think of it we never found out what happened with Shoya's father in the manga did we? I can't remember if it was implied he died anywhere since there wasn't an incense memorial in their house.

Who cares about Asia and Africa.

Western Europeans countries do not allow kids with downs syndrome, any syndrome, deaf or blindnes to be in a class with normal kids.

Koe no Katachi is nominated for next years already.

>Western Europeans countries

It took me literally 5 minutes of google research to learn that in Germany for example, it is possible for parents to choose otherwise

>european-agency.org/country-information/germany/national-overview/special-needs-education-within-the-education-system
>"In nearly all Länder, parents are able to choose the school they prefer, even for pupils with severe disabilities"

Which, by the way, is exactly the case in my country as well.
I don't fucking know what 3rd world shithole you're from but I'm guessing there's a designated shitting street in front of your ghetto block.

masterpiece minus the ending.

>The film is far from being a masterpiece
do you really have to try this hard to be a contrarian faggot?

It was alright. Convoluted at parts, but overall not the usual melodramatic slog. But holy fuck, that bitch got away with everything.

The filmmaking plot was just a vehicle to force Shouya to interact with a bunch of different people. It ended up wasting a ton of time and didn't have anything to do with the rest of the plot.

did you mother got impregnated by a didnu?

>tfw relate with the movie
>tfw realize you can fix things
>tfw you realize you are 32 years old and 15 years too late
Fuck, now what.

Learn sign language

Pleb

Just move on, unless you are severely traumatized by that or some shit

We never see her face because it's the author's(female) self insert. All we know about her that she fucked more than 30 guys by the age of 16, but big boi Pedro purified her into a tame housewife.
>Come to think of it we never found out what happened with Shoya's father in the manga did we?
Ishidamom said something about him losing his hair and escaping at light speed, leaving family and hair make salon behind. Not 100% sure what she was implying by that though.

learn sign language and stalk deaf highschoolers

Read Kurosawa now and realize that it's not too late, until it's actually too late.

People that can't move on usually kill themselves.

you mean including the ending

bump

I identify but only because I also want to kill myself

>because it's the author's(female) self insert
so uh
does that mean the author herself is a massive slut who got addicted to BR cock or is she only fantasizing about that

It was another way to explore prejudice in a little less of a heavy way and the conclusion of that subplot was important because it shows bullying in the adult world and has the characters use the leasons they learned in the story in a less dramatic, more practical situation to stay cohesive in the face of prejudice and bullying.

>romance
>the never got together
Bad movie

Yeah it's this thing called "being an hour and a half long"

what's wrong with the ending?

whats that? A well reasoned and articulate response to unfounded criticism?

Get the fuck out.

I related to this more instead of "muh plot comet"

It made the story less focused and coherent. It's been a while since I've read it, so I'm not exactly sure what instance of prejudice are you refering to. If you're talking about how the movie is percieved by the critics and the talk with the teacher, then I think that those scenes don't justify prolonging the plot, or that they're any good to begin with. Most of the side characters weren't interesting or likeable anyway, so I didn't really care about them.
how much dick can you possibly suck

Have no idea, but she is like 28 or something, still pretty young, and I believe her other manga is about ex-prostitute.
There is barely any romance in the first place, but these bits that are present bait you quite hard, actually usually I don't care about pairing shit, but this time around I really wanted happy ending for Shoko, but oh well, stay strong miserable little deaf girl.

Ueno is indeed the cutest

Her tsundere behavior towards the end shows more character development than that pigtailed bitch that would purposely cry and talk as loud as possible to make herself the victim.

>Bullying has basically become like this, where you false flag and try to get people to hit you so that you can play the victim and make a bank off of it.
I won't say that never happens, because if a possible way for people to be shitty to other people exists, someone's doing it. But I don't believe it's the only form bullying takes anymore, or that it's the most common.
>Kids don't bully handicapped classmates because it's literally illegal for parents and schools to put handicapped children in normal classes with normal kids.
Maybe it's illegal wherever you live, but it isn't everywhere in the world.

That's funny

I cried like a little bitch too. Until then only 5cm/sec managed to wreck me like that.

how tall is ishida? seems like a tallish dude for a nip, maybe its just the spiky hair

how could it be nominated for next years?

>Kinder Ueno

Implying the ending isn´t one of the best parts of the movie

>t. retard

Shit opinion. Shit taste. Not Surprised.

So the main question for the whole of Koe no Katachi is this...did they have coitus?

Not gonna lie having read the manga, I teared up when I first saw the trailer. I avoided the movie for months thinking I'd seriously cry like a bitch if I saw it.
Which I did
It hit too close to home.

>5cm/sec
That movie was mindblowingly boring. You're not serious are you?

I was so underwhelmed by 5cm/sec that I was certain I had been meemed by Sup Forums.

I'm serious, when that train passed by and she wasn't there I just broke.

The only thing that evoked any kind of emotion from me in that movie was my thought that "This surfer girl is cute. And considerably better than our boring main girl. MC should choose her".

That's about it.

I guess I'll ask, no image because I already deleted it from my computer, what happened in the middle of the movie with Shouko and her grandma going to the doctor and getting some sort of bad news? I watched the movie 3 times and read the whole manga in a single day and still can't find any relation with that scene and the rest of the series.

She became completely deaf from one ear that's why she only wears one hearing aid later

I might be wrong but I believe she had learned the news that she permanently lost her hearing in one of her ears, the one from which Ishida had taken her hearing aid. Least that's what made the most sense to me.

I dont get how boss baby could get nominated for anything except for a razzie or something.

That's what I thought too but the matter is never brought up again so the whole scene becomes irrelevant for the rest of the movie, that's why I was thinking that there was something I missed there.

I loved this movie (and the manga too), it was heartbreaking to watch. While I was never bullied in school, it still hit close to home, it reminded me what it felt like to feel worthless and struggle with anxiety and depression, I felt like I could relate to the story. It's well made movie overall, I wish there were more anime like this.

Koe no Katachi deserved better.

How's it shit if I may ask? You'd honestly sympathize with her even though she's got the "crybaby bitch who could do not wrong" game under play. Out of everyone, she honestly didn't change at the least. Keep defending your waifu though.

I mean, it's not meant to start a new subplot or anything, it's just to show the consequences of Ishida's actions in the past. It's basically just a way to make evident how far the whole bullying thing went, so bringing it up again doesn't seem necessary, at least to me.

It's not necessary, in the sense that its absence wouldn't make the movie make less sense, but given the whole point of the movie/manga is the consequences of bullying, I do think it would be lesser without it.

>fear her

>Am I the only one who
Has the answer to any question that starts with this ever been yes?