Houseki no Kuni

Laphos literally did nothing wrong, prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/3bekxyhb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Bortz for new Sensei!

that picture is amazing

>the balls are inert

Chapters are so short. 1 month for 20 pages?
We even ran out of things to discuss

Remember to VOTE in the first-ever Sensei elections!!!!
strawpoll.com/3bekxyhb

What happened in the New Chapter?

I can't

>suffering
>suffering
>suffering
>Some Sensei backstory about the first gem, Red Diamond
>Sensei telling everyone left that they must leave him, tries to tell about his purpose but can't
>says that following the FORMER Phosphophyllite is one option they have

Gems so desperate to find friends they shattered or wandered off into the sea.
Sensei collects them, pieces them back together, and holds a family meeting.
Says its all his fault, tells them a a story about Red Diamond, the first of their kind.
Suffering Intensifies.

No more headpats for the traitor, formerly known as Phosphophyllite

What are dose things supposed to be exactly?

Once notPhos gets the 7th treasure and successfully mix flesh and bone, the eye will activate and a lunarian (possibly the prince if he's lying about wanting to die) will try to take over her body, using it as a vessel to finally reincarnate as a human only to have his spirit absorbed and assimilated by pseudo-human notPhos' OP inclusions

Red Diamond happens.

Fools gold pieces that come naturally in most Lapis Lazuli.

Pyrite.

Stop trying to make my pure, well intentioned child the Ryo/Griffith of the story. She did nothing wrong.

My Alexandrite is so nerd and great, i love Lexi

Just realized Phos is one of the very few who can cry so this pic is actual poetry.

It's actually true that Phos did nothing wrong. The truly wrong course of action would be to sit idly, obey Sensei and wait until her and every other gem gets taken away eventually. Yes, the her current method results in some gems suffering, but it is the right choice in the long run.
Can't make an omelette without breaking a few gems.

The most adorable and innocent gem appears!!

Is it really the right course of action if it leads to the potential death/grinding of every single gem?

But Benito was there since chapter 1 user

LaPhos is the good guy in this story, why don't you people understand this?

>tfw you want to commission some cute gems but all of our artfags have closed commissions
Why won't someone just take my money

This

At least it has some chance of success, while doing nothing is a 100% guarantee everyone gets taken. It's the lesser evil, so to say.

Dude, the way this is headed Phos will cause the extinction of all gemkind

Do you really believe anything good will come of bringing humanity back into the picture?
Phos is well on her way to becoming a full-fledged human, and I believe every single component of humanity will miserably die as a result of it

There will literally be no end to the suffering, Phos is ABSOLUTELY the Ryo of Houseki no Kuni

No one's going to eat the omelette if they're dead.

literally who?

luckily most artist are poor their whole lifes and this will give you the chance to commission later.
I'm just joking drawfags, I hope the best for you.

A black sensei, NEVER
Diamond is the one that deserves the title

You're still not seeing the bigger picture. What Phos is doing is better than the endless conflict with the Lunarians. True, it makes a lot (if ~28 is a lot) of gems suffer all at once, and focusing on that alone makes it seem bad, but the overall suffering caused by the conflict Sensei is forcing the gems into is much bigger, and would only increase if something didn't get done.

Diamond is on the moon, she cant be the next Sensei.

I don't have much reason for it but I feel like Aechmea may have been the one who ordered Sensei not to pray back when he was human, or in some direct fault for the current state of affairs, perhaps that's why he is ashamed of his name

I love how Phos haters got BTFO, even sensei admits she is better leader.

I doubt his human name was Aechmea. If it was though, he probably got bullied to no end, which may be why he's so ashamed of it now.

Guys, I talked with Ichikawa and she told me the truth. Turns out that the ........... ancient species after ................... so they had to ........... and because of that Sensei was created, which in turn ................ so the Lunarians want to .................. which might ................... thus the current .................... thats going on here. I think everything makes sense now, even more when you consider ........................... .

I miss the old Phosu, free from the gold Phosu
Find a new job Phosu, set on his goals Phosu
I hate the new Phosu, the bad mood Phosu
The always rude Phosu, spaz on the moon Phosu
I miss the sweet Phosu, write down the deets Phosu
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Phosu
See, I invented Phosu, it wasn't any Phosu
And now I look and look around and there's so many Phosu
I used to love Phosu, I used to love Phosu
I even had the real head, I thought I was Phosu
What if Phosu made a song about Phosu
Called "I Miss Antarcticite"? Man, that'd be so Phosu
That's all it was Phosu, we still love Phosu
And I love you like Phosu loves s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶i̶ betrayal

An endless war between two immortal races is a lot more poetic though, and look what kind of gems it has given birth to!

What would Alex and Bortz be without an eternal enemy to wage war with?

Happy.

Aechmea is a kind of plant. Along with Cicada, we can surmise that he gave those kinds of names out because of his low opinion of the lunarians in general (ghosts of garbage), and especially himself, as plants and insects are the lowest forms of life you can be reincarnated as in Buddhism.

In that case who of the remaining gems has the lightest colour?

Alex would be happy and Bort wouldn't need to stress over protecting everyone and would just chill with the cute jellyfish.
There's nothing good about the ongoing conflict.

And those are just the two most blatant examples, Yellow would not be suffering and Dia's entire character would go out of the window because the rivalry between her and Bortz would disappear.

Every gem would lose a lot of personality without the conflict to keep them alive.

The war didn't give birth to gems, they just plop out of the rock from time to time.
If there was no enemy to begin with, Bortz wouldn't have an obsession with fighting (and could focus on the jellyfish) and Alex would have no reason to hate the lunarians and go berserk.
I do agree though, it is poetic.

Is the human particle just a big blob of DNA?

Well, Euclase is half light-grey half light-blue.

Its semen.

Have you try rebooting your system.

t. laphos

This is the manliest Euc I've ever seen.

I wanted to say Sphene, but Euclase is indeed lighter.

>The war didn't give birth to gems, they just plop out of the rock from time to time.
The implication was that they would not be who they are without the war

10$ says Phos will somehow destroy the Cape of Creation and ruin gemkind forever

I literally don't understand how anyone could be genuinely opposed to phos trying to fix the problem. What kind of idiot is under attack and says "well being whittled down by a war of attrition is just fine"?

>I literally don't understand how anyone could be genuinely opposed to phos trying to fix the problem.
ahh, the silly problems of the low IQ specimen

What kind of idiot goes and whores themselves out to the enemy who literally grind their kind into dust to make the moon shinier?

They wouldn't be exactly who they are now, yes, but they would not be suffering and that makes up for it.

Man I'd take happiness over personality any day.
Obviously not every though, the ones that don't fight and are immersed in their hobbies would mostly be fine. The gems would just need to find something else to do.

No, they'll keep their personalities but not the suffering. The gems, unlike humans, don't seek out conflict and can take joys of the little things in life. Just see how they react when their family betrayed them, they blame themselves.

reminder that all of this could have been prevented by not giving Phos a job and letting him be a NEET for all eternity

You mean cord shore?

I guess he's close enough, for now at least

That's just a place they get pushed out but they come from way down the earth. Destroying it wouldn't do shit

>the problem can be fixed if you take action
>"better just sit here or I might make a mistake"

Like are you just shitposting or would you genuinely sit on your ass until you're the last of your friends alive simply out of fear that your friends might get taken sooner rather than later? That's dumb.

It wouldn't prevent the war with the moonies.

>Moonies or not, Shinsha will keep suffering
fuck

This all started precisely when phos got given a job though. Should've been left a NEET for all eternity.

This beautiful fanart is just begging for a middle finger edit.

Except the part where Lapis was already trying stuff here and there were probably others before her. As long as the war exists gems will emerge who will seek a way to end it because that's the only logical thing to do for people who aren't autists happy with making clothes all day while waiting to get abducted and ground into dust for 500 years.

What's the point of repeating user's post?

Misread user's original post my bad.

Phos didn't fix anything, user. He just put everyone in danger and didn't gain anything in return except maybe getting Pad to wake up, which doesn't mean shit if they all die anyway. And they will die if the prince doesn't get what he wants and you know Phos isn't any closer to get it done.

>Taking action/defecting to the enemy and betraying your loved ones.
How hard is this to get across?

Letting Phos be useless for eternity would be pretty cruel.

This place is full of machine apologists what else do you expect, fight them by spreading the glory of our saviour LaPhos across the world

Shinsha was made to suffer. I just wish she didn't have to.

Phos, the token genki gem vs Phos, the bringer of end times and destroyer of gems. Pick one.

That's not a fair choice, considering how cute Phos was in her genki state.

Well, what else could Phos do? There is no option with a 100% chance of success and that doesn't harm the gems in some capacity (there is actually - for Sensei to just pray and get it over with, but we know that wouldn't just happen out of nowhere). This was pretty much her only choice other that doing nothing, and out of the two it is the best.
You're saying that Phos getting the gems killed (which isn't guaranteed, mind you) within a short timespan is somehow worse than prolonging it for thousands of years, but it really is not.

Genki Phos was best Phos.

The Machiavellian version of Phos is vastly superior to the genki version

>You're saying that Phos getting the gems killed (which isn't guaranteed, mind you) within a short timespan is somehow worse than prolonging it for thousands of years, but it really is not.

"I should be allowed to get people killed because they all die one day anyway". See the issue here?

In an ideal world Phos would get to either find something useful to do, or would find out about the super adaptive inclusions and somehow become useful that way without getting PTSD. Genki Phos is cute and seemingly innocent and all, but staying that way forever with no way to progress forward would become hell after a long enough time.

You're applying human perspective to this. To gems, continuing to live is continuing to suffer from the lunarians, having their partners get taken. Unlike humans, they don't have curiosity and care for the world around them, so there isn't really any meaning to their lives other than dealing with the constant threat of lunarians, and that is not a happy existence.

Red Diamond is cute cute CUTE

Lunarians have been trying new ways to make Sensei pray. Right now, they're targeting the gems whom Sensei cares for. What if one day they get bored of this idea, try some other way and not capture the gems anymore?

I suspect the Lunarian's final plan would probably be pretty extreme and not something that would be desirable for anyone involved in it

Token genki wasn't even true genki, that'd be Melon.

So what you're saying is that if Phos gets the gems killed that would be basically just euthanasia

>inb4 7th impact

yBoK?

>To gems, continuing to live is continuing to suffer from the lunarians
They sure suffer, but it's not like they think life's so hard they would prefer to die. I'm pretty sure most of them will stay with Sensei because if the alternative is to betray your loved ones, they will prefer to stay and fight even if it means they will continue suffering. They're not as different from humans as you think.