Darling in the FranXX

What exactly are the FranXX anyway? Genetically engineered klaxosaurs with human genes? Could this be related to the fact that they require two persons to pilot them? Say, the female being in contact with the dino-side, while the male with the human-side (or vice-versa)?

EP3PV: youtube.com/watch?v=7rwT3rGr9wM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oz0k60_Ky5M
my.mixtape.moe/xlnvbp.webm
twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/956453038457208833
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're completely mechanical from everything we've seen so far and the fact they can transform further cements this fact.

At best they could be running on a kyoryu heart as a power source since they can go into stampede mode if the pilot loses control.

Cute robot girls, who need a man to steer them.

Sexy robots powered by doggy style and pegging

>OST so good someone already ripped some of it online.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Oz0k60_Ky5M

Who's the composer for this show?

The OST is actually pretty by-the-numbers. I am sorry for your shit taste.

>I-I swear this show will do a 180 and the girls will stop prostituting themselves!
Is this the greatest degree of retardation?

It's just puritans and feminists. Feel free to ignore them.

Who has even said that?
Also no one have acted like a prostitute.

How smug will Zorome be when he finds out Hiro is the Pistil

LWA tumblrites need to believe in Trigger somehow

Would Dr. Franxx give Hiro and 02's relationship his blessings?

Did you read through the previous thread? There's plenty of people who want the set-up to be "subverted" as the story progresses.

Will zero-two be able to bring back his smile?

Definitely. Dr. FranXX is /ourguy/ and he can tell when two people are made for each other. Remember that he was the only one unphazed by Strelizia's transformation in episode one. And speaking of her,

>Strelitzia
>A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise.
>The bird of paradise represents faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness
>The 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple
>Freedom and the ability to travel, due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight (note similarities with the bird monologue in episode 1)
>Magnificence, excellence and success
>Joy through challenges and successes alike
>Faithfulness in romantic relationships
>Optimism towards the future

you have just received your threadly reminder

Absolute madmen.

Yes, it's those mythical Chinese birds.

Haven't seen anyone claim that the show will somehow get less sexual as it goes on.
And I doubt that anyone believes that the way the mechas are controlled will change in anyway. Even if I have seen people wishing for it, but that isn't the same thing as thinking it will happen.

>Ending shows characters in most generic modern urban environment, with rain, trees etc., but we know that this world is gone by the time of show events
I refuse to believe that there is no implications behind this.

What if this was a video game isekai, and they didn't know they were trapped? Klaxxsosaurs are actually adults trying to kill their children in game so they wake up in the real world.

This sort of alternative world ending is pretty typical. I doubt it has narrative importance.

I'm glad next episode we're getting to see the Franxx in combat.

From the OP, it seems like Strelitzia, Delphinium and Argentea are melee fighters while Genista and surprisingly Chlorophytum are ranged.

I didn't think Chloro's wings were gonna be guns, but that's what it seems like they do in the OP.

Did the VEGfag get banned?

>I didn't think Chloro's wings were gonna be guns
Orange parts seem to be the weapon, so it has focus on using legs. I'm sure Trigger is perfectly capable of making it look cool.

They looked like a melee weapon to me. But then again, I don't pay much attention to the OP (I usually skip it).

>blocked
Well, fuck you, too.

Just watch it on their twitter.

>what is a VPN
I’m sorry you couldn’t figure that out user.

Who's twitter?

Daily reminder that zerotwo only talks to hiro in a soft, cute, and caring voice while talking to everybody else with an emotionless and stern voice
my.mixtape.moe/xlnvbp.webm

What's Delphinium's Stampede form? A fox? A wolf?

>What exactly are the FranXX anyway?
Pic related

>steak
>sausage
>eggs
>tomatoes and broccoli
That's some breakfast for a little girl.

It is fitting but nothing amazing

The fuck is wrong with those carrots, user?

Now that the mods got rid of that VEG archivefag, is discussion allowed?

I'm only going to give this to you once user, learn how to Google in the future.
twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/956453038457208833

No

>prostituting themselves

I am betting that it will happen in episode 4, since that's storyboarded by Masayuki.

>I will never know the joy of falling in love with a part dinosaur girl that sits on my lap and calls me darling all the time, and also pilot robots together
I legitimately don't know what keeps me going

Is this show going to be Kiznaiver tier with the girl who likes him getting cucked to death?

>cucked

02 is no good for Hiro! Keep her away from him!

Oni bathes in honey.

KLK did the same thing for it's ED and it pretty much nothing came out of it.

There's a montage early in the OP showing all the teams with their Franxx doing some combat stuff in the background.
Chlorophytum's wings apparently become guns, though it does finish it's clip by kicking whatever it was shooting with the pointy legs. There's some effect afterwards, so maybe the legs also shoot shit out (similar to Strelitzia's lance)

There's nothing saying that they all have animal forms. That may be something unique that happens when 02 pilots alone.

Stop posting, Ichigo.

This isnt Ichigo! Its just someone who loves Hiro very much being concerned for him!

When I look at this little asshole, I get angry that he gets to be inside of her.

Goro pls

It is now faggot.

>Best girl gets cucked
oh no not again

But 02 is best girl

Remember user, not only is Mitsuru in Ikuno, he doesn't give a shit about her and just plows hard and fast without caring about the pain she's put through as he does it.

Goro is undisputed best bro.

BLOODY

Ignore /u/ and /y/ with their "subversion set up"

According to that one VEGfag, Sup Forums would agree with you.

>best girl gets cucked
I wonder what he meant by this.

I get at angry at her because she gets to feel him inside her.

He is, all he wants to do is help his friends. best boy

That's bad though.

>There's nothing saying that they all have animal forms.
Well, Chlorophytum sure does look like somekind of bird.

Oni had a hard life.

He looks like he's getting ready to fist her

I bet that's how she gets a charge up!
He has that whore soaking in the 2nd episode.

What the fuck is that foot?

02 is a gross monster, what's new?

>There's nothing saying that they all have animal forms.

The anime's site does.
However, the "stampede mode" as the elevens call it only comes out when the pilot loses control (died in Strelizia's case) and Oni is the only one to be able to pilot it.
If it ever comes to others assuming that form, they'd have to lose their partner and go full Eva berserk on anything in the vicinity, friend or foe.

002 is not gross T_T

Let me hear your theories/baseless speculation Sup Forums

>klaxosaurs are sentient and 02 will be able to communicate with them somehow
>klaxosaurs are man-made
>all of the Franxx pilot duos that survive will be happy couples in the end
>when Hiro and 02's relationship hits an emotional peak, Strelizia will animagically evolve into a stronger form, with bigger horns
>Goro actually is butthurt about Ichigo loving Hiro but their upbringing means he doesn't understand why, and he keeps his emotions in check so as to not make a fuss. Eventually he'll snap
>Zerome will redeem himself by dying to protect someone, probably Miku after he realizes how important she is to him.

>full Eva berserk on anything in the vicinity, friend or foe.
I just realized how good a comparison this is, she was even eating the Klaxx, like Unit 01 did to the Angel.

Just done rewatching the first two episodes.

Some notes:
>Hiro does badly because he hates the system. Same reason why he makes up names for the people around him.
>Strelizia is a brand new model adn this was her first run. The guy was strained running something else, so the girls can pilot more than one robot.
>Kyoryu was clearl going after the FranXXs. They must have something valuable to them inside the robots.
>Right after the first kiss, Ichigo's asking him to try it once more before getting hit by the 666 crew.

I think 002 will die.

The thing is that she was fully in control there. when it's not Oni at the helm, the thing could do much worse things.

>Oni is going to continue to rub it in ichigos face until she has a mind break and snaps inside the cockpick

>klaxosaurs are sentient and 02 will be able to communicate with them somehow
Baseless theory incoming, 02 was their first solution to dealing with the Klaxxosaurs, either she was an attempt to bridge the link and communicate or an attempt to make a better human who can fight klaxxosaurs. Ultimately the project failed and Dr franxx made the franxx using knowledge gained from those experiments. They all have dino blood in them, but in varying concentrations, lower the code, the purer the blood, hence why lower numbers are stronger.

I am going to rape Hiro and send the tape to 02!

Flower spammer has conditioned me to associate a lot of greentext with his spam in Franxx threads.

>The thing is that she was fully in control there.
Do we know she was in control? Wouldn't that mean she actually wanted to eat the Klaxxosaur?

So filter him. Still, at least he's not as bad as that VEG faggot.

Best girl

I just want Ichigo and Hiro to pilot together at least once more, 100% synced so he can regain his confidence in his piloting.

>Do we know she was in control?

Yes, as per the comments made by the guys in Ep2 "She's actually special in being able to control a FranXX alone, Hiro was only in for the ride."

Plus, the machine intentionally deflected the doomgun laser aimed at the facility with no real "primal" reason to do so.

>"She's actually special in being able to control a FranXX alone, Hiro was only in for the ride."
Which is the opposite of what 02 said, so taking the word people who have no way of knowing is questionable

At this point everything is questionable. We will know it for sure when we see them actually pilot together, which may or may not be as soon as the next episode. It's difficult to tell.

Mitsuru, stop.

They know she can pilot the thing alone and she does during the stampede mode. But seeing what state she's in afterwards, it still strains her and she defintely rode with Hiro for the final beatdown (stampede mode signifies a singular pilot, but Strelizia changed to its human form).

>mythical Chinese birds
>purges internally

Doesn't need to be Ichigo.

>stampede mode

You mean berserk?

This whole show is an EVA parody. High level trolling.

>This whole show is an EVA parody.

Are you ready for the subversion?

Magmatic fuel is the Klaxosaurs/their cores. If its the same yellow stuff that was in Strelizia's tubing then it might be the same stuff in their cores. Klaxosaurs are innocent creatures just trying to defend themselves.

Alternatively Klaxosaurs are the planet's self defense mechanism since we're killing it.

Or they come from a rift in the ocean connected to a facility where they are constructed

He derailed and got a VEG thread pruned before bump limit too. He was indifferent. Truly we didn't deserve him.
You seem pretty obsessed with calling him a vegfag though, are you okay?

>EVA parody
>Protagonist is eager to get in the fucking robot
>Red main heroine is all over him instead of bullying him
>Mecha works on some tampering with human minds and emotions but here it uses healthiest hetero relationship and not wrong degenerate Freudian crap
It this, dare I say it, EVA deconstruction?

I'm pretty sure the manga said they come out of the Earth's crust.