youtube.com/watch?v=-kb4XIFSwOU
youtube.com/watch?v=bSxue8sYjCg
youtu.be/N1PRAmU9gLk
youtube.com/watch?v=HgwcI0FOpvY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgDNF9wHZg
youtube.com/watch?v=lmS_cz4k6c4
youtube.com/watch?v=fxDRWOpEAzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Had the first 10 or so episodes as a kid so that's all I've seen. The rest just got released and subbed in the west so i'll get around to watching it soon.

he's a demon on wheels

and he's chasing after someone

old ass shit

literally my dad's anime

So americanized it might as well be on Sup Forums, like The Big O.

God tier OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHExprbw198

Here he comes

I love the original show and the live action film

Too bad nothing recent has happened except this abomination.
youtube.com/watch?v=HKHopzmwxEs

Live Action version is underrated as fuck. No comment on the link you posted.

That golden red train.

Trixie a qt

Kaze mo furueru heapin kaabu

>$20 for the entire series on bluray
I don't normally buy anime but it just seems like a good deal.

I respect it but the anime club don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=-kb4XIFSwOU

youtube.com/watch?v=bSxue8sYjCg

One of the Blu-rays is english only.

beautiful

I thought it was like 1000 bucks
Someone made a thread with an amazon link complaining about it a year or two ago

Yep and it just so happens it's the only set available separately from the collectors edition.

And I'm pretty sure the collector's edition is the one that has the subtitled version.

> Have to buy this fucking thing if you want Mach Go Go Go and the remake.

Huh. I didn't know that the 1997 series came with it too.

what makes it worse is they falsely advertised the other blu-ray set having japanese audio.

HE'S GOING OVER THAT CLIFF

kowaimonokato
GO GO GO

Allegedly that was a printing error, but I really got the impression that both versions might have originally been planned to be on the set and nobody actually informed the printers of the change.

Had the best anime to live action adaption of all time

mahha GOGO
mahha GOGO
mahha GOGO GOOOO

Yeah, watched the whole series with me as a kid. It was pretty neat if I remember correctly.

x3

>TFW the X3 would be a self-driving car if a speed Racer series was made today by Koike in the style of Redline

AAAAAAAAAA

Looking back on this now, a lot of people died in this holy shit. I don't think there has ever been a race sequence where a car didn't jump off a cliff or exploded.

They also beat the shit outta everyone almost all the time (Fuck, why wasn't Speed in TvC?).
Also, didn't Tatsunoko said they were making a new speed racer series? Or is the poo in loo one?

Don't forget the race through an active volcano that had only two people finish with the rest of the survivors trapped underground for all eternity.

Or the Alpine Rally. Or fuck it, even the race from the first two episodes had people dying horribly. Also goddamn I'd kill to try and make an arcade racer-styled game out of the series.

It's the poo in loo one unfortunately.

>new speed racer series
Never heard anything about that. The only recent series I can remember was that shitty one about their kids.

I have to say though, the one death that really got to me was when they were racing in the Amazon and that one guy getting eaten by piranhas, really stuck with me for some reason. It wasn't even that explicit.

Sadly, it's this thing.

> The uploader has not made this video available in you country
Well fuck you too, and let me guess its all gonna be flash animation.

Took me 20 years to realize it's not a Western cartoon

youtu.be/N1PRAmU9gLk
Fucking Pajeets

I know I shouldn't expect anything from them, but I'm still mad about this.

I liked it better when it was called Mach GoGoGo!

>X3

Looks more like εx in the screencap.

>the poo in loo one

?

>My dad call virtually every anime I've ever watched "Pokymans with that guy Ash?"
>The one time I bring Speed Racer, he actually calls it an anime and says he didn't even know it was one

SPEED, HIT THE BRAKES

You'd be forgiven for thinking that given for 30 years it was treated like one
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgDNF9wHZg

also this whole episode

Cartoon Network sure has fallen.

it was my first ever anime and i love it purely due to nostalgia

That is one hell of a nostalgia blast right there.

Dexter had some great parodies.

Old CN aired goddamn Vampire Hunter D and Robot Carnival
youtube.com/watch?v=lmS_cz4k6c4
What the fuck happened to them?

Tumblr took over.

>all this speed racer love
Today was a nice day

I'm pretty sure that was SciFi, but the idea remains the same.

God, I wish Cartoon Network still made these kind of bumpers. They were legitimately hilarious.

I liked it better when it was called Future GPX Cyber Formula.

This is nice, but I gotta admit it's been kinda weird.

I hate how it's treated like western cartoon...

It was a different era, one where you could use the word "Japanime" without a trace of irony.

Cyber Formula was only like Speed Racer in the first half of the original TV series. By the time of the OVAs it became it's own thing IMO, which was Gundam with cars. Right down to the motherfucking Bio-Computers, Psycommu & Psycho-Frames.

Considering it was only popular in America, it doesn't surprise me.

Fugg, i remember watching VHD on CN. Also remember watching lotsa Speed Racer on CN back in the day. Fond memories...

My mom had a crush on speed racer.
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=fxDRWOpEAzA

Me and my sister really liked that movie when it came out. My sister even bought the DVD. Any time I mentioned that to anyone, they just gave me this blank stare like they didn't know if I was joking or actually retarded, but lately I've been seeing some love for it online. Did it just have a cult following that became more vocal recently, or what?

It's even worse than I could have ever imagined.

I love the live action movie.

Instead of shying away from the goofiness of the show and making a "realistic dark movie" it embraced it. It went all full blown cartoon. It is an unique movie, underrated af

Yeah, that's what I love about it too. I feel that most Hollywood adaptations of games and anime end up being so bad because they see the source material and think: "this is stupid, so let's make it cool for American audiences" and then it's painful to watch because it's obvious that they were trying too hard. But with this one, it looks more like they looked at the source material and through "this is stupid, but we can top that". It's such a fun movie but at the same time it's also so fucking satisfying when the good guys win. I've never not had fun watching it.

A lot of folks didn't bother seeing it when it came out, probably due to the prejudices against movies of it's kind at the time.

Now you've got a new group of folks discovering it through showing on television or streaming.

I own the entire series on DVD, but haven't watched it yet.

You should get to it. Its a pretty good show. After that, watch the live action movie then watch Speed Racer the next generation.

Reading through the thread, I had to check something
Dammit. Looks like it's English-only Damn you, Funimation!

Honestly, I don't mind it being English only considering the edits made to Speed Racer from Mach Go Go Go. I just want them to release a standalone set so I don't have to put down 300 dollars on a keychain and ugly display/bust.

The movie was so cool, I mean I'm pretty sure it has to be literally seizure inducing in at least one person, but it was cool. I liked Speed's character, and the general theme amd message of the movie as well.
The races were all pretty well done too, good memorable scenes like when he was driving up the side of the mountain cliff, and the final stretch of the last race.
Of course, can't forget to mention the special effects, the ice was cool as fuck with the colors.

Really sad how it was so bashed honestly, why the fuck were critics and stuff so hard on it at the time, especially since now you have people saying "oh yeah it was actually good after all, our bad"

Probably because it was perfectly fine with being a cartoony movie and it wasn't edgy like a certain Dark Knight that had a movie that very same year.

anime stopped being cool and overall CN doesnt even make new content anymore.
>tfw the last thing CN airs is a flinstones episode
Would be literally crying in pain.

>dad doesn't know what anime is
It should be pretty obvious considering how he got married to a real woman and not a 2D waifu and you were born.

I dont think it would be different if it was released today.
Critics are a bunch of assholes.

Y'all my niggas. I loved the movie from day one. I have a friend who's a hardcore Speed Racer fan and hates the movie, but I love every bit of it, the music, the colours, the flashiness, the characters, that family vibe the original had, it's my 10/10 best adaptation to real life made by a country outside of Japan, and far better than plenty of japs adaptations too.

that's how road racing in the 50's/60's the show was trying to emulate was like.

Rewatching some of the movie now, all of these scenes with his little brother are shit. Honestly if there is a flaw it's that at times the movie is just super dark and at other times it's just super childish. It's not really at a point where they mesh together. There's like scenes with his brother and the monkey fucking around and then not even 5 minutes later there's a completely serious shootout scene with crime bosses and the asian guy beat up and about to get tortured.

Yeah I can honestly see why this movie didn't really get too popular, it's at a middle ground where it's visual presentation and acting is way too cartoony for adults, but most of the subject matter and writing is pretty fucking adult for kids. Then assuming a kid does get behind all the corporate drama, shareholder and corporate takeover talk going on somehow, which is the main meat of the story by the way, then there's all the timeline switches and cuts which can get confusing for anyone.

The races are damn exciting though. Can't even take a screenshot because everything is in so much motion all the time anything I take just comes out as a blur.

Speed Racist is better.

iirc the mangaka was a huge westaboo anyway

What you described was basically what the old anime was about, zany shit mixed in with some serious situations, hence why I liked the live action movie a lot.