So is this done? I know the last chapter was titled "Conclusion" but I mean it didn't feel like an ending at all...

So is this done? I know the last chapter was titled "Conclusion" but I mean it didn't feel like an ending at all. No "hey guys thanks for sticking with me for over 1000 fucking chapters" or anything. Is he taking a break or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/1hs2M#HBM2ubQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, it's at least going to chapter 1209

It's ending soon that's for sure.

either a break of ending, apparently his health has been bad recently and you know, he has been drawing this thing for 29 years

There's been a couple more chapters I haven't seen translated yet. Up to 1208 I think. I'm hoping it's a break and a temporary retirement for Ippo, because I really can't comprehend him just ending it here.I didn't read this for 10 years for none of the stories to be finished

The two main thing that happen in 1208are Ippo accidentally grabbing one of Kumi's tits and saying he's retiring to Kamogawa. 1209 onwards is probably going to be a post-timeskip epilogue

Time skip seems to be garanteed at least.

It's over. Thanks to global warming the CO2 levels in the air are too high and it's no longer possible for George to reach the oxygen levels necessary to draw the comic.

last chapter revealed he definitely doesn't have brain damage but it could be dangerous to continue fighting.

He literally lost because he's a retard.

it's just shit storytelling desu

there's no way this comic is ending.

My dad works for Hajime no Ippo, it's not ending yet at least another 1000 more chapters.

What happened this time?

Ippo gets a CTE scan, and while he's not fully punch drunk, he is showing some symptoms, and continuing to box would be really risky for him. Then he goes to the gym, tells Kamogawa he's retiring, Takamura says bye, chapter ends with Ippo doing the leaf chapter exercise from the start of the manga. There's also a statement saying it'll continue to the next issue, so the manga isn't completely over yet.

In any other comic I'd guess a timeskip was in the cards but almost the only thing that has changed in Ippo has been replacing Geromichi with Itagaki and Umezawa becoming a comic artist, so who knows

not true he shows no symptoms. the doctor comments on how he saw his match and if he continues fighting there could be some damage.

Hajime no Itagaki. Get hype.

Did Takamura win his match?

Is Kojima best boy for making Ippo punch drunk?

Not even a contest. He literally Saitama'd the guy.

it’s kind of depressing that in the end Ippo is barely even a world class fighter, and that he’s nowhere near elite status, and his body broke down before he could ever even fight the best

I thought he was supposed to die.

Kozuu, i got another comeback lined up for ya'

Who, Takamura? Hell no. The guy he was fighting did know that Taka can't see wide lefts, but he tanked his punch and put him down with a single hook. So yeah, his blind spot is aknowledged but it doesn't really matter.

Top 5 in the world is nothing to scoff at, user.

To be fair it's realistic considering the way Ippo fought all of his battles. Now it kinda breaking the theme of becoming netter yourself blabla but I'm sure Morikawa has a some sort of plan.

Kumi finally slept with Ippo and admitted she loves him.

Ippo's gonna a do a Date and stage a comeback once his mid-life crisis kicks in.

Martinez is still champ.

So I'm planning to read this manga soon because I want to have fun with the oxygen meme. Is it actually good?

Oxygen shit only comes up in one chapter.
But yeah, it's very good, until the point where Ippo becomes OPBF champ. Then it becomes the shit you see now.

this is where it went to shit, right?

Why doesnt he just get more oxygen in his brain?

scans of 1209:
imgur.com/a/1hs2M#HBM2ubQ

he has no brain damage. his body is healthy. this is all an excuse for him to reset the characters via timeskip and make him have vulnerabilities coming forward.

y'all need to stop making shit up and realize this is all just shitty writing from a shitty author thats bored af from doing the same shit for almost 30 years.

>verdict: there's nothing wrong with you, your boxing style is just retarded; fix that shit and you can return to boxing
>no thanks, there's nothing I want more than to take over my family business and be a nobody
10/10 resolution there.

Yeah, the ten year thing is too specific to be thrown in.

lmao exactly this just fuckin sucks for us long time fans but whatever fuck this

So Ippo isn't punch drunk, will fuck Kumi and recover for a while, then pull a Date years later and abandon his retarded style of boxing? OK, but this was needlessly dragged out.

>Title literally said Hajime no Ippo
>This is just a prologue, first journey of Ippo in life before becoming professional fisherman.

That's definitely the impression I got from the last chapter.

He never becomes the OPBF Champion.