Devilman Crybaby

It's been out for a while now, and it blew my mind away because of how good it turned out to be. Great soundtracks too. I don't think I've had so much fun watching an anime before.

What about you, Sup Forums? Did you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

qmanga.com/french-manga/360097/reader?page=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Filthy crossboarder newfag scum, leave.

NOT ON MY WATCH

Is good

Fuck off

anime website

MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN

ARE WA DARE DA DARE DA DARE DA DEBIRU DEBIRU DEBIRUMAN

HUMAN

Based Netflix saving anime

I loved it but come on, if this is the only anime you've had a lot of fun watching then you're clearly doing something wrong user.

I just can't enjoy most anime anymore.

Then stop watching it. Your statement was along the lines of the fact that you haven't enjoyed watching an anime this much before, implying you've never had this much fun watching an anime before. That's just a bit sad. I think you should find a different hobby.

I loved it and as a mangafag I really liked that they enjoyed stuff and didn't just add motion and sound to the manga. It made it interesting to watch instead of knowing everything that will happen.
Also crybaby ending > manga ending

>crybaby ending > manga ending

fuck no, the ending in crybaby was too short and it skipped almost everything. they should've added 1 or 2 more episodes.

that they added stuff*

>Also crybaby ending > manga ending
nice lie

>the ending in crybaby was too short
As opposed to the manga that skipped everything from miki's death until satan talking to a dying akira? We didn't get to see humanity last momements nor did we get to see the showdown between Devilmen and demons.

> We didn't get to see humanity last momements nor did we get to see the showdown between Devilmen and demons.

there's a sequel to the manga... Devilman Lady.

We aren't talking about the sequel though

I liked it but I see so many faggots like you loving the series that I can barely resist to shitpost.

If you want to know what happened to humans, why God is resetting Earth and Satan's memories, what happened to devils and demons, then go read Devilman Lady instead of crying about it

You are missing the point idiot, I'm talking about the last moments of humanity in Devilman and the showdown between devilmen and demons in devilman story. I don't care about what happens after the events of devilman.
>why God is resetting Earth and Satan's memories
Don't care, it was never a subplot of devilman.

>Don't care, it was never a subplot of devilman.
Yes it was, you fucking retard.

>I'm talking about the last moments of humanity in Devilman and the showdown between devilmen and demons in devilman story
It was shown in the original manga and it was explained entirely in full details in the sequel "Devilman Lady".

>Yes it was, you fucking retard.
No it wasn't, they never once said in devilman that god was resetting the earth nor that he was the cause for Ryou amnesia.

>It was shown in the original manga
Ebin, you consider that the few pages with the narrator bubbles to tell what happened "shown"? At best you can consider it a teaser.

>in the sequel "Devilman Lady".
And again, irrelevant, we are comparing the endings of devilman and crybaby. The simple fact that you use the sequel as an argument to defend the ending shows that the ending was lacking.

I'm not going to explain to you what a cliffhanger or sequel is, you fucking retard. If you're not trolling, visit a shrink.

>The ending was a cliffhanger
Do you know what a tragedy is?

>nor did we get to see the showdown between Devilmen and demons.
What the fuck is this then?

>cliffhanger
HAHAHAHAHAHA you actually think that Devilman ended like that because Nagai was thinking about a sequel?
Please do tell me why the sequel and the manga are almost 30 years apart if a sequel was in preparation when the manga ended?
Also what that user said>What the fuck is this then?
Something not in devilman.

>Something not in devilman.
Wrong. I have a copy of Devilman sitting in front of me at the moment. These pages are in it.

Weird, they are missing from the scans I have.
Are they enhanced editions or something?

This is the edition I have. Look at the ending and tell me if it's not superior to Crybaby's.

qmanga.com/french-manga/360097/reader?page=5

Can't access the website. Is it a sekrit club?

Also Neo Devilman. An entire story by Go Nagai dedicated to the final battle.

No. I can access it fine.

yes, you need 90 IQ or more

But that's neo devilman, we are talking about devilman not it's spin-offs or sequels.

it's not a spin off

a sequel is the aftermath, you retard. stop shitposting and kill yourself

Parts of that chapter's already integrated in a later edition of Devilman, so your argument is invalid.

babby's first tragedy. It's good or boarderline good, not great.
>Characters do things totally uncharacteristic to them (which is easy to prevent since it's only a 10 episode show)
>some scenes are completely pointless (not filler-pointless, main story arc but doesnt amount to anything-pointless)
>"You're crying too!" can be said much easier without forced symbolism
>inconsistencies make it clear this was rushed

I'm not trying to have a stick up my ass, I enjoy fun/dumb anime but this clearly tried to be more than that while not putting in the proper care. Soundtrack and visuals were cool though.

>a sequel is the aftermath, you retard. stop shitposting and kill yourself
A sequel is also a DIFFERENT WORK. We are comparing 1 work to its adaptation, crybaby isn't an adaptation of devilman lady therefore devilman lady has nothing to do in the comparison.
Is it really that hard to understand?

>crybaby isn't an adaptation of devilman lady
That's where you're wrong. Miko Kuroda clearly took clues from Aoi Kurosaki from Lady.

>Miko Kuroda clearly took clues from Aoi Kurosaki from Lady.
And they are?

>babby's first tragedy.
adaptation of a kid's manga

femdom lesbian

It was sooo good .. when’s the second season coming ??

I honestly doubt that devilman was targeted for kids.
Especially considering how puritan 70s japan was.

Those pages weren't in the original manga. They were added in the complete edition.

>They were added in the complete edition.
There's no such thing as a complete edition.

>I honestly doubt that devilman was targeted for kids.
That's where you're wrong. It ran in Weekly Shounen Magazine, where you had other manga like Cyborg 009 running.

is Sup Forums the new Sup Forums?
we've had this exact thread at least 5 times now

RIP

1960s
Chikai no Makyū (1961-1962, Tetsuya Chiba, Kazuya Fukumoto)
Rainbow Sentai Robin (1963, Shotaro Ishinomori)
Eightman (1963–1966, Kazumasa Hirai, Jiro Kuwata)
Shiden-kai no Taka (1963–1965, Tetsuya Chiba)
W3 (1965)
Haris no Kaze (1965-1967, Tetsuya Chiba)
Cyborg 009 (1966, Shotaro Ishinomori) *only episode 2
Kyojin no Hoshi (1966–1971, Ikki Kajiwara, Noboru Kawasaki)
Tensai Bakabon (1967–1976, Fujio Akatsuka)
Ashita no Joe (1968–1973, Asao Takamori, Tetsuya Chiba)

1970s
Skull Man (1970, Shotaro Ishinomori)
Kamen Rider (1971, Shotaro Ishinomori)
Karate Baka Ichidai (1971–1977, Ikki Kajiwara, Jiro Tsunoda, Jouya Kagemaru)
Tiger Mask (1971, Ikki Kajiwara, Naoki Tsuji)
Ai to Makoto (1972-1976, Ikki Kajiwara, Takumi Nagayasu)
Devilman (1972–1973, Go Nagai)
Yakyū-kyō no Uta (1972-1976, Shinji Mizushima)
Tsurikichi Sanpei (1973–1983, Takao Yaguchi)
Ore wa Teppei (1973-1980, Tetsuya Chiba)
Violence Jack (1973–1974, Go Nagai)
Iyahaya Nantomo (1974-1976, Go Nagai)
The Three-Eyed One (1974–1978, Osamu Tezuka)
Shutendoji (1976-1978, Go Nagai)
Queen Emeraldas (1978-1979, Leiji Matsumoto)
Shōnen Jidai (1978–1979, Fujiko Fujio A.)
Susano Oh (1979-1981, Go Nagai)

I think his point is that they were retroactively added in. It’s like waiting years and then Yuasa just adds in stuff to Crybaby.

>reading right to left
Fuck off

Anyone has that pic where EVA ripped off devilman's last scene?

EVA did it better. Kaworu was more likeable than Ryo.

>EVA did it better

How did he die?
I didn't get it, I only saw his hand

Top 10 anime betrayals

He was killed at the Sabbath party.

They went to the Black Sabbath, they both got possessed by demons (girl became a spider devil, idk about the rapper), I think the rapper became a devilman too. Anyway, you know how female spiders eat or kill the male spiders after they've fucked? Basically, she killed him after they had sex.

Didn't she like him? She didn't even cry about him

I'm most impressed with how well the OST, artstyle and animation complimented each other. Meme all you want about Yuasa but he managed to make the anime in such a aesthetically pleasing way that it made me feel like watching the next episode right away just to see more of it.

Well, that's what female spiders do. They kill or eat the male after having sex with them. You know the scene when she gets raped by that old fuck? She killed him in the same way too.

>no shota vore doujin of taro and his mother

Why even live, bros?

Be the change you wish to see in the world

That's just a theory. There is o evidence she killed him.

There are no Crybaby doujins at all

>blew my mind away because of how good it turned out to be
it was mediocre at best
solid 6/10
not kino

>I don't think I've had so much fun watching an anime before.
Watch more anime.

yeah watch more anime like lucky star bro

Why is James May there?

One is being made. You can check it out on /y/

It's the best anime ever made 10/10

This. I mean it was a fun ride, but you gotta open your heart to more user. Maybe you are closed off and only like one type of anime that fits a specific quota?

As much as the sequel is interesting, these threads keep getting derailed by it . I think we should create one where the sequels are not allowed in the discussion.

>good it turned out to be
>fun
How many anime have you seen? The 10 titles available on Netflix? Here's what I think: It was animated in flash, literally a step downwards for anime, even taking into account Yuasa's style. Repetitive, cheap animation with too many inbetweens, flat and lifeless like that of a Western Sup Forums-tier cartoon, with gradient filters added here and there to add a semblance of depth. Pic related, what the fuck is this, a youtube video, or a clip from Newgrounds? If you saw the majority of this show without knowing its source nor that it was anime, you'd assume it were a Western flash cartoon. There is nothing reminiscent of Yuasa left in the finished product. The narrative itself is rushed and undeveloped, clearly indication 10 episodes is too little. Characters flip flop on a dime. It ends up amounting to cheap melodrama when it's a gorefest with tits here and there and then stops for a minute or two for Akira to wallow in a pretense of sorrow then continues. And tits is all it shows, because everything else is censored or only implied. I regret watching this garbage, and I worry even more about Netflix ruining anime for good.

This is the newer edition. The older classic original didn't have as much stuff like this. That's part of the problem.

I know, I am so surprised people didn't dig it as much as me. I was wanting to bathe in the aesthetic. I just wish they had a few more operatic + synth +horror music songs than they did, but it's okay.

Has Crybaby made anyone else unable to enjoy anime anymore? I think it's the pinnacle.

>i don't know the reference of the red sea it's from the apocalypse of the bible
>or the multiples wings from angel lucybell

This is pasta now isn't it?

Nice falseflag

Don’t reply to bait

The animation reminds me a lot of Durarara , where it kind of feels more like a visual novel in terms of aesthetic, then gets really awesome animation between those bits. I don't mind that, though.

I don't know if I like this or dislike this picture. I kind of like the idea of manga Miki and Ryo having a little fling; would make a cool fanfic. Crybaby I don't feel like it would work at all.

Sorry user that's a dog.

>Frame by frame rip-off
>IT'S NOT I SWEAR

It's interesting the difference in experience though. Manga Ryo you don't really see anything coming til later in the story.....Crybaby it's like , you know , or rather feel, that Ryo cannot be completely trusted. Just can't put your finger on why. It's all foreshadowed with Miki's 'don't go with him !' line at the start.

gosh dang it. Lol I don't know much about Violence Jack. I did see a really weird bizzare made me freaked out picture of Ryo and Miki as nubs on leashes....Do you have it? I may have it somewhere.

It's my own pasta, and my opinion hasn't changed.

Ryo also took drugs to cope so his eyes were drawn differently to showcase that. Unlike Crybaby Ryo.

Even when the signs were there for manga you could easily assume its his breakdown getting worse.

Dog people. Dog people. Walk like dogs, don't speak like people!

This is how you know this guy has some weird fetishes.

Yes Satan has weird ways to punish himself.

Just watched it.

Were the final episodes actually trying to invoke the final episodes and End of Evangelion, or was it just Manga accurate?

manga accurate, except they changed the dialogue.

A loose adaptation that follows most of the same beats.

I can tell you right now the Devilmen holed up in mans final base suffered some bad shit at the mad scientist hands.

I think my expectations were too high, it was pretty damn good, but it dropped the ball a few too many times for my liking. Particularly with Ryo.

The last episode was a bit of a mess, but at least it was enjoyable.