Houseki no Kuni

Reminder that forcing a new type of intelligence to live like humans instead of finding their own identity only leads to suffering.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jqsmo-O7HQU
youtu.be/NbQu17_zF9w
youtu.be/e7zyF2QJ1BA
youtube.com/watch?v=dchx-Pp0jwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hUjUhZ1Yy7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DLAvHLQGOco
youtube.com/watch?v=fuRkAo63hyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's why he's stepping down to let Phos lead the way. Gems are for gems now.

>implying they will follow Phos.

>Captain Phosphor: Civil War

they will go to the moon to reunite with the gems that went with her, and to kick Phos' ass. The few that have no reason to go will follow their elders either way because they wouldn't be able to surive on their own.
when there, they will learn about Phos' true motives
Maybe they won't all agree with her, but I doubt we'll get a civil war

I think most of the gems on Earth will choose to stay with Sensei. He didn't say "go with Phos," He just said that was one possibility. Most of them won't leave him, I think.

I like that it implies that even the Gems betraying him won't move him

what if shinshya was secretly the mastermind behind EVERYTHING, pulling the strings with her fleshy slug buddies

People keep saying there was a part in the manga when Sensei was tempted to pray but help back?
I don't remember it though, when did it happen?

This was obvious since the very beginning. Phos just way to retarded.

You telling me if you were reborn as a shapeless sentient gem stone you would not want to be carved into a hot forever young teen girl?

what are you gay?

>You will never caress Dia's butt
why live

Is that the commander fron Nier?

>Completely missed out of the fact that Sensei might have been referring to the human particle
What else am I missing?

> electrons
> muons
> protons
> gluons
> humons?
Help me out guys I don't have a doctorate in particle physics to understand this story.

I'm debating not reading anymore and waiting for it to finish. I can't image the pain of waiting 1 month for the FINAL chapter.
But then I'll miss out on all the HnK threads

I think Im finally starting to feel sick from obsessing over this anime. Every time I think about it now I just feel awful

Thank god, I'm not the only one
>Anime
Manga fucked me over though, anime left me feeling hopeful for the future

Manga, anime, I just mean the whole thing. I think I'm way too invested in completely fictional characters and it's taking a toll on my health.

I like it a lot and that's the problem.

Post music you listened to while reading the manga!

youtube.com/watch?v=Jqsmo-O7HQU

It's even worse because along with all the investment in the story and characters, I'm also so invested in Phos making Shinsha happy
It's sorta like having something you love held hostage
Ichikawa can just decide "Fuck you" and make the most miserable ending and I it would hurt me so much and I'm scared she will

Nice taste. I prefer my stuff more melodic; I listen to iamamiwhoami when I read the manga.

A friend told me this song reminds him a lot of Phos, what does Sup Forums think?
youtu.be/NbQu17_zF9w

It's worth it imo. There's a lot of discussion and speculation that can't really be done until you're caught up.
The pain of waiting is real though. Fill the void by hoarding images of Genki Phos.

y-you don't listen to this during the suffering chapter do you? This would be a horrible song for cracking gems.

Oh hell no, thats not my style. I listen to stuff more like this:
youtu.be/e7zyF2QJ1BA

How do you manage what to listen to based on the chapter if you don't know what going to happen?
I like to put an album that fits the mood and let it run, when it syncs up with the manga it's probably the most organic experience you can get from media.
The music bleeds into the chapter so you can hear it everytime you read it, and the chapter bleeds into the music so you can feel the emotions when you listen to it
Like when I listened to Satori by Flower Traveling Band while reading Ichi the Killer

We should have threads where we recommends Album/Manga combinations

I feel you there. I just want them all to be happy at this point, but I have nothing to do with that.

I think that's part of why I'm feeling sick. I want to have those kinds of strong feelings about real people. I want to fall in love with them.

I like to listen to stuff like this when I know things are about to get heavy.
youtube.com/watch?v=dchx-Pp0jwQ

Vote for Euclase to save your favorite gem's future.

I personally listen to ambient soundscapes. For Houseki no Kuni I usually listened to stuff like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=hUjUhZ1Yy7Y

It's neutral so it works during dark and happy moments. But of course the downside is you don't get that organic experience of having the music sync up with the manga you're talking about.

God, I want to FUCK the Commander until she crushes my pelvis and I somehow impregnate her nonexistent robowomb

Phos' PTSD iirc
might be wrong

After Phos' literal breakdown when shes talking to Carnivore, and mentions how painful it must be for him to have lost both Lapis and Ghost, he says its painful, and it cuts to sensei unable to put his hands together as Crimgore says he's tired of praying

I want to absorb all of Yellow Diamond's sadness so she doesn't have to feel it anymore.

Me too, user. She doesn't deserve her suffering.

Yellow without sadness/suffering would just become an empty shell.

Paprika doesn't deserve to suffer either.

Did the mangaka plan everything or is this kuboitis?

That implies the moonies would bother to come back to earth now that they're in some kind of truce, when they had Phos they hadn't shown up for a while.

Sensei's solution isn't a solution because moon people won't come back and unless Phos is with them the gems would have to somehow negotiate which I think only Euclase and Jade (who we would assume are opposed to going to the moon) are capable of attempting and all the others are retarded in various ways.

>it was obvious from the beginning
>ergo phos is retarded

Or maybe it was obvious to us as readers because the story is nowhere near finished

Whenever I stop reading a manga and fall behind and then it suddenly wraps up I always lose the will to finish it even if I don't get spoiled. Having something new to read each month is bretty good.

the androids are only suffering because they cant touch humans

you have to go back

It was obvious because Sensei's seen a lot of his precious gems get taken away and he knew they would never come back yet he still didn't pray (or whatever the prince actually wants him to do).

Phos should have known this and I think deep down he knew. But still went with this stupid plan because he's too damn self-centered and was too obsessed about confirming his suspicions.

How do we make all three species happy without eliminating any of them?

>Help the Lunarians find something to do, so they can find meaning to their existance.
>Bring all the ocean people back to the ocean.
>Collect all the gem dust and give it back to the gems on Earth so they can have fun putting them together for the next millennia.

But what can the Lunariana do anymore? They are already in utopia, there is nothing more they can get

Anduroids....

Get Shinsha to spray them with poison each time they regenerate, problem solved.

He stopped praying before the gems were born. I don't see how removing them would change a thing.

>Phos is the only one whose butt is emphasized among the three
What did the artist mean by this?

He grew attached to the gems a lot, so the lunarians supposed removing them would cause him psychological pain and get him back to work. Clearly that's not the case though, and whatever reason he has to not pray he puts above his care for gems.

Tumblr please go
Go outside

Yet he puts the well being of the gems above him as well. The life of sensei been nothing but suffering and loneliness.

>Clearly that's not the case though, and whatever reason he has to not pray he puts above his care for gems.
That or there's some sort of caveat that doesn't allow Sensei to do it and it's on the Lunarians to fulfill/discover just that.

He almost put his hands together in a praying gesture.

is phos the baddy

Also here, but now the hands are shaking.

How can you be bad when you look this good?

>gem butts
>slug boobs
>"kill me"

He didn't force them, and Flourite would've died without assistance.
Plenty of animals live in caves, that doesn't make them human.

If you've read Ichikawa's other works you'd know it's very unlikely to end well.

youtube.com/watch?v=DLAvHLQGOco
Commander did nothing wrong.

He taught them human culture and dressed them in human clothes.
Admittedly, the request to wear powder (or at least look like Sensei) did come from Red Diamond herself.

Phos did nothing wrong.

how do you go from this...

To this?

Yes, you are correct, Phos did nothing wrong. But the one who used to be Phos surely did.

Wanting them to have the same luxuries he has does not make Sensei a condescending imperialist. He never forced them to wear clothes or follow human ways, he only prevented them from developing technology. The present-day gems clearly have their own standards as to how a gem should act (hence their annoyance with Phos, which Sensei doesn't share).

Well, that's true. They also have some vestigial human habits which Sensei didn't teach them (crying, for example).

How did Sensei prevent them developing technology? Red Beryl is constantly developing better fabrics, and I don't think swords break enough for Obsidian to have so many at his desk.

Cute !

It is, indeed.

>I don't think swords break enough for Obsidian to have so many at his desk.
They hold swordfight tournaments every year in which swords break a lot, we haven't been shown yet cause there was no need to show us gems fighting each other, but now that possibility might come so they'll show us
Bort won every tournament

Gems could've already develop metallurgy, perhaps even electricity, then made machines. Sensei doesn't want them to, as he fears they'll realize what he is or he doesn't want them to go down the same path humans did.

>Gems could've already develop metallurgy, perhaps even electricity, then made machines
Do you realize that most of human technology, basically all of the primary ones, were developed due to biological needs?
Needs that gems don't have.

Wouldn't it be more productive for gems to have metal swords that don't break every fight, or at least long-ranged weaponry like bows to not put themselves at risk of shattering in cqc?

Especially since they have a benevolent robot protecting them. (Well, except when he's asleep.) There's little need for them to learn how to do certain things themselves.

>Wouldn't it be more productive for gems to have metal swords that don't break every fight?
For what we've seen so far, their swords don't break that often.
>or at least long-ranged weaponry like bows to not put themselves at risk of shattering in cqc?
Everytime they've been shattered, it was due to Lunarians arrows, so it's not cqc that puts them at risk of shattering, on the contrary, getting close to an enemy who only uses bows and arrows is actually the best solutions, because you impair their ability to attack you.
Cqc is actually the best option for gems.

Then why don't they have shields? They wouldn't limit the mobility too much and would be much more effective at blocking arrows than thin, easy-to-shatter swords.

The Lunarians would probably destroy any military outbuildings like furnaces. I'm surprised they haven't destroyed the school.
Sensei hasn't actively discouraged experimentation. The way things are right now, he doesn't need to. The gems are accustomed to learning new stuff only from him and only when he deems it necessary. Also, they don't have enough materials to experiment with.

I don't think they have enough wood or other fuel sources to really develop anything. The trees look dead and I don't see any coal laying around. Do they even have fire? Their artificial lights are jellyfish, after all.

>The trees look dead
Every time we saw trees it was late autumn or early winter already, of course they would have shed all their leaves by that time, so we can't necessarily conclude they are dead.
I don't disagree about the lack of resources though.

Seeing how they're perfectly capable to stop arrows with their sword(which, again, we're shown are not so easy-to-shatter as you claim them to be), so adding a shield would just add more weight, limit the mobility(even if not too much, is still more limited mobility than no shield).
Plus, a shield is only needed when you need to defend and attack at the same time, deflecting and redirecting enemy attacks
So, if in cqc they don't need to defend because Lunarians' long-ranged weapons become ineffective at close range, and in long range they can defend themselves with their sword, why the need for a shield?
It's just one more tool that is not needed.

The lunarians use bows effectively even at a relatively close range, plus it's not the only weapon they have.

youtube.com/watch?v=fuRkAo63hyQ

But would a shield even this case? They would only have wooden shields, so by the time the gem gets close enough to the Lunarians, a bunch of arrows and maybe even some spears would be stuck in it. The now heavy shield would then be pushed back or even broken by the spears during cqc. Even more importantly, the gems would need to hold their swords two handedly for max strength, so shields would just hinder them.

Using ranged weapons against the Lunarians would not work. We see Dia trying to fight with her new fighting style, shooting the Lunarian arrows and spears back, require many hits to take them down, but a single sword slash across the giant Lunarian can destroy the entire platform. Moreover, the Lunarians occupy the high ground, so assuming the gems manage to develop bows with similar performance to their Moonie counterpart, the Lunarians have superior range and can shoot the gems without risk of return fire. Also, the volume of fire is in favor of the Lunarians, because in practice, only a few gems usually fight against entire Lunarian platforms. Obtaining material for projectiles is also an issue, and there is no way the gems are going to invent guns when they don't even have enough wood to make fires.

>that amount of parallels between Phos and 9S
Does Yoko Taro know about HnK or something?

You can see from about chapter 30 there's a lot of forshadowing that goes on, for events that don't happen until 20+ chapters of a monthly manga
I think Ichikawa works everything out a long time before they actually happen

Holy kek, my sides, that was savage

Yesterday, I took some CaCl2 and dissolved it in hot water, then put the solution into the refrigerator. Today, these crystals formed inside my solution. Is this Antarcticite? Are there any chemists/geologists/mineralogists around?

>Sup Forums-Mineral fabrication laboratory
But to answer your question, I have no idea. I'm not knowledgeable enough sorry.

Probably not, you're unlikely to have low enough temperatures or enough of a concentrated solution

>that pic
People should be legally denied learning to draw in anime style.

that's not how you moe a gam

Why?

Why not? Isn't Antarcticite just CaCl2.6H2O? If it isn't, then what are those crystals?