ITT: the most generic piece of shit you've ever seen

ITT: the most generic piece of shit you've ever seen.

Pic related has the following

>Uninspired animation
>Bland storyline
>shallow characters
>OP Main protagonist
>Protagonist is the only teen guy
>shameless harem
>underage
>Main Prot. can do no wrong - Gary Stu
>gratuitous fan service
>bandwagon jumper series taking advantage of more popular series like Re:Zero
>Obligatory fanservicy beach episode

What shit have you seen lately?

probably black cover.

Smartphone was supposed to be a minor parody, though. So, yeah, its going to have the tropes and feel generic, because that is what it is making fun of. Sadly, it doesn't parody hard enough.

As for generic pieces of shit, probably something like Arata Kanagatari. Just a horribly dated concept, model, and execution for it to come out in 2013. It is probably more a reflection of Yuu Watase being stuck in the 90s.

i feel like that's what the creator said after he got bad rteviews.

"s-sure, yeah. it's meant to be bad, it's a parody..."

Its not a parody, it just knows exactly what it is and doesn't give a fuck. That is why it was AoTS.

The MC has God with a capital G on speed dial, who calls him up to encourage him to marry a 12 year old and inherit the kingdom. Once in a while the show is fun because of details like this, but it just doesn't happen often enough.

fanboy detected

I wish there'll be season 2 of Smartphone Jesus. It's so fun and comfy.

your comfort zone is shit and so are you

This show was fun as fuck and was blatantly taking a piss on the genre.

I am trying to remember the most serious thing that even happened in this show. One girl got slightly wounded but quickly got healed during the fight with the crystal insect thing. I think that is as serious as it ever got.

I liked the slime episode

The anime is very much self-aware and comfy, the light novel however is just horrible

Sounds like you need to go back to Boruto or Jojo thread with you, you tasteless faggot.

Takeda's retainers were pretty sad about him dying and becoming a zombie.

someone didn't get it

I guess this maybe, only bothered cuz of the brief yuri incest.

Usually when something appears to be very bland I just don't watch it at all.

I can't speak for the creator, but the tone of the show was never serious, so maybe it was the director who didn't want to play it straight. I'd have to read the original LN to find out and I'm not doing that. LNs are just so shitty to read.

I actually kind'a liked it, it's nice when you're in the mood for something absolutely straightforward and simple.

There's no grey, everything's black and white, everything's good. It's basically just good people going around doing good things and when that's what you're feeling like, it's perfect.

Yumina is legitimately a good character too, which helps.

Yeah, things like him waltzing through the Samurai Kingdom without a single fuck given, just disabling all the enemies and defeating the boss with the biggest anti-climax ever was actually pretty fun.

>generic

Eh. It wasn't good, but that's not the same thing. There was some originality to it, even if it was stupid.