The Boy and the Beast

What did you think about this movie ?
I watched it today and I think it's pretty good

Hosoda's worst.

Pretty fine, 8/10 flick.
The animation stood out the most, story was predictable and it's a shame because they could have always done something to make it more unique, but they didn't. That and forced MC drama with last-minute villain thrown in just to make everything seem more 'epic' while the primary focus was alright.

Yeah, what he said. It was an above average experience, but not a particularly memorable one.

Not as good as Your Name but good enough.

Haven't seen this, but Is this the same person who made TGWLTT?

Animation-wise, It really seems this guy is trying to be like Miyazaki.

The third act ruins it

Yes

Literally jungle book.

Yep.
I'm just glad that Hosoda's new movie looks like something in the vein of TGWLTT.

It's better when Japan does it!

Good build up, shitty ending.
The massive timeskip really distanced me from Kyuuta/Ren. He became a completely different, bland character after it and I didn't really see the point in them doing it like that and the whale thing was crap and boring.

>he didn't like ultra edgy shadow whale

I like the comedy and dramatic elements of Hosoda's movies which is why this and summer wars rank lower than the girl who lept through time and wolf children
there is just something about the shonen-esque action scenes that don't cut it for a feature film.
New film should be good though

Starts okay then completely shits the bed 2/3 through for some ridiculous time skip and the awful "climax" it set up.

im thinking of watching it tonight maybe but i may go to bed early.

I'm tired of this fucker's furrfaggotry. Just stop writing furry shit. Stop. Stop, please. You could be talented without it. Please.

First half was decent, 2nd half was god awful and felt rushed. Actually the whole movie felt rushed.

Wholesome af. I still think of grabbing the sword in my heart when I'm feeling scared.

Is this some /ss/

>Actually the whole movie felt rushed
This movie could've easily been 3 movies. There's way too much shit going on and too many gear shifts and themes that don't overlap enough.

Mediocre. First act was great and had a lot of potential, but then the fucker went back to the real world and started wasting time. And then it just lost direction and climaxed with a fucking magical whale fight.

>The animation stood out the most
The 3D background audience was too distracting. But foreground character animation was good.

this me.

the three anons are right i was really into it at first and then after the timeskip it lost all momentum and direction it had built. everything starts falling apart and getting just super meh. even the moby dick thing was poorly handled they could have made the other human child the hollow from the kids heart after the incident with his mother.

it reminds me of the sound of you or whatever it was with the deaf girl where the setup was great and then they didn't know how to finish strong. while sound of you was really well done for the first 2/3rds before becoming really sort of watered down by not sticking with the themes it builds so well at the beginning.

dont forget it also added that "i live in your heart forever" bullshit, beside second half being weaker in general. still, a 8/10 seems pretty fair. i give it the same score. would recommend it even the flaws

Hosoda's best