What the fuck is taking so long?

What the fuck is taking so long?

>all that pretentious crap just for a title
Jesus Christ anno.

it will be two movies.No way anno can end it only one more movie.

It will be trash just like 3.0

I don't think it's possible to salvage the Rebuilds, even if Anno was at his absolute best. I just want the fucking Blu-Rays of the original, which have been out in Japan for OVER TWO YEARS, to finally get a Western release. It's fucking ridiculous that there's no signs of it getting a release yet.

>yfw it's a recap of 3 and 1

Days between EoE and 1.0: 3696
Days between 1.0 and today: 3801

Kino takes time. Patience, user. Patience.

Anno is busy and treat Eva 3.0+1.0 as a side project instead of just focusing on it. Not like I care though.

It's a recut of 3.0 and 1.0 telling a new story using existing footage.

No way

Anno just doesn't care.

I hope he didn't give up on it.

What would you expect from a movie with a 5 hour runtime?

what can he do wrong?
no matter what shit he delivers, people will fanwank something.

this would simultaneously be the greatest and worst thing ever made

Holy fuck.

It will be 3.0 from another character's perspective, 30 minutes of what happens after, then it timeloops back to 1.0

How the hell you type this in english?

Fuck Anno.

Anno’s working on Darling in the Franxx

What does Anno does with all his money though? He even got that million from Gainax lately.

Weed and Rei figures.

*Asuka

*Mari

Fuck, I never noticed this

Buy a ton of bandai direct toys

Kaworu

>engrish
what the fuck
5 fucking years and THIS is what they have to show concept-wise?
"NOT and ANTI."?????? what the shit does this even mean?
Fuck Anno

>that
is the tv series
>THE END
of Evangelion
>NOT
1.0, 2.0, 3.0's title
>ANTI
probably means 3.0+1.0 is part of a new movie series

>a new movie series
But he didn't finish the last one!

That's actually kinda amazing. Using Sup Forums as comparison, valve won't release half life 3 and gabe himself said that no matter what they do, they can't beat the expectation it had set.

Amazing, isn't it. I remember still being in school and telling my friend "Yeah, 2.0 will come out next year, and then 3.0 the next year, and then maybe even 4.0. Everything will be finished by 2011, 2012 tops, you'll see." We're still waiting.

wow you were a dumb kid

At the time it all looked plausible.

Misato.

its gonna be the series from kaji's perspective starting from the 1.0 timeline. we will see a lot more of whats going on at the american nerv branch. mari will be developed further. we will see what happened post 2.0 pre 3.0. and we will see whatever kaji was doing in 3.0.

Remember when this was originally going to one every two yars?

of course they can skip 2.0 since kaji was featured quite a bit there and it would be too much of a retread. thus the title 3.0 + 1.0

I actually feel bad for those who have passed away waiting for 4.0

>I actually feel bad for those who have passed away waiting for 4.0
I think they are better off not knowing how bad 4.0 is going to be.

>and we will see whatever kaji was doing in 3.0.
Being dead

Girls' Work and Mint soon!

like that guy that died waiting for mgsv and never knew of the kojima konami scandal. kojima visited his house afterward and still delivered an incomplete game.

hes mentioned in 3.0 as not dead just elsewhere.

WEW

It's honestly one of the reasons I still haven't killed myself. I still have to see 4.0.

It's almost most likely that the movie will feature the end of 3.0 and then a loop of 1.0 to confirm loop theory, except it'll finally be broken this time around.

Masterpieces take time and effort

3.33 was garbage and they're having trouble continue it.

Anno blew his wad on his hate crusade against Rei, made 3.0, and now there's no real story left to finish.

This is literally what happened.

No it didn't, basically you're "THAT GUY" ruining every discussion about EVA because you're unrealistically idealistic and obsessed about EVA. There's no room for pragmatism because of people like you. Everything people told you was right.

he spends it all on gundam model kits that he never builds

It'll be 4 hours of Shinji edging and then in the end he cums and then another hour of real life footage of thousands of EVA fans screaming omedetou.

it'll be a solid 2 hours of Anno and Miyazaki calling otaku scum who smell like anus. They'll then proceed to go through an olfactory adventure of the many smells of anus by bringing in a long line of hot JAV actresses and sniffing their butts, all while a bunch of jelly smelly otaku ragefap. japan is so fucked up.

I want to cum inside Mari.

well this is ironic

>it'll be a solid 2 hours of Anno and Miyazaki calling otaku scum who smell like anus.
I'd watch it

>basically you're "THAT GUY"
You're throwing a lot of assumptions.
Like I said, at the time the first movie just came out, and they were on a schedule. Anno himself said that they'll be released every year(or two years?). I totally bought it, we had no idea.

Say what you want about Mari but she is Prime Fan Service.

Fixing shitty writing is tremendous job, it takes time

I liked 3.0 and it was much better than 2.0

when 1.0 came out i decided to wait until they're all done before watching them

some day...

That would unironically make it the best installment of the Rebuild series.

For you, luckily not everybody has a scat fetish.

We did have an idea. The content matter of the movies, and the increasing time between releases.

Moreover, you should have learned not to trust Anno years ago. He always engages in Otaku Taqiyya and tells people whatever they need to hear that furthers his own agenda. He lied about the original ending, and he lied about the Rebuilds.
When 3.0 came out, and it was embarrasingly stupid to the point that only hardened waifu-otaku could love it - it because obvious that the story could not be continued easily, and more importantly there would be no real point in continuing it since 3.33 ends with characters inferior in depth to the previous two movies, and without a believable story to build on.

If the Rebuild of Evangelion movies were a construction project, then the third phase dubbed 3.0 would have taken a sledgehammer to the foundations of the yet unifinished building, leaving behind only rubble and failing foundations.

What sort of self-obsessed moron, what fanatic would expect that the construction project would still be delivered on time?

That's because you're stupid and have otaku trash tastes.

2.0 was the otaku trash taste movie, stop getting so offended over what I prefer.

Except 2.0 was loved by non-otaku - 3.0 wasn't. Empirically and objectively, you're wrong. You're a self-conscious otaku dweeb that's embarrased about what you are. Stop being so offended about what you are, otaku trash taste user.

You're arguing about Eva on Sup Forums, you're both smelly otaku.

2.0 was the movie popular on anime sites, 3.0 is hated on anime sites.

Didn't he fund a bunch of new animators for that experimental animation show a while ago?

Yes, and it was glorious.

Anno and Urobuchi are coordinating and will release 3.0+1.0 and the Rebellion sequel in the same year.

3.0 is hated by virtually everyone, also many otaku. But only otaku love it, in particular otaku fans of Kaworu and Kaworushin, in addition to yurifags and asuka fans.

3.0 is made for the lowest of the low within even the otaku grouping. That's who you are.

I'm not smelly, but see my point above. 2.0 and 1.0 had similar qualities to the original, that is it could be considered interesting by non-otaku and even liked. 3.0 on the other hand is made by otaku, for otaku, and it's exceedingly low quality story work means only truly obsessed, next-level otaku could love it.

That's a fact.

>only Kaworu and Asuka fans are otaku
Found the Reifag, not going to even argue with you. For what it's worth I hated all the Kaworu and Asuka scenes in 3.0

It's never coming out. This is Anno's final ruse.

NGE and EoE were masterpieces, I have no urge to watch Rebuilds because they won't be better anyway.

2.0 showed Rebuild wasn't just a retreat of the series because Shinji finally manned up and got in the fucking robot. Meanwhile 3.0 was straight back to old NGE full of homoeroticism and every female character shitting on Shinji. Except Rei, of course, but Rei had reset back to having zero personality since she was right back to being just another reiclone that Gendo had recently decanted.

also I seem to recall Anno promised we would have action scenes showing the absolute chaos going on that wrecked the geofront. That would've been integral to understanding why Misato and Asuka are such vitriolic bitches to Shinji after they pull him out of the unstable core of the Impact he caused. We just got to see the wreckage of the geofront after Shinji runs away from them, which apparently surprised everyone because who could've guessed treating Shinji like shit would cause him to run away? Man, Mari was like telling those stupid bitches to lay off because she was the only person with a lick of sense even if she is sort of a neko nyahaha and sort of a fanservice character and sort of an interdimensional slider.

So much hate for a movie you loved, and you left out the Yurifags too. Its just facts. The people who liked the movie almost always fall into those categories, and this is to be expected because those are the exact target group of the movie.

It makes sense just like it makes sense for you to call me a Reifag when I criticize 3.0 because 3.0 is explicitly anti-Rei. The facts are nonetheless that 3.0 is utter garbage, and to your dissatisfaction Anno said it might not even come out until 2022.

>b-but I hated the asuka and kaworu scenes!
So? They were shit, but the people into these characters love shit. They're happy as long as the scenes for their characters are less shit than e.g Rei's.

Just facts, and the truth behind 3.0 and the Rebuilds.

>sort of an interdimensional slider.
Eh?

> End episode 2 on the most famous cliffhanger in the history of video game
> Lol people have expectations lmao
> Too cowardly to hurt your precious reputation as a "good gamez only" developper
> Never write the scenario
Fucking cowards. I'd rather watch a bad 4.0 where Anno tried and failed than nothing.

That's not true. Original NGE wasn't full of homo-eroticism at all, it's practically devoid of it sans one episode at most - moreover NGE wasn't shitting on Shinji, it was shitting on everyone. Asuka in particular.

What happened to Rei is different than in the original too. Rei never got reset in 3.0, there was just another Rei.

also, Anno promised nothing and what he promises can't be trusted. Stop being stupid please, it's showing that you're a Rebuild baby.

It's a retarded neo-revision of Evangelion made by shippers who want eternal shipping and escapism.

Anno isn't that type of person. You see, the original ending didn't happen because Anno wanted it. He was never going to make the original ending, he was, according to his own words, going to go on live TV and apologize for having failed to make Eva.

But he didn't have the luxury of doing all that since he was funded and owned by the TV network(s). The only reason NGE got controversial and a topic was denying Anno in doing what he wanted.

Now that Anno is financially free, has no obligation to create quality or to even tell a story, you may never get that ending, at least not in due time. It's been five years now, so no due time at least.

Anno is above all, and escapist otaku. Give an escapist otaku freedom, and he'll just become worse. The Rebuilds proved this, as it has more fanservice and shit plot than ever before.

> Writes three paragraphs out of nowhere trash talking for no good reason some dude who was expecting a tighter schedule for rebuild
> Calls him a self centeredoron
Why is this board so fucking full of hypocritical autistic fucks for Christ sake.

>Now that Anno is financially free, has no obligation to create quality or to even tell a story,
Except his crippling depression and the fact that he probably couldn't live with himself if he left his lifework unfinished in his eyes.

Self-centered fucks like that needs to be called out user. Not hypocritical or wrong in the slightest. Why are you so offended though, you had the same blatantly wrong obsessed and idealistic expectatoin? Get a grip.

Yet the days, months and years go by. Stop fanwanking things about his personality you know nothing about. Stick with what you know first please. The truth is that Anno is a less visionary version of George Lucas that's better at directing but a huge self-obsessed otaku freak.

>got in the fucking robot
Stop with this stupid meme. Did you even watch NGE? There's 3 times in the entire show where Shinji runs away. One time towards the start, then after he almost kills Toji, and the last one is after he kills Kaworu. Every other time in the series, Shinji pilots the Evangelion because he knows he has to. It's part of the whole message of the show. Judging by your post though, you're more interested in retarded plot points instead, so I can understand why you read wiki entries instead of actually watching the show.

>waaaah he showed that I was wrong all along it's not faaaair he did that for no good reason waaaaah I'm going to whine about it instead of accepting that I was wrong and move on

The absolute STATE of Rebuildfags

No I just don't understand how you can be so frustrated at someone for simply expecting a tighter release schedule for a movie serue year ago.
It's so fucking stupid it blows my mind.
You get a fucking grip on your life.

>self-obsessed otaku freak.
But his works are criticizing otakus and otaku culture. Are you alright?

Why the fuck do so many people have a fucking problem with release dates ? What the fuck is wrong with you ?

>he doesn't know that otaku are extremely self-loathing
>he doesn't know how self-loathing Anno is
>he doesn't realize the irony of otaku loving a work that criticizes them

See a pattern? Are you mentally sound, is your brain functioning all right?

Release date expectations*

Because it was absolutely retarded and people like you and that guy kept insisting on it, pissing of everyone else with your unrealistic prattle about the release dates?

You are the cancer, you are wrong and you STILL don't have the smarts to shut the fuck up.

The months go by because he wrote himself into a corner like Martin and so many other popular yet ambitious writers.
And I'm the one making assumptions ? After you spent three posts painting a vivid portrait of Anno as a lifeless lazy otaku ? I make assumption ?

>Are you mentally sound
I am. That's why I didn't see it. Thanks for the explanation?

Everyone knew the release dates wouldn't hold because of various well-defined reasons. Those people didn't have a problem with release dates. You did. You wanted it to come out as fast as possible to get your fucking otaku fill, and because you didn't want Anno's name, your anime drug supplier to be sullied.

When it was exactly as everyone said, that it would take a long time, possibly even a really long time, you still didn't accept that you were wrong. What exactly is your problem?