Let's play a game, Sup Forums

Let's play a game, Sup Forums.
Can you recognize whose composer this work belongs to? How long did it take for you to recognize it? It is a composer who works on anime, and that composer is also quite popular, so it should be easy.
my.mixtape.moe/oohxct.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/qrnxjz.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/vbatdt.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/nhnabp.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/hcjdfk.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/jzvvci.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kenji Kawai? I don't know many composers, so this is a shot in the dark.

No idea. Can you give us any hints on what kind of anime he's worked in? Fantasy, romance, SOL? When was he most active? 1990s? 2000s? 2010s?

That would be my first guess too.

Eh, I can connect to mixtape and upload but when I go to my.mixtape it gets blocked. Weird.
The second I was able to listen to reminded me of the pandora ost but I'm probably wrong.

i want to have sex with kumiko in the missionary position for the sole purpose of recreation

Yoshiaki Fujisawa ?

Sorry, but Kumiko is for Shuichi only.

Is it Joe Hisaishi?

OP here, sorry for the delay.
He's the most active in the 2010s, and he's worked on a couple of VERY popular anime in the 2010s. "Action anime" is a pretty good summarization for this composer, as his soundtracks are generally used on anime that has a lot of action.
His magnum opus is generally considered to be the soundtrack of a certrain mecha anime.

It's neither of these. I'll drop more hints later on if needed.

This maybe, idk.

Sounds like something from a brawler doujin or a mystery doujin because they have traditional themes.

Same composer, same album. It's from the early 2010s.
my.mixtape.moe/qrnxjz.mp3
Another hint: The track names of the soundtracks from 2013 onwards are something which sets the composer apart.

Does anyone here even download anime soundtracks?

In the beginning of the composer's carrer, the composer generally worked on live-action TV series, and occasionally, on anime. However, in recent years they've reversed places. The composer has also worked on a couple of videogame soundtracks.
It was a shitty move of me to withhold an action track, so here's one.
my.mixtape.moe/vbatdt.mp3
This is the from soundtrack to the sequel of the anime where and are from.
I do; people on Sup Forums have looked forward to the release of soundtracks, too. Loads of people were celebrating the release of Made in Abyss's soundtrack recently.

Sounds like KlK but I don't recognize it at all.

The composer is the same.

Sawano. Fucker loves to reuse samples, and they gave him away. I could barely tell with the first.

I'm getting a real Hiroyuki Sawano vibe from this one around the 40 second mark, and the first two you posted give off a similar feel somehow.
>generally worked on live-action TV series
>occasionally, on anime. Howver, in the recent years they've reversed places
>a couple of videogame soundtracks
>track names from 2013 onwards are something which sets the composer apart
>magnum opus is generally considered to be the soundtrack of a certain mecha anime
>VERY popular in the 2010s
Yeah it's gotta be him.

Just like , my guess is also now Sawano.
I was getting TBF vibes, and I know it's not TBF.

Correct.

Got it with this line
>The track names of the soundtracks from 2013 onwards are something which sets the composer apart.

>The composer has also worked on a couple of videogame soundtracks.
made me confident in my answer.

Hello?
Is this thing on?
Am I all alone?

OP here. Up for another one?

I don't actually know that many anime composers, but I can try.
I do own some soundtracks on CD though, so if I'm lucky he/she is one one of them.

There's only one composer that I might recognize solely based on a sample off any of their work.

Computer issues, sorry for the slowdown.
my.mixtape.moe/nhnabp.mp3
As for this one I can't exactly tell you when this composer is the most active, as he has quite a wide career spanning decades. One of the anime whose soundtracks he composed is still being talked about on a daily basis, despite being older than a decade.

It reminds me of something, especially the first two seconds, but I have no idea what.

Shiro Sagisu?

These first seconds likely reminded you of Eva, right?
Yeah, that's from the Magi soundtrack, and you can still feel the "essence" of Sagisu. Loud and bombastic in some tracks.
I would've posted something older, but I've sadly lost lots of the stuff I had and my collection pales to what it was.

I'm afraid this is going to be the last composer for tonight; it's awfully late where I'm living, and you might be not all that interested anymore.
This composer's carreer is not as widely-spanning as Sagisu's, but it is still quite admirable. Most active in the 2000s, however that composer has still worked on anime in the 2010s.
my.mixtape.moe/hcjdfk.mp3

Whoever composed OG Eureka 7.

I can see from your point of view, but it's not the same composer.
Here's another one, this time, with a more serious tone.
my.mixtape.moe/jzvvci.mp3
And a hint: she was behind three really big anime projects in the 2010s. The composer got popular because of her work earlier, but these three big anime brought her even more fans.

That's sounds like Yuki "throw some chorus in it" Kaijura.

I avoided using tracks that were obviously hers (she's got a very recognizable style), but yeah, that's her.
Well, I'll be taking my leave now; hope you have a nice evening, user.

It was kinda easy this time (part because I wanted people to participate easily), but I may repeat this again in the future once I've regained my collection. There's no saying that I won't use these composers's works again.

I think some of your early hints could've been a bit more vague. This one and this one especially.

I haven't listened to much old anime music, so I enjoy using these threads to find "new" songs/soundtracks to listen to.
Normal soundtrack threads just have way too many links.

These on Sawano were especially generous since I was trying to get people in the thread, since things were going quite slowly in the beginning.
And then at the end I guess I just wanted to end it quickly, so I made things somewhat obvious.
I ended up having just a tiny bit more free time than I expected earlier, but I'll be actually leaving now.
I will make a thread like this again in the future; this format is quite interesting, so it would be even better when I've gotten everything together, and thought of vague hints in advance.
I don't know where you're from, but I wish you a good night, even if it's morning where you live. Thanks for staying in this thread until the very end.