Re:Creators

This show doesn't deserve such a best girl, holy shit.

truth

the fact that she had no real endgame besides being a last minute deus ex machina is enfuriating

Why is all discussion about the quality of the show? Holy fuck it's 200% autism in Re:Creators threads

Unironically consider your life choices

What would you want to discuss about, user?

Magane was 4th best girl, after Altair, Selesia and Hikayu.

Discuss THE GREATNESS OF YOUR ETERNAL WAIFU, for example

Seriously you guys should stop baiting the autists into a flamewar just to get a thread going

>Altair

Sorry user, I'm not into the human version of Auto from Wall E

Because there are still people around who want to convince themselves that their favorite show of all time isn't a pile of trash

>I want to be bullied into liking the show.

I've been laughing at this post for 5 minutes straight, goddamn it user

Hey I just wanted a thread dedicated to best girl, that's all

Reminder that Altair could be the vengeful incarnation of Setsuna's hatred and despair, and will continue its revenge until it got what it wanted.

Altair is in lesbian heaven with not!setsuna, she got exactly what she wanted.

hence, the point; she's fucking godzilla and only Souta can calm it down since it's his fault that she's on the rampage to begin with.

Rewatching the show, it's way comfier than I remember

We were too focused on the plot and the infodumps back when it was airing to notice anything else (though it could certainly have a lot more character interactions).

It's genuinely funny at times, I'll give it that.

It's highly rewatchable. I am also awakened to Altair's immeasurable cuteness, that mophead.

Really want to see the blu-ray version after the entire thing is up

>look mom i made another re creators thread
What are you doing? What's your endgame?

Any ova or whatever bundled in the BD?

Altair is too manly for my taste. She's like a female version of Aizen personality wise.

Shark is best girl, followed by Selesia.

What the fuck are you on about, I havent made any previous threads on this anime.

She is the cutest powerlevel monster.

No, which is too bad. They could have easily bundled a recap episode for the second half.

Magane was hot garbage in a sea of mediocre characters.

Now that you point it out, it's kind of hard to deny how manly she is. The only feminine aspect is how she looks like a hamster from behind because of the hair. In the recap episode I thought it was funny that Meteora mentioned how hard she was to draw.

Show was ruined by Altair

Aint that some shit, could have been a nice follow up of the gang doing stuff after the anime epilogue ending.

I skipped the recap out of principle, but I've heard people say good things about it. Is it actually worth watching, especially now I've finished the series?

Not sure what you mean, she is extremely feminine.

It's mostly Meteora being meta instead of a strict recap. Different tone than most of the series, felt like a nice parlay into s2. I skipped it originally myself but grew to like it after I finished it.
that's just like, your opinion, man

Yes, it's worth watching it.

I'd recommend it, it adds a ton to Meteora's character and there are some really funny bits in it

Myugi is cuter

Oh that's cute
Maybe I should watch this for her

>Chops Altair with a fucking magic circle
This will never not get me.

>speaks in a low voice
>never smiles saves for smugness
>is in a position of power throughout all of the anime
>military outfit with huge ass claw-things on her arms
>stoic as fuck

She's probably the manliest female character I've seen lately. I wonder if they meant to make her this way.

Definitely don't watch for one character

There are a lot of them and the screen time is spread a ton, some of them don't appear for several episodes at a time

Personally I've learned to appreciate all of the girls, that way you don't find yourself waiting for the next scene

She is supposed to be menacing, not manly. But the anime went for a chuuni always smug that ended up just cute which is fine was well.

Dont listen to that user.
It's not Magane's fault she got stuck in a shit anime. She deserves your watch.

Compared to the anime.

I like how she is pretty much stoic if not stoic like all the time getting gangbanged or in danger of getting out keikaku'd.

やばい

Might as well be a dude. Look at those shoulders.

The only redeemable part of this show was the OST, and even that was the usual samey stuff Sawano does.

Let me tell you my expert opinion.

If you think this is feminine, I have bad news for you.

Its a uniform with those pauldron or something, made them bigger, or did you forget the 80/90s' shoulder pads?

How do you think this is not feminine?

A Magane doujin is long overdue.

Last few episodes felt pretty OOC desu senpai

How did all the little girls that watch the magical girl show react to having their hero get brutally killed on television in a show created and broadcast by the Japanese government?

That's some fucked up shit right there.

Altair is going to get all the girls!

All of this wouldn't happen if Souta didn't cut ties with Setsuna; it's the reason why Altair was hell bent on destorying the wolrd that abandoned her creator.

There was always the normal smug and confident chuuni Altair roleplay and the more human Altair that only reveals herself whenever Setsuna is mentioned or involved.

Mamika died long before that

She's a wad of despair.

A product of a girl whose only friend adandoned her because he's jelly of her works.

That was never aired, it was just implied by Altair and Aliceteria conversation. And the ECF was probably at least 16+ so no little girl watching.

They didn't. Because she died well before any of that happened. In a park, presumably with no body other than creations around.

Did you have a follow up to that?

I think she treated Setsuna like a dark secret, aggravated at her being mentioned because she was being embarrassed for holding such an personal reason for destroying the entire world. She's like a tyrant in that sense.

There is also the parallel with Alice, Alice is the kind of character that lets the swords to do the talking if her conviction is not broken through dialogue. It's really apparent in episode 6, where she goes "fuck it I'm not talking to you anymore".

What happened with season2anon? Did he get BTFO?

Unfortunately, this is the anime's biggest flaw and plot hole.
Setsuna didnt have friends, alright, but she had family, relatives, artists she admired, people that she loved.
She chose to kill herself over online bullying, okay, but the fact that Altair's sole purpose is to destroy the world that "made Setsuna suffer" is a paradox, because whatever Setsuna felt, good times bad times, made her create Altair herself. By destroying the world Altair's basically destroying Setsuna once again.

>basically destroying Setsuna once again.
Setsuna is dead, destroying the world wont matter anymore to her.

Internal contradictions in a characters motivation or reasoning aren't plot holes.

"We die twice in our lifetime, the first time when we leave our body, and the second time when the last person we know ceases to say our name"

I don't know if it's a plot hole but I think the issue Altair had was not with her existence, but rather the fact that the world was a place which allowed Setsuna to reach the bad ending she had gotten.

>deserve such a best girl
its just alucard and walter c dornez merged up.

Altair
you mean not rock black shooter merged down with selvaria

setsuna was a dumb bitch that deserved her fate
fuck setsuna

I could go deeper if you want, why didnt the parents help Setsuna?
Why are they literally non-existent towards the end of the anime where an insight of Setsuna's character was needed?

>being embarrassed for holding such an personal reason for destroying the entire world
She was open about wanting to destroy everything for personal reasons though. She revealed it to Mamika way before any mention of Setsuna. But she got mad when she saw Sirius since it was insulting Setsuna's last design with no direct relation to her plans.

Altair will be around still.

To me, there's a part of Setsuna in Altair that not only aware of both her creator's existence and the world she resides in; but also what caused her to commit suicide to begin with, her servere lack of friends and the feeling of abandonment.

That what made Altair so sympathetic to the viewers, both to us and to the creators; and especially to Souta who didn't realized the shit that she been through are actually real.

Because people who are depressed or suicidal don't necessarily reach out for help? Although Setsuna did, but to Souta, who ignored her. Maybe her parent's did try and help her but failed. We don't know, and we really don't need to for the progression of the story.

Well, when she is talking about Setsuna to Mamika it's pretty clear that she is hiding her face at a large portion of the dialogue. I think that indicates a contrast between her trying to convince herself and the people around her and the how she perceives her goal.

She is out of options. She can't bring Setsuna back and she doesn't want to build a utopia without Setsuna in it. Remember how she snaps the moment Setsuna's name is spoken. "This girl wants to stop me after she has gotten all of the information" "She still thinks I'm on the wrong side after I opened myself up to her"

Also she gets way more violent and ruthless with Alice when she questions her goal.

I'm glad Altair and Setsuna lived happily ever after in their /u/topia.

Altair thinks solely in story terms. Since she was created mostly by Setsuna's worst feelings of despair and not the good stuff she was biased to simply consider the story Setsuna was as completely unsalvageable, and therefore better deleted.

And destroying a story isn't much of a big deal for her, she certainly has tons of crossover worlds she destroyed in her many fanfictions.

>We don't know, and we really don't need to for the progression of the story.

Yeah we do.
It's retarded to ignore the people who were actually close to Setsuna and loved her, her mom called Souta and sounded pretty heartbroken.
Besides, Setsuna got pretty famous and got to meet with known directors(?) before she an hero'd, her family probably knew about what she created, as well as Altair. It's odd that they chose to completely ignore Setsuna's personal life, but it would have fucked up the entire plot, that's why.

I'd rather think of Setsuna as an image for the disgraced artist rather than dabble in the ugly details. I think that adds more to how you perceive the story compared to looking out for the particulars of how she ended up dead, because the story in itself is an extreme scenario

There was clearly regret that she couldn't do anything better for Setsuna, and she didn't feel very strongly about destroying the world, but her getting mad at people was always because of them insulting Setsuna. Mamika being pretentious about saving Setsuna's soul without never even knowing any kind of pain, or Sirius being a clear rip-off of her creation or when Setsuna was initially summoned when she complained how unfair it was. Her whole issue was the world being a bitch to Setsuna, and whenever someone proves that she gets mad.

Pretty much.
Plus Altair is a being fulled by fandom, and therefore undefeatable. The only way to get rid of her is to recreate her creator so that she will ceased her sensless rampage.

>Mamika being pretentious about saving Setsuna's soul without never even knowing any kind of pain

I know people really liked Mamika but god damn it I hated that cunt.
She was so fake walking up to Altair telling her "You're my precious friend, its okay I'll heal you".

I still think she could've been more considerate about Mamika's attitude since she was more savvy with her nature than the rest of the creations. She took issue with her settling with the nature of her creation and not reaching similar conclusions to her. That whole thing pretty much goes back to Mamika causing undesired harm, she'd probably be on board if she was more ignorant to the pain she was capable of causing while having her magical girl ideals at the same time.

No, I actually honestly understands Altair's character on that part. When you feel like shit, the last thing you want is someone to come up to you and tell you "it's okay I'll fix you", all you need is someone to just shut up and listen to you as you bitch and moan about your sob story. Mamika was extremely pretentious, and she sealed the deal with telling Altair she's gonna save Setsuna as well. Bitch is dead, there's nothing to save. Altair did right shish kebabing her.

Altair was already completely mad at that point though, it's hard to expect her to be tolerant and understanding. And while she is genre savvy (that whole discourse she was making was probably to become a clear evil opponent to Mamika if she wasn't going to fight as an ally anymore), she was caught completely by surprise when she mentioned Setsuna.

Mamika was to simple and straightforward of a character for her own good.

One of the things I liked most about this show was the way the creations grew and developed as a result of getting torn out of their own stories, without it really changing the core of their characters, or even their underlying motives. Just like, a slight tipping of their personality.

One of my favorites was with Yuuya, the way he follows the shonen traditions and his speech pattern doesn't change at all during the series but from the moment he meets his creator he slowly starts acting more empathetic and caring instead of being as ruthless and chaotic as he was in the beginning.

Kanoya had the best development. From annoying ass brat to alpha badass.

One of my favorite moments in the show

Look at that goofy smug.

The manga is fucking cute. I'm dying

What even happened to Megane at the end anyway, i don't remember her even showing up in the final episode/epilogue.

Went her own way to have fun with the world

Best girl gets best end.

I like to imagine she hangs out on a tropical beach somewhere, looking for super-rich, naive young men to blackmail the fuck out of.

I was fully expecting to hate the character when she was first introduced. As usually I find the edgy a-moral types to be tedious and annoying, but by the time her arc wrapped up and she handed her power over to Souta she was in my top three favorite characters.

I thought her and Souta were cute together, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

What's the response in Japan? I just know it didn't sell well.

The autists in Japan hate it when their precious 4th wall is in danger and their illusion of cute girls on screen is broken reminding them they're fat and useless and need to get a job. So it was a flop.