I don’t get it

I don’t get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21JuYIPHMF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DUDE DREAMS LMAO

It's not so good, Kon's worst, IMO.

What is there to get? They go into the virtual world to fight a mind virus and win. The only cryptic part is how they actually defeat it which is a deus ex machina moment pretty much on the same level as you average Digimon episode and you could probably read in to it a lot but you don't need to. the rest is really straight forward

So the mind virus thing started with the chairman being delusional or what?

I saw this with some friends when I was fairly baked
excellent visuals

Tokyo Godfathers is a better film

I have trouble understanding his films but I like them

>no more kino madhouse movies because japs have shit taste and didn't support them

Indeed. But Millennium Actress is even better.

No, it's because Kon is dead.

There's not much to get. Just enjoy the visuals.

After leaving a $30 million debt, no one wants to do these types of movies anymore.

Perfect Blue is better.

Welcome to Japanese media, where you can't connect with the story because there doesn't seem to be one, and characters don't seem to have any development. You'll spend your life wondering if it's a cultural difference you don't understand or if they're just not good.

But then why do you enjoy some of the media? They seem to have engaging stories and well written characters!

Some things just don't have satisfying, well written stories

Paprika
My Neighbor Totoro
Redline

You can still enjoy them though.

>a dream about a parade starts spreading like a virus due to the DC mini connecting minds together
>the chairman was actually super evil and super gay this whole time and he started it as an intentional sabotage
>his rentboy manservant dude gets killed and the chairman grabs onto his body as he slips away into the void of death (dream logic)
>chairman absorbs 'death' as a concept and becomes a giant death god
>paprika defeats him by becoming his polar opposite, life, as represented by a child
Millennium Actress was better but goddamn do I wish I could visit that bar

Millennium Actress is literally the best fucking Kon film. PerfectBlueFags need to fucking recognize

Redline's story was alright

Inside the dream you could beat something with its weakness, and men's weakness is women.

The only good thing about it was the opening song, and the concept of solving crimes and healing people by fucking with their dreams.
Overall, pretty sweet movie but a very flat story.

While I agree with most folks here that it was very "meh" from a narrative perspective, it has one of my absolute favorite OSTs. Inspired me to check out Hirasawa's solo projects and P-Model.

youtube.com/watch?v=21JuYIPHMF8

who the fuck enjoys Redline for the story?

Wrong, Tokyo Godfathers is the best