Show has fantasy or science fiction elements yet still wants to be taken seriously

>show has fantasy or science fiction elements yet still wants to be taken seriously
Why do so many animes do this?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Wtf are you even trying to say. You mean just because iriya no sora is scifi means that i should take seriously about what it's trying to say about cruelty of adolescence or its sekaikei perspective or wut the fuck man

*shouldn't

>user shows signs of being a faggot, yet still want to be taken seriously
Why do so many people do this?

>animes

>muh realism
You need to go back

Death of the author states that you can take it as you will.

You just exceed the maximum retardation level.
Also
>animes
Fuck off.

J.R.R. Tolkien's skeleton has climbed from his grave and is now en route to your location clutching a trench knife. Your mistake is a deep one.

Because settings don't preclude a series from making good points. Propper sci-fi is built on exploring humanity through the lens of technology. Just because many series only use it as window dressing, to justify a Mcguffin or to enable a certain protagonist ability doesn't mean you can't have a series using a genre to say something.

is pic related
if so don't talk shit about shimoneta faggot

>animes
Why do i feel like spics are the only ones who say this word

>what is atmosphere

>what is context

As long as the rules of the world stay conistent I don’t see what the problem is here.

>anime
>taken seriously

>animes
Retard.

The only good sci-fi is the serious one.

Too bad Japab os exceptionally bad at sci-fi.
The good sci fi is the one that make you think "well in theory with enough research this shit could actually be made and work" shit like tgat is mostly written by retired scientists.

Guys, look, look. OP is some German who thinks he's being smart.

I disagree. A fictional technology can still be a useful tool in performing a thought experiment. Nobody thinks the sybil system in Psycho-pass is plausible, but it's an excellent way of exploring the value of freedom, if repression didn't actually make us unhappy.

>A fictional technology can still be a useful tool in performing a thought experiment
Absolutly
>Nobody thinks the sybil system in Psycho-pass is plausible.
YES!
>but it's an excellent way of exploring the value of freedom

No. The problem with sybil isn't that it isn't achievable with current technology. Its problem is that the sybil system is completly retarded.
Who would ever implement that? Who would want that?

>post has obvious bait but still wants people to fall for it
Why do so many anons do this?

The real world has fantasy and science fiction elements. People take miracles and engineering very seriously. There are people who'd kill you for making snarky comments about their superstition.

>Who would ever implement that? Who would want that?
Sweden, Canada, California would love it.

Imagine it to be a metaphor for any tyranical government that removes presumption of innocence, controls every aspect of people's lives and removes people for wrong thinking.

Google already have a blacklist of wrongthinkers picked authomatically by AI based on their online history that tgey would never hire into their company.

So it's closer than you wpuld think

What are you talking about, I would love a system that tells me what to do with my shitty life

Faggot atheist redditors are too intelligent to appreciate a story where the laws of physics are not 100% compatible with irl ones.

If that's true, I'll have to change my nationality

Let's imagine it's put to use in psychiatry first, and is a great success, because it's good at making better decicions than people who need psychiatry.
Soon after, high risk events, such as politician public speeches gets monitored by the system, No different in essesnce, from what goes on today.
Then it's rolled out for career counceling in schools, because what kind of kid doesn't have insecurity about what direction they should take in life? (The ones who aren't insecure obviously don't care, since it isn't interfering with their freedom yet, and the ones without direction have their lives improved).
Because the system is highly succesful in improving lives, it gets eyes everywhere, and becomes ubiquitous. Nobody protests, because the system led them to careers that feels meaningful, and they have positive associations to it.

Remember, the system, by conventional metrics, is a massive success that improved the lives of just about every mentally healthy person, and most of the mentally ill, by getting them treatment. Only a tiny minority of people has their lives impeded, because it's to greater benefit to the masses that the worst latent criminals are rounded up.
Most people are nowhere near having to give up freedom for this security, because they live such fulfilling lives, that they don't have to worry about the system picking them up. Politicians who are against implementing it would have to argue against greatly increased real gains in security and (seeming)well-being of the nation. If the technology was possible, it WOULD be implemented, despite Sup Forums's protests.
Makishima's problems with the system are very valid, but vague and impossible to measure, and the amount of people who actually strive to be more than the society around them is so tiny as to be insignificant.

And even if none of the above applied, writing the sybil system as a thought experiment about the value of freedom and self-determination is still good sci-fi.