The promosed neverland 72

It's a ruse right?

There's no way this isn't a ruse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ml9MWzF2bpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His eye is 2 inches below where it should be, so fugly

Minerva is Norman from the future

nah, but Norman is his seed, that's the punishment he got for breaking the deal.

>Burn the village down.
>as no name man and Ray are getting into it.
>they burn to death

wouldn't that be fun?

Lucas going kamikaze on us soon.

so are they never gonna show mama again?

What if Emma is descendant from the traitor and is her job to redeem her family

Looks like Mama's been replaced (eaten).

Well, we know that they're gonna have to return to GF eventually. I'm sure we'll find out what happened to her then.

The artist doesn't seem to know how to draw side view noses.

>Lucas tries to kamikaze
>No name knocks him out and does it instead

Guise guise what if the black chick who saved Lucas was the traitor Minerva was talking about?

No she hasn't, the house fucking burnt down and there are 4 other identicle houses with mama's already stationed there for the kids to move into

Minerva is a twink.

>James was finally caught by his family in 2035
>the other members of the Ratri family turn him into the demons
>pissed off at the betrayal demons make one demand for the Ratri family to earn forgiveness
>x pregnant female member of the Ratri family had to offer up her 1 year old son
>that son was Norman

If Norman's actually with the Ratris, the message in the end will be that he'll eventually choose his actual family over the blood one.

Easy choice when one side has a waifu and the other doesn't.

While this particular scene with little Bernie isn't canon since the doll burnt up, lets say the person here who introduces himself as William Minerva is canon but the person here isn't James Ratri but someone else who adopted the title.

What if this is Norman simply judging by the fact that the shilouhette doesn't resemble Minerva in the OP and how similar It looks to Norman and the reveal is that Norman became the next William Minerva?
While there's no reason to believe this guy in pic related is Norman, I have a feeling it really isn't James, in this chapter James Ratri practically said he wants to personally avoid breaking the promise and putting the world in an all out war himself and would rather just let that descision fall into the kids instead, yet the William Minerva in this comic says he personally plans on changing The Promise and "ending the Neverland" sounding like he does intend to break the Promise thus isn't James Ratri.

I also have another theory that we're once again going to have the trio agreeing on an ultimate end goal but they're going to have the trio split on how they want to achieve it like in the escape arc
>Ray is more leaning to just escape with his family, the gracefield plantation and the goldy pond survivors
>Emma will want to search for the 7 walls
>Norman when he inevitably comes back takes on the persona of William Minerva and plans on breaking the promise altogether and free all of humanity forever

Also forgot to note, the William Minerva in this comic has his shirt collar flared up to cover his neck, almost like there's something to cover up like a neck ID code. Norman?

Looks a lot older than Norman. Unless we get a timeskip.

Wouldn't that put Norman in danger though? Could he really give up his duty like that?

Also who's to say this scene isn't canon? What if Norman made a new Little Bernie doll to use kinda like the icon or symbol of the rebellion and this comic was actually a real propaganda video Norman made?

>reeeee you're just like your dad
But really, it would turn them against him but this would all have to ve post a timeskip anyway, they wouldn't leave an 11 year old in charge. By which time Emma will likely have gathered allies and become a veteran at this shit, she can probably find a way to help him.

You know, Bernie existing in that small comic at all always confused me. What did Connie's bunny have to do with Minerva? If we're going by that logic is actually explains it being there since Connie was the first sibling Norman found out was being harvested, it was an important thing for him.

Also general sympathy, what else would draw supporters than using a doll belonging to an innocent 6 year old as a symbolic icon for justice and a rebellion? Kinda like how in that episode White Bear in Black Mirror, the little girl who was murdered had her favourite stuffed bear become a symbol for justice againts her muderers

Anyone got the cleaned version of this page?

So, a rescue arc.

>some of you demons are alright, don't go to Goldy Pond tomorrow

Anna is cute!

From the way the recorded message was worded, minerva could have been dead for 100 years from all what we know, so I highly doubt it was her.

one of them is trying to ruse everyone.

when was this par published? I can't recall at all.

That would be a waste of a character. She will come back.

What the fuck are you on about? It's 2046 and the message was recorded in 2031

oh, I forgot we knew it was 2046, okay then... well, it might be possible.

It was a reward on the website for completely a test at full score. Niggastream uploaded it later.

So we don't have any idea as to when or where that was happening

Pretty much, yes.

I feel like everyone initially disregarded it at first due to little Bernie appearing there and William Minerva acknowledging that the person viewing the message was taking a test, but this scene being canon and taking place in the future is speculation based on the comic Minerva and the Minerva from this chapter contradicting each other

Technically, if every single one of the main trio wants to take a different path to get to the same results (saving humans), who's gonna win in the end? I doubt this'll have a dark ending, I reckon they will succeed but through whose ideals? I think Emma's likely to win out purely because she's the protagonist and it would be more likely to make Norman bend to her will than Ray's like he already has before, for obvious reasons.
But at the same time, I feel like war is likely. Would Emma really feel fine with leaving all those children behind? Maybe she initially wants to take the seven walls route oug of precaution but eventually realizes war might be necessary to end the system once and for all.

out of*

I think it's pretty obvious it's either going to be Emma's route that wins or some kind of common ground between the 3 choices. Ray's choice of what he picks is escaping in small groups secretly won't win, I predict whoever chooses to break the promise will get their wish and war will break out but then it'll be resolved through the 7 walls

Norman has always been more open to doing things less discretely than Ray. You can see this in the escape where Norman does what Emma wants but Ray wants to play it safe. I feel like he'd carry Emma's influence on him;. he did say he wanted to be like her, right? So under the assumption he plays the same role Minerva was, he might want the war because he thinks it's the easiest way of actually freeing every single human rather than just sneaking a few once in a while. Which sounds like what Emma would want to do to me.
Now I definitely think Emma will take the seven walls but it'll be temporary, just a measure so their first group can find their way into safety at first but there is no way in hell she'd leave it at that. Leave masses of humans behind as sacrifice? I can't see her coming into conflict with Norman at all if he decides on war. Didn't she say she'd been ready to exterminate demons if needed be? I think she might not go for it at first, again, just a precaution but she wouldn't be opposed to it later on when time comes to get Phil and the others. Or even later, perhaps.
I don't see Ray opposing them very much either - he might not think it's ideal but he always gives in to his friends. It's ride or die together.

I wonder if we'll get a political arc because surely the two worlds don't want to go to war again and it would be a little more complicated than public news of a cattle human crossing over to the human world right? So would war really start because a few terroists being Emma's group shoot up a demon high school?

Well, it might not matter very much that Emma's group crosses over at first but if Norman gets the role to uphold the promise and deliberately breaks it, this means they're intending on actually destroying the facilities and freeing all the humans, right? In that case, I don't think anyone will wanna sit down and discuss the situaton. This means the demons literally get jack and Emma and her allies more than likely will kill a lot of them in order to achieve their goal. They're not involved in the politics, they'd just jump in the moment Norman gives them a signal. I don't think anyone really wants to go to war per se but if they get the short end of the stick, I doubt the demons will just wanna sit back and talk it out so war might break out anyway simply because they'll start attacking humans again.

That would depend in the state of the respective worlds. Let's say the humans in their side of the fence are going through a rough patch of lacking resources and are confident in their technology, then breaking the promise and going to war might end up being presented as a viable option. Hell, ethics might be enough by appealing to the fact they're wittingly stripping children of basic rights.
I'm pretty sure there are factions that are pushing for war in both societies anyway, similar to Sung Joo. They just need a reason good enough to convince the others.

>yfw the outside world of The Promised Neverland becomes Shingekinokyojin 2.0 and it turns out they just want to harvest fossil fuels and natural resources

Or we get a situation similar to the British Government and the 456 in Torchwood: Children of the Earth.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ml9MWzF2bpQ

Already seen a few nips comment that Minerva looks like Norman, I wonder if we'll get art soon?

I hear a lot about this Torchwood: children of the earth, is there any resolve that happens with the aliens? Like do the kids get freed or they stop giving them kids?

>soy
T-thanks, Emma.

So, what are the "Demons" actually? Nobody has still corrected the term even if they got surprised that the kids call them that way.

Are we heading to another retarded twist like "we were humans all along" or "you are the real demons" shit?

I'm honestly sick of everyone just calling the demons "them" surely Minerva knows what they're actually called and made sure the books about the demons at the shelter contain their actual name? Emma and Ray read those books so they should know what to call them and yet they still use demon

Didn't Sung-Joo say they "used" to be called that? Unless Niggastream fucked up, I didn't check the Viz version.

Cheap way to keep a mystery, same as Lucas has nor eason to talk or have inner thoughts about no name man calling him "my friend".

Yeah back during the pre-promise era as a generalization, it's not their actual species name and they later changed it.

Yeah but literally what kinda mystery is there about revealing the demons name? At least with nonames case his name could be something like Norman or Peter Pan, but what exactly do readers get out of learning the demonns real names are Zeptogazorpiangism's

What the hell is going on there

It's art of when Emma broke her leg.

The internet has ruined the word soy

You mean Sup Forums ruined the word soy, I don't know anywhere you'd expect people to say soyboy outside of Sup Forums

Will all the demons be kill by the end of the manga?

No, we will eventually see their view, and Emma will have to accept it, kind of how Ender understood the "Piggies" in Children of the Mind.

There's no dobut the "devils" are now painted in an evil nature from out point of view right now, but that could change if we get a broarder view of their whole society and maybe biology.

From startes I don't see why it's seen as "bad" to have human cattle for a different species. What's the difference from us having cows? only because humans are sentinent? That's way too self cetnered and egoistic, so I coudl see a point from the demons there.

Also I see the point if humans not wanting to be eaten, but, really, I see no real "evil" in here.

It doesn't matter if it's ethical or not, that's not the problem for Emma, I don't think. If it's unethical to kill sentient beings then she's already crossed the line when she attempted to straight up throw an axe at one of the aristocrats' faces. She's not really "different" from them and I think she realized this when she killed that bird to eat it.
I don't think her problem is that she doesn't "understand" their view, it's just that theirs contradicts hers. There's not really a right side in the end but that doesn't mean she's just gonna accept that her own race has to suffer for them, if that makes sense. She's already seen their view, it just crosses hers so she hates them. It's fair. Maybe they won't all die but I'm not sure that's gonna be because she sympathizes because it really doesn't look like she does. I would say it's not black or white, beliefs aren't right on either side, it's just that she's fighting for hers.

they ate her siblings. regardless of their reasoning, that is reason enough to want the system to end. Emma doesn't have to see their view and she's not in the wrong for feeling rage at them. her family died for their pleasure.

More than an ideology clash, it's her desire to live that conflicst with the demon's customs to eat humans.

Maybe the human world will ignore her plea if she ever reaches it, and I see two possible reactions here:

A) They wull give her a pat in the back "good job escaping, now go learn something useful and be a productive member of society, but don't pester us we don't want to go to war with the demons".

or

B) Reject her and all the numbered humans because they belong to the demons and show no simpathy for them, maybe they wull even try to give the group backl to the demons if that will avoid a new war, with the vbery reasonable argument that the promise was not broken by them, but by their own cattle.

I think the C) option of "hell yeah, wecolme, here have a tank let's go kick those demon's asses" is very unlikey, as we were shown in today's chapter by the betrayal on Minerva, as he himself was putting things in motion so the promise would be broken eventually.

Hopefully
>please don't eat us demons :(
>no we demons need to eat humans even though we don't actually have to in order to survive
>whoa whoa guys! As a member of the Ratri family I say you're both clearly in the wrong!
Honestly fuck the demons

But can you really imagine Emma just going
>well fuck the other kids guess we're living the good life on our own
because I really can't, that kind of goes against her ideology. Remember, she wants to live but she always puts others ahead of herself. When she cried in the first chapter, it was over her siblings, not her own possible future death. She was destroyed over Theo's family who she knew for only a few moments and this likely stems from the fact that she just thinks it's unfair that they have to die for their enjoyment.
I really do doubt the world will be on her side, no human wants to go to war with the demons. That's kinda why the promise was made in the first place. But I also don't think everyone will be of that opinion and whatever allies she can get, she can indeed create a revolution. Or begin one to the point where people have no choice but to fight back. I dunno, I just don't buy that she would be okay with letting hundreds upon hundreds of humans suffer the fate that she tried so hard to escape from.

raising animals that only eat,shit and fuck is the same as raising sentient beings, and tricking them that they are loved by their mamas, that will be part of a family someday just to become food at very early age? i know what you mean by "i dont see the evil in that" but both situations are nothing alike

What do you think the Seven Walls might be about since they're not simply a path to the human world? I was thinking that since one solution is upholding the status quo between humans and demons while the other is destroying it and causing a war, the Seven Walls might somehow be about getting humans and demons to cooperate peacefully.

>demon world wants to eat Emma and friends
>human world wants to reject Emma and friends
>the 7 walls is some sort of new future like dimension where demons and humans have to be on equal grounds
>Emma takes all the kids and leads them to the 7 walls
>Emma creates the Promised Neverland

THIS.
Understanding demons my ass. They don't NEED to eat humans, they do it out of their selfish pleasure. Musica has never eaten them and she is alive. Sung-Joo hasn't in years and he's fine. The demons even mentioned eating other meat.
Being sentient does matter because humans can realize their entire lives have been lies in their last moments and pigs can't. If pigs were sentient and realized this you bet your ass I would not eat them. If pigs were sentient and wanted revenge against humans for eating them when they could eat cows, would I blame them? Of course not. The demons are wrong, plain and simple and the only one I can excuse is Musica. The rest can fucking die.

So was Emma technically the promised neverland all along?

Why can't demons just create and eat lab grown human meat! They have the technology to use gene editing and create giga niggas like Adam, surely they can use an ethical alteenative like lab grown flesh

Calm down Emma.

I reckon that whatever the 7 walls is, is what was used to divide the worlds into two, the idea is for Emma to use it to create a third segment of the world where humans won't be eaten hence the promised neverland

Option B would be the most interesting one lorewise.

What if they're literally just SnK tier walls? And they don't really have any "space" to create land in?

Actually, Musica hinted at the demons not being quite the same as they were a thousand years go, so something else is going on there with human, demons and the promise.

Not him but Sung-Joo stopped eating since the promise, though. If it really killed them not to eat humans then he would've died before all that evolution took place. I also think they're just greedy.

Unless the humans on the other side, in order to keep their paceful way of life, ally with the demon's to suprress the revolution from the children of the farms.

I wonder if we are going Zardoz here and the farms children are now way smarter and stronger than the other humans dure to the selective breeding and the training, remember, mama's are the best of the best that are not eaten, we still need to know where papas seed comes from, but I'm sure it won't be from betas.

Will they be able to overthrow TWO societies?

>"if you want more information check marvins nest"
>Its a special reference only we orphans will get!
>Its the fucking drawer under the phone
Yeah im sure no one would ever think of checking that anyways. This scene was so daft i almost laughed.

inb4 Emma becomes a dictator after btfoing both species with her super special group of einsteins

So the difference is that they have feelinbgs that we can recognice easier than any other kind of animal? That's a cheap argument.

I agree with the psoters about Emma feeling rage, but , really, no side is Evil here.

Maybe the seven walls are the reason that there are demons and humans coexisting in the first place.

>series has a choose-your-own-ending with three different versions of the final volume

It's not really cheap, user. I don't think anyone is wrong but a farm animal simply cannot recognize that it was raised just to, well, die. Is it okay to eat them? Debatable, I'm no vegan. But their cognitive capacities are just not the same as a human's, that makes the human slaughter a lot more morbid.
Which isn't to say, hey, go torture animals. But you know what I mean.

What's the matter? if they ahve the means to eat what they want, what's stoopping them? those weak morals?

I woudl go full Hanibal if I had the means too. I wouldn't dobut to eat a being that was once sentinent if it was good enough.

That they can survive without it doesn't mean they didn't suffer any sequels to suddenly not having any human meat in the menu.
To be fair, though, that change might be due to another consequence of the Promise than just their eating habits.

They almost do that, Emma and the others are the premium meat.

I mean, Sung-Joo looks and acts fine.
But yeah, I'm guessing it's probably something else. Musica looks a lot more human than other demons, I wonder if that's what she means?

it's stupid, but I expect that the drawers to be empty and they have to think deepr at what "marvin's nest" actually is.

Well, of course its kinda pointless to debate right and wrong if you are w psychopath. Im not sure why would you even chime in.

t. tifari head demon

All this talk about the promise being broken makes me excited to see Sung Joo get btfo by some open carry redneck who shoots him in the eye after he does some twirly spear spins and some kinda "the strong eat the weak" 2deep4u speech