Puella Magi Madoka Magica

If they didn't bring back Charlotte as Bebe in Rebellion, which witch would have been a better choice to make into the mascot?

There wasn't one, that's why they used her. The only other mascot was QB who got the villain role, and they needed a non-villainous mascot.

Albertine, Elly, or Suileka.
Also Anja but she's a familiar.

They should have just not made Rebellion the movie it was. Yes, I am still salty about that ending. What a mess.

Say it with me, lads:

HOMURA
DID
NOTHING
WRONG

>Rebellion
Shitsucks. Sage.

I want to fuck Charlotte!

a better choice would be not make rebellion at all

me

I havent got around to watching Madoka Nagica yet but but that thing in the pic looks eerily like something out of the original Powerpuff Girls.

Get off this thread and watch it right now.

That's because it is

it was okay

There were some nice fight scenes and some scenes with really neat animation, but yeah otherwise it was a fanservice shitstorm.

The only good part of rebellion was seeing homulilly animated.

Walpurgisnacht

Charlotte is good girl actually

Rebellion is scientifically proven 10/10.

Rebellion wasn't awful

This.
Charlotte was acting purely in self defense.

Literally one of the biggest problems with the show is the fanservice
>It wasn't awful

well, we have Clara dolls

Next panel please

This is so pure

When is Suleika going to appear in something?

Even Albertine was fightable in the PSP game.

Ocktavia of course. If Sayaka had been shown using Octavia's powers earlier on it would've added a disturbing note that was much needed in that god-awful first half hour. Also would've provided more reasonable fuel for conflict with Homura.

>it would've added a disturbing note that was much needed in that god-awful first half hour.
t. brainlet with ADD who couldn't pay attention to the slightest details

>god-awful first half hour
the first half was literally the only good part

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God. I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Homu thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" lesbian magical girl, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a mahou shoujo movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Homufag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

My life is now complete

>the first half was literally the only good part

Nah, the last 15 minutes were.

Rebellion was the best thing to happen to the franchise.

Well, it was good that SOMETHING happened to the franchise.

>someone took the time to edit this pasta

This, but unironically.

Homura is a good girl who deserves love and eternal salvation.

If Homura deserves love and salvation, why does she admit that she doesn't? Checkmate.

I actually really enjoyed the first half hour, but I see what you mean

yurifags deserve contempt and suffering

She's extra hard on herself because she feels like she betrayed Madoka's trust by saving her at the end of Rebellion.

She's not actually evil, she just figures that only a devil would do something like that to something as pure as Madoka/LoC. Homura is a hero.

cake song did nothing wrong

>Fanservice Moe fuel was the best thing to make an already borderline franchise that used moe to trick no-life NEETs into watching a show with actual character and narrative into another fucking moe fanservice franchise

You're the devil

Reminder Madoka has a crush on Nakazawa.

>Rebellion is nothing but fanservice moe
guy who stopped watching a 1.5 hour movie after the first 20 minutes

No, she has a crush on __me__

Who?

Homura pls go

Rest assured, I am not Homura.

Homura isn't a hero. She's a tragic character because she deludes herself into a thinking she's a hero for being a villain. In actuality, she's not better than Sayaka. She just can't let go and allow Madoka to make her own decisions for herself. She believes she needs to protect Madoka, but in doing so, she destroys paradise.

Homura was the best character in the original show, but this reframing of her character kind of stains the original show because it's very premise must tear down the establishment of Madoka's sacrifice to rescue everyone else from suffering, and pollutes the purity of that sacrifice.

Sorry, but you won't fool me again. If you're not Homura, you must be Sayaka!

Nope, I get the point of the movie, I just hate it. See

Was supposed to reply to

If suleika gets stronger the darker it is, then does she also get sexier the darker it is?

Why do you accuse me of being people I am not? I'm just an user!

>She just can't let go and allow Madoka to make her own decisions for herself. She believes she needs to protect Madoka, but in doing so, she destroys paradise.
>Homura was the best character in the original show, but this reframing of her characte
That's not a reframing of her character. That's what her character has been from Day 1. Rebellion is the one and only logical conclusion to Homura's character progression. The anime ending was OOC for Homura because they ran out of show and needed to end it now.

If Homura didn't stop the incubators in Rebellion, they would have found a way to control the LoC and would have corrupted paradise in a much worse way themselves.

Homura gave everyone a second chance by sacrificing herself. She threw herself into her own personal hell, where the one person she devoted her life to is now a stranger.

Homura still ended the series ended in character. She never actually moved on, in fact she hated how things ended up, but she continued fighting because that's what she thought Madoka wanted.

>but she continued fighting because that's what she thought Madoka wanted.
And then she got a confession that Madoka wasn't happy being God and so took it upon her self to remedy the situation. She literally states this to the viewer in an internal monologue. She even says that she was being stupid for not having realized it sooner.

Homura has one and only one desire: Keep Madoka away from any and all mahou shoujo bullshit, forever. Compromising in this mission to any extent is impossible for her. If that requires rewriting the universe to un-delete Madoka from existence, so be it.

It wasn't out of character. Madoka took things into her own hands, and made a decision, so you might think this is her wresting control from Homura, but Homura resented letting her decisions harm Madoka. In fact, every time Homura tries to meddle, she gets Madoka in more trouble. The best thing that can happen for Homura is to be forced to give up control and let Madoka act for herself, but she's so far deep that she needs that last little push of being forced into the decision to actually embrace that decision. Even when Madoka is just a memory to her, she still misses Madoka, but Homura has to accept things at the end of the series. The movie then regresses her and then some. It's almost implied that she became a witch because of her giving into the despair that she will never be able to control things enough to keep Madoka as her friend. The problem is, she never does get to keep Madoka as her friend. By embracing the decision to steal away Madoka's sacrifice, she not only invalidates Madoka's decision, but she does it to an unsatisfying end. Madoka is no longer her friend. She fears Homura. And thus, she has destroyed paradise by attempting to bend fate to her will.

So no, she's not a hero, but she could have been, and yes, her character regressed for the sake of the plot of the movie.

>but Homura has to accept things at the end of the series.
Homura didn't spend 100 aborted timelines across 14 years of not-life in unsuccessful attempts to save Madoka from contracting, to just roll over and take it on the 101st. Her unwavering and yandere-ish commitment to give Madoka a normal life (at any cost) is literally the only thing she has left.

The first 30 minutes are fanservice incarnate untill we got into the plot when Humura noticed that something was off.

If the first 30 minutes of the film didn't clue you into the fact that something was terribly wrong before Homura noticed in-story, you weren't paying attention to the film.

Even disregarding the original series (where she is absolutely a hero), Homura is a hero just for averting pic related. They would have corrupted paradise in a far more abominable way than Homura ever could. Homura only wanted to save Madoka from her fate again at any cost, the incubators actively want to inflict suffering, which would be eternal and inescapable if they got control of Madoka and the Law of the Cycles.

You would literally rather all of the girls be tortured for eternity than for Homura to fulfill her wish (and the wish she perceived from Madoka in the flower garden). She was and still is the only thing capable of protecting Madoka.

QB genocide when?

But she fails, even in the end. In fact, a wish being made for self-sacrifice only turning out to be unfulfilling is a theme of the show. Kyoko and Sayaka both find themselves regretting their wishes, and Homura should be regretting hers if she's aware of the situation, while Mami and Madoka only regret becoming Magical Girls, since their wishes were self-serving originally. Madoka is the only one who was able to change this in the end by making the most tremendous of wishes; though it brought pain to those who lived her, in the end it saved them. That was the resolution of the show. Then the movie says, "Psych!" and decides to make Madoka's wish meaningless in the grand scheme of things as Homura steals paradise.

Again, Homura is not a hero.

Ironically, the only reason the Incubators pursued research on the LoC was because Homura told them about witches.
Now.

>That was the resolution of the show. Then the movie says, "Psych!" and decides to make Madoka's wish meaningless in the grand scheme of things as Homura steals paradise.
First, this is a Gen Urobochi show. What on Earth made you think it would have a Good End? Second, Homura's edited universe is still better than the original universe pre-Madoka's wish, since there aren't witches anymore. Magical girls are still killing wraiths instead of witches, which means that there's enough of the law of cycles still functioning to save girls from despair.

Clara dolls

Who YachIro here?

no

>What on Earth made you think it would have a Good End?
>Homura dying
>Kyubey free to just keep trying until he succeeds
>Good end

I hope people realize Rebellion was the good end to the story that had just preceded it.

An evil mind wouldn't wish for this.

The problem here is that Homura's unwillingness to let go of Madoka is the very reason this happened. The very embodiment of the witch she becomes is despair at not having control while actively seeking more control.

I thought it would turn out Warlprogisnaught would be Homura after her giving into despair, and looping through time to wreak havok on the people that she loved, lashing out at those who refused to do as she willed and in the process causing the events that led to her descent in the first place. In the end, it turned out to be a random person we don't know. Kinda confusing, but it still doesn't invalidate the themes that trying to think you're strong enough to change fate without losing yourself is naiive.

Hello, police?

We're off to the witch
We may never, never, never, come home
But the magic that we'll feel
Is worth the lifetime

>Better characters
>Better ships
>Better story

Why do people still talk about this almost decade old bullshit when we have a much better expansion in the franchise than any shit Edge Urobutcher could produce?

I'm the guy who's been saying Homura isn't a hero. This is actually a pretty decent point, but I get the feeling it's incidental to Homura's decision to take control away from Madoka.

Except the Kyubey would still be in the dark about what was going on with the Law of Cycles if Homura didn't run her fucking mouth about it.

>be new transfer student
>just returned home to nihon after spending several years in murrica
>classmates won't stop being nosy
>creepy dark-haired girl gets them to fuck off and asks to take a walk
>do so, try to make smalltalk to make things less awkward
>all of the sudden, creepy girl starts asking a bunch of oddly personal existential philosophy questions
>what the fuck, bitch, I'm in 8th grade
>things get hazy, did she drug me?
>come back to myself and now this bitch is hugging me tight and crying all over me
>swears that one day she'll become my enemy
>now she's putting shit in my hair
>wtf
what do?

well she did run her mouth off about it, so the point is moot, and if you don't think that they wouldn't figure it out on their own eventually I have a bridge to sell you

Protecting Madoka from herself doesnt exclude protecting Madoka from external threats.

They didn't do anything about it in the 20,000 years of human history, but just so happened to do it after a girl tells them about witches and the LoC? The Incubators said they don't do things out of curiosity, so Homura's story to QB is what motivated the Incubators to do research on the LoC because they thought the witch system was not only possible but profitable.

Sayaka i know it's you. Your sword stance is whack, pls go.

[x] Genuflect

I had a feeling this was actually you, Homura. You need to learn to respect others.

>Homura is a hero
Are you implying that Akemi Homura wa Yusha de aru?

It doesn't matter if Kyubey finds out next year or in 20000 more, the end result is the same.

The point is he wouldn't have without Homura didn't tell him everything.

>AHoYu
Is this bullying? This is bullying.

>next movie ends with mami kicking homuras gay ass out of this existence

would this save this series?

No because power creep is cancer
>Look under your meguca seats! You get godhood! And YOU get godhood! And YOU get godhood! EVERYBODY'S getting godhood!

That's a gross underestimation of the intellectual capabilities of the Incubators.

>powercreep is cancer
>except for homura because she's my favorite

nice double standards fagtron
also who said anything about godhood? mami-san is capable with just her normal magical girl skills

But Homura doesn't love Madoka.

Homura isn't powercreep because she got boosted by time travel karma bullshit same as Madoka did. Additionally, the existence of power creep isn't carte blanche to go full retard with it and not you know, stop before you get even further behind.

She was literally powered up by her love. None of that karma shit was mentioned.

Gargantia had a good end

After years of careful consideration, I have deicded that Madoka Magica would be a better show overall if it was the more standard version of mahou shoujo depicted in the first 30 minutes of Rebellion.