Sword Art Online: Progressive

What's the difference between the Original and Progressive? I've been playing through Hollow Realization and I went to go back to read the source material and came across this. Is it a reboot or a "What If" scenario?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dd6i_HfJBzU
taptaptaptaptap.net/sao-qna-yui-asuna/#asu
taptaptaptaptap.net/sao-qna-sinon-leafa-yuuki/#lyf
wordgear.x0.com/novel/novelcgi8/diary.cgi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's rewrite of the entire Aincrad story arc. Going through each of the floors by far. Though it's going as slow as you'd expect given they're still at floor 5th floor and the next volume at 6th floor supposedly.

>What's the difference?
The black swordman now wear beige pants.

Haven't read it, but I heard it's very smug.

Original LN was 74th floor to end with flashbacks. This one is everywhere else.

there are over 100 floors if I'm not mistaken in aincrad. That sounds like it'll be a doozy.

Volume 5 soon

It's not a "what if" scenario, and it's not really a reboot either. It's a filling in of time skipped. Originally volume 1 started with them at the 74th with a flashback to the day they were trapped, then concluded with them defeating Kayaba after the 75th floor was cleared and being freed from SAO. That leaves two years of events not covered, except in short stories, or in passing mentions. Progressive is intended to fill in that missing material, and tell the story of how they cleared those previous floors, defeated those previous bosses, various other dramas, etc. There will probably be a few retcons along the way, but the series isn't intended to replace existing canon, or be a separate thing from it. At least for now.

>Originally volume 1 started with them at the 74th with a flashback to the day they were trapped
*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yup, that's me. Y'all are probably wondering how I got here.

It's 100 floors, with the last 10 or so being normal sized floors on the crimson castle.

Read this part:

Goddamnit I read that in Kirito's dub voice

Asuna has some nice thighs

The real question is, will Progressive end up inserting gameverse characters into the story? I would love that.

Not just tights.

The bloopers really stuck didn't it?

Yeah. I think I'll actually give the dub a try.

Yeah honestly? The sun wasn't too bad. The best part is Asuna though (for me), Cherami Leigh did great.

Dub I meant dub. FFS autocorrect.

Btw has Ordinal Scale been dubbed yet? You think we might get OS bloopers too?

Yes it has been dubbed and I sure do hope that they release bloopers. Even if it's not in the BDs, in a panel or something.

Something about this being an offical Asuna nipple does more to my dick than all the doujins I've read

Hopefully

will be weird with how the relation betwen asuna and kirito is in progressive they tolerate each other and even they get smug , but in the sao ln they hate each other (well asuna does hate kirito) also the kirito dead party part, how asuna is gonna become sub captain , its gonna be a long ride

For anyone who has read the Alternative GGO novels, are they Kino?

They're great

Given the first chapter of Aincrad is the only thing he ever wrote that wasn't dogshit, I feel offended he's replacing that by literal garbage.

I've fapped to that nipple so many times

>finally decide to look up what portuguese breakfast means
Jesus Christ I never even knew that was a thing. Thanks SAO Bloopers.

I don't really know any major difference plot-wise, but I find both Asuna and Kirito infinitely more likeable in Progressive than they do in the show.

>portuguese breakfast
God I didn't expect that at all.

Makes me wonder if there is a doujin with the characters doing a portuguese breakfast

In a separate timeline where the Japs watched the dub bloopers and made some.

Makes me wonder if there are any videos desu

I wonder if A-1 will also adapt the Progressive series as well.

I guess it could happen if the franchise stays popular but it would be pretty long wouldn't it?

Very long given how they're only at the 6th floor in Progressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=dd6i_HfJBzU
The new Fatal Bullet trailer has been translated and there is some very interesting dialog in here.

Very interesting. Also nice triple dubs.

Asuna is a semen demon

>Her boobs are getting bigger
Man she's ready to be a Mama

Is it me or is this game going to be darker than even Hollow Fragment?

They could do what they should've done since the start: 1 episode per floor.

This is. They have actual characters that might very well die given the dialogue.

They better not force us to choose between Kureha and Zeliska.

>In order to make you mine I'll even become the Devil
Has Itsuki been watching too much Madoka Magica?

I think he's talking to Arfa-sys.

You just know the big choice at the end of the game is going to make you choose between the two of them

I'd be so sad

>ASADA-SAN ASADA SAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!
Oh boy here we go. I hope there is a section where we play in the real world and beat this shithead up

Fingers crossed or at least a cutscene

Her body was built for rape

Kirito and Asuna aren't shit characters for one thing.

Took him long enough

Abec's art is improving so much, I love it.

Her boobs look almost as big as Sugu's I think

Do we have a date for when the next main SAO Volume will come out? I'm really curious as to what the next arc will be about.

I want to main series to die already so that Kawahara can focus on Progressive instead.

Maybe the next arc won't be as long. Perhaps 4-5 novels long. If it is that then I'd be real happy

Alicization was the final arc in the Web Novel so it was ridiculously long to be final story, but now it's no longer the last arc, so whatever story comes after needs to be as least as long or as big in scale as Alicization was.

My memory of the Phantom Bullet arc is hazy, was there ever a stolen NerveGear as part of the plot? Or is this perhaps related to the OC Donut Steel storyline?

I think it's part of OC Donutsteel's story

The NerveGear was entirely uninvolved in PB's plot. Part of the point of the arc was to fully establish that the Amusphere was a noticeable downgrade from the NerveGear that was chock full of safeties. Not only was it impossible for the Amusphere to fry your brain, a bunch of other possible things were guarded against. Thus no NerveGears were used, everyone used Amuspheres.

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how the Donut Steel story plays out. I'm genuinely quite intrigued by it.

Hmm, I don't know if it needs to be that long to be honest. I don't want him to have an SAO burnout

>I don't want him to have an SAO burnout
Same here, it would suck if he grew tired of his own most popular series. However he does have Accel World and that Isolator series he's working on, so it's not like he's working on SAO 24/7.

I also hope Isolator gets more popular since it's one of the best starts he's had out of the 3.

That line is so gay when the male OC is there.

Definitely more interested in it than playing as some edited character everyone still considers Kirito.

I'll be playing as a cute girl so he's going to sound like a possessive boyfriend for me

Choose

They will probably have a big fight/discussion around floor 25, when KoB formed, Kayaba appeared and Kirito deciding to go solo and maybe meeting Klein along the way.

They already confirmed that they're gonna adapt SAO in its entirety, so why the fuck not.

>adapt SAO in its entirety
I want my gameverse anime goddamnit. Girls like Philia, Strea and Premiere deserve more attention from the fans

The childhood friend because they never win unless the player chooses them to

They're both pretty sexy desu

More smug soon

In the web novel, Asuna and Sugu had the exact same chest size. Not a single cm more or less.

the smugness is what sold it to me

Zeliska has nice cleavage but Kureha has a very cute belly

I demand proof. For science.

Asuna
taptaptaptaptap.net/sao-qna-yui-asuna/#asu

Leafa/Sugu
taptaptaptaptap.net/sao-qna-sinon-leafa-yuuki/#lyf

Both are 82.

Asuna is perfect then

>Who is your greatest rival in love?
>There aren't any
Oh how naive Asuna is. She totally wasn't ready for Alice at all.

>Zeliska will continue to exist forever in GGO
What, is it another AI again?

I'm thinking her brain gets scanned and becomes an AI, Kayaba style. Speaking of, it'll be interesting if his AI ghost thing shows up since the NerveGear is now a plot point

wordgear.x0.com/novel/novelcgi8/diary.cgi

you can read most of the second half of the web novel version of progressive 5 right now. he already took down the first half. I saved it though so I could probably upload it later.

But Alice couldn't beat her either

heres a map of the 6th floor from the web novel

Doubt it. Zeliska also has an Arfa-Sys, so if he was, why not go after that one?

Also, since Itsuki has a bed scene, it just gives it more weight that he was talking about OCMC.

I wonder how if dialog or events will be different if the player chooses to bed Itsuki. I mean his words at the end of the trailer really makes it sound like he wants to the MC for himself in a very romantic sense. His character has certainly gotten a lot more interesting.

The Alternative GGO novels in nyaa are okay or should i get them from another place?

Nice

We still have an arc to go, Alice might achieve to be a part of a harem ending at the very least.

Just go to novel updates

Not the user you replied to, but when I went to Novel updates to check SAOA:GGO, the first Volume has around 29% of people rating it 1/5. Is it that bad?

The only reason they do is because of the SAO in the title. People hate anything related to SAO

That makes sense, I guess I assumed those who hate SAO know nothing about its spinoffs. You think a lot of people would just move on by now. It almost feels like people have a crusade against the series itself which is both funny and sad.

I personally find it amusing when they spout off random shit about the series.

I can see the appeal. I do find it funny when it's easy to tell when someone is just regurgitating what a few anime youtubers that I shall not name are saying.