Houshin Engi

Can we have a thread that lasts more than 30 posts? Why is this series so overlooked in the West? I know the reboot hasn't had the best start but even before that the manga was literal who tier despite being popular in Japan.

And here I thought Sup Forums would be all over Dakki.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X0-ljPPZis0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Moomin bro?

>new Moomin anime
Picked up.

That's literally Moomin though

How did they get away with this

>Why is this series so overlooked in the West?
It's too chinky.

>more than 30 posts
Lurk more, airing day threads are more than 30 posts usually.

Awesome, I love Moomin.

I tried watching it and thought I was watching a chinese attempt at shounen. It barely made any sense--well, okay, it made sense, I know enough about chinese kung-fu movies to recognize whats goin' on, but every scene was disjointed as all fuck like it was just a speedwatcher skipping through entire arcs on fast forward. All in all moomin/10, at least the MC doesn't wear a fucking orange jumpsuit or scream all his lines.

This is what happens when you try to adapt an entire volume in one episode. It never works.

Ep 3 thread died before it even hit 40.

Well shit, I took another look and apparently its shorter than I remembered.

It isn’t popular because there aren’t many waifus, and the few girls in the series look like literal shit

The pacing of the anime is too fast, reminds me of Ushio to Tora. Just read the manga.

It's based on a classic Chinese novel.

MC is unironically one of the best shounen protagonists. He's meant to be clever and uses tricks and strategy to beat people, but episode 1 did a shitty job at showing it. He really does go straight for the big bad right off the bat because he thinks he can outsmart her and is proven wrong, they basically cut out all the meat from their first meeting (he originally had her sister hostage).

Wait, excuse me for living under a rock but.

What the fuck, there's a new Houshin Engi?

How is this compared to the old one?

No waifus

>and the few girls in the series look like literal shit

You take that back faggot.

>finding those scumbags even remotely charming or cute

Kek

More faithful to the manga but they only got 23 episodes so the pacing is fucked. On the bright side ep 3 was actually much better than the first two episodes so it may not be a total disaster.

Are the visuals and music fine, though? If those are good, I can totally go for another ride

I thought Ushio to Tora was considered a decent adaptation. Was it rushed too?

The actual animation is not that impressive but everything else about the visuals are actually really nice that I don't mind it too much. The backgrounds are especially great. The music's fine, sometimes really good. Iuchi Maiko is the composer if you're familiar with them.

The new anime is horrible. Wait two decades for another remake.

Also if you're a seiyuufag it has a good cast. Different from the old anime but still good, lots of popular seiyuu.

The anime has barely given us enough Dakki. It's all about shoving in Bunchuu and Hiko whenever possible.

semen demon

gif/webbum? stitch?

Especially in the case of Houshin Engi. Compared to most shounen manga, Houshin Engi has a shit ton of things going on in each of its early volumes. It's only in the latter volumes that you have easily skipable stuff.

Aw shit, thanks, user. I'm actually kinda happy I can go back to this!

Dakki is amazing. However, just like Taikoubou, the anime isn't showing you just what makes her so amazing. Maybe we'll get the hamburger next episode, but given what has already happened it will only serve to show her cruelty, not how smart she is about said cruelty.

Hope you enjoy it user. If you haven't read the manga I recommend it, too. It's really great.

Hamburger should definitely be next episode considering the preview shows Dakki coming at Hakuyuukou with a knife, the real question is where is Ki Shou? Are they just going to say Dakki's had him captured this whole time?

Probably. Bunchu had to go away on episode 2 because Dakki had already killed one of the four kings, suggesting the party already happened. Either they say she already has him captured or they show it as a very brief flashback.

Do you think there will be a second cour OP? The first OP apparently doesn't come out until May.

It'd be weird if there wasn't one, probably one with visuals that push Fugen even more.

what a terrible adaptation.

Haven't seen anyone mention it but doesn't this basically confirm it's going past the Sennin War? Going by the trend of flashforwards this should be when Tenka is going to fight Chuuou.

Don't know. I hope not. I'm hoping the anime can get to an okay pacing once it's done with the set-up. If it's going past the Sennin war, it's going to be shitty all the way.

who actually watches this trash

Anyone who waifus Dakki-chan, mostly.

I don't see how you get that from that image alone?

I can't stop, user. I need to see how bad they mess up my favorite manga.

I'm a big fan of the original, and i always watch adaptations of things i've read.

needs more dakki

Anyone have a DLL for the manga? I own the first 7 volumes from VIZ but can't really afford the rest.

Because it matches the scene from the manga of him going to Chouka in the middle of the night. There is no other point in the manga he goes there. And if you look closely his waist area is colored white (at that point his waist is bandaged).

I dropped it because episode one kept moving at a lightning pace.

I see you asking for 3rd time. In 6 days i'll get to my PC and i gonna make you one unless some user does this first

I don't remember much from the original anime but I enjoy it. I hate the opening though.

Then why'd you post Youzen?

I think a stitch was in the threads, check the archive.

The old anime was mediocre and this reboot is complete shit, of course no one would bother talking about it.

Have some self respect, read the manga.

But Nataku is my waifu.

That's why I said "mostly".

>doesn't make sense
>character design looks like ass
>everyone has yaoi hands
>no action
>retarded mascot character
That's just what I got from the ten minutes I watched before I dropped it, it was one of the worst first episodes ever.

You guys told me to drop it and read the manga.

The pacing is fucked up. And not that it has to do with most of the content, but the opening of the 90s adaptation was way better.

Excuse you, he is clearly a snork.

>doesn't make sense
The pacing might have been bad but they literally spell out the plot for you. It's not the anime's fault you can't pay attention.

And Suupuu isn't a mascot character.

I dont understand how people can seriously say this. Unless you just seriously hate any song that has even a bit of electronic roots in it and that makes an opening irredeemable, the visuals are on point. Especially since that's the one single good point to this show and they capitalize on it, I'm a fan of it

wait what?! There is a new anime?!

The original manga had gorgeous artstyle but it trully was a sausage fest.

Next episode thread we should have a Youtube dubber contest to find a song that works better.

youtube.com/watch?v=X0-ljPPZis0

the designs are stupid

The first 2 episodes were a complete disaster. I couldn't carry on after that.

I respectfully disagree. Also shit taste.

Is that a Grunty?

Su-su

Is he a trap?

There's no value in the anime, the manga is already a classic

Man, I love the original song. It also surprisingly works with those visual, most of them at least.

No, he's a shapeshifter that likes turning into Dakki a bit too much.

Fans of the original? I am one of them. Great fun!

Dakki is definitely one of the best Jump heroine.

Every time I re-read the manga and just more questions come to mind because I can't never get a hold of her thinking at all. Taikoubo must feel the same.