I'm about to start reading this, is it any good?

I'm about to start reading this, is it any good?

No

It's pretty good. That's it.

I liked it a lot. It's got pretty interesting fights imo. It also helps that it was monthly and so the chapters don't feel really short. If you want to watch the anime do it after reading the manga. They end it like halfway through the story.

black star is a trash character

It was my first anime so I liked it at the time

It's good, but sadly the anime got the short end of the stick because they had to bullshit halfway through. Not to mention the monstrosity that should have been a sequel but got turned into a slice of life anime named 'Soul Eater NOT!'. It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't hype it up like it was going to be some big sequel years later.. Also a lot of people didn't like the ending, not because of the ending itself; but because the mood was killed with a boob joke so there's that.

The boob stuff was weird and I have seen complaining about it but it didn't take away from the ending for me. I didn't even remember it until I saw someone bring it up. Soul Eater is up there for me as favorite manga ending I think. The last two pages are a perfect way to end.

Blair is still hot even after all these years. My first fap to 2D and I have not once looked back to 3D

Yeah man, she's hot as fuck.

A cat is fine too..

So why do people think a threesome happened with Blair, Maka and Soul? Cause if it did, that's hot

Pic related I imagine. I don't remember thinking that when first reading it though.

The first half of it is great, but then after the point where the anime ends it slowly dives into the depths of manga hell

Nah it keeps being pretty good. The part where the anime ends being your cutoff point is pretty arbitrary and kind of suspicious to me. The battle with the Kishin I thought was good and the ending is much better even with the boob stuff. There's also several characters that I don't think are ever introduced in the anime.

Overall decent
but the ending was shit

I tend to feel like rerading. Then I remember BlackStar exists and search for something else to read. How can a character be so shit that it ruins a series full of great characters like Maka, Stein, Justin, etc?

It wasn't that bad.

Could have done without the boob stuff but that doesn't detract from everything else.

Only anime Black Star is shit, manga Black Star has an actual character arc.

It's one of my favourite shonen. The fights and characters are both solid and the plot is more or less alright until the endgame. It also has a really cool and distinct aesthetic that almost never shows up in battle manga.

What was the boob joke?

They just constantly bring up boobs in the last chapter. Maka notices Marie's and Blaire's, Kid squeezes Liz's and Patty's, and Black Star sees his weapon bathing in a lake naked. It's just really strange and I don't know why it was included. Kid seems to think it (the obsession) was caused by the moon in some way. Pic related was a legitimate 2 page spread in the last chapter of the manga.

Characters interactions are pretty nice, the setting is great, there's even nice character development.
However in terms of power-ups, i always liked the first ones, most of the power-ups i just consider a downgrade design wise.
Later on they introduce unmemorable characters to be part of the main cast.
And while i don't consider the ending that shit, it just feels straight the end of an arc.

Still a nice read.

Crona's madness wavelength as a Kishin causes the "madness of boobs" as a cheap joke on the other madness types. It's weird as fuck and is then immediately dropped.

Immediately dropped like 10-15 pages before the end of the series.

I felt it fit the tone of the series fairly well to end with a stupid joke like that. Plus it's the in-universe excuse for everyone to fuck at some point after the end.

>That implied threesome with Maka, Soul, and Blair.
>Soul and Maka still don't FUCKING KISS or say I love you.
shit man throw me a goddamn bone.
They're the perfect "bad boy and good girl" couple.

Soul's not a bad boy. He's a pretentious rich boy trying his absolute best to be a bad boy and kinda more or less hitting genuine relaxed
coolguy by the end.

Also, Maka solves problems with boxing too readily to qualify as "good girl". She's more an abnormally violent nerd.

Yeah that is pretty disappointing now that I think about it. Especially with there being so much implied between them. But at least that's there and it's not just all tension. I'm pretty sure I remember them even going on "dates" at some points.

Where do i find better scans? a lot of chapter that i found looks like shit

Nope, not really. They held hands at least once, though and the series repeatedly plays up the similarities between weapon/meister pairs and dating (for comedy or otherwise), but Ohkubo never really crosses the line. I don't see them as either, really. More than friends but not quite lovers, you know?

I liked the relationship between the cute witch and that nerd boy

Same as what happened to Deadman wonderland. Another good manga worth a read

Soul Eater's a pretty solid read.

top-tier aesthetic
good world-building
decent/mediocre character writing
shitty plot writing

anime had a good ost, baby scandalous