What happened to Hot-blooded anime protagonists?

What happened to Hot-blooded anime protagonists?
Seems like most MC's have recently been boring, bland and uninteresting.

>Hot-blooded anime protagonists
so you mean every shounen protagonist ever?
Being a hot-blooded protagonist is literally of the most generic shit you can find.

You won't find any discussion on this here because Sup Forums itself is full of soy now.

one of the most*

>Hot-blooded
What about hot-blooded and hot?

>Being a hot-blooded protagonist is literally of the most generic shit you can find.
Nah, the most generic MC that exists is the weak willed and spineless MC that has no self confidence. Look at Hiro from Darling of the Franxx.

This is why I like Okabe Rintarou and Yukihara Souma.

If with hot blooded you mean energetic and manly, yeah, they're gone, traps and losers are the new trend

Most are poorly written, with the exception of the main man himself kamina, bad ass leader of team gurren

This. If you're going to complain about bland and uninteresting MCs, don't go asking for another variant of bland and uninteresting MCs. Come on.

Souma is exactly the kind of generic shounen MC we're talking about. He has about as much personality and individuality as your typical harem lead.

Kamina isn't even the MC, why is he part of this thread at all?

>Okabe
>hot blooded
I mean, he wasn't a pussy but he doesn't come across as wild and fearless warrior at all either.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Just watch Black Clover.

>recently
You mean since the 80s? I can't remember it being that common. But I don't watch a lot of shounen shit that would be likely to have it.
Doesn't the fag from Black Clover count?

That is just retardation

>HURRR DURRR I WANT MUH MC TO BE BADASS FUCK BITCHES GIVES NO FUCKS LIKE DUKE NUKEM DURRR

You just can tell the people who always whine about "bland spineless MC" are typical murrifats.

self-inserting

Kek, this guy is copy and paste Shinji
There’s worse out there

Because spineless mcs are giant beta fags. It's why people don't like you.

Why does an MC have to be either hot-blooded or beta?
Come to think of it what we really need is more chill alpha MC's like Mushishi.

You'll get more Eren soon moron

Eren is the sad case of the cross-breed beta fire-blood. He tries very hard and acts very tough but is utterly impotent and he knows it.

Its called chuunibyou, and it isn't generic. Its cool.

The worst kind of MC are the stock cardboard cutouts, who look like this, have no personality, no voice but a harem of bitches lusting for their cock. Essentially vacant self insert slots for the jap audience. At least weak and beta characters have traits, dudes who look like this just suck my soul out within 5 minutes of listening to their shit internal monologues.

Hot blooded there's plenty what set up Kamina apart was his confidence. Besides Kamina and Spike what other Confident Mcs are there?

>posting ttgl shit

jajajajaja

Are there any hot blooded magical girl shows

What kind of guy isn't hot blooded by doing something fearless like this
>dripping blood from a bullet wound in the leg
>Mayuri and Suzuha are gone
>while surrounded by StratFor agends on Radio Kaikan tower he gives a motivational shonen MC tier speech

>I WANT ALL MUH MCs TO BE SO ALPHA

Why don't you go back to Gaia/MAL/ANN Forums, child? Being humanly cautious, feeling scared and not trying to get into trouble does not equal "spineless" or "beta". Once you grow up, you'll understand why there are different kinds of personalities and protagonists. But until then, do go back to ANN to reminisce about how Toonami was the shit and how old anime are oh-so-superior (they're not).

The vast majority of the time he's just kind of a geeky autist that gets pushed around by girls. When i think of hot-blooded characters I think of someone who's personality is constant aggression and initiative.

Because beta soyboy cucks can't self-insert as alphas. We need to redpill the nips.

ITT: Underage b&

That's because no protagonist can match the manly awesomeness of the mighty KAMINA

I hope Japan keeps making anime with these "beta" protagonists so Sup Forumsturds like you can drop anime altogether.

Kamina was an obnoxious dudebro who I'm glad kicked the bucket. Always preferred Simon since episode 1 in 2007.

>Its called chuunibyou
No, it's not.

> it isn't generic.
Yes, it is.

>Its cool
No, it's not.

I'd rather not, because the anime industry will eventually devolve into yurishit. Thats what would happen with Shinji Ikari tier MC's, people would have had enough and decide to move on.

Hot blooded MC's with chuunibyou personalities is more interesting than anything you prefer.

Yukiteru Amano type protagonists are more generic, and are far too plentiful in the anime.

This is what betas are like

Get the fuck back to .

Stop using that word. You don't know what it means.

How about you post some actual good MC like Ryouma, Gai or Kouji Kabuto instead of this piece of turd?

I know what chuunibyou is, its described as "8th grade syndrome" usually with characters pretending to have super powers or other imaginary things. Many characters are like this in Shokugeki no Souma.

His death was the only reason I dropped the show

You people who say this shit know that you haven't seen the whole series.. And it's from the makers of TTGL.

>it's from the makers of TTGL
No, it's not, you fucking retard.

No, in Shoukugei no Souma they actually have superpowers. People with chuunibyou try to emulate characters like those in SnS, but the characters themselves don't have it unless they are specifically portrayed as having it. Otherwise they are just acting like anime characters, which is cringy in real life by the norm in their universe.

Trigger formed from Gainax.. Trigger is partly behind Franxx including Imaishi as animation director. It has ttgl blood.

By that logic, every single anime character in existence has super powers simply because they have plot armor preventing them from getting a death flag.

Many characters in Shokugeki no Souma, how they act, would be considered cringy IRL.

Gon Freecs > This virgin retard faggot.

Gon would have saved the multiverse in five episodes if he had lagann.

Simon was the guy who did all the leg work and ended up manlier than kamina.

And no, Guts is still the undisputed manly badass.

devilman, you fuck

But it's not in real life. It's in the world of manga, and in manga that's normal.

Like the actual protagonist of TTGL?

Did we watch the same anime?

Seems like you just don't watch good shows user.

>Complains about Main Characters
>Posts Secondary character
???
The better question is what happened to cool older brother characters. They've completely disappeared.

Then you will love Shinka no Mi.
MC Starts as a fat smelly loser with no friends.
Whole school is transported/killed put in a new world.
Before been teleported god tells them to form groups.
They form 2
Whole school group 1
Him group 2
School get summoned to a kingdom as heros.
He gets put in a forest where he will probably die. But god gives him a skill to get every thing of stuff he kills.

That's how it starts. Its a strong start even could become a great revenge story.
But it turns to shit.
He wonders around for a while eating fruits of evolution that make him look like a idol/really fucking hot/OP STRONG when he kills stuff.
So his uglyness and smell goes.
He gets attacked and will die but he smells so bad he ends up killing it with smell. It a comedy so its ok.
Now he turns strong. Kills more stuff becomes op and its still the start.
He then gets a gorilla for a wife. And they ruin it by making her turn in to a hot chick in 3 chapters.
Then he builds a harem of 5-7 chicks.

Worst of all he does not want revenge at all he does not care. He just wants to meet up with the people who left him for dead and say hi I guess.
He also has 1 charterer trait that is he over reacts to every thing in his own head. Not kidding that it he is bland as I think is possible

And there’s this kid trying really hard to be special.

The movie version of this scene literally gave me a hardon

ROW ROW

FUCK the UNFUCKABLE ROW ROW

It's better when the protagonist is a sarcastic but kind everyman with a bunch of hotblooded friends.

>what set up Kamina apart was his confidence
That was all a facade. He said that he was constantly unsure of himself and agonizing over what to do in his head, but acted haughtily and impulsively to make people have confidence in him. He believed in Simon more than he believed in himself.

>Simon was the guy who did all the leg work and ended up manlier than kamina.
Kamina himself admitted that.

It depends on whether the MC is a child, teen, or an adult. Adult characters tend to have at least a little confidence, and enough history to have a fully fleshed-out character to build on. Children and teens are still developing, so they're not always going to be Chads. Like sure, there are going to be spineless adult characters too, but they tend to at least have a reason for it. And even so, it's just an opportunity for the character to grow or develop. If you want more "hot-blooded" MCs, consider watching Tiger Mask, or some other action-oriented show.

Is there something wrong with wanting that? Manly men are great

He also basically says Simon is why he never gives up because even at times were he is shitting his pants and about to panic and run he sees Simon working his ass looking worried as fuck trying to get them out of the situation.
They propped each other up.

You actually like spineless MC's? You're not tired seeing one in the mirror?

Is there something wrong with liking those kinda characters? I mean who doesn't enjoy watching Arnold or Stallone to kick some ass

Spineless MC's are fine along as they grow and improve them self.
If they build a harem and get every thing by been a indecisive useless whiny cunt it gets old fast.

>too pussy to confess

plenty of shonen trash with annoying yelling retards
next

Yeah, of course, that goes without saying. One good example other than Simon is Kei Kurono in Gantz. Started out a pathetic horny spineless cunt but turned out great later on.

Man, Yukiteru was a whiny bitch but at least he was a solid example of why whiny bitches suck. He got manipulated for almost the entire runtime.

The only Spineless MC I like is Ibitsu MC.
He was slowly become a man from a huge wreck of a human.
Then in the end He is a broken waste
God I wish they had one more chapter where the girl is paralyzed or crippled or amputated so he has a real doll forever.

This, that all need to die.

I actually like shounen MC, it's that shounen's plot is often trash

>boring, bland and uninteresting.
I guess the audience feels threatend by a supperior MC so instead they need someone to look down on?

Why can't more mc be like Spider-Man, not to tough acting but not too wimpy either.

Devilman has the best protagonist of the decade.
Funny that he's actually from the 70s though.

Kabaneri had a pretty cool MC too, too bad the plot demanded him to act like a retard several times.

If he was absolutely overpowered it would be boring though. And during the first two seasons of snk we saw him when he had just acquired his powers.
He's as impotent as you say but eventually he recognizes that everyone has its own strength, and even if his power is just borrowed, he tries to do his best to help the cause he supports.
Isn't that somewhat beautiful? Behind that rageturd facade lies the soul of a hero, user.

>forgotten every time

It literally is.
Like 80% of the staff is either from Trigger or are ex-Gainax freelancers.

Kamina is not interesting.

I have tried to watch Getter Robo Armageddon three times. The first three episodes are entertaining as all hell, with great art, animation, cinematography, and voice acting, but they make absolutely no fucking sense. I really want to love it, but I just cannot figure out what in the ever-living fuck is going on.

The good artists left for Khara before.

>The good artists
You mean Anno's buttlickers?

Honestly I thought Shinji wasn't all that bad.
The only really scummy thing he did was masturbating to Asuka's comatose body

>The only really scummy thing he did was masturbating to Asuka's comatose body
Why didn't he fuck her comatose body tho.

>tfw marvel can't let peter be happy

Watching literal power fantasy self inserts is no better than being in a coma. They never progress and story gets stale because it revolves around them and not the other way around. Rather watch "muh beta" mc get development and grow into an actual person. Case and point Simon.

Read the manga to know the characters
After that enjoy the ride

Simon is a case of "becoming manly" but never developing any personality either.
All his development is pretty much becoming like Kamina, and not even as interesting as him.

How can one man be so wrong?

>the manliest anime of all time has a mainly female cast and is rife yuri
Explain yourselves GARfags

>Gunbuster or diebuster
>Manly anything
It's pretty much a girly problems anime with a mecha cover.
Gunbuster is TRASH.

Kamina wasn't even the MC you moron.