dailymotion.com/video/x6anm5w
polljunkie.com/poll/fyifqg/osomatsu-san-thread-data/view
youtube.com/watch?v=sg1F5HXm4Wg&
youtube.com/watch?v=lmnY0HcgO2c&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck yeah

reminder choro a shit

What's with that bubble butt

No need to remind, everybody knows he's the worst Matsu.

>usugoro was a method used to reduce the number of mouths to feed by crushing an infant child with a mortar
>usually the mother was the one to perform the act
>some believe that zashiki warashi are the spirits of children killed using such a method
Still not sure whether Osoma lied about being murdered though.

Shit Japan, can't you just bury your infants alive like the Arabs instead? Why do they have to be so dramatic whenever death is involved.

10/10 would adopt and let her destroy my room.

I want Karahiko-san to adopt me.

My room is such a mess I wonder if her wrecking it would cause it to cancel itself out and become clean.

Still, that ending was a letdown. It was an above average skit and I would've liked to see more of a confrontation (couldve wrung out even more drama - maybe the ma regrets it). Definitely couldve been a whole episode skit and I wouldn't have complained.

ah shit, I fucked up. My bad.

I think S2 has been good up until now. It actually made me love these guys even though it didn't have that much gaybait.

First half of S1 sucked so bad I dropped it.

>Ichi is very supersticious
>Ichiko is spiritual

I'm not sure why I didn't notice before. Guess it comes with the whole purple=spooky thing.

I too think like this, unironically. If a bad thing happens, something good will follow, and vice versa

My mom is like this but she has a massive chip on her shoulder and thinks the world owes her everything. From my own experiences, I think things just happen because they do. I've had really awful luck, its even known among my friends how comically things seem to go wrong for me. But I always try to find humour in it. Blogging aside, life is sometimes what you make of it.

Here's a cute Kara to get somewhat on-topic.

I want to bear his children.

is funny how ichi is the worst matsu, but become best girls somehow

He's funnier as a girl.

Only edgelord Ichi is worst, moeblob Ichi is second best.

I don't know who is Ichi anymore.

Probably because Ichimatsu is a tsundere while Ichiko is a bit more kuudere.

Soon to be new Karamatsu, give him a little more time.

Was Osoma aborted?

>"The woman went alone into one of the buildings outside and had the baby lying on a straw mat. She wrapped the thing in two straw sacks lids, tied it up with rope and laid it on the mat. She then rolled a heavy wooden mortar over it. When the baby was dead, she took it outside and buried it herself. And the nest day she was expected to be up at the crack of dawn as usual, doing the housework and helping in the fields...."
Holy shit.

Ew, what a horrible and nasty way to go. They couldn't have made it quick? Christ, the sound must have been the stuff of nightmares.

There is. You moist a piece of paper with spittle and put it on the baby's mouth and nose. But Osoma said that her blood was on the wall.

I missed this reply last night because I went to bed, but aside from what user said there's also the scene where Oso is all shy being alone in Totoko's room. In the browser game he admitted to wanting to be a house husband, basically. And in the recent ad campaign, there was his daydream of how he'd meet a girl (he would bump into an innocent schoolgirl, long skirt and toast in her mouth ...).

He's pretty cheesy, the dork. It's adorable.

I'll tell you who he is, best boy for damn sure.

For a perverted piece of shit, he's pretty damn vanilla.

A lot of fans don't think Osomatsu would be their pick for settling down, but while he would be far from being a perfect husband, he'd deffinitely love his family/wife more than anything in the world

Wrong.

Osoma a cute, I'm happy that there's already so many fanarts of this skit, it seems popular.

Not matter how much I try, I keep reading Osoma as Osama

If the OP has devolved into being almost entirely still images, and they purposely only have one writer this time, and there are less animation bumps (barely) in s2 itself, then where the hell is the budget going? Did the payment for the voice actors increase or something, so now they're scraping by on everything else? Seriously, what is it?

I think they might have been late making this OP, there was a coloring error and the animation was improved some in this ep.
As for the episodes themselves, hasn't the quality of s2 been overall more consistant? I'm bad at judging that so I'm not sure.

They've been more on-model overall, leading to some cute drawings but the most high-quality animation I see is saved for random explosions. I can only think of ep 1 holding up to things like the Jyushimatsu-enters-everyone's-bodies scene from "We Got Sick." Parts from Iyami Kart were almost movie-tier too, it was pretty nuts. I guess we were spoiled.

The scene where Choro and Jyushi throw stuff at Chibita but he keeps coming was pretty lovingly-animated. Whoever's on the effects team is still putting their all into it, it seems.

I did think this episode was a good deal better, it felt like it could've been from s1. Too bad I couldn't care less about Ichi.

I noticed in this season's OPs they used a 3D camera and particle effects.
I still prefer the first season's OPs overall.

Maybe they put all the budget into the skit where Dayon steals Dekapan's pants?
But yeah, now that I think of it, the quality of those scenes from s1 was way up there, and the stuff from s2 doesn't compare to them.

Yeah, it's harsh but it feels more like a graphic design project than an animation one. I watched the first two OPs again and man, they were lovely. S2 OP2 has some little moments but even when they're there they often use lines that are so lightly coloured you can't even appreciate it.

dailymotion.com/video/x6alfmr

dailymotion.com/video/x6anm5w
OP2 is still my favourite. It feels like it flows and wraps itself up in a nice little package. And that beat is still infectious.

Having such animation in such a skit makes me think something like maybe the animators are being stifled? Or the deadlines are tougher? It looked like they had a lot of fun with that skit and it was visually great.

>that beat is still infectious
I like listening to the instrumental version because the voices are a bit too screechy at points. I tense up when the "Osomaatsu-saaaaan" is coming.

I don't really get it either, S1 made a bank so they should have the budget for good animation

S2s are never as popular as S1s. They were playing it smart instead of wasting money. Especially since, you know, we probably shouldn't count on S3 happening.

>first op
Simple but so good

Maybe the budget will be used for something else. An special or the final episode.

>we probably shouldn't count on S3 happening.
W-why?

That makes me feel pretty sad. I never expected to see the show become kind of lukewarm. Also I swear if they try to pull the same thing a second time with the dramatic-second-last-ep-and-then-cop-out plus a downright depressing final scene then I'll flip a table. Or several.

The way things are I haven't looked at it that optimistically. I assumed this was the "best" we were going to get.

Even though it makes me sad, it's probably for the best. I don't want to keep seeing how much everyone ignores it.

>we probably shouldn't count on S3 happening

Well I'm not sure, let's see what happened the last episode. This show will be possibly S3 and/or movie, because of good financing, like selled more merchs.

Osoma is super cute, I'll adopt her.

I want to read her a book.

Would you dig out her bones?

Need more dragmatsus. Joshimatsus don't count.

Fuck, wrong pic.

>Lolimatsu

>Choro realizes they're still on air
>decides to fap
What did he mean by this?

Have you seen the hesowars drag set? I count the magical girls too since they don't change genders. There's some cute stuff of the princess set too.

He's lost it

Heso sets are nice and all but they’re not canon. I’d rather have a skit.

He knows what we’re here for. He isn’t stupid.

He's a degenerate.

This season was still the third best selling anime of fall and was only beat by idolshit which is always a cash cow. The show clearly doesn’t cost a lot to make and they’re still ranking in the doe with merch and mobages. I think a third season is is likely.

You think that's bad?
>Leaving a child exposed to the elements was another method of killing an infant: the child would be placed in a basket which was then placed in a tree. Buddhist nunneries created "baby towers" for people to leave a child. In 1845 in the province of Jiangxi, a missionary wrote that these children survived for up to two days while exposed to the elements, and that those passing by would pay no attention.[11]

There's not a lot of S2 left now. Where's my fucking Akumatsu episode Fujita?

Thank you God for inventing abortion.

Season 3

I want to rub my face in Totty's balls

Follow your dreams, user.

I want to slice off Totty's balls with a hot knife and feed them to him.

Karamatsu is such a doll.

I want to smell Oso's chest.

I want to pet ichi's tails

It seems like the reception for this season is kind of mixed. What would you guys point to for the main differences in quality between Season 1 and 2?

Pretty sure it's mostly ichifags and karafags who are disappointed, it's true they've been a bit shafted this season. Since both Ichi and Kara are the most popular, that makes for a lot of people who complain.
Aside from that, too bad that there weren't really serious skits, I'm not an angstfag, but I liked the balance.
Also, not enough explicit meta. Kinda changes the tone from characters doing their show about being shitty people to characters being caught up in their shitty lives, which is more depressing.
But overall I like s2.

>not enough explicit meta
On the other hand, I think s2 takes the "skit" mentality too far and throws out what little continuity the series already had. It's a shame because it makes it harder to care about what happens to them. It also has AUs that still somehow take place in the regular world, frustratingly, making the characters like "roles." I'm really not a fan of those.

I want Karamatsu to cuddle me!

For those who are interested, here's the final results of the survey. A total of 82 anons weighed in.
polljunkie.com/poll/fyifqg/osomatsu-san-thread-data/view

Threads are roughly 70% female majority. 3% of poll takers identified themselves as a gender other than male or female.

Official matsu ranking is as follows:
Karamatsu > Osomatsu > Ichimatsu > Jyushimatsu > Choromatsu > Todomatsu
Despite the fact that Ichimatsu is the second most popular character to rank as #1, opinions on him are fairly split, which brings down his ranking as a whole. Osomatsu is the most popular matsu to rank as #2, and a larger number of anons hold a favorable opinon of him, which resulted in him slightly outranking Ichi. If the rank had been determined only by polling for favorites Osomatsu would have fallen to fourth place with only a single vote lead on Choromatsu.

62% of participants have watched or read Osomatsu-kun to some extent. 21% admit that they don't hold any interest in the older series at all.

Opinions are divided on BLmatsu, with a slim 56% majority in favor. Broken down by gender about 1/3 of males enjoy BLmatsu, and about 2/3 of females.

Twitter is the most popular place to go for Ososan needs after Sup Forums, with 35% of participants visiting it regularly. 23% of participants admitted to regularly visiting tumblr for the Ososan fandom, and of those people about 80% were female.

39% of poll takers remember the S1 threads. 32% are newfags who came to Sup Forums after S1 ended.

Opinion on whether S2 is worse or equal in quality with S1 are fairly evenly split, but a slight majority or 54% agrees that the series has gone at least somewhat downhill. Not a single person thinks that this season is better than the last.

What do you think, does anything surprise you? You can download the raw data by following the link to examine it more yourself.

>39% of poll takers remember the S1 threads.
this makes me sad

To me those skits that take place in the normal world are 'what if?' kind of stories, so they're still AU.
But yeah, I guess there's less sense of continuity this season, makes me wonder if s1 was a fluke on that front, and people read too much into it.

cheer up grandpa

Same, but I'm not surprised. The data I really want is how many people were here for the S1 threads and left. I also want to know why. I can't imagine just abandoning something that I loved like that.

Am I a jaded pleb if I really don't like S2?
S1 had it's weak parts sure but the very good parts are better than S2's and there were more.

No, you're fine. I've gone on for ages about how it's not the same, there's a lot of little factors that add up. So it's not just in your head.

I want that kind of Ichi in the show.

The comedy feels a lot weaker to me in s2. I feel like s2 relies a lot more on gross out gags than s1 did, which I don't mind it when it's done right, but seeing Ichi shitting all over the place or the matsus get various objects shoved up their ass as the punchline just isn't funny. Also the overuse of certain gags like the totty face or jyushi boehing, or skits that drag on for too long that don't really have a payoff at the end.
S2 still has some good skits and I think it's been getting better in the last few episodes though, but it's also somewhat of an underwhelming sequel in general.

One of the best parts about s1 was the threads, which went fast and new ones were being made quickly. They were filled with shitposting but still it managed to be so much fun. Never forget.

Do you think she really killed her?

For all of the shit generals often get posting in them is some of the most fun I've ever had on the internet. There are definitely cons to them. The memes they tend to generate and the incentive anons feel too keep a thread alive after all discussion has stopped becomes a breeding ground for low-quality shitposting. They are an attractive place for tripfags and namefags to attention whore since they have a captive audience and an easy path to micro-celebrity. The close-knit community aspect of them can also discourage people who are just becoming interested in the series from participating, especially when all of the discussion for a new episode ends two hours after it airs and nothing but gross waifu/husbando fagging a meming happens for the rest of the week. However, that same kind of anonymous image-driven fan community isn't really possible anywhere else, and it has it's own value. I've made friends from generals that lasted years, and they can be a hotbed of new content. It also feels really nice to feel a part of something, like you're all a family of people obessed with the same franchise. I almost wish we could have more boards like /vg/ so that they have a place to go without disturbing the equalibrium of the rest of the board. Maybe an /ag/.

I like the idea that Choroe didn't kill Osoma, who may have died of illness or something, an would have just been pranking the couple.
But it's likely she was killed.
Guess I'll rely on the japanese side for a definitive answer if there's one.

Yes.

Is that ichimatsu playing minecraft?
That is where I draw the line

Post your favorite videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=sg1F5HXm4Wg&
youtube.com/watch?v=lmnY0HcgO2c&

>not accepting that your favorite matsu is autistic

it's a reference to this