Kaiji discussion

just watched first season, it was pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIl1KAfg1Yo
imgur.com/a/8iDa5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ZAWA

Watch the second, beware though, it can function as one big pleb filter.
Also s3 never ever ever

the manga is a weekly/biweekly issue, but there's nothing much happening, have fun

Season 3 when?

Literally never ever.

That ending made me so fucking mad. I know they gotta keep shit going on until it's no longer profitable or the author runs out of ideas but holy shit Kaiji you motherfucker what are you doing you won just walk out of there nigger like come on man.

Well, he is a gambling addict after all.

BOG

EATING

MACHINE

Does someone else thinks that the pachinko arc was boring as fuck

It was amazing imho but I can see why someone would think that. I found it charming however but then again I am a sucker for humans tearing down impossible odds with their wits (and plot armour) alone.

I just found it very underwhelming, especially when the chiringo dice or whatever it's called was so great before

I guess I prefer to see man vs man

I liked it but it was way too slow at times. Tilting the building was pretty silly too.

Reading the manga with the Kaiji s2 soundtrack makes for a better experience since you can work through it faster and it feels less slower. Plus, there's a couple funny scenes that the anime skipped over for some reason.

There are already spoilers in the thread, go away.

yeah, good advice

He's finally on the road again. Just 20 more chapters until he gets caught and loses the money.

i'm just saying this cause both this and kajij were made by the same dude but. kurosawa anime when

You gotta love the narrator going apeshit on the bog arc though, he really sold it.

Read the first 2 manga a few days ago, good shit. First one took me a few weeks to read and had me a little tired by the end, but the second manga had me hyped as fuck with Kaiji having partners to rely on and suffer with and I ended up finishing that one in only 2 days.

If you wouldn't also take that chance you can't call yourself a man

Chinchiro is fun but it was kinda boring how his plan boiled down to "grab the bowl when he cheat and pray that the other leaders are all upstanding members of the underground that would side with Kaiji"

What chance? The chance to go against an old cunning fox who has clearly been doing this shit since before you were even born? Risking money you promised to someone else who died trying to get it? All for money you don't really need?

S2 is shit

I like the "yet" thing going every newer spoilers release.

Never too much money, user.

S3 won't be. ;_;

Kaiji explained why he needed the money. He didn't want to go back to a meager existence working at some grocery store for the rest of his life

He wanted to avenge his friends who died. When Tonegawa apologized he understood Hyodo was the real responsible.

That's what you got from the story? That the only way to not be the lowest of the lows is to gamble and cheat your way to riches

The story was tied up nicely before the lotto, Kaiji could wipe the debt that had been unfairly placed on him, send the promised money to the old man's wife and have enough left over to get a breather for a while so he could get his head out of his ass and look for a job calmly. The second he took the 100 million gamble it was over for him because his reasoning was bullshit.

The bridge scene was really good. It's a good depiction of what kind of emotions someone in that situation would go through. Absolute terror.

That was weak as fuck, the old man even says 100 million is pocket change to him, he was staking absolutely nothing so losing wouldn't have hurt him in the slightest.

Kaiji isnt rational. Guy is literally human trash, that is the whole point of his character. Even though he is a good guy Kaiji isnt the working type

Watch this or Akagi first?

Kaiji is a sick man. There's a reason he's broke, he never stops.

Akagi is actually 30 years old

Not like there was a better option to get back at him at the time

Watch Kaiji first, it's easier to get into.

Don't forget to check out other works by the same guy, starting with Strongest Man Kurosawa

HE SHOOTS

Strongest Man Kurosawa is by far his best work. Kaiji is still ongoing, and Akagi is nearing its end

>271
Post yfw Kaiji gets arrested by the police after all that and next arc is prison break arc

I just want Kaiji to end, but for how long they're dragging this out, I know there is going to be another arc.
Can't believe the last three arcs occured over a period of a few days

Few hours*

I still think the final gamble was really weird and out of character. Compared to the stuff Kaiji was doing just before, figuring out what happened inside of the box was should have been childsplay. There's only a few things that could have happened, though the first mistake was letting Hyoudo keep his hands on it after he let go.

Ten is better

>I don't like it and so I want it to end.
Kazuya is a fine character, just wait for him to wake up and go full washizudere

No, I fucking loved the last 3 arcs and I want Kaiji to have a happy ending, but with how long this car ride has been dragged out, I bet there'll be another arc, probably focusing on Hyodo and Kazuya

Is Strongest Man Kurosawa more majhong

No, it's like Watamote but good and about a 44 year old construction worker

Okay cool I'll read it

Washizu >>>>> Hyodo

Someone post the page of him shouting Rei

I really came to like Chang and Mario. Especially after the latest chapter. I can say I trust them.
I just know it's going to be fucking amazing when he wakes up.

But Watamote is good, too.

Friendly reminder you have to read Ten if you watched/read Akagi. No excuses.

I'm assuming this is the FKMT thread, I finally read Buraiden Gai. Pretty solid but a short FKMT manga just doesn't feel right at this point.

But Hyodo had only 1/30th of Washizu panel time. I'm curious why he hoards foreign money at least.

One of the best things FKMT ever drew
I have yet to read Buraiden Gai. My only experience with it is a fan opening I saw
youtube.com/watch?v=qIl1KAfg1Yo

Seconded. I think I even prefer the sequel where he's homeless, it's funnier.

He's saying Re! not Rei, or am I missing some inside joke?

you're right, we're just retarded

I fucked up and misremembered what he said. I see the name 'Rei' a lot, so I confused it

Pls describe funny scenes.
Why on earth would the anime ever skip it the last couple eps were literally 15 minutes of pachinko balls rolling around.

It means Rei is an emperor, just like Washizu.

Lol this is great.

Rei is basically SFW Kaiji right?

Not anymore

Rei is Kaiji if he was smart and not a gambling addict and a piece of shit.

They skipped completely Endou's nuclear butthurt development, 3 or 4 scenes. They skipped one important Kaiji-Sakazaki scene (right after Sakazaki got annihilated). They skipped Hyodo's speech in the beginning but well whatever. Have this random roach scene

>Kaiji if he was smart
He is

2/3

Another Tonegawa chapter, for prospective Teiai applicants.
imgur.com/a/8iDa5
I hope imgur doesn't fuck with the page arrangements again.

>You raising them?

He's only bothers to think when it's do or die. Otherwise he's just a lazy bum.

Zero is Kaiji but shounen-er.

Thank you for your work! That's amazing.

T-thanks.

>JOY beautiful life
Kek
Thank you for the chapter.

For how long is he going to sleep? Wake up already.

Thank you very much.

Only 2 more years, aka 3 hours in-universe.

This is so fucking good

Why is he so likeable even though he is just a spoiled brat?

I liked it but I watched it as it aired weekly and holy FUCK that was painful.

He's a pretty real example of someone who's a gigantic asshole but still has friends.

With Bato.to dead, does anyone know where I can find the manga?

Madokami.

Just read the first 3 Kurosawa volumes
This shit gets painful at times, I just want the poor man to succeed

You could just look up 'Kaiji manga' and probably find something.

Keep going. Kurosawa gets his high points
Also, don't read the sequel

delet

Are these uploaded anywhere? This is great.

gl hf user
dont forget to learn mahjong and not be a pussy, if you end up liking kaiji and wanting more of things like that

You know where it's at, user.

>I watched it as it aired weekly
I'm so sorry for you user

I still remember Sup Forums celebrating when those balls finally fell through that hole. It was cathartic as fuck.

im sorry do you actually want 200 episodes of the most confusing mahjong of all time

It's not confusing at all nigga.

It's the easiest form of mahjong ever
>make a hand that has at least 4 points (mangan) and is in tenpai (only 1 tile away from winning)
>that hand cannot be changed after the time runs out and you have to discard a tile from your discard pile each turn
>if the opponent discards your tile you win

To be fair it's hard to count han when you don't know yakus