This is unironically the Evangelion of this generation

This is unironically the Evangelion of this generation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dmmHil1zhNg
youtube.com/watch?v=ewOSy0l9o-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that piece of shitty adaptation is the vampire wars of our generation.

>comparing an original anime series with #1526 devilman adaptation which is not even the best one

the genius of eva is in its visuals.
devilman lacks any great visuals let alone good visuals.
the only redeeming quality of devilman is its somewhat interesting story, sadly even that was ruined by its horrid pacing.

Crybaby ending > manga ending

so it's unwatchable tripe?

They are the same. But at least in Crybaby we see the actual final fight.

I like it, but suspect it's going to be hot for a few more months, settle down halfway through the year, and then kind of fade off, unless there is a lot more new manga material to go over.

I just don't see it being like evangelion in terms of staying power.

This is unironically going to remembered as that show with the silly running animation. Because the show has literal Pupa level characterization and exploration of themes. Only held up by interesting art direction, and honest deceptions of drugs/sex/violence.

No they aren't. the dialogue isn't even the same.

Not even close. In fact Akira was alive long enough to see Satan cry.

You see the fight in the Deluxe version too. It's even more one sided than it already was.

>Devilman only wins at the end of VJ because Satan purposefully never uses any of his power and Dragon Xenon fights instead.

Crybaby's ending is not the same. Crybaby rewrote the story in favor of thematic clarity, as the original Devilman story was kind of a mess when it came to its themes. Ryo is more coldhearted character now to show he has a lack of care or love for humanity. By the end of the story in the manga, he regrets what he did due to his own hypocrisy towards humanity. However, at the end of Crybaby, he regrets the fact he rejected Akira's care for both humanity and himself. Crybaby focuses more on what Devilman has to say about love in war, and the ending reflects that.

This was End of Eva before End of Eva was conceived.

Why do people keep comparing Devilman to Evangelion? They are nothing alike at their core.

The scenes where he saw Miki naked made my dick hard. It is a shame he didn't fuck her.

>Rejected Akiras care for humanity
Never happens. All he cares about is Akira and all he wants is Akira. Everything else could burn at the end, which it does.

What the FUCK was the point of this character?

To die.

Unironically fuck off.

But Devilman is good and complete. Evangelion has a lot of flaws and ran out of budget by the end of its run. That ending was a really big fuck you, it's like they congratulated you for sticking long enough to witness this trainwreck

This shit will be forgotten by next year.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

It is what inspired evangelion

There is no Evangelion of anything, Evas influence is so monumental no other anime compares

I'm aware, and I've read the Anno interview where he states his love for Devilman seeped into NGE, but when you get down to it, they aren't really all that similar. The focus, characters and themes are entirely different.

It's mostly the Gainax ending that prompts stupid comparisons.

Id say Eva-01 eating an angel and of course Kaworu are influenced by it too. And from Kaworu spawned countless clones.

Lol it’s literally the opposite. The visuals of Devilman are stunning, while the story is pretty generic.

i wonder if in 20 years people will still talk about it

Its the Dark Souls of anime

Theyll talk about the gore and nudity thats it.

Yes, but that came at the cost of Akira himself. Akira is tied to humanity itself, because he cared so deeply for it. Ryo learns that by destroying humanity, he destroyed his relationship with Akira. He can never have Akira if he takes humanity out of the picture.

Except he doesn't. It's all about Akira till the end. Honestly the meaning is lost with he way the last scene plays out and the idea Satan could care for humanity in any way except by he guy he considered the sole exception is baffling.

no, its fucking garbo. devilman ova is 100x better, and it didnt even get to the end of the manga.

The messages of the original Devilman were simple, anti-war and anti social competitivism.

Never once was it about love in war except for that one time Satan fell in love but it wasn't a thing that was focused on.

>Miko passes baton to Miki
>Miki passes baton to Akira
>Akira tries to pass the baton to Ryo
>dropped
>repeat several times over
>inter-splice cut of Akira passing the baton when he punches Satan

Tell me what this represents if not Ryo's rejection of Akira's care for others then?

>Sirene's entire motivation was her love for Amon
okay user

As far as the actual content goes, Devilman is more focused with a clear goal in mind.

Evangelion is more muddled in its approach and frankly just confuses people. Crybaby muddled the waters too thanks to Yuasa and Okouchi, but the story was still manageable since its major focus was on love.

Evangelion didn't need to be a mecha show to portray the themes it wanted, but Devilman needed to be a story about demons for you to get the ending.

To flesh out the people living in this town. Plus he added to Miko's character development. He was also the reason she was in that club in the first place.

I'm very glad they added these guys. They kind of had the delinquents in the OG but they didn't get as much time as the people here. Taro's had a little friend in the OG too that I think worked for this too.

The baton never reaches him and if we're supposed to believe it did then it was never shown, and for something that relies on visuals so much defeats it purpose. Unless its his dead corpse.

Yeah that wasnt in the original. She was just a proud warrior fighting to prove herself. The lust for Amon came from the sequels.

Amon had two bitches to satisfy him. One romantically and the other sexually.

The only confusing thing about Eva is the lore and the plot intentions behind SEELE and Gendo through the series. Towards the end those become clear enough. As for the point of the series, the characters, I'd say it does an exceptional job with them and we get obvious character progression and conclusions that work well both in context and thematically. Not sure what you found muddled about it.

I'm just happy you used the hi res image to start this thread. Every other devilman thread as a low quality jpg every single time.

Devilman has existed for decades you retarded Sup Forums poster
Eva was inspired by it, not the other way around.

I've been a mangafag for about 15 years. Devilman is timeless. Crybabyfags will come and go but the series itself is 10/10

Why are the OP posts for Devilman threads always so terrible? It's embarrassing.

OP is trolling, and all these new crybaby fags are playing right into it

No

>miki
>blonde

>Satan will never sit on your face at this size

What do people see in this show besides the visual style?

your mom

It's based on an old manga so it automatically must be good.

The ending is much more hammy in the new version which is ironic since newfags complain so much about manga Devilman being cheesy.
In the new version Ryo cries while sappy music is playing, trying to force emotions out of you. In the manga version Ryo tries to quietly hide his sadness all the while the other angels and god announce themselves in the distance with a faint ringing sound. It's much more subtle and beautiful.

so it's shitty homo victim crap?

lol, this.

did anyone notice all the references to eva, i mean theres a scene where he cums on his hand and the shot is almost an exact replica to the one from EoE

also the red moon, red seas and imagery very similar to the third impact

did the original devilman manga do this and then eva copied it? cause some of this is clearly referencing eva if not. i thought that was cool

It's very good but I don't think it will be as well known years from now as much as Evangelion is now.

MAN MAN MAN MAN
HUMAN

The sea at the end is there in the devilman manga.. They also bring up the moon being there.

The cum-shot thing is anime original.

a shit show that is only popular because of waifus?

Of course the sea was there retard, but Go Nagai didn't envision the sea being red.

Yeah I know. I was trying to say the seeds of the elements of the scene were there, it's probably a case of Eva being inspired by the Devilman manga, but then making its own composition out of it...Then the Devilman anime took from Evangelion.

Soundtrack is 10/10. Plus it has some good characters. Also the lack of censoring for violence and nudity

It's pretty amusing at how much this show triggers weebs on here because its a netflix show

>Trigger
>Weebs
>Amusing yourself through contrarian autism towards people disliking things.
Why aren't you at Twitch or KYM instead?

Except it wasn't even a Netflix show. Why is Crybaby singled out when there are other anime on Netflix?

Violet Evergarden is just as much a Netflix show as Devilman.

Soundtrack is good but massively overrated by normies. The Devilman OVAs had better tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmmHil1zhNg

And same with Fate/Apocrypha, Kakegurui, and LWA.

How so? Devilman is actually good unlike evashit

can't disagree here.

Nope. Devilman Crybaby actually took material from the failed 2004 live action movie like the track and field and turned it into something interesting.

Yuasa also probably took the red sea from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewOSy0l9o-M

He also took the miki akira bike scene from the Amon OVA it seems.

The Amon OVA had some pretty cool scenes.I like seeing more of that guy.
It also feels like Yuasa took some of the framing device from this live action movie too if the little kid scene is any indication (I need to watch this).

I guess this is the Devilman Crybaby thread. Through 6 episodes. Why the fuck did Akira ever trust Ryo anymore after he killed pervert's mom and almost shot best girl? Not to mention after he stabbed a bunch of club dancers and has shown little empathy at all for other humans outside of Akira? Like he wasn't shocked when the track event went all to shit because of him was he?

This is the crux in the show , for me. I can understand him going with Ryo after the club scene and maybe up to the point Miki is threatened, but after that it's like....what?

just read the manga. Ryo is a way bigger asshole in this.

akira's literally autistic
why else would he go up to people and start crying like he does

Like I want to say it's because they are childhood friends, but holy shit Ryo is just an unlikeable asshole and has shown from the beginning to borderline hate humanity due to faults and inferiority to other animals in certain aspects. The moment he threatened Miki, I thought their relationship was done. Then beginning of next episode he is getting in his car like nothing happened.

That’s just okouchi rewriting the script and shitting the bed with it.

>It's much more subtle and beautiful
CLING CLING CLING CLING CLING CLING

I could understand it too if they clarified it in series a little more. I mean it seems like Ryo served as a companion to Akira when even his parents were not there, but Miki appears to have been just as much a part of his life?

Maybe I can excuse it by saying that he's dependent on Ryo at this point , because no one else knows his secret, and he believes everything will work out in the end/ Ryo has the best intentions for the mission at large. So Ryo was able to smooth it over.

I would actually believe this.

Just finished epi 7. So after the reveal of demons, the main one being a track superstar who totally changed athletically and in personality from one year ago, no one suspects Miko or Akira as demons even though they totally fit that as well?

I try not to nitpick too much when it comes to shows and video games, but this is kind of standing out to me.

>Devilman is suddenly popular again
>Netflix has hamfisted fag enabling messages into the series
>Fujos eat that shit up
>Fujos are a legit demographic to pander to now because of fujobucks
>The manga is being rereleased soon
>Nagai is known for adding shit in for no reason

If Nagai adds any unnecessary faggotry I'm going to kill myself

You're a few years too late, user. Also Nagai doesn't pander to anyone but himself.

>Nagai is a shitty artist
I never understood this meme

I know you're taking the piss but Crybaby was unironically good

Like maybe the first 5 episodes. It goes to shit about part way through 6-7 and never goes back.

hahaha that is the truth.

It's because people do not like the style at the beginning of the manga, the tards. .

>Implying anyone will even be allowed to talk about gore and nudity in 20 years

Not even the original Devilman was the eva of their generation, Think about this, just like a bunch of other shows, nowadays it mostly gets brought up to discuss how it influenced eva.

Gore is usually fine. Nudity though, who knows.

>Netflix has hamfisted fag enabling messages into the series
What did he mean by this?

>Man delights not me. No, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.
Shakesperean reference of course

As in pretentious and overrated? Agreed.

Best girl (hermaphrodite (pretending to be male)). Real answer is the fever dream atmosphere.

Pants on head retarded, it shows the baton dropping and in the literal next cut it shows akira standing infront of Ryo with that baton on the ground.

Nice try contrarian-senpai.