Aggregators and shit thread

So it seems bato.to was bought by anyacg.com who also run mangawindow.net

MangaDex and manga.sh have another competitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga
github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga-frontend
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dex isn't an aggregator.

>Manga.sh
Seems like pantsudev has been working hard these past few days

Ironically, anyacg seems to be run from Switzerland, the same place Gtumpy was from.

It totally is.

What I hate about aggregators is that they're earning from the scans, when creators aren't.

Mangadex said they'll keep the site ad-free and maybe ask donations later down the road just enough to help with hosting fees, which is acceptable.

But these aggregator sites are earning thousands of dollars per month from this. And a lot of them remove the credit pages, add their shitty watermark and downscale them to shitty quality to save on space. Disgusting.

>have another competitor.

Yeah but what is this offering that the others don't? Mangadex seems pretty decent so far.

Less centralization, for once.

Enjoy the shitty downscaled scans.

We can have more than one website that uploads files in original size.

Over at #manga-dev on rizon, they've stated they have 0 intentions to downscale or optimize images.
Also are planning on offering archive downloads and possibly torrents or ipfs hashes for chapters.
Manga.sh also has a great documented API.

New batoto looks sketchy as fuck, I'm sticking with mangadex for now
}

What about ads?

Also it's completely OSS unlike almost every alternative
github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga
github.com/NyaaPantsu/manga-frontend
Knowing their history they'll probably go with non-shit easily hideable ads.
Better than threatening to shut down due to lack or funds or other options

So why did the creator of Batoto decide to shut down the site instead of, I don't know, letting someone else as admi?

Trust issues.

Don't care about whatever parasite bought the domain. Hope they get blacklisted by Google.

Manga.sh is dead in the water at the moment, MangaDex is stable enough but needs improvement and some helping hands because apparently Holo is doing everything himself, and there's another site called Mangalism by literally who that's in the works. Less decentralization is good, just have to work in importing old scanlations. And that's up to whenever Holo gets off his ass and cleans it the FTP.

why the fuck won't mangadex import my follows? If I paste it in in fresh it says it's successful but nothing changes, if I click import again it says there's something wrong with the JSON.

Maybe its queued? When I uploaded mine a couple days ago it said it would add them when the servers weren't busy, and I just checked and my follows were added.

There's a much better script that I used instead.

How in the world is it not?

Which one?

>some faggot really bought the domain for 10 grand
Jesus fucking christ.

image on that batoto site look horrible

frontend is hard
t. pantsudev

did he? last I checked, bid was at 2550

>anyacg.com
>secret
So another madokami thing?

Compressed images compressed again

What was the deal with madokami anyway
I got in (twice) quite easily but co-opted out when they changed the whitelist yet again

Did they die or something?

madokami is still alive.

>no read option

Using both mangaupdates and one of these sites is a tad annoying. MU makes it a pain in the ass to bookmark the last chapter you read and these don't even have the option