Darling in the FranXX

What kind of a society is this?

Probably an oligarchy.

Brainwashed puppets.

Extremely authoritarian and dystopian, shrewd in its use of resources, simultaneously treats human life with very little regard. Prude and humorless with very little culture due to art forms being viewed as a waste of time and resources. Political dissidence is dealt with harshly, the state is in control of everything, it and its leaders are regarded like gods among the common people, the war with the Klaxxosaurs is seen as holy.

That's my best guess based of the three episodes, I'm probably totally off base.

Klaxossaur-human hybrid race that make use of pure humans to control the branching route that turns into giant monsters.

>make use of pure humans to control the branching route that turns into giant monsters.

That's one possible explanation as to why they wont let them interact with "adults".

This is an opera, obviously.

Society of refined tastes

a intellectual society

Trump's America

muslim

I know tha papa was a hologram, my gut tells me they are all holograms/not real.
The plantations are just a front for something, not sure what yet.

I believe it is pretty much like Diebuster setting

Hunger games?

They're probably real, but wouldn't risk being there in person

One that is under constant threat of extinction.

I like your view, but I don't agree with it. I believe the world is autocratic by necessity. Since the klaxosaurs are so powerful that they easily topple the largest structures and lay waste to landscapes by themselves anybody that didn't join a collective that is kept in line with advanced defenses isn't likely to survive very long. There's limited resources, and it seems the only defense to this threat are mechs piloted by linked couples, one to control the mech's body mechanism, and the other to act as the pilot. They hide this away because these children are bred for only combat since it was the only sure way to get good enough pilots and links, and nothing else. It's a life of slavery, but it's necessary. The inner city that the two of them look at looks like it has elements of artistic design to them. Hell, the Franxx themselves are extremely artistic.

Reminds me of WH40K

DRUMPPFFFF

It's basically Japan in 100 years or some shit. People stopped fucking, climate change fucked everything up, so now you're left with an authoritarian regime ala Handmaiden's Tale, incubating children in test tubes, trying to get them to fuck to reproduce using robots or some shit.

triggered

>tfw no 40k fanart of Domme Princeps 002 having her way with Moderati Hiro.
Drawfriends I beg you for your benevolent help!

If you really don't get it, the 'society' is literally the audience of the show. The whole thing is a deconstruction of the sometimes absurd and narrow kinds of stories that are able to be produced in the current climate.

>no art
The robots have very striking designs, and even hologram faces for no real reason besides art. And look at the classy glasses. These mother fuckers are rich picks and love their very specific form and taste.

Sometimes a potato is just a potato.

Have you ever seen Dune?

>Lamarck Club
>Lamarckism (or Lamarckian inheritance) is the hypothesis that an organism can pass on characteristics that it has acquired during its lifetime to its offspring.

All of the pilots are just “engineered babies”, based on a original. Numbers indicate the order in which the originals were introduced into the system, therefore lower numbers would be considered better, since they have had more versions than the higher numbers. Everytime pilot dies, they either recover the body, or take samples before the mission, and use the genetic material to grow another version. If the pilot exhibited some sort of useful anomaly during his life, it is passed onto his clones. This way they are trying to make the best possible pilots.
Perhaps the previous Hiro somehow developed resistivity to effects of Klaxosaurus blood and because of that he can pilot with 02 without getting fucked up. The “Lamarck Club” seemingly already knew that Hiro had this ability, but are unsure about how it would affect him or 02.

It would also explain why those unable to synch with a partner are sent back into orphanages and dissappearing: they are just removing faulty versions that are of no use and simply make another one. And reason they are completely isolated from the rest of Plantation is to make sure they don’t found out they are just new versions and are therefore, to some degree, expendable. Of course, it takes time to grow a new version, but they are not going to fret when pilot drops dead, because they can just replace him (there could be some sort of accelerated aging used to speed up the process. And 02 is somehow sending this into overdrive and aging her pilots at a rapid rate)

How can they see if that shit blocks their eyes?

I'm hoping the cities being off limit is even more than that.
>humans not existing anymore / mostly robots
>children have a deadly virus that if open could kill normal humans
>being around humans makes their dino blood go crazy and they kill people
Some sort of big reveal for why they are separated. Clones are nifty.

Infrared binoculars

Horniest of societies

Maybe it doesn't?

What about the dumbass with his arms crossed
Is he just there staring into nothingness?

Just sleeping

god i need to see other episodes, when i think it's still 3 days to saturday i feel like dying

Interesting theory. While I don't think it's right on the money, you're probably thinking about this in the right way. Have a cute 0ni as thanks.

>What kind of a society is this?
A noble and responsible one.

PV WHEN?

Whose chest is this?

This is the angle I too would like them to take. It makes the setting much more interesting. The "APE is actually the bad guys" angle is too hackneyed. You can have a cute 002 as well.

Papa and company are SEELE and Franx is probably Gendo. Bravo TRIGGER

There's no actual barrier stopping the pilots from going into city limits, not to mention that 02 is officially permitted, so it's unlikely that a parasite entering city premises would trigger some catastrophe. They would be actually barred from entering if that were the case.

Why does the city look so dead?

Looks like something Kubo came up with

One with a very poor fashion sense.
Or there's some other kind of symbolism with tampons I'm missing here ?

The design is more similar to the Guild from Last Exile.

I am slow af, but
015s' seyuu is a nicest rookie — this is her first role

What I find very interesting about their society is how grandiose and large the ceremony is supposed to be. There have to be tens of thousands of people there, all to attend a ceremony about 8 kids and 4 military bots. Why? Are the FranXX really so special that activation is such an absolutely immense deal to their entire society, to the point of having such a huge gathering just to see them walk around? To the parasites themselves it's clearly important, but it doesn't seem to register as such a huge event for them.

Is the whole thing a scam and the people are fake holograms or something, all for the sake of appearances for the pilots? That would seem unnecessary, surely there would be much simpler ways to control pilots' mindsets when they have full control over their lives anyway. Such a complex and grandiose deception wouldn't be practical.

I also find their leadership structure a bit curious, in the sense that there seems to be very little distance between the top leadership we've seen (the council) and the parasites. There doesn't seem to be any other links in the chain of command between them other than Nana and Hachi, who interact with the pilots directly. Are they being kept ignorant but at the same time kind of occupying a high position in their society, despite not knowing it? Or is it just that APE/the council are actually low-tier mooks themselves and we haven't even seen a hint of who the real leaders are?

>Why?
IDK; it doesn't seem to fit with how laid-back they are an episode later when all 3 of their functioning pilot pairs are about to get killed.

Robots badly pretending to be human

If the spectators are real people and not holograms or robots than they are from the plantation while APE only attended as holograms

You are overthinking a simplistic wish fulfillment cartoon made for horny neets.

A terraforming society.

Picture this: humans have branched out from earth and are now colonising other planets. This anime takes place on one of those planets, which is proving to be a hard nut to crack due to its extremely hostile environment (like the fact that the local fauna - the Klaxosaurs - seems to be extremely dangerous). The planet also seems to be a giant desert devoid of flora (the Klaxosaurs are Lithotroph's that feed on magma energy, or maybe magma energy is a swarm of lithotrophic microorganisms itself and the bottom of the food chain), which would explain in a way why the colonies are called plantations. APE/the Lamarck Club/the human colonisers are trying to turn the planet "green".

Everything of note in this anime is based on plant-related nomenclature, including the mecha, like Strelitzia, which is named after a genus of flowering plants that symbolise faithfulness in romantic relationships, love, and thoughtfulness, besides the 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple, freedom and the ability to travel (due to the flower’s resemblance to birds-of-paradise in flight), magnificence, excellence and success, joy through challenges and successes alike, and optimism towards the future.

Plants are great aren't they?

The thread has received its reminder.

The pilots live in a mansion with available sunlight while everyone else lives inside the dome
So they seem rather important

Kinda reminds me when primitive tribes treat you like a king only to sacrifice you to their gods later

>the pilots live in a big glass birdcage while everyone else lives securely and safely inside an awesome golden hypercity

What would a SoL set in the city be like, not following parasites but regular people, would it be extremely boring or would they come up with new and crazy ways to get entertainment while living underground

>implying it's not ghost city with maybe a few thousand citizens

NTR

Doubt it desu, otherwise they wouldn't need so much magma reserves and be so drastically low as to need to kiss with another plantation.

The setting was described as Gothic Sci-Fi, so massive cities with few citizens seems reasonable

What the hell did he mean by this

Fucking fanartists always increasing breast sizes.
Poor Ichigo now looks like a milk cow. Leave Ichigo alone you perverts. Official Ichigo art is sexy as hell, no need to "improve" on it.

what is, if pilot-candidates who didnt make it (like Naomi), are actually used as slaves by them?

It's possible. Orfans that can't pilot are used as slaves to work in energy extraction down under. And who cares if they get eaten up by klaxosaurs.
I sense 02 will lead a rebellion. Against who ? Big Papa sperm for starters.

Oh come on it doesn't take a genius to predict them rebelling against APE, in fact it'd be a bigger twist if they didn't

BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

Is there a link to the complete artbook?

The emperor would never use kids, he has his space marines.

>The emperor would never use kids
Well expect he made 20 super-powerful genetically altered kids to lead the Great Crusade.

So the humans are the bad guys since they are invaders

yeah, as if...

No.

>they said Naomi is fine, just in the "hospital"
>the next time we see her, "Naomi" is a small child of maybe 3-6 years old

Clones in the back

>they test her by making her ride with Hiro
>he suddenly is able to pilot just fine
That would be awkward.

will this be the "did nothing wrong" squad?

rothschilds

That's an interesting point, the typical neon city of forever night generally isn't a very nice place to live for the typical citizen.

>no traffic
>no people
They're all dead

a friend told me to watch this
I watched the first episode and I didn't know what the fuck was going on besides the basics, and I didn't want to watch some guy have a girl just dropped onto his lap when I still have no one, so I dropped it

why does the female wear Y and the male X, while in the pilots it is reversed?

It's not reversed?

How the fuck are we supposed to know.
And I can't even think of any theory that has a basis in what we know

>This anime takes place on one of those planets

Nope. The manga cleary states right at the beginning that the series takes place on Earth. Humanity raped the planet with the harvesting of magma energy and now everything is fucked and dead.

It's nothing like humanity in top wo nerae just yet.
Until they are willing destroy the earth itself to eradicate the Magmadinos, there's really no comparing.

Patricians

Who is the most noble of them all?

>The emperor would never use kids

is he the el grande padre of Trigger?

Do their goggles magically zoom in on butts?

why did you feel the need to samefag reply to yourself? I know it's sad your post didn't get any replies while you were at school, but there's no need for this.

What are you on about user? I just woke up.

>school
jokes on you im a neet

Lol at all the murifats that don’t know about different time zones.

William Dudley Pelley came back to life to provide the magic powers needed to Klaxousars created by the Dark Souls, and made everyone else adopt his fashion preferences in compensation.

Just finished the three episodes, i'll keep watching, it seems fun.

The third episode was straight up NTR though. Him dying isn't really retribution. Straight up got cucked.

He didn’t die