dsgstng.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So did time healed your sorrow user?

That looks like a man

VEG special event will be held by KyoAni and tickets to it included in BDs sold

Other bonuses in BD:
Character design sheet by Akiko Takase
50p colored booklet
Video bonuses on BD with character, story, world introductions and staff round table
Postcards drawn by Ishidate
Japanese subtitles

Special bonuses in KyoAni shop are to be determined (but confirmed better than Amazon and the rest)

----------------------------
The sound of anime in BDs is confirmed: 5.1

Is this going to be another original kyoani episode or are they finally going to adapt novel making things go even worse

>Character design sheet by Akiko Takase
>50p colored booklet
>Video bonuses on BD with character, story, world introductions and staff round table
>Postcards drawn by Ishidate
>Japanese subtitles
So fucking nothing?
>Special bonuses in KyoAni shop are to be determined (but confirmed better than Amazon and the rest)
i doubt it, they never are.

youtu.be/A0_5b3CuRHc
youtu.be/2aulh16Br9s
youtu.be/c-xV5y65-N8
youtube.com/watch?v=HjRfsGKdTAA

The world has been updated. Can someone translate?

violet-evergarden.jp/world/

Event ticket is not nothing. What else specifically did you expect? It is BD, not a BOX sale. If you meant the comedy shorts like they did with Chu2/KnK/Haruhi there is none. Just the production special commentary.

Episode 4 should be the one adapting Oscar's chapter.

My one concern is that the best of the short stories won't be adapted. I didn't spot either the mother or daughter in the fourth PV, and even the scholar (from a story taking place chronologically after) was in it.

Fun fact: In total only 15 different key animators were involved separately on making first three episodes, with only part of them being involve in more than one.

I want a replica of Violet's typewriter, or a custom built bike, or maybe a 3D printed robotic arm

They included scholar since it had relevant for PV conversation about gilbert. Since they put a lot of resources in animating Magnolia scene for CM, there is zero chance it will not be in anime.

Also woudn't be so sure ep 4 would be Oscar. Wedding might be before it.

aziocorp.com/webe/html/products/index2.aspx?num=164
recyclenation.com/2011/02/recycled-steampunk-keyboards/

Didn't the prescreening reactions inform us episode 4 was about Oscar? Or was it one of those reactions that Sup Forums made up?

I don't remember seeing the wedding in the PV. There was a mystery girl in a braid with a rose though.

So what has been the anime original bits anyways?

The whole episode with the girl and her brother I guess, but then how does the plot actually goes in the book?

Today was the OP/Ed appreciation event in Tokyo where True/Chihara sung

Special event to boost sales? Why? That's something other plebian studios do.

I don't think ep4 was pre-screened at all

HHHHHYYYYYYPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much most of fist 3 episodes.
Episode 1 and 2 flashes some parts from the book, but not go deeper in them - like the death game, war, dietrich delivering Violet, giving infodump on proffessor who created AMDs etc. - but mostly are original, but fit well novel since it exlores the time period not covered by novel.

Episode 3 is entirely anime original with nothing from the novel aside KyoAni possibly using AMDs appearing later in Scholar ark to create the school setting - thus there is chance some of girls might apear later for brief time.

The plot in the book is very episodic and shifts time periods with every chapter and even having timeskips within the chapters sometimes. So you initially read them as separate stories, that merge into plot together as you learn more and more details about Violet. KyoAni basically did same thing as with Haruhi broadcast order - adapting novel in chronological order instead (haruhi novels were not chronological either)

It has a chance of not being boring shit like the rest. Kinda. Not really. At least the graphics are pretty.

KyoAni is length getting a lot of its profits from its own events. Mostly it attracts Free! audience, given, but still its major venues to sale merch and earn on tickets. They do them quite often now and its part of their model of operation - be it anime specific events or general KyoAni/KyoAni Do ones.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

That Brooch is looks so god damn beautiful it breathes life into my soul

I believe the pic related is daugther of the Teacher in the school.

I want to marry Cattleya

fucking hell everything in this show is so pretty

She is Claudia's fuck buddy.

back off user she's my waifu

That is probably the cup Benedict place on the Cattlaya's letter in episode 3

Are people still watching this dross? I mean, it's pretty I guess.

That whole conflict was so pointless. Maybe they should have thought of a way to make Violet's graduation more believable then show us those guys fighting for no reason.

How do we defend this, bros?

>KyoAni basically did same thing as with Haruhi broadcast order - adapting novel in chronological order instead (haruhi novels were not chronological either)
Did you even watch Haruhi in 2006? The 2009 season and its chronological order was awful. Guess Kyoani doesn't learn from its mistakes.

These "comedy" bits are awful and wish they could go away. They don't fit the tone of the show at all.

Unfortunate too because VEGs biggest faults (plot wise) could possibly be fixed with a different chronology. Instead we get emotional scenes and a backstory early on when we aren't attached to the characters to get some weight behind these reveals.
I have no idea how it is in the books but Violet doesn't have any mystery behind her and I can't help but feel that's a mistake. Everyone bitches about Hiro in Franxx, rightly so in a lot of cases, but I actually feel like even he has more mystique than Violet does.

Cattlaya and Benedict being like fire and water is litterally even printed in their character profiles on website. It is not unnecessary nor pointless. Everyone of the main cast gets more development and info about them as story goes on.

Secondary, the "comedy" bits, and actually whole purpose of original characters like Iris and Erica is to create for Violet a "home" to return between the missions. So the contrast from what she experiences outside is what it is about - a warm place where she is cared about and welcome, the only place she can call home.

It is fun people who have no idea about the story tell how it should be adapted. If it were adapted as in novel, the same people would bitch now about its episodic nature and not spoonfeeding them. The fact that you already have total misconcept of Violet's character, despite most relevant things being presented deliberately and blutly is the indication.

>If it were adapted as in novel, the same people would bitch now about its episodic nature and not spoonfeeding them

Projecting a bit much there mate.

I loved broadcast order over chronological and i reaed Haruhi LNs as well. There is no issue with chronological order though, aside from some accents being misplaced as original episode order had highlights in different moments.

For Haruhi, LN order is correct since when earlier stories were written, the later (and set in past periods of time sometimes) stories were not even in mind of the author so, later stories required you knowledge of what was written and character developments in stories happening later chronologically etc.

VEG is different, since it is meticulously planned story. Pretty much nothing in it is "unneeded","filler" or otherwise not fitting. Every paragraph is precise and has a purpose. So rearranging order is not an end of the world. The advantage of anime apation is that we get an anime original content on the periods not covered in novel, as well likely a lot more of what happens inbetween novel chapter too. Thus instead of randomly jumping between years and different Violet's, you get gradual development as well to see what happens inbetween.

I expected more from Violet. I'm furious. She better kiss Gilbert or whatever his name is or else I will drop!

How is that projecting, when most of your complaints already is merely reaction of a speedwatcher that wants to be spoonfed and does not understand the relevance of what he has been shown?

Drop it. She kisses one person in novel and it is not Gilbert.

They could show their conflict without resorting to stupid unfunny comedy that males their characters feel like cartoons

Opinions and yours is worthless. You do not get to dictate the character relations and their interactions.

Fortunately I'm being casual here, I can enjoy the show for the waifu without being overthinking about every aspect of anime. You all seems desperate and hard to enjoy something just because something doesn't meet your expectation, you have my gratitude, please don't stop trying to be a casual, when you think about it you will realize that you all are just bunch of a pathetic whiny bitches.

- casual-kun.

Casuals like you are worse than haters. It is people who "enjoyed" Hyouka as Sol or watched Mushishi for sceneries.

kyoani being a independent studio and not relying on some shill company for money. It's a good thing if you ask me

Lucky for me it is an opinion many people share. Popularity crumbling, preorders declining, all because the sloppy, predictable script and awful characterization.

Do you think I have a misconception about her character because I believe she shouldn't be as bland and shallow as a typical supporting cast member?
So do you have a problem with the way the novel was done if you think it's problematic to present it that way? Or do you really believe your ridiculous assumption about others wanting to be spoonfed?

Damn it. I didn't want to know, user.

Yeah, thanks for revealing (you)rself

I belive you should watch the anime that is broadcasted instead the one in your head.

So you're just defending any choices made because of who made it, criticism be damned. And you accuse others of lacking critical thought?

I defend the choices i understand, as i know the story and can evaluate adaptation so far. It is great. The "critical thoughs" on a level of 1st graders talking about stuff they dont understand is not worth consideration - no valid points were voiced so far whatsoever. You have a real issue with belief that your ignorant and unqualified opinions for some reason equal arguments.

Release that shit already. You sound constipated.

Most of what we've seen has been stated to have been anime original. How are you in a better position to judge the quality of the adaptation based on previous experience if most of the adaptation isn't based on your experience?

Because i know how it fits the story, know the characterisation and able to pick up the million nuances in first two episodes that are obviously went over your head, given your complaints? (Episode 3 way "too" original and imho not necessary, also it adds a bit to world building and possible appearance of the dolls form school in later episode. But it contributed little aside showing Violet pass the first hurldle of writing a letter delivering a persons feeling. Which is not bad on itself, but is inferior to novel).

But i thought Netflix were our bros.

As he said, KyoAni is independant. Their schedule is also busy as fuck with multiple movies and Tsurune anime that will air in NHK primetime and possibly other projects based on their LNs since they still have like 3 more of them to promote.

Newfag OP

Man, the mental gymnastics violetfags perform to defend her objectively bad characterizarion is impressive. This is justo not how you write a compelling main character.

Timeslot hasnt been defined for tsurune. By the way other than their news program and a couple of historical drama everything else in the network has lower ratings than satelite\premium networks, so you better stop bragging about that, didnt work forma shaftfags and wont work for you either

The characterization in the second episode is not nuanced. It's shoved down our throats. If you think what was going on in that episode was nuanced then I guess I have my answer on why you think this of all things is deep.
Episode 3 had better characterization with some actual nuance behind it but of course the good episode was the only you're going to actually have any issue with.

Where can I watch? Please spoonfeed me. My vision is getting too blurry to lurk.

Episode airs in 4 hours, so livestream links will be posted around that time.

are you people just being contrarian?

maybe kyoani even improved the plot

its pretty good so far you autists

>Special event to boost sales? Why? That's something other plebian studios do.
The only reason not many studios do this, is because you are only allowed to do this if you own the IP. Every studio would like to do something like that, they just don't have the means to be part of a production committee.

Tokyo MX is online now:

dsgstng.com/

Violet starts in 3hrs

Is it going to be raw?

Obviously.

Asenshi subs some hours after it maybe, and proper quality Netflix rip only tomorrow.

Best time of the week soon.

Fun fact why KyoAni stopped doing adaptations for others.

Lucky Star for example was a major hit, yet they recieved NOTHING out of it success since they only were paid fixed sum for it production.

Newfag pretending he's not a newfag

How works now stream? We fixed some issue with broadcast.

Their conflict was to show what sort of relationship they have, you literal mouthbreather.

Does not work for me. Shows constant loading circle in player.

This show isn’t even fun to hate on cause it’s genuinely subpar and painfully boring.
And so when anons get all serious desperately trying to defend it, shit just a feels depressing to watch.
To top it off these threads are so slow.

k

The first two episodes were rushed for pre-broadcast showing in July. Episode three was made to be shown along the first two at December 10 at japanese cinemas.

4th episode is the start of "regular" episodes (and hopefully 'regular' story). Will see if there is any contrasting differences to first two, since they were made differently.

First episode was litterally 4 directors rushing to finish showcase with Ishidate storyboarding. Second episode was Fujita making the whole episode and only 4 animators. Third episode was Kitanohara and more by the book episode both direction and visual wise.

If 4th episode is actually start of novel stories, it would mean inevitable timeskip, though KyoAni likely to add anime original padding to show her "being send on a road".

One day consider, that maybe. Just maybe. You are the one in the wrong.

You could always drop it, my man.

I haven't seen a full episode since episode 1, and i've just followed the threads every once and a wild.

Now this is depressing to watch.

Oh, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's almost like studios are companies that get contracted to work on stuff.
The best part about this is that they aren't dependent on the BDs selling well, only on the people that pay them being fine with the product.

Resulting in production of essentially commercial and cheap trash since clients pay shit and studios arent interested in making quality product.

I don't think you understand how business works at all.

Yes clearly every anime is trash because it is not paid purely out of the studio's pocket

>Yes clearly every anime is trash
It is ironic that you think it is not so

Enjoying your korean animation yet?