American makes fun of japs trying to speak english

>american makes fun of japs trying to speak english
>despite english grammar being an absolute convoluted mess when it comes to pronunciation

Is there anything more pathetic than seeing americans struggle with japanese names when they are literally read what you see?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7wLN_ah14cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lzLBf7l5G-g
youtube.com/watch?v=eitRCKDU9Ic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>japanese names when they are literally read what you see?
If anime has taught me anything it's that japanese people have to be told how you read a person's name that is written in kanji because kanji is terrible.

>japanese names are literally read what you see

Aren't names in Kanji aka the unreadable alphabet?

I meant when romanized, which is the only way people who don't speak japanese can read names.

>grammar being an absolute convoluted mess when it comes to pronunciation
Grammar and pronunciation are two different and unrelated subjects. Sasuga ESL.

i mean i havent really learned any jap, but from what i have picked up on the language kinda feels like you just throw words out there and its up to the other person to interpret what you mean by the tone you said it in

i would rather pronounce a word incorrectly than not know how to read it at all because you don't know what the character is.

It's more funny how they can't pronounce ls or vs well.

>english is such a mess that pronunciation and grammar became unrelated
can't make this up

A good example is Yuri. I've never seen anyone besides english speakers fuck up this (simple) name pronunciation. You take germans, indians, turks, italians, russians, everyone says it right. Get an american and he butchers it every time.

how do they say it

Go to google translator, write Yuri on the english side and click on the little sound icon.

Your-ree

My what?

>english grammar being an absolute convoluted mess
not really, also not using hieroglyphs is an inherent advantage of most non-asian languages. kill yourself gook

Are you talking about how English-speakers will pronounce the R like an R instead of an L? I don't know about other languages, but I know that the R sound in Russian, Spanish and Italian is slightly rolled like an L, which is pretty close to the way Japanese people already pronounce it. I think it is fairly similar in most European languages, in fact. The same goes with how Japanese people often can't pronounce the R's in English right, or how some Scandanavian people sometimes can't pronounce english J's right. It's a problem for literally every country.

To be fair Korean hieroglyphics are easy to read

>grammar being an absolute convoluted mess when it comes to pronunciation
just because you have speech problems doesn't mean others do, user

Koreans don't use hieroglyphs unless they're old fucks.
I've never heard anyone say it like that. "Yaoi" or anything with "aoi" in it will be pronounced wrong by English speakers 9/10 times though.

go
pot
money
come
front
condition
women

In each of these words, "o" has a completely different sound. Vowels in english are just decoration.

>the r like an r
Except not. You have faggotic r coloured vowels. That aaahr thing you do isn't an r sound mutt.

Japanese literally do not have the linguisto-cultural capabilities to learn any other language than japanese.

A westerner can become a 100% ace in any language in the world while a japanese can't,even chinese have a better grasp than them

I'm talking about the English R, obviously. I'm pretty sure you understood that though and just want to vent your hatred for Americans on the Internet.

as a spanish speaker reading romanized japanese is easy, the vowels have only one pronunciation, unlike english

Even if you pronounced all of those words with the same vowel sounds, at least you would be able to be understood. If you come across a Kanji/Hanzi you don't know you're just fucked; there's zero way to divine the pronunciation. English is retarded in many ways but logographic languages are much worse.
The vast, vast majority of westerners are utterly incapable of becoming even child level fluent in any tonal language.

Most of the time they straight up completely botch the phonetics of english. And even if they get those right, the sentences of english they make are completely nonsensical.

Sort of. There are a lot of homophones, but the way you use them makes them clear. In writing kanji solves that problem.

Persona 5 was real bad for this.
They couldn't pronounce japanese for shit and each voice actor would pronounce the same name in a different way it was embarassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wLN_ah14cQ

kuroe rumeru desu yo~

The problems in English are from people not following the rules then getting buttblasted when someone tries to fix the spelling to match their fucked local dialect.

>If you come across a Kanji/Hanzi you don't know you're just fucked; there's zero way to divine the pronunciation.

Except there is, it is basic knowledge when learning Japanese

Ah you mean the non rhotic accent brits use right.

Grammar has nothing to do with pronunciation.

Only in retarded languages.

>Japanese literally do not have the linguisto-cultural capabilities to learn any other language than japanese.
*blocks your path* youtube.com/watch?v=lzLBf7l5G-g

>If you come across a Kanji/Hanzi you don't know you're just fucked; there's zero way to divine the pronunciation.
objectively wrong you dekinai faggot motherfucker i'm gonna kill you in your sleep if you ever talk shit like this again jimmy

Who the hell would do that... QT azn girls trying but failing at english is kawaii af. It makes them like 10x hotter.

>american proceeds to drop 3rd bomb.

.............you realize every other part of the world speaks 2 languages fluently and most are learning a 3rd in high school?

Nothing you fucking said even makes sense. Murrikans can't even fucking speak their own language well. Go to your fucking facebook feed and observe how the unwashed masses use the english language.

Yes, you are somewhat correct. Of course japanese sentences are not totally up to interpretation, but they're definitely less specific than all the major western languages. Hence the age old misunderstanding trope when the mc says he "likes something" and female hears it "like you".

That wasn't the topic though. It was about pronunciation, which is all over the place in English, but very uniform in japanese.

Chinese is a different kind of hell, with the billion subtle tone differences.

What the op meant is japanese is very easy to learn to spell. Just learn to spell the 40+ hiraganas the same way each and every time. That's it!

I'm not american,I'm from europe.I know what I'm talking about.The fact that americans don't attempt to learn a 2nd language is irrelevant,they could do it if they wanted.Japanese on the other hand can't

nice facts and statistics to back yourself up!

>they could do it if they wanted.Japanese on the other hand can't
there was literally an example posted earlier in this thread of a japanese guy who speaks fine english. certainly much better than you, you eurotrash retard

I'm not talking about writting.I'm talking about correct pronounciation.
Do you think a japanese person can pronounce R's correctly?

Cork=Koruku instead of ''courke''

post Ursula reactions

and
>Americans (trying) speaking Japanese
This is way more cringy.

Amerifag here... I lived in Korea for a year. Thought I needed to know the language to get around there so studied a little before I got there. The Koreans seemed to genuinely appreciate my attempt to learn their language, but honestly after moving there I stopped trying to learn. So many people there spoke enough english that I didn't need to learn theirs.

We only know 1 language because in most cases that's all we need. Although those in the south probably know a decent amount of Spanish cause it's just everywhere so you tend to pick it up.

All European countries are very small language/cultural areas while US is a massive one. It makes sense for smaller languages to learn the languages of a few bigger groups, like for swede or norwegian to learn german, english or french. But it's less important for larger language/culture areas like US. English is the lingua franca anyway.

I'd still recommend everyone learning at least a few other languages, and think higher of people who speak multiple languages fluently. But I understand why Americans aren't as keen on this. I'm from a very small euro country.

I'm not blaming you.Every person born in an anglo country probably won't pick a 2nd language.
That is not something unique to america like I said

And this is why commiefags exist. If you don't try to learn something new then it's only natural that so many Muricans loves localized crap.

>Is there anything more pathetic than seeing americans struggle with japanese names when they are literally read what you see?
Yeah, you for wasting time either watching dubs or listening to eternal N3s stutter out バカ外人です、よろしくおねがいします。

Thanks for daily cancer dose.

Americans watch less dubs than south americans and europeans.

What's with this guy and Americans? Is this board being invaded by China or something?

Piggy arimas.

Sorry, I replied to a wrong guy. Was supposed to reply to this:

So you meant your dumb got it

The amount of butthurt of muricas inside this thread is beautiful. Idiot hybrids get fuck

>Idiot hybrids get fuck

I recognize this broken english.

> Hailey: Hailee, Haleigh, Haley, Haylee, Hayleigh, Hayley, Haylie
> Cameron: Camren, Camron, Camryn, Kameron, Kamron and Kamryn.
> Caden: Kaden, Caiden, Kaeden, Kaiden, Kayden

You'er'ar move.

>A child baby san

I know a guy that pronounces Sakura as sah-COR-uh

Hey Sakamoutou!

Suckonmuhtoe

Why is everyone on Sup Forums so tsundere for us Americans?

You can't even speak your own language properly.

>its an american mutt thinking they know japanese better than japanese episode

Its painfully obvious who the murrilards by when they post.

How many other languages you speak there, anons?

Don't most americans also speak spanish?

I don't like the spics who can't don't know how to speak a English either.

I don't get it. As a SEAmonkey I've never met someone from burgerland before and I don't give a shit what they had for breakfast. So when someone brings up America from out of fucking left field it's a bit jarring and suspicious.

Is it Wumao? Is it mudslimes? (there is a healthy population of muslims in Sup Forums after all) Can someone clue a pacific islander in?

Español and にほんご

NICE TRY AMERICAN HOLY SHIT YOU'RE SO AMERICAN I CAN SMELL IT IN YOUR POST GOD DAMN FUCKING AMERICAN MUTT
By the way this morning I ate some plain toast.

Most of us learn it in high school but immediately forget it because we never use it, unless you live by the border

Damn, I haven't eaten yet, you're making me hungry

Nah, still can't figure out if it's a filthy 50 cent or a goatfucker. I need to stop being malnourished.

I've met a ton of people from different countries. Germany, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Croatia, China, Spain and so on. Most of them were atleast fluent in 2-3 languages. Guess which country is so plain with most people in it are just capable of speaking one language. You're right, most Burgers are and many of them are not really good at it either. Makes you think.

I guess we do get fucks sometimes, and it's true that this can lead to hybridization. I'm not sure what this has to do with anime though.

At least you're not Canadian if you're American.

Seriously, Americans. What is so hard about pronouncing Japanese names? I see people asking for explanations on how to do it over and over again, they just don't get it. Like OP said, literally read it as it's written, for fuck's sake. Is the only language you've had any experience with English or something?

If you speak a romance language you have no right to bully poor burgers. For romance speakers Japanese pronunciation is easy mode.

It's easy as long as you know what the hiragana that makes up their name is. In my opinion hearing people pronounce Japanese names sucks because they try to say it the Japanese way so it sounds unnatural. Meanwhile in Japanese they change pronunciation to sound normal in Japanese.

>There're brainlets in this board that don't know at least 5 different languages

I'm spanish and I'm surprised how similar our languages are.

If most burgers aren't retarded enough to be able to learn how to spell A I U E O with Latin pronunciation rule (the only non-retarded language rule), then they should be able to read everything.

They don't know there's only one way to pronounce vowels in japanese and other languages. I realized that after years of hearing people butcher spanish words. Like they said "Hola, como estas?" like "Oulah, coumou estahs?"

>NaRRRrrrrrruddto
>Naaaaruto
I still don't get it. Is it that hard for these people to just read it as it is written

>I see people asking for explanations on how to do it over and over again
Where?

Not easier than for Slavic language users.

Not him, but... not here, obviously. Questions like "how do I pronounce x character's name" are common in other places, though, even when the name is incredibly simple.
It comes down to what said, I guess.

Not only pronunciation, the entire grammatical foundations itself sucks. The language is insanely restrictive and counter intuitive. Most of the languages in the world are dumb anyway with the exception of few indian languages like telugu, sanskrit

I don't want the 11s to ever get good at english. It's become endearing to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=eitRCKDU9Ic

is Suika contacting the 3d world?

you're

yahwee

Yah oi

Bait harder

England was constantly conquered and invaded by foreign countries, that’s why English is such a mess. Japan meanwhile was protected by a wind god but they decided to cuck themselves with China’s ass backwards turtle shell glyphs anyway.

>jiggy jiggy fooney high kin serampan nai rosokon doko?
Holy shit

Congratulations, Sup Forums, this thread is worse than its equivalents on Sup Forums. Autism to be proud of, I'm sure.