BONES, Production I.G and Studio WIT formed a business alliance with Netflix

oricon.co.jp/news/2104965/full/?ref_cd=tw

Netflix Japan announced on January 31st that it will make a comprehensive business alliance with anime studios, Production I.G, Inc. and BONES INC..

Netflix is planning to co-produce anime episodes with each, I.G. including WIT STUDIO, Inc. and Bones, and stream all over the world, 190 countries, on Netflix.

For Netflix, the alliance is to produce and convey high-quality anime works from Japan to 190 countries and reinforce its lineup.
For anime producers, creators, it will enable them to get more chance to make their works reach to more anime fans living outside Japan through Netflix's global platform streaming.

And for Netflix members, it will lead them to watch and enjoy high quality anime works from Japan without getting the language/cultural barrier.
Therefore, the alliance will let members, creators who engage in prodcing anime, and anime production, have "win-win-win" relationship on Netflix.

Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, the president and CEO of Production I.G, commented as follows:
"It is really grateful for creators engaging in anime that high quality contents from Japan will reach to people watching Netflix all over the world and enjoy them. I will exert myself to produce contents that will entertain people regardless of the language."

Masahiko Minami, the president of Bones, commented as follows:
"I feel this alliance that enables us to stream works to watchers all over the world has great meaning to my company's creators. Working with Netflix, I want to produce good works that will make an impression on many people, regardless of nationality and age, and keep on entertaining people for many years."

Robert Roy, the vice president of Netflix, commented as follows:
"Japan's anime has got high reputation about its unique visual impact and the depth of story from fans from all over the world.

Part 1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

animecorner.me/2018/01/netflix-making-business-alliance-with.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This time, I am really glad that making an alliance with I.G. and Bones lets us be involved in from the produce of anime works to stream them.
It would be grateful if Netflix can contribute to the development of Japan's anime culture, besides it, global streaming beyond countries and languages."

Production I.G INC. is a Japanese anime studio.
It has been producing The Ancient Magus' Bride, aka Mahoutsukai no Yome, this season which has been aired from October 2017.

BONES INC. is a Japanese anime studio.
It has produced the first and second season of My Hero Academia anime series. The third season will be aired this April 2018.

Part 2/2

animecorner.me/2018/01/netflix-making-business-alliance-with.html

Great news. Hopefully we get Vinland Saga, Kingdom and Berserk adaptations from these top tier studios.

Dreams as good as those never come true.

will netflix finally make anime less shitty again.

...probably not but one can hope.

to the people afraid of pushing a netflix agenda:

i would prefer some real sex scenes in non-h anime to the current state - you can skip the same sex stuff anyways

>for Netflix members, it will lead them to watch and enjoy high quality anime works from Japan without getting the language/cultural barrier.
that's a very bad thing, these people are not committed and they aren't even interested in anime for what it is, they just consume entertainment in whatever shape it comes.
It's over, the anime public is full of normalfags now, once they only used to like stuff like dragonball or naruto then they would move on with their lives; today instead we grant them access to more "niche" titles, they will ruin it: first say goodbye to lolis, to sexist anime tropes, to shady (but nontheless real) japanese anime subculture. The 2020 olympics will bring an end to anime as we like it.

shills

Wew

they meant having subtitles in multiple languages and dubs in about 10 languages

Can be something can be nothing

>more anime in Latin American Spanish

God bless Netflix

Glad Bones & IG got nice funding.
I just wish Khara & Mappa in it too.

I don't think Khara is interested in anything

Prepare for more social programming curtesy of george soros.

It will be something since high quality original anime will be created and good studios get big bucks, good monetary compensation

So if I want to watch all airing anime, I need to have accounts with
>Netflix
>Amazon
>Crunchyroll
>ATX

At 10$ per month, per subscription you have 40$ a month if you legally want to freely watch anime, even in Japan.

Seems like the move towards streaming hasn't made watching shows any cheaper. It's just more fragmented now.

One thread should have been enough. Now this is simply spamming the board.

>Mappa
Mappa is too busy swimming in YoI money to acknowledge the existence of Netlfix my man

>I don't think Khara is interested in anything
Exactly.
The fuck Anno is thinking?
It's like they're producing anime depend on their moods. Fucking hell.

>Bones
Show By Rock!! season 3 soon!

Anime directed by Del Toro when?

If I hadn't made this thread, someone else would've, with a most likely cancerous OP post and all kinds of stupid shit and bait. Now that these news are out, we'll never see the end of them.

yeah I know what they meant, that's a bad thing...the anime market should remain as Japanese as possible, without today's western social influence.
Just think about it, why do you watch anime instead of western media? It's because the culture and the social aspect of anime are japanese, even when you don't seem to find a link between the plot and the japanese society there are always character interactions and narrative style that are typically japanese; the more the modern western value invade this market, the less we will enjoy it unless, of course, you are a normalfag

Why stream when you can get it for free?

Say it with me, TORRENTS. Kill yourself if you are an actual legit paying streamfaggot.

Prepare for progressive social agenda and more black people in your animes.

I love Zankyou no Terror & Bahamut S2, despite how Sup Forums always shitting on them.
I hope their project with Ikuhara come out as nice series.

I agree with you. But core arguments of streaming as a platform is that it's cheaper. And it's not cheaper at all. Depending on where you live, it's more fragmented and even worse than this (Germany says hello).

Yep, torrents still reign supreme.

>black people
You're saying?

>status of anime: SAVED

You are just a kid. During the 70s and 80s, anime were hugely MAINSTREAM in my Country, Italy. Later, because of the predominant otaku culture in anime, they became a niche. I hope anime can come back to their GOLD AGE, the 70s and 80s. Less otaku pandering shit, and more good works for every taste.

>Neo Yokio with nigger MC
>Death Note movie with nigger L
>Devilman gay agenda and niggers rappers
Yeah, no.

Please

Will they follow Kuromukuro format? Because somebody needs to save fansubbing, again.

Kuromukuro was so fucking great. Shame no one cares about it.

You are too young to know WHAT Japanese animation WAS REALLY during her best decades. It wasn't garbage idolshit ecchi moe shows.

Anybody that thinks anything involving Netflix is a good thing is horribly naive.

I don't think so.
The upcoming B: The Beginning (IG) & AICO (Bones) anime will follow Devilman Crybaby format.
All in 1 day.

Yup. I once counted all the shows on Crunchyroll in US and in my country. My country was missing a lot of shows. Netflix in my country also doesn't have everything when you compare it to US Netflix. Also, paying $40 a month and not having access to all the shows is ridiculous.

>good anime studios get contracted for a lot of money, make good money that gives them extra stability in the shit anime industry
How is this a bad thing, you faggot. Most original anime that come out nowadays are fucking trash, this Netflix partnership might unironically save original anime.

>gay agenda
>All gay characters are evil

Crybaby is a Netflix exclusive. I don't know if the alliance means distribution rights or exclusive ones.

>"win-win-win"
aoi pls

shhh user don't talk to him. he hasn't taken his pills today

S2 when Netflix? PA works haven't touched space opera yet.

ma guarda un po' che caso strano, pure io sono italiano.
Anime was mainstream in Italy, yes, for kids. If you really like Mazinger Z and Daitarn that's fine, but you are not the main audience these shows intended.
Inoltre considera che gli anime in Italia non vanno praticamente piĆ¹ in onda nelle fasce orarie dedicate ai bambini: sono troppo "perversi" e "sessisti" e non presentano un buon esempio, una volta nonostante le cazzate del MOIGE i cartoni andavano in onda e io (e penso pure te) sono cresciuto guardando quasi esclusivamente anime

I watch a shitton of anime from the 70s to the 90s, plus I wasn't even talking about idolshit (which I don't even like), I was talking about the cultural and social background that anime has; you know, even in old show you don't see western propaganda about what is right and what is wrong, japanese society is very conservative and traditional, I'm saying that this is one of the reasons why (at least at a subconscious level) we love anime.

I expect a movie sequel or something like that.

No more of that. That's racist. Prepare for sulking niggers whinning about whitey keeping them down.

>and more black people
I hope so.

Can be something can be nothing

If they only put money and streaming, it could be okay. Sure, they will order some original anime to the Studios, and I probably won't watch those. I want Japanese written contents. But I want to come back to the gold age of anime. Anime today isn't what people like Osamu Tezuka, Tetsuya Chiba, Go Nagai, Isao Takahata, Leiji Matsumoto, etc. had created. I want that quality back.

WIT Studio is really one of the best studio right now, I'm glad they're finally get the acknowledgement they deserve.

EXACTLY WHAT I WANT
now, piss off.

Holy shit, the bible thumpers are alive and well.

Every nip studio want Netflix sweet bucks now

I hope most of them being still retain the same Japanese aesthetic anime has. God forbid US publishers demanding they make some action show like 24 or comedies like Big Mouth.

>I want that quality back.

you cant get that by involving the west just go look Sup Forums if you want proof of that

Cel animation isn't coming back faggot. You're going to get more shit like Crybaby that doesn't even look anything like the 70s and 80s.

Anime was mainstream for FAMILIES. Io non voglio storie pensate per un pubblico occidentale, ma storie pensate per il pubblico generalista giapponese, com'era durante gli anni 60, 70 e 80, non pensate solo per l'1% della popolazione giapponese! I am saying I still want anime thought for Japanese people, but not only for otaku, but for the mainstream audience, like during the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Praying to the anime gods that Netflix will have minimum interference in the animes that will be made.

Kabaneri actually brought back some of that classic 80's look.

As a black people not really, just brown I support this.

Kabaneri was garbage.

Kabaneri was shit, as is almost every so-called anime exclusive on Netflix.

>I hate fun action packed awesome shows. Let me guess, you also hate anything that isn't from the 90's or the 80's. Guess what, anime has moved on, you faggots, time for you to do it as well.

>I am saying I still want anime thought for Japanese people, but not only for otaku, but for the mainstream audience
Is this bait? There's plenty of anime for mainstream audiences. You're just currently living in a bubble on Sup Forums which only focuses on late night anime targeted at otaku, so your perspective is skewed.

Disney and Fox plan to leave Netflix.

Netflix operates on loans.

Hopefully, Netflix dies like Blockbuster after they go bankrupt.

See you slice of life shows, you probably won't survive to the mainstream audience that can only be entertained by explosions and guns everywhere.

Anime studios don't have that much power. They barely own any source material.

Netflix are retards. Publishers like Kadokawa own the source material, not anime studios with the exception of Khara.

I hate bad writing, action or not.

Nah Japan loves SoL, especially the one with moeshit in it. They are immortal in the industry.

>netflix is going to fund attack of zombies s2
Damm, you can't even make this up.

So is this the beginning of the end?

>netflix isn't going to simulcast any of them so we'll have to wait for fansubs instead of the usual HS
I for one welcome our new overlord, thanks to them fansubbing will make a comeback.

You are wrong though, since from now on, Netflix will mostly drop their originals in one go and the shows won't air anywhere else, so the first subs to be out will be the official ones and I doubt lazy hack fansubbers will re-translate an entire show at once.

darker times ahread

More pandering to SJWs
Anime is ruined

you people always act as if fansubs dont have a reason to exist anymore. most of them simply cant be bothered wtih the community anymore because it bitches about the translations all the time and is generally ungrateful.

>Netflix will mostly drop their originals in one go
I hate this stupid fucking shit.

>uses female pronoun
>is a cuck
Checks out

You are retarded, they can do whatever they want, especially with their own original projects, the ones that won't be available on TV or anywhere else.

I was speaking especially of stories. But yeah, if possible, I want also the same art styles.

Anyone who throw a wrench into Disney's and Fox's media empire is a good guy in my dictionary.

I know, doesn't change the fact that I hate binging anime and I want to discuss them on Sup Forums as they air, I fucking hate this stupid shit.

I sure hope this revives fansubbing, or Netflix at least ups their standards for subs.

This is a loli, better take a good look at it user, because soon they won't exist thanks to Netflix.

Plenty? Really? They are always the same: Doraemon, One Piece, Detective Conan, Chibi Maruko chan, Sazae San, Pokemon, Yokai Watch and shit like this. In the 60s, 70s and 80s the variety of mainstream anime was HUGE.

It was Amazon that had garbage subs for their animes, not Netflix. Though Amazon is also shit for other reasons.

>animes

>Voice: Akira-kun!
>Text: Akira!
unwatchable garbage.

Loli garbage must burn in the hell.

Maybe what is mainstream(your taste) back then has become niche nowadays

Thus begins american infiltration and destruction of anime. Hollywood 2.0

>animes
Do kill yourself.

>Vinland Saga, Kingdom and Berserk adaptations from these top tier studios.

It was bad beyond the honorific memery. The Yuki Yuna S2 subs was just plain wrong.

Next, you want them to write "yamero / yamete" instead of "stop".

Unlimited season of Boku no Hero Academia fuck yeah