Violet Evergarden

Anime original episode again.

Other urls found in this thread:

mimidoshima.wordpress.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>award winning novel
>gets kyoani'd

Why did they need the novel in the first place?

>award winning
It literally just won KyoAni's award though.

KyoAni usually improves the source material, but I haven't watched the episode yet

And the shittiest one yet no less.

Expect soap opera writing again, just like in episode 2.

For setting. It's a lot easier to write original content when you have the setting already done.

Just adapt the novel already, that's what people are buying and are here for. These people are so full of themselves.

>Violet losses her lip virginity to some faggot

no

What? Is that NTR?

>KyoAni usually improves the source material
t. kyoanifag

it was a dying soldier.

Aaannnd dropped.

I’m pretty sure the light novel is just as bad though, some light novel user said “anime original but it’s still good”

Which implies that this is same low quality writing we can expect from the light novel material.

"LN is better!!!" is a generic excuse.

I’ve never seen something overhyped this much and deliver so little.

When people hyped up your name I thought I’d hate it, turns out it was more then solid, not as good as they said but still a great anime.

I thought the same here I knew I would think it’s the best thing ever going into it, but that it would at the very least be entertaining.
This shit is an absolute chore to sit through, I don’t care about anyone, these episodic plot lines are so forced and predictable. The directing is super boring and uninspired, not a single interesting idea or concept worth talking about displayed.

This is quite literally the greatest disappointment for me.

That way they also get that money from novel sales

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

The LN is mediocre anyway.

See you next week.
>not a single interesting idea or concept worth talking about displayed.
Now this I agree with.

See you next week.

>These complaints come from people who have read the fan translation and they would have preferred to see a straight adaptation of the 13 chapters from the book. As the anime is 14 episodes long, they would’ve been okay if the show had one anime original episode. Concerns are however high now because that’s three anime original episodes already and it’s going to be very obvious that the staff will not be adapting all of the material found in the book. That’s fine. I don’t think the novels are particularly great anyway and the structure doesn’t lend itself to anime scripts well. Not all adaptations have to follow the source andViolet Evergarden definitely needs these three anime original episodes to ground its watchers to the setting. If the staff thinks there needs to be more anime original episodes, I’m all for it. The source is extremely flawed and requires humongous amounts of changes to it. There is nothing in the world and reason to care about anything in the story. Novels have better leeway with this kind of stuff because we can engage with the work in our own personal ways; however, an audiovisual medium is far more concrete and cannot rely on abstractions. If adapted straight, most people won’t ever care about the titular character or the world she’s in.

It first got rejected by Kodansha. That should've set off warning alarms, not hallelujah choruses.

Next week I'll be watching four caterpillars dodging bogans and box jellyfish in Oz, arigato very much.

You all are fucking morons.

Gayest post of the week.

Sounds boring.

UMX is such a fucking shill.

I love it, and you can't stop me from loving it.

Where is that from?

But that's not ultimatebetax, it's kastel-sama

mimidoshima.wordpress.com

I have no idea since I haven't read the novel. I used episode 2 as a reference since it's the most similar.

耳年間?ww

>耳年間
耳年増

>take a manga or novel
>change everything about it
>get praised by everyone
How does GodAni do it

when does this show become compelling

>light novel awards
>meaning anything

Remember when people hyped this up as the next big thing, then it turns out its just a boring mess of filters and Franxx and PTE are way more interesting.

KyoAni just seem to phone it in most of the time.

So they literally do high budget fanfiction works of the sources instead of doing adaptations

Woah, you shouldn't be mentioning good anime, you don't want this thread to hit bump limit so fast do you?

So it was another shit episode? KyoAni why

Except that light novels are far better than mainstream or general novels or character novels or salary man novels in japan. Wataru watari is just a dumb retarded writer

All kind of LN is bad though. LN is the most inferior medium.

IN MY LIFE
THERES BEEN HEARTACHE AND PAIN
I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN FACE IT AGAIN
CAN'T STOP NOW I'VE TRAVELED THIS FAR
TO CHANGE THIS LONELY LIFE

I WANNA KNOW WHAAAAAAAT LOVE IS
I WANT YOU TO SHOW ME

kyoanus has always been shit

What else is there to talk about in these threads?

I ain't taking that low effort bait. Kill yourself retard. I find it funny how these retards who don't even know japanese think that they can make a comment about Japanese literature

Ryuuou deserved every award it got

The promotional material made it sound like it was gonna be some trippy, well-animated adventure. I was expecting something fun like Munto.

Turns out it's just Ayanami Rei in a dusty french house doing grunt work and being autistic. I wouldn't call it a "bait and switch" but with all that hype people made for something, they could have told us the premise wasn't remotely worth getting excited about.

Ok, so Violet finally stops with the military salutes, and then the curtsy she does is so overdramatised that I burst out laughing
It's like they're trying their hardest to wow me with this extremely elaborate portrayal of the act (changing angles, slow-mo, dramatic sound, the whole shebang) while forgetting to actually make Violet herself interesting first.

No. Fuck you. It's Ishidate's fault.
I hope he gets hit by a car.

Hibike was done recently and it was really good.
I don't understand what happened during the production of VEG.

1/10 bait made me reply

>Turns out it's just Ayanami Rei
Don't insult Rei by comparing her with this thing.

demote ishidate

>I don't understand what happened during the production of VEG.
Two words: Taichi Ishidate.

Hibike was good

>I made a promise to myself I would finish this to the bitter end no matter how bad it might get
Why am I doing this to myself?

You want to see it improve. Maybe?

blind kyoanus sniffing loyalty

If you didn't drop it season 2, the initial episodes made sense after you finished it. Season 1 was great on its own.

>triggered LNfags

Hibike was really good. It had amazing characters that felt human as fuck.

Kyoani has always been great

KyoAni hasn't even been that bad lately, Hibike, Koe no Katachi and Maidragon were all pretty good. What the fuck happened here?

Boredom?

Literally who?

Different directors.

I scared that I start disliking it, but that didn't happenYet

It's him anonposting here to shill his blog.
I say report and ignore.

You see i don't like VEG light novel at all. I dropped it without even finishing the book. It's the most boring thing I've read and the anime's just the same with a bit of improvement. I just don't like people talking bad about light novel medium

Never. People love him way too much.

They talk bad about it because it's fucking trash.
Literally 95% is harem trash.

>絵コンテ
>武本
It's fucking over, not even Takemoto can keep this from sinking.

Takemoto just doesn't give a shit. His work on Hibike Euphonium was just as uninspired.

Violet NTGarden

Storyboarding can't save a shit script

was the award pic related?

You are totally talking out of your ass. You have no business talking about light novels unless you know japanese. You guys don't even get to read jintai or iriya no sora. There's no reason for me to even argue with you illiterates about the value of this medium

I lived in Japan for 4 and a half years, sweetie.
>thinking 2 exceptions saves the rest of the trashy medium

Haven't seen this show yet, So, I gather that it's shit right?

It's the anime of the year. A true masterpiece that will still be fondly talked about 10 years from now.

Paying off critics

To be honest you could put rei in most of violets scenes and they would probably play out exactly the same.

Not really. The Mizore arc is contrived as hell.

What is even there to talk about this show? There's not much in this show to warrant any deep discussions

You obviously haven't watched Evangelion.

You're too dumb to understand the subtleties at work here. You can write whole essays on every frame in Violet Evergarden.

I fixed it for you.

Please do. Pick a frame, write an essay and post it on your blog.

Rei bitchslapped Shinji in one of the first episodes.

The other thread is getting spammed by the chinese LN autist. So I figured I'd get drunk and post my frustrations here instead.

Periodic reminder: anime original is often superior to whatever pablum you were going to get anyway and only r2k deny this.

This is that one garbage director, isn't it?

Unironically this.

Kyoani are con artists.