Houseki no Kuni

>Moon gems can't leave the moon on their own
>Earth gems can't leave the earth on their own
The gems are not going to reunite for a while.
Will the moon gems integrate into the Lunarian society?
What will the earth gems develop under the guidance of Euclase and Jade?

The moon gems with the help of the lunarians will have to liberate the earth gems from the opressive government created by the evil dictator Euclase

Did any of you break my computer today in the morning?
It was in the previous thread of HnK, but I had to go to sleep and disconcerted
Leave the computer hibernating
But when I turned it on again, I threw an error in Windows Explorer
That he constantly asked me to restart it

This was the last message I saw:

>What gem would fit eurobeat? Maybe Yellow, since s/he's fast.

No one will believe your Moon fake news.
Gems will build a roof and the Lunarians will pay for it.

How did you sleep for that short of a time?

My internal clock does not work normally
My time to sleep is always late, sometimes I have to sleep during the day and sometimes at night.

Take a pic of your screen and let us see what is wrong

I risk that the screen freezes but I will try.

Hey guys, I found a happy Yellow!!

This is a blessed image.

i fixed your yellow

user,You're so cruel
You're right now, now it feels right to look at that drawing

I perfected yellow

>Will the moon gems integrate into the Lunarian society?
I still expect the Lunarians, Lustrous, and Admirabilis to unite once more to reform some shape of human society on the Moon. Might as well since the Earth is basically dead.

>Phos traded her Sanic speed for super flexible, versatile alloy arms
Still bothers me to be honest, Agate Genki was so underutilized. So much potential. We'll never see her speed across the Moon..
You deserve beatings for this shameful display, Happy Yellow is best Yellow. Also obligatory grinder suicide soon

I still wonder how everyone will manage to forgive scholar. She can tell everyone that she was only trying her hardest to bring back the grinded gems, expose Sensei's secrets, and make everyone whole again but she tore their trust to pieces and broke them tremendously. Only people who aren't half dead inside or angry as shit are Chinatown and Pad the Rappa.

>grinder suicide soon
Why would you even type that?

It'd be nice if Ichikawa could go over the true nature of inclusions, and how they're so powerful that they can power a gembutt for centuries. Some user was talking about it a thread or two ago, but in a sense the inclusions are like their personalities or souls. You had Padparadscha who's been sleep for almost his whole life and still manages to be one of the most insightful and collected gems thus far. And then there's Phos in general who inherited personality traits and mannerisms from Lapis when her inclusions took over the head. It's just a beautiful detail.

She's been dead inside for awhile now user, especially after this. Then again with Lustrous being unchanging in nature after decades, I'm starting to wonder if Yellow in general just has a depressed personality and always questions her purpose. Many other gems have lost partners (not as many) but didn't end up as hurt as her, so meh.

I think phos will discover she’s a human when she goes in to kiss sensei/cairn/aechmea and doesn’t shatter

>goes in to kiss Achmea
Are moon people soft? They dissapate like clouds when struck by swords. What are they even made of? I want to choke soft moonie neck

more phos gifs
plz

What is the proper way to refer to the gems? Around the last eps of the anime I noticed the gems are actually genderless, but on the manga translations i keep seeing "he". I don't know anymore

They are genderless, the translators just fucked up.

they refer to each other and some times themselves with male pronouns like he and brother.
I saw a good effortpost about it somewhere, but in story sensei just teaches them some semblance of language, and it happened to be that some male pronouns stuck.

Male pronouns are only being used to keep consistent with the original text. This is hardly an indication of their actual gender though since male pronouns also work as gender-neutral referrals in Japanese and it's probably being used out of convenience since the gems have no concept of it anyway. Beyond that, it really it doesn't matter what you call them between he/she. I've already seen Phos referred to as he and then change into she in one discussion and no one gives a shit about it (as it should be).

They are genderless but the original Japanese text refer to each other in mostly male pronouns, this is used by the author to show that the gems are not human but are merely using human speech, there's also subtleties in the pronouns that show their relationship like Dia calling Yellow Onii-sama and Bortz calling Dia Nii-chan.
The English fan translations try to capture some of the subtleties but the official translations chooses to take a simpler path and make them genderless.
How they refer to themselves and each other shows some of their personalities.

It might be a bit harder for the Admirabilis since there's no water in the moon and all.

Also I'm not sure if having the three races be human again would be a great ending; I'd prefer if they stay separated, but still form a mixed society with a symbiotic, if somewhat tensive, relationship with each other.

They're ghosts, they're the human soul.

How do the Admirabillis stay alive if there's no water on the moon?
Ventricosus refers to the "sweet waters of the moon" at least once as well

>she was only trying her hardest to bring back the grinded gems
She had to be reminded of that part

The Earth gems will flourish like never seen before with their own logic and civilization. Moon gem will be stuck with the moon people's ancient logic and ideals, never moving forward and never going back.

You know it, user

The hacker known as Sup Forums strikes again.
But to be serious I don't know what's wrong with your computer. Also, that wasn't last thread, but the thread before last thread.

Don't open LaPhos inside

>The absolute state of HnK threads.

Where is artbook user?

Busy with commissions.

I've seen people proposing the three societies coexisting as an endgame, lunarians changing their ways and accepting life but I don't think this is possible. In all the years of their existence they were unable to see the mistakes of their ways, and I doubt some uneducated gem (even Phos) could change their minds.

the absolute FISHING VILLAGE of euclase-fans

Euc & Jade!

Fishing villages are comfy, the moon gems are literally amon mass murders.

Jade and Euclase are cute!

That's because no gem like Phos existed who constantly altered things around them. She can communicate with the slugs, and is the first gem to communicate with Lunarians and come home from the moon.

What's the appeal for Jade, she's relatively boring.

She's a cute dork.

Great design, funny and charming personality,a bunch of cute and funny reaction faces and memes and a pure and innocent heart.

She's /ourgirl/.
Do you really have to ask why Sup Forums loves the green dorky one?

Together Jade and Euclase will lead gems to brighter future!

You're right.

I'm not sure either of them are the leader type. If Cinnabar could be persuaded to do it she'd be the better option as the actual leader, given that she probably understands Phos the best at this point and actually knows why Phos is betraying Sensei, unlike the others. In the event that this turns into an Earth v Moon scenario (depends if the Earth gems leave Sensei, which they might not), I don't see Euclase and Jade outdoing whatever Phos and Aechmea come up with.

putting an antisocial autist in charge wouldn't work that well either

She doesn't have to be sociable, she just has to tell them what to do

I want the earth gems to develop a electric chair to kill moonies using Watermelon Rourmaline electric power.

stupid sexy chinksha

>Great design

I just finished watching the anime. Where does the anime stop in the manga series?

A fucking leaf

I see nothing wrong with this.

Around chapter 32 (but there is one scene from 36, and a scene from 30 was skipped).

Just start from the beginning.

Is the scene that was skipped in 30 important to the plot?

It's about a hollow sunspot, which is just an illusion of one that quickly dissipates. So far it has not been brought up again.

But still, it's not just some SoL moment. It tells us more about the moonies.

I thought it was a reference (and a hint) to a fact that moonies could observe without attacking.

Could be.

>all of her decedents are genki green haired dipshits

No longer a hardness of 2.

>"Hello Bort, the Lunarians gave me some upgrades whilst I was on the moon!"

Can anyone explain chapters 54-55 as if I'm an idiot? Do the lunarians want to become human?

Moonies gonna moon

Will we see Red ever again?

Red Dia is dead, user.

Not quite
The lunarian's main goal is to pass on to the other world or just otherwise end their existence which has ended up being a living hell at this point. They could do this by either somehow making Sensei work and pray them away, or by becoming some other kind of existence that could die and pass on (or even creating one that could pray them away). Sensei was made by humans and presumably has to obey them, so it might be enough for the lunarians to create a human facsimile who could then tell Sensei to pray the lunarians away or tell them exactly why he's not doing it. Taking the gems away is them trying to psychologically pressure Sensei into praying them away, if it's because he's refusing to do so out of his own free will. There's a theory that there's a human particle in the pearl eye that Phos got, which is why Sensei didn't care about what Phos was doing and why he just straight up confirmed that he was made by humans, but whether that's actually true or not remains to be seen.

Probably not. I guess the lunarians could try rebuilding Red first to show that they could get everyone eventually, but it's not clear that those efforts will work

I just finished this series and Rutile is the cutest gem.

I'm reading it, I'm still a tad confused about why machine sensei is so important to the lunarians, but that might just be my non-fluence in English. I read the first 47 chapters in Portuguese and it was fine.

I understood that the vicious cycle of living for the lunarians was becoming unbearable, but didn't understand the connection with sensei not doing his job of praying correctly equaling the end of their suffering. So according to you, if he prays enough, the lunarians will die and finally be at peace?

Sensei constantly says it's his fault after every one of the taken gems is taken to the moon, but doesn't really do anything about it. Also, as for the eye, were they colorblind before? Phos said "now I see colours" so I was very confused since they described the gemstones in the past and, IIRC, their colors. I remember reading about their fragments being wanted for decoration too, but was that a theory or something the gems thought before finding out about the truth?

Your explanation helped quite a lot still, though. Thank you.

>"Ah!"
>"So this is what a human... Feels like!"

Fine taste my man.

Lapis a slut.

t. Nude model.

Holy shit, Phos just became a master manipulator. It's like she's going "have you heard about the good lord of the moon and are you interested in joining" at all the neighbors' doors. Absolutely based. Based Moon Witness.

Sensei's appearance is that of a Buddhist high priest, his purpose according to the lunarians is to help the souls of humans pass onto the afterlife, as they need prayers to do so and humanity was dying out at that point. You can see that he almost moves to pray with his hands at times, but always stops before actually doing it, but why he can't or won't isn't yet known.
The lunarians could also be lying or mistaken about what Sensei could do for them, as well.
Sensei blames himself when the gems are taken because he knows that they are just caught up between him and the lunarians. He just wanted to help them, but he's also let this situation where the lunarians constantly attack the gems and take them away persist for thousands of years, since he hadn't been able to find a solution to the lunarian attacks in that time.

I think the thing with Phos is probably an awkward translation, it's just supposed to represent that Phos got a lot more perceptive after getting Lapis' head.
The "gems are taken by the lunarians for decoration" thing is what the gems thought the lunarians were wanting to do with them, since they didn't know anything about what the lunarians or Sensei actually are.

I really wanted to like it, but it gave me an actual headache. I felt nauseous from watching. I've never experienced motion sickness but that snail in episode 2 really made me drop it.
What do?

I want to see a Lunarian harem develop for Phos, with a bunch of them hanging off the "new, cool, sexy gem".

read the manga

Read the manga.
Thank you, once again. As for the translation, I think it's because I couldn't find anything other than the "I edited this on paint and google translate!" one, but now around chapter 60 it seems to have gone back to decent editing and translating.

>moon gems are evil

C'mon. It's not like Aechmea would pit them all against one another under the guise of it ultimately benefiting the restoration project, right? Hahah, that's preposterous!

>dreamt I was dating Lapis last night
>she turned out to be fucking crazy
>bailed, cut all communications, never looked back

Is this a sign?

Aechmea's not going to let any of them have the chance to run back to the others now that they're on the moon.
None of the gems on the moon aside from maybe Phos would be willing to fight their friends or trust Aechmea anyway, so he's probably just going to leave it to Phos to figure out what to do from now on.

Aechmea is good.

I have finally caught up, I'm happy I can read all the threads now.

Clearly not good enough