The End of Evangelion

Just finished this, why do I feel like shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZBt5h7nyI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0
youtube.com/watch?v=5KM5VB2jk24
youtube.com/watch?v=R-_GeYPYD38
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just finished marathoning the first 10 minutes of this, myself. When does it get good?

Just search the archive for first 10 minutes. And you'll find the answer.

Don’t listen to OP. He’s most likely watched this show before. New people don’t actually watch Eva without being told constantly that it’s all worth it in the last two episodes and EOE which is true but the entire series is so outdated it’s even hard for me to watch anymore. A lot of people seem to forget the first 22 episodes of Eva are mediocre at best with a few shining moments. It will get good but you will need to wait until very late into the series and then the movie EOE is also good. If you want to watch what’s considered the modern Eva and have a better time I’d recommend Madoka.

Just finished marathoning the first 10 minutes of Madoka. When does it get good?

Madoka will guaranteed be one of the best anime you’ve ever seen. I had trouble making it past the first episode because I couldn’t get past the character designs and the thought that moe = shallow girls show but I’m very happy I decided to go through with it.

Also I’m not hating on Eva. Eva is good but you just need to be patient with it.

You are a complete newfag and I will break my rule of not replying seriously while looking for (You)s.
Fuck off.

I’m guessing you were lying about having not watched Eva? That’s actually pretty typical so I shouldn’t be surprised. A lot of people do that to try and get people to talk about the series.

New people don’t watch Eva anymore. That’s just how it is.

That's not me, I watched the anime over the past 3 days and watched EON today

Of course you’d say that to save face. That’s why you got so offended.

EOE*
I loved it, but can't understand how I feel.
It's sort off numb, and I want to cry but can't
Again, that wasn't me

Whatever you say.

I'm just a phoneposter

I’m not saying what you’re doing is bad. It’s typical with this series. I just know from experience that new people don’t acrually watch this series without being asked multiple times to finish it. That’s just my experience.

You mean the rebuild movies?

Most people that decide to watch Eva these days actually start and finish with the rebuilds. I know that’s hard for you to believe but that’s true.

>If you want to watch what’s considered the modern Eva and have a better time I’d recommend Madoka.
Pretty good bait, I'll give you that

Do an experiment. Go watch the first three episodes of Eva and pretend it’s your first time watching it again like when you was a kid keeping in mind that you’re used to modern anime now. It hasn’t aged well and it hard to watch. You’ll have a natural nostalgia biased to the show but deep down you’ll feel it.

I was planning to watch them over the weekend

Not bait. I know you probably stopped watching anime in 1996 but they still do make some good anime these days. I know you’re offended about what I’m saying but you’ve got to realize I’m also an Eva fan. I’m just being realistic. Madoka is just a better show.

There’s a reason Eva gets compared to Madoka as much as it does.

they're not even remotely similar beyond the most surface level shit

That's just not true though, Eva has aged well, it's just not pop culture, or in the modern anime style of being mostly empty.

I just watched 3.33 and it was kinda shitty. The whole thing felt like a poorly written fanfic.

Me too, I finished watching it a few weeks ago. I convinced myself it had to be worth it since people were still obsessing over it. And because of all the waifufaggotry. I had to know for myself which girl was truly the best girl. OMG wtf is wrong with asukafags, literally kill yourselves.
Anyway.
There are a lot of things that are super annoying and poorly done in the show (and it's getting old). Yeah it is a bit pretentious. But overall it deserves the praise it gets.
It reminded me of Nier Automata. It can be emotionally exhausting in a similar way. There are some clear inspirations from NGE there too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZBt5h7nyI

It's supposed to make you feel hopeful about the future and the fact that no matter how bad someone might hurt you, you can't shut yourself off from others.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0

I also just watched Eva for the first time just a little while ago when I was a kid.

because you just wasted 10 hours of your life,you will never get back

>The first 22 episodes of Eva are mediocre
Nigga are you fucking stupid

How?
It litterally does not say that or leave any kind of hopeful message at the end.
It just says "life is fucked up, don't attempt to make yourself or your situation better, accept the screwed up shit in life and just become a piece of shit that's stepped on".

>1996
>End of Evangelion released in 1997

What did he mean by this?

It's the whole rational behind why Shinji decides to leave the Tang. The hopefulness of the ending is that Shinji has made the step towards becoming a better and healthier person and the fact that no matter wither Asuka rejects him or not he will be able to go on and deal with it emotionally.

Stop being a brainlet holy shot.

That’s how I can tell you stopped watching anime a long time ago.

I just finished watching Evangeluon for the first time twenty minutes ago.

>just getting around to watching this

What the fuck have you been doing for the past 20 years?

He’s not alone. I just watched the series yesterday.

yeah, I only watched EoE today and I've been watching anime for a good 5 years or so.

I’m literally finishing up the last five minutes of EOE right now.

Why did you wait so long to watch it?

I read some analyses and commentaries afterward. It's interesting. The amount of symbolism is pretty extreme. There are a lot of details most people don't notice. It doesn't all mean anything though, a lot of it is style, or failed attempts at conveying something or random crap they used as filler. I mean, that's art for you.
Also interesting to consider that this was made when Japan was in a big economic recession. They call it their "lost decade". People were pessimistic. There was a lot of escapism. Similar stuff happened in the west after the financial crisis (but probably not as extreme).

Yeah, I think it also showed me something about myself

I've known about it for about 5 years (I'm 20) and never got myself to watch it until this week. Funnily enough I never got spoiled .

Anno himself was going through depression when making the show.

From everything I've read that is pretty much Anno's goal, to make people reflect on themselves and realize that they can improve the situations their in.

I was actually exaggerating a little bit. It’s been a good number of years.

Anno himself confirmed that almost everything holds deep significance in the series and that it’s not almost all just for show.

>Show's writer tells you how absolutely amazing everything about it is.
Yeah Anno's great but he's also selling you something (including his image) so there's going to be some bullshit here and there.

>Madoka

youtube.com/watch?v=5KM5VB2jk24

youtube.com/watch?v=R-_GeYPYD38

It’s funny because it’s actually true.

It's funny how you believe that

>Deep
Retards don't know what this word means. Anno had a story he wanted to present and he did, and he did it how he wanted.
It isn't trying to say anything deep about life other than being a NEET is fucking shit and you should stop it.
As a massive faggot with a mommy fetish the freudian aspects were relatable to me and I think most people can relate to Shinji to some degree

Because you haven't understood it yet, don't worry, took me a few days as well.

Most people that didn’t stop watching anime in the 2000s believe it. Try giving it a shot. Unlike you I’ve watched both.

>inb4 I watched both as well

No you didn’t.

Why are people making threads on this dead franchise when we could be discussing Darling of the Franxx?

People are desperate to experience the series again so it’s fun to pretend you’ve just watched it in hopes that sombody else comes along that legitimately just watched it and is willing to discuss the series with the same amount of interest you had when you originally watched it. I would recommend watching something new and similar.

Sadly not one person in this thread actually just watched Evangelion. You can tell they’re all pretending because I’m pretty damn sure their reaction and willingness to talk about the show wouldn’t be over after one or two posts. Literally just watch Madoka if you want to experience it again.

probably because it was shit
>evafags

Most people who continue make these threads refuse to watch new anime, which is a shame. There is some cool new stuff out there.

I know for a fact they do user because I used to be one of them. I’d say all my old favorites were the best series ever and all new anime is shit but the problem was me.

But that's false, alot of good stuff is coming in the Spring.

Madoka is one of the worst anime I have ever seen

I don’t think you got what I was saying. I admitted I was wrong. I learned by actually trying to find it there’s almost always good anime around.

I watched it a few weeks ago and I've been collecting pics of it ever since then kek.

Try watching it.

I guarantee you didn’t but whatever.

I watched it, not the movies tho

The difference between you and me is I’ve seen both series while you’ve seen everything Eva has to offer and a couple YouTube clips of Madoka so you can sound like you know what you’re talking about.

Does Rei like water?

Rei is water

I really think that maybe there are more differences between you and me, I would be afraid if that were our unique difference
You should watch more anime then

>are you stupid?
>no further elaborations

wat
I thought she spent a lot of time in a cloning vat so water might be comforting to her.

Because seeing Asuka's cosmic comatose cantaloupes gave you an erection.

How can you be so delusional so that you can't see how bad a show is and that you're one of the only ones who doesn't get it, the characters are all 2d as fuck and one note, nothing happens between episode 2 and 10 and everything that does happen is retarded.

Something ends
Feels
Acceptance
Find something new

I’ve watched more anime than you guaranteed. You’re still talking about Eva.

>nothing happens between episodes two and ten

This is how I know you stopped watching anime a long time ago. That statement right there especially since episode ten itself can be considered the greatest episode of anime ever. It’s the youngest anime episode in Japan to make the god list.

>Just finished this,
NO YOU DIDN'T! GO KILL YOURSELVEF AND DELETE THIS BAIT THREAD.

>First 22 episodes suck
>Last two episodes 'all worth it'
Wtf is wrong with you? How do you hate everything good about the show and like everything bad about it?

I didn't talked about EVA tho I only talked about Madoka, you are weak on the path of the bait
You will only get 4 yous as maximum for responde from bored retards like me if you continue to type like that

And Asuka is fire?

Madoka is decent, but not amazing. Sayaka is the one redeeming character in an otherwise above average show. By the time it gets to the end, I'm already bored of the obviously telegraphed 'save all the witches' wish.

You’re literally in an Eva thread right now. I only came here to tell people in this bait thread to watch Madoka because it’s legitimately a better show. Why are you here?

How to tell if sombody has never actually watched Madoka

>Sayaka is the one redeeming character

Madoka is pretty terrible. I just rewatched it and without the shock factor, the huge cracks start to show. Good shows only get better with every rewatch. Madoka just fell apart on the first rewatch.

Unpopular opinion time!
I love the first 7 episodes and the last 3 episodes the most out of all Eva media. Those were the highlights of NGE for me.

You're right, sitting on my ass and watching an anime is too hard, so I just have make unfounded opinions instead. Some people actually have more discerning tastes and can come to different conclusions than you.

But I didn't say nothing about EVA brainlet

>Madoka is pretty terrible. I just rewatched it
>I just rewatched it
>rewatched

First of all you didn’t “just rewatch” anything and I highly doubt you’ve even watched Madoka in the first place. The truth is you’re hurt because sombody is telling you that your show is outdated and only the movie and last two or three episodes are what made it stand out at all along with the fact that people think it’s deep or meaningful. Madoka is only twelve episodes old man. Just watch it.

Why did you come here if you weren’t about to start talking about Eva?

I've watched it twice and thought Sayaka's story was great both times. It doesn't have the rewatch factor that Eva has though. To be honest, I can't think of any shows that are genuinely worth rewatching aside from Eva. Doesn't make them bad, it just has more to absorb/notice looking at it in retrospect.

Eva doesn’t have a rewatch factor at all. I’ve rewatched Madoka multiple times with different friends and I’ve never watched Eva since seeing it for the first time.

First 6 were good, episode 7 was probably the worst in the series.

I’ll go back and watch YouTube clips of Eva but I’ve never actually felt the need to watch the entire show again.

to read the thread
can you be more stupid?
the absolute state of madoka fans