Does Sup Forums like horror?

Does Sup Forums like horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I5LKs6LlsPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_O8ijfNpidU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In manga.

Serial Experiments Lain is a better psychological horror serie than all the animes of the image desu.

>Parasyte
>Horror

Paranoia Agent is among my favorite animu; there is nothing so chilling as that ending music:

youtu.be/I5LKs6LlsPQ

Does anything come close to this series? Elfin Lied was a trainwreck from the first ep, and I never grooved with Another.

>Serial Experiments Lain is a better psychological horror
It's also the most boring and has aged like milk.
>inb4 pleb

pleb

brainlet

2spook

what's the show in the top middle?

There's a difference between not understanding it and simply not enjoying it due to it's bad pacing and the fact nothing happens.

pleb

It's called Midori.

youtube.com/watch?v=_O8ijfNpidU

The filter worked.

Thanks user I've been looking for this for awhile but I forgot what it was called.

>MAL tags

There's a difference between a classification and me actually feeling trepidation from a show.

Not real horror.

Of course.

>Not real horror.
Tell that to Iwaaki who specifically said it was meant to be body horror. The fucking guy drew inspiration from Cronenberg and Carpenter films.

You welcome. It's good shit.

Not him, but I've watched 3 minutes of it and already feel like a brainlet. I like it

fun fact: milk is pasteurized which means no matter how old it is or bad it smells, it'll never get you sick.

>animes

>brainlet
Why do people keep using this word? Is retarded not offensive enough or is it backwards since you don't want to offend retards?

They use it because they do not know how to handle differing opinions.

higurashi had a fantastic, interesting story but goddamn was the pacing slow as fuck. awful character designs too, not sure they could be made worse.

>higurashi had a fantastic, interesting story but goddamn was the pacing slow as fuck.
The problem is those first 5 episodes are great and then the story resets itself. After that you have to sit through 2 episodes of "everything is normal UNTIL". The fact that it makes you re-invest into the story every couple episodes is obnoxious and the build up just drags on. Thought it could have been handled better.
>awful character designs too
Well that's DEEN for you.

I'm thinking about watching Parasyte actually.

>I'm thinking about watching Parasyte actually.
You can skip. There are things that are left unanswered, has corny comedy elements that really don't mesh well with the horror, and the ending is absolutely cheap as fuck. Also the MC is OP even when he shouldn't be. He literally defeats characters who could destroy him in seconds. Nothing but asspulls.

There are different kinds of horror so it’s still horror.

higurashi anime is just another entry in a long list of visual novel adaptations that are best experienced by reading the visual novel instead. The only thing it has going for it is the guro

>Mnemosyne
Hey thanks for reminding me. That was maybe the worst thing I've ever watched.

>The fact that it makes you re-invest into the story every couple episodes is obnoxious and the build up just drags on. Thought it could have been handled better.
completely agree. by the fourth or so time it happened i had to put it down for a few months. going through the cycle twice would have been sufficient imo, maybe with the third leading to something else.
>Well that's DEEN for you.
not familiar with DEEN or most anime studios in general(somewhat new to it all), but i feel like even they should have known had bad the designs were. and not only were they bad, they clashed so heavily with the overall mood of the show. i get using the contrast of cutesy characters with a dark story, but they went to far with it that it just sucks you out of things.

>those
>horror

shiggy diggy m8

>That was maybe the worst thing I've ever watched
You haven't seen anything then.

There's no such thing as a horror anime.
Anime is and can never be scary

>Anime is and can never be scary
Nothing in any medium is scary to me but that doesn't mean they should not be categorized as horror just because you don't find them scary

bump.

Yes.
I need more of it and would love suggestions.

I only like anime that makes me shit myself because the laxatives don't help.

Pretty sure some of these would be considered horror.

It's odd to see uncensored vag in anime.

you're retarded.
this.

Media is never truly scary because to be scared implies you feel in danger. No matter how good the film or show is, you are always aware in the back of your mind that nothing is real and true fear is impossible to capture.

DEEN is responsible for the super cute Ito adaptation girls though, even if they don't move very much.

It's good, but don't expect horror.

They're also responsible for the glory that is Angel's Egg and Trust & Beytrayal, but they're mostly known for putting out garbage shows that look like shit.

I honestly feel like if they had more money they could do really well. For example, Ito looks really good until something moves, but even then they're very good at the budget animation techniques. If they could just animate for real like a good studio, I think the results would be great.

>Ito looks really good until something moves, but even then they're very good at the budget animation techniques. If they could just animate for real like a good studio
Ito is a bad example because it's a very distinctive style. It not that the animation is crap, it just tries to be both an anime and a manga. It chooses to use limited animation on purpose to really enhance the still images much like the manga.

>really enhance the still images
Look at Long Dream.

Put Occultic;Nine there and I’ll say yes.

>Put Occultic;Nine there and I’ll say yes.
But it's shit.. and not in a good way.

I thought that that shitty meme anime showed that you could probably make scary anime work.

d...did it?

I thought that dog was holding a confederate flag. I must be going crazy.

fucking loved Kagewani

but does it love you?

nobody loves me

I like plenty of Horror anime but don't find much of it scary. I thought the Junji Ito Collection would break that trend but it turned out to have shit direction and a few hamburgers as the budget.

>Angel Cop
Angel Cop is a fucking hilarious action romp.

>Has aged like milk.
Still no anime with the same level of complexity, and in animation being low budget anime still so good like Eva.