Nanatsu no taizai 253 spoilers

Spoilers are out
TL
"Sunshine."
The grace my late little brother Mael of the Four Archangels is gifted with!!
His power increased with the sunrise and when noon approaches, he took pride in his strength I cannot possibly hope to be on par with.

But my brother was defeated by the Ten Commandments…
Eh? Eh?
His grace was lost again…

...you're saying that grace
is this power that I possess?

Other urls found in this thread:

dsgstng.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And the summary

Elizabeth's at the castle and says "Wait… Meliodas." King and Diane sit by the bed of an unwell Elaine. The Fairy wants Ban and Captain back. Merlin talks with Gowther while fixing his body. Gowther has a request and Merlin hears it but his line isn't shown but that got Merlin to ask him if he's serious. Escanor and Hawk discuss while walking in the town. Meanwhile, the Archangels are drunk. Ludociel uses a spell to get over it and notices a presence. Escanor then meets the same Archangel who asks him who he is. The Sin introduces himself. He then explains his power and proceeds to say it's a cursed power. This irritates Ludociel who attacks Escanor, asking him who it was that he took it from. A question that the Sin doesn't understand. The Archangel says that the graces are bestowed upon the Archangels by the Supreme Deity just like the commandments are to the Ten Commandments by the Demon King. His is "Flash", Sariel's is "Tornado", Tarmiel's is "Ocean" and Mael's is "Sunshine". Ludociel then asks Escanor to release the grace if he doesn't want to die. The Sin of Pride says that he was born with Sunshine, that the grace basically chose him. Escanor tells Ludociel he should thank him since he's on his side. The chapter ends with Ludociel saying Escanor will be useful and with the latter telling the former not to get in his way. Title of next chapter is "Camelot of despair".

So, Escanor basically.

>Explaining Sunshine
Lame, but it's cool that Escanor essentially told the pidgeons to fuck off.

This pretty much confirms that Mael was indeed the strongest fighter in the holy war. Escanor is just a human but even in his hands Sunshine is really OP, so with the goddess clan having higher base stats + goddess healing + ark + brainwashing abilities added on top Mael would've easily been stronger than Mel anywhere near noon, maybe even without using his equivalent of The One. I don't particularly like this connection between Escanor and the goddess clan but it's something people have been theorizing about for a while now and it does give an explanation for Escanor's powers.

Also since Mael's grace is Escanor's magic, does that mean that all the graces behave like a magic ability that can be activated at will rather than as passive ability that triggers on its own? I mean Sunshine is obviously not controllable but Sariel's Tornado seemed to be. That would mean that either the archangels have 3 magic powers per person(ark, personal and grace) or the goddess clan doesn't have personal magic and rely solely on their clan magic instead like the giants. The goddesses not having their own personal magic abilities would be lame considering that it would probably mean no new goddess characters, since what's the point of introducing more generic fighters? I guess there could be some goddesses that are sorcerers like Chandler or maybe with some kind of unique physique that would make then distinct. It's a bit weird how the demon clan still has unique abilities in addition to their darkness but somehow none of the other clans have both clan and personal magic, aside from the druids who are basically just imitating the goddess clan.

Sunshine is controllable, to an extent. Like when Escanor played dead against Galan until he was strong enough to kill him.

The nature of sunshine is one of the cores of Escanor character of course it was gonna be explained

>Ludociel then asks Escanor to release the grace
So the graces can actually be extracted too. Oh boy.

inb4
Is there an anime character stronger than Estarossa?

And I'm referring to the demon prince Estarossa with the physical full counter and the powers of darkness(with hellblaze) equipped with his swords of rebellion and in possession of the Demon King's 10 commandments of piety, love, purity, reticence, faith, truth, pacifism, selflessness, patience and repose as well as the Supreme Deity's 4 graces of flash, tornado, ocean and sunshine with Mael's soul inside him and with access to his Indura transformation as well as being extremely strong and cunning.

Ah so they finally explained Escanor.

>Escanor really was a human
Biggest surprise.

Always digged that the strongest sin is a human.

How long before the Goddesses realize that humanity has sucked up all the magic from 3000 years ago and decide they want it back as well?

>They remove Sunshine from his body
>Author pulls off a Kamijou Touma where the first power only serves to hold the actual strenght back

There might still be something weird about him, considering he somehow ended up with the grace. Maybe the Rosa girl who helped him escape from his homeland is actually a goddess? She would have to be pretty high ranked too, like the Supreme Deity's secretary or Elizabeth's sister, in order for her to be able to bestow the grace to Escanor.

>Escanor annihilated Estarossa while using the power of the strongest guy that he probably killed
>And he did it without being at his peak strength
So, either Mael had hate in him and was useless against Estarossa, or he was weaker than Escanor maybe because Escanor's sun is better

I wonder if any human can become that strong by receiving the grace of the Supreme Deity or if Escanor is special and that´s why he can use it.

Maybe Mael powers are also lowered during the night.

Merlin will now have no interest in Escanor since she will know where his power comes from

No it'll be proof for Escanor that she likes him for his personality.

>Gowther has a request and Merlin hears it but his line isn't shown but that got Merlin to ask him if he's serious
I wonder if this is related to Chandler being able to use a seal on him? Maybe he's asking Merlin to make him non-demonic. Perhaps it's the return of the Pinocchio subplot where Gowther wants to be a real boy. Might even be another powerup for him.
>Ludo's is "Flash", Sariel's is "Tornado", Tarmiel's is "Ocean" and Mael's is "Sunshine"
Sunshine we already know about and Sariel's Tornado is presumably the wind barrier around him that shredded Derri's arm to the point that even her demon powers couldn't regenerate it. Tarmiel probably hasn't used his but what about Ludo? He's used small laser beams and the giant cannon, long range tracking and portal creation, very fast short-range teleportation and a magic barrier. Hard to say what counts as standard ark powers and what as Flash. Could be that a large amount of his attacks are actually Flash since Sariel and Tarmiel used different kind of attacks.
>Title of next chapter is "Camelot of despair"
Is Mel despairing about Elizabeth? Did Zeldris return to find out Cusack has killed his vampire waifu? Did Estarossa bring the corpses of Monspeet and Derri there because he can't extract their commandments on his own? Has Arthur been captured? There are a lot of things that can go wrong in Camelot.

Pretty decent chapter overall, but I hope Nakaba doesn't spend too much time on the setup here. If Escanor is strong enough to confront Ludo then it's daytime again which means it's been almost two full days since Elizabeth's 3-day timer started and a little less than a day since Ban went to Purgatory. That's more than a 1000 years from Ban's perspective. It's also been around half a day since Esta and Zel went to collect the commandments, which means they should be done by now or else they won't make it back to Camelot in time. Maybe this is what the next chapter title is referring to?

>Tarmiel probably hasn't used his
Tarmiel easily reformed himself after Derrierie's beatdown and after Galan bisected him from head to groin, I assume that it was his Grace. He also seemed to suffer a bit more from Monspiet's sneak magic attack (we can't be 100% be sure about him suffering more, but Monspiet's magic attacks are fire-based and after it he was out of the battle for a bit).

Yeah, interesting how it seems like at least 2 Archangels were pretty dependent on their Supreme Deity's Graces in battle, while most of the Commandments have to rely on their own abilities, since their Commandments aren't power-ups but Curses that activate when a certain rule is broken. I do wonder if the Graces have a downside to them.

>which means it's been almost two full days since Elizabeth's 3-day timer started
Pretty sure that the timer starts when she awakens from her sleep, no? Then that means that it is almost one day, not two before her curse-induced demise.

Elizabeth is so beautiful, so perfect. She deserves love and happiness.

>Estarossa was able to kill Mael when his power is exactly the same as Escanor's
>didn't even recognize Escanor's as the same as Mael
>it's likely old Escanor is what Mael looks like too
Too many fishy things here Nakaba

>Estarossa was able to kill Mael when his power is exactly the same as Escanor's
Gee, it's almost like there is a certain time period when this power is completely abscent.

Sneak attack at night

I dislike that Sunshine is Goddess in origin and essentially a commandment. Would have been cooler and in my opinion, more fitting if his power was truly his own and human in origin.

I wonder if Mael could delude himself into seeing a sun like Escanor could with Merlin.

Yeah, now humans really have jack shit compared to every other species besides raw numbers.

>he doesn't remember Arthur and muh superior Japanese steel

Shouldn´t Mael have his own powers too?

Its almost as if Nakaba as been writing along. Estarossa's character is a mess and has undergone about 3 rewrites.

Stop there Est-- uh Mael?

Yeah but it's not like any archangel has shown to be comparable to a demon prince. Mael during night time should be easily killable by Esta.

I don't think it was really specified, it's just 3 days from her regaining her memories. It's open to interpretation whether the timer started when she recovered the first memories or when she fell unconscious or when she woke up with all her memories. She started acting weird sometime in the afternoon or so when the Sins left Liones, fainted a few hours after that in the evening and woke up at close to noon the next morning. So depending on where you start counting it's been somewhere between 24-44 out of 72 hours now. Something to keep in mind is that the time of day is probably going to be critical here, considering all this stuff about Escanor and Mael. I'm guessing we're going to see another fight where Sunshine either getting stronger or becoming weaker will be a key factor, a kind of race against time.

Considering the Supreme Deity's face is literally a sun, he should be able to.

I'm not sure if it would work since Sunshine is a grace, but it would be cool if Mael resurrected and still had Sunshine. That would set up a really cool fight between Escanor and Mael where both had the same fluctuating power, with Mael perhaps being somewhat stronger due to goddess powers. Escanor usually just relies on overpowering his enemies with Sunshine but this time he would be up against someone who would always be able to match him in power, even with The One(which would be a bit contradictory if there were two of them). It would basically come down to a battle of skill or wits among two giant bruisers.

I hope Ban starts noticing jericho

Comandments curses seem more like tools to rule over the world, wich makes sense since the demon king created them when the demon world was still chaotic and most likely not united.

This is the buff that Escanor needed. He always thought his power was a sin, but now that he learned it's actually the highest grace, he'll be able to activate on will. Get ready for some Escanor stomping, all it takes is one minute to take out all of the demons.

Probably don't even need to do that since Chandler can just straight up wipe out light.

So why didn't Estarossa or any of the other demons notice Escanor's power is EXACTLY THE SAME AS MAEL'S?

Nakaba is a bad writer or the Goddesses and Demons are so haughty they don't care about what other people's abilities are because they can more or less kill everyone. The Ten Commandments didn't even know about the Graces or they would have mentioned it. Especially Meliodas who has been with Escanor this whole time.

>Explaining the power
Not a fan

Well, the archangles at least are aware of the comandments.

I don´t mind, but Nakaba should have used some foreshadowing.

This. Right after the chapter he mentions Mael got killed by Estarossa, it turns out Mael's power is Escanor's. Like really? Come on Nakaba.

Rosa's presence and the thunder symbol in her fingernail in Escanor's flashback could be counted as foreshadowing, as little as it is. I agree Nakaba should have given us more hints, though.

>Estarossa is told Mael is powerful as fuck during the day
>Don't take any risk and kill him at night

All of this smells like round two of Escanor VS Estarossa, which I'm looking forward to.

Estarossa saying "You should be dead" before getting blasted into a coma would have been nice.

So since Arthur is Escanor and Merlin's son and all, does he have a bit of Sunshine too? Is he Merlin's sun and therefore always has the ability on?

Nakaba is all over the place with Estarossa, appearing on meliodas wanted poster, having memories of elizabeth, not having a teacher like his brothers, not being acknowledge as demonking candidate and no all of nowhere were lead to belive that the only guy who killed not only one of the four archangel's but the most poweful one is not acknowledge by the demonking as candidate but also didnt even recognize escanor power as same as mael like wtf,

So far it seems that the other archangels got the short stick compared to Mael.

Aside from Wind, we don´t know what Light and Ocean do, but I can´t see them being stronger than The Sun.

The comandments curses are all more or less equally powerfull/useful.

Meliodas, you aren't supposed to love her so much right now, you know?

>a power from a bitch that along with her buddy Demon King raized his waifu's city to the ground
I doubt it.

Bad writing or someone messed up with Estarossa´s memories.

>not having a teacher like his brothers

I don´t see that ship going anywhere, but now Merlin and Escanor have something in common.

Also Nakaba said that Escanor´s country no longer exists, so that makes it two things.

They didn't even know what Archangels' powers were when they fought them and they needed to fight Mael when it was easier to kill him so they got lucky and fought him during some night?

Flash lets him instantly shoot a giant laser beam. Seems pretty good to me. They were how far from Zeldris yet that thing moved like it was faster than an IBM? Zeldris could block it for whatever reason, but we don't know why. Ocean is obviously going to be some water magic. The Goddess Diety has waves right at her feet.

So Escanors sunshine is a power that only the Archangels possess. But it can't be as strong as it was against Estarossa if he beat him, either Esta killed Mael in the night or Escanors has a different power that multiplies his other powers

>not being acknowledge as demonking candidate
Being an unstable power-hunger demon with a hidden agenda is reason enough for his father to be wary of him from the beginning.

>not being acknowledge as demonking candidate
He outright stated he wasn't interested, and really, Mel is the only one that the demon king has ever acknowledged as his successor.

Their relationship is probably closer to that of a child molester and a kid, not teacher and student. Nice to see that Estarossa has at least one friend though, she is a real succubus too.

The only requirement is that it's stronger than Ludociel, so it's possible that Escanor is better with it. Just like how all the TC are supposed to be equal in power, the four graces should be too.

>He outright stated he wasn't interested, and really,
And do you think mel also didnt? It's really weird that the demonking didnt care about his son who managed to kill the strongest archangels, not only that but this was never foreshadow during his introduction or during the fight with escanor

Well, it was kind of foreshadowed that Estarossa is the strongest of the pack. We just don't know what his full powers are yet.

Estarossa is probably the child of the demon king and the goddess

Mel and Vegeta are prolly the children of a qt womanlet succubus.

Like I said, Mel is really the only one the DK ever acknowledged in the first place. Zel was his "representative" during the war, but never his successor.

Wouldn't this mean that Supreme Deity can take the grace from Escanor?

>Escanor will get killed by Estarossa and he takes Sunshine
>now the only person who can take down Estarossa is the King of Camelot Arthur Pendragon
>this is how his legend begins

Who knows, the same goes for the blessings that Merlin received, but she still has them.

Yes, Escanor can be fodderized in an instant if the SD wills it.

where's "Escanor is stronger than gods" shitposter now

>still has them
>when she got petrified by Galan

>Estarossa killed Mael
>But Escanor stomped Estarossa so hard even Zeldris got caught in the blast
So Estarossa confirmed being a bitch who attacked at night?

Maybe it's more like people living at different times can have the same power and they're not universally unique. I mean there must have been some families in the series already with similar powers between generations.

>Escanor was playing dumb
>was actually undercover agent of the goddess
>makes his case for mel and elizabeth to be freed from the curse
>punishes bitchboy archangel for trying to overthrow the goddess
>escanor goes back to his home planet after his mission is over and spending a whole night banging loli merlin

I thought he might do Merlin's gaiden next, given the recent reveals about her, but now I'm thinking it will be Escanor's. Guess he'll save Mel's for last.

Maybe Mael fucked some chick and accidentally passed down Sunshine in his sperm, and Estarossa used this opportunity to defeat him.

So which goddess clan member was the one that told Ban to kill Mel? And what would the point even be if the curse was rather common knowledge?

It's been 3,000 years m8

Probably some low ranking member. IIRC, that plot thread was tied up in the "Signs of Holy War" special with Mel destroying the horn.

Pic related

What a retard. What were you expecting ?

You guys should watch it, by the way. All four episodes were written and storyboarded by Nakaba, so it's at least partially canon.

It wasn't really resolved, I doubt that the Goddess died from it. She just lost her connection to this realm for a time being.

And I mean, it's not really in kind Meliodas's style to kill somebody, like a defenseless horn person. It could be Elizabeth's friend mentioned in Q&A.

>since Arthur is Escanor and Merlin's son
Elaborate.

I know it's bullshit, but still.

I guess we might get an explanation as to this was soon.

She mentioned the fact that his appearance was still the same after all these years and also asked him if he'd like to continue their fight from 3000 years ago. It's unclear whether mentioning his appearance was her acknowledging the curse or being surprised about it, but the fact that she asked about fighting suggests she's not a regular goddess, since Mel was at least on paper, allied with them. She also knew about Ban's connection to Mel either by observing them(through Elizabeth's earring maybe) or by reading his mind. This suggests that she was actually the SD, but this raises the issue of why was she in the horn if the deities can't exist in Britannia? I think this means that the horn is not actually a vessel per say, but just a means to communicate with the goddess realm, like it was initially introduced.

>thunder symbol in her fingernail
You can kind of see some kind of symbol there but it's partially covered so you can't say for sure that it's the goddess symbol, although Rosa definitely seems like a goddess.

new episode 4 will start in 2-3hrs here:
dsgstng.com/

Retard

Where were the TC sealed again? It wasn't the Demon Realm right? Since if it was, they wouldn't be complaining so much. And how come the Demons and Goddesses fight in the Human Realm anyways? Fairies have their own Realm but Giants don't seem to?

>the goddess in the horn knows that Mel is alive and that he's friends with Ban
>Jenna and Zaneli possessing the human twins don't know anything
>Nerobasta doesn't know that the demon clan has been resurrected until after Denzel releases her
>Ludo is aware of the demon clan's revival and what they're currently doing and can even telepathically communicate with people a fair distance away while sealed, but can't tell that Nero was killed
How does all this work? Is being able to sense the outside world a matter of power or are the higher ranked goddesses somehow in communication with each other even without physical bodies and just choose to leave the lower ranked ones in the dark?

so is fraudin dead or still a little bit alive inside of Dreyfus since he mentioned sharing their bodies?

Ludo is intelligent unlike the other Goddesses. Also he should already know Nero is either killed or not. It's hard for us to confirm either way because she didn't really die, the vessel did.

also I love how fraudin was such a good actor that he ended up getting swallowed by his own lies.

makes me wonder if he had a son who was offed by the angels. His past would make an interesting Gaiden.

The Goddess in the Horn knew that Ban was Meliodas's friend? I thought she just told him to do something she wanted someone to do and she would grant him his wish (at least she claimed she would).
>Nero was killed
I believe in those boobs.
Also, most likely the volume extras about the Druids and Trolls will reveal that there was a Goddess in the Druid Altar (and that's why it gets destroyed) and he/she controlled Trolls into attacking the traitors (Jenna and Zaneli).