Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

I don't mind the old style but I genuinely feel the softer and more rounded look makes for a much cuter girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/Qv6AABE.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your "genuine feelings" are inaccurate. Fluffier hair is cuter, a nose is cuter, and puffier cheeks are cuter.
Also a lower mouth is horselike, very uncute, and blurry round eyes are less expressive therefore less cute.
the 10s style doesn't make for cute girls, it makes for weak inexpressive girls.

I prefer right for the eyes, but left for everything else

Newer style looks less retarded.

I much prefer 10s. I've always hated 90s anime art style

I like noses, and I hate how every anime girl looks like an old child rather than a young woman now.

I like left more, my only complain is that characters always look dirty.

'10s makes everything look kinda generic and CG
'90s looks just retarded

i prefer it when they have more distinct facial features

And yet you've posted a typical example of uncanny valley effect.

Late-80s-early-90s is the best
But good character design and art is good in any era

That's why 80s is much better than 90s because they don't have those dumb lines on their cheeks.

10's style is soulless shit. And it's notable that most of the characters drawn in it tend to be unexpressive as shit, because the focus is on keeping characters on-model and flawless as much as possible, whereas 90's style had a much stronger focus on actual animation and expression.

This too, even a traditionally ugly style can be refreshing and charming if done well. Look at Kaiji.

>I've always hated good-looking designs

but they do, idiot

either on the cheeks or on the top of the nose

they're a very effective way to show the volumes of the face without having to add extra shading

I hope your picture isn't intended to be an example of 10's style because that is quite clearly 00's style which none of us claim to like.

Do you have even the vaguest understanding of what that term means?

The drawing they've posted isn't remotely realistic enough to be creepy. The expression is, sure, but not because it comes too close to realism. Pic related is creepy because it's rotoscoped and traced.

there's no significant difference between 00s and 10s in terms of character design

>soulless
I.e. buzzword #53421 for "I don't like this thing but can't or won't explain why." That's all it means.

It looks considerably more like the one on the right than the one on the left, but I picked it just because it was the only gif I could think of that vaguely got my point across. I'd hesitate to call it indicative of styles as a whole though given it's just a fanartist.

First of all you posted a manga screencap, second she seems to be blushing in it, and third it's nowhere near that strong in the Appleseed OVA.

>"I don't like this thing but can't or won't explain why."
"Pretentious, dishonest, anti-film, soy-based." There's a lot of them.

It's really not, whiner. The characters look vacant and flat and empty. Some would even say that their lack of expression and detail makes them appear lacking in things which make you truly sympathize with and have investment in - such as a soul.

>I need to have an essay in big friendly letters on why someone doesn't like something because I don't understand implication or expression
I said why I didn't like 10's style in literally the next sentence after you got triggered by the 'soulless' claim.

This has nothing to do with reality. You are just imagining things.

The rounder the face, the more place there is for eyes.
Look at the 90s head in the OP. The left eye is bulging outside the headshape.
This is such an inefficient waste of space.

00s are the best.

but it's still there in your pic

see?

Really puts it into perspective that some of the people complaining about 10s can't even tell the difference between 00s and 10s.

It may be fanart but it is quite an accurate representation of a very common 00s style, much like the OP picture is an accurate representation of 90s and 10s style despite being fanart, so I see no issue including it. But again, to compare it to 10s style is intellectually dishonest.

And it's actually not in yours now so I don't know why you keep posting manga pics. Not to mention that Deunan is the kind of girl that would plausibly be a bit dirty anyway.

they DO look vacant

>he says, posting a girl with eyes too far apart

Did you actually read the post? Try reading it again. At most, I said that it looked more similar to the one on the right than the one on the left, and that I didn't even particularly consider it indicative of styles in general given that it was a fanartist. Are you okay?

They don't. You are imagining things. People are always making up some weird shit about modern anime, which they have never actually watched.

Busta wolf.

I repeat: there is no significant difference between 00s and 10s

I usually just say "post-2000" because of that because there's no point trying to single out the 00s or the 10s since they've very similar and equally bad

She looks like a fat potato.

>muh toonami
>muh nostalgia

They do, you are imagining expressiveness where it's lacking
>actually watched
everyone does
an simply being on Sup Forums is enough to be constantly bombarded with 10s anime visuals all the fucking time

post-2000 designs aren't something that needs to be researched in order to be described accurately

It might shake your worldview to consider this, but it's actually possible for people to dislike things that you like for reasons you do not agree with.

It is okay! This is normal.

>if the nostalgiafag boogemyan doesn't like muh modern-day moeshit, that must mean it's not garbage!

I actually find it ironic that the people who most frequently complain about how modern anime is terrible and old anime is the best are people who have very little experience with modern OR old anime and couldn't even tell you who Go Nagai or Noboru Ishiguro are, for instance. When they say "old anime" they invariably mean "those few anime I watched on Toonami back in the day and I really liked them only to be disappointed that not every anime is the same thing." Not so much on Sup Forums, mind you. But the people who complain the loudest are people outside of Sup Forums.

Almost nobody watches modern anime. They just imagine what it's like and make up some shit about "soullessness."

Moeshit doesn't exist.

So let me get this straight, you spend so much time on Sup Forums that you feel you're super experienced with 10s anime from having seen so many screencaps of them, and yet you don't actually watch any of them? What the fuck are you doing with your time? You clearly don't lack free time.

There's a really good "before K-ON" and "after-KON" image that I really enjoy but I can't post it because I don't have it on this computer and it has nipples in it anyway.

Now you're just being silly.

At the risk of sounding elitist, discussing anime outside of Sup Forums is almost always going to be terrible. Look at all the people who haven't watched any other Magical Girl series screeching about how unique and dark Madoka is.

I don't see what was silly about any of that. Why do you think so many people say something like "all anime now is just light novel isekai shit!" and don't get laughed out of the room?

He just said 'everyone does' in response to the silly claim that nobody watches anime. You're fixating on the one comment he made that upset you, even though it's only a hypothetical and not something he actually claimed.

I'd argue that the only difference between the 00s and 10s is the drawing quality disparity.

I don't think so many people say that. These weird claims you're making are doing nothing to make you seem less ridiculous - apparently it's absolutely impossible for people to dislike something you like unless they're only pretending to be fans.

People say things like that all the time and rarely get called out on it. Almost nobody has a perception of modern anime that's anywhere close to reality. It's all nonsense.

>light novel
>1 of 1 match
>isekai
>1 of 1 match
You're trying to manufacture persecution. Nobody mentioned this shit.

I didn't say or so much as imply that I was talking about this thread. But you knew that, of course.

You aren't actually saying anything to disprove anything, just ranting about how everyone around you is crazy and/or uneducated or they'd think exactly like you.
In a thread about which art-style you prefer.

The only people I have seen complain about isekai are people on Sup Forums. Most people don't even know what isekai IS, much less notice a connection.

This has nothing to do with me, this has to do with reality vs. not reality.

It's commonplace in any anime community to complain about bogeymen like isekai.

Stop giving Pedro (you)s, he's had enough for the night.

>I repeat: there is no significant difference between 00s and 10s
Early 00s was pretty heavily influenced by VN art (see stuff like Clannad). It's definitely not a common style now.

>CTRL+F pedro
>1 of 1 match
What did he mean by this?

God, they look like they have fucking downs.

Bogeymen, yes, but the bogeymen are just shonen anime tropes in general. I don't even see them have the self-awareness to identify it as shonen most of the time, they list off a bunch of tropes that literally ONLY exist in shonen anime and then they brazenly say "All anime is like this."

And I'm just thinking "Imagine if this fuckstick did something good with his life for once and watched Hunter x Hunter." Because shonen is merely a demographic and even shonen anime does not always have those tropes.

This is true. I cannot stand the square eyes of 00s anime and this makes it hard for me to enjoy many VNs that came out around that time as well. But that style has largely been abandoned in favor of more rounded eyes.

Oh, I found the image. It's so satisfying. Here's a link.
i.imgur.com/Qv6AABE.jpg

Thats doesnt look fluffy at all. Her hair looks like a pile of straw

>Jojo
>Madoka
>SNK
>'It's so satisfying'

Step aside
Look at this
Waaaay sexier than modern 87DDD anime girls

You can't deny that in the context of the image they look very mature and cool compared to the moeshit and debauchery on the left.

Isn't that Ranma, you bastard?

Whats above sg?

One of the modern Lupin III shows.

Not really. While they were obviously cherrypicked to prove a point, most of them are dramatic closeups of characters with ominous lighting.

And besides, this thread is about a trend, not outliers. Only a fool would say that because One Punch Man exists, there isn't a current common anime style, or that it wasn't different in the past, or that it won't be different in the future.

May I just state that I have seen ridiculously large anime breasts FAR more often in 80s anime than in modern anime.

I mean there's only really a "common style" because A-1 Pictures animates 90% of the anime out there these days.

Now THIS, is fluffy.

That kid looks like she's possessed by a dead British comedian, that's legitimately hideous.

You are going to have to explain the comparison. What specific comedian does she remind you of?

Timothy Spall

He's not dead though. And his eyebrows are much smaller.

He couldn't very well posess an anime kid while he was alive, and no shit, because he's not an animated character. He's still distinct with his large forehead, thick brows, round face, and (in many roles) 'fluffy' hair.

spike milligan Anime when?

So I guess what you're trying to say is he's pretty cute. And actually there are many recorded cases of possessing someone while still alive, it's a known psychic technique.

One thing 10s anime undoubtedly has the edge on, is smug anime girls. You never see any smug anime girls from 90s anime. They're all from 10s anime. They know what they're doing and do it well.

Looking like shit is a big part of his appeal, and I don't think making children start to physically resemble you is much of a 'known psychic technique'

Actually it is but I can't remember the name for it.

Confusing your dick for decades and still going strong
Well, at least they had the balls to show nudity
Casual nudity
Without stupid sound effects or blood streaks

I've... also seen plenty of old anime with that dumb "boing" sound for big breasts. It's annoying and always takes me out of it. It happens in modern anime too but I've been able to find quite a few without it.

I've come to fucking hate fanservice in anime
I doubt even the most disgusting basement dwelling virgin would be titillated by cartoon underwear

Burgers learnt there's at least one other country besides America, and they're stealing their jobs.

As much as I love Madoka and appreciate people watching it, it's irritating seeing people praise it as "special" when they haven't seen any other magical girl shows in the first place. They don't have the experience with the anime that lets them understand WHY it is so special. It's like watching Evangelion or Gurren Lagann without having seen any other mecha anime.

Uguu uguu extra chromosomu

Uguu is from Kanon you pleb. That's Clannad.

Rounder eyes are nice, but not having cheekbones or a supraorbital ridge is odd if you think about it.

If you can literally make out a humanoid bone structure in 90s anime then I don't know what to say to you.

feg

Both are alright.

This is the correct answer.

Shut up

There was under cheek hatching in the 80s as well, you usually just got it on the bridge of the nose. I'll take any hatching over no hatching, little stylistic flourishes like that really helps stop characters from looking boring.

shit

Plenty of 90s anime went for realism though. The Slayers, Sailor Moon, or Saber Marionette J designs is what we remember the 90s for, but plenty of designs looked nothing like that.The character designs in the GITS movie, for example, don't really look like any 80s designs, nor do they look like that kind of hyper deformed angular look the 90s get associated with.

If you like hatching, what you need is some Precure.

Both are fine.

>uncanny valley effect
Uhm, fucking no?