Winter 2018

Now that we're a month into the year and all the new shows have settled in, tell me what you think the AOTS is/how good or bad this season is.

Dog shit

>AOTS
Colors
>this season
Good enough

>AOTS
Sora Yori
>this season
fun

I only watch CCS so it's a perfect season for me

Unofficial poll yesterday seemed to put Yuru Camp at the top, then Sora Yori, then a pretty big jump before Franxx, PTE, and KoiAme

>AOTS
Either 3-gatsu or PTE
>this season
Pretty fun, ignoring Sup Forums's shit taste

Ryuuou or Yurucamp will be my AotS, probably the latter. I don't think there has been a MTK adaptation of its quality since Gochiusa and the newbie director makes it all the more impressive. The fact it's airing concurrently with Slow start (which is by no means bad) illustrates how all CGDCT are not created equal.

qt retard this season

Not sure yet but there are candidates.

Overlord 2 (bit weak with lizards but might get better soon)
Ito Junji (bit weak but there are legit moments)
Darling in FranXX (getting there too)
Violet Evergarden (slow start as well, but potential)

Ito Junji probably has the best chance

>Sora yori

Can someone explain this to me? I'm watching it and I enjoy it but I feel like I'm missing something that everyone else is seeing that puts it so highly for them. Am I just a brainlet?

>Newbie

Hes directed films before, just his first anime.

>AOTY
CardCaptor
>This season
Not ever interesting to me personally but I'm sure the majority of you will love it.

Haven't even watched 1 episode of yuru camp and sora yuri so probably not those

>english names
>AotS
Sora Yori
>season overall
Not amazing, but decent. Most of the good shows are comedies/SoL, but this is usual. Franxx is either going to be half decent or garbage. VE hasn't been doing anything for me outside of muh visuals.

It's both comfy and moving. It's a character-driven show with strong direction backing up its writing with really well done animated acting. It's a very solid show with no obvious flaws, and those rise to the top in Sup Forums polls because they're what everyone can agree to enjoy. Same reason Yuru camp is at the very top.

what would you say is better between Sora Yori and Yuru Camp?
I am really enjoying sora yori because it's not just a slice of life, it's moving and the characters are realy interesting. I don't know if I should pick yuru camp up, is it just a regular SoL?

There's no endgame of Antarctica like there is in Sora yori, it's a more traditional CGDCT.

That being said unlike many traditional CGDCT there is actually quite a bit of focus on the actual activity (camping) and the work on the environments/atmosphere of their campsites compared to 4-5 girls sitting in a club room most episodes or something.

Great as always, this is my AOTS,
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
Mitsuboshi Clolors
CCS
Yuru Camp
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
Hakumei to Mikochi
Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san
Overlord II
Märchen Mädchen
Hataraku Onii-san!
Pop Team Epic
Violet Evergarden
Darling in the FranXX
Slow Start
Ryuuou no Oshigoto!
Toji no Miko
Death March
Beatless
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Nanatsu no Bitoku

>things worth watching
ramens, colors, team epik, beatless
>meh
takagi-san, darling, ccs
>maybe
evergarden
>sequel
overlord
>dropped thus far
rest, yuru, slow start, hoshi, hakumi, babysitters

Sup Forums have agreed on this.

VEG couldn't even manage ten votes in yesterday's "pick three" thread. I was actually surprised at how unpopular it was, I thought there were more kyoanifags than that

I had very high hopes for VEG and Darifura, but as of now, Yorimoi and Yuru Camp are my favourites in this season

I will comment when the second episode of Extra is out. So far, the best is Yuru Camp, while all the overhyped shows are actually passable.

Not a great season, but actually not that bad.

+++ Yuru Camp
+Darlifra
Citrus
--- (dropped) VEG

>quality since Gochiusa
>Slow Start illustrates how all CGDCT are not created equal
They share the same director surprisingly though.