You would've done the same if you were in her position

You would've done the same if you were in her position.

Uh, no?

Your best and only friend who you've known all your life suddenly makes several new friends and decides to go on a crazy dangerous adventure and never bothers to invite you. I can see how she'd be hurt.

Did nothing wrong

I'm pretty toxic as a person, so yeah probably

>I can see how she'd be hurt.
Nice understatement.
I'd be hurt too, sure. However I would not start gossip calling my friend a prostitute, sabotage her plans and tell people to steal money from her new friends.

Someone should make a chart and include this bitch too. Why they always wear glasses?

>However I would not start gossip calling my friend a prostitute, sabotage her plans and tell people to steal money from her new friends.
That's just banter m8

Definitely not. In fact since my life is pretty shit I'm happy when my best friend does well in his life because at least one of us did.

Probably, I'm a shitty person. I still hate her though. Being a shitty person includes hypocrisy after all.

Why can't you be more like Kimari, Sup Forums? She forgave her friend. Why can't you? It's water under the bridge now.

Manami never admitted wrongdoing, apologized, and made up like a functional human with a conscience. It was pretty gratifying to see her character arc done right in this show through Megumi.

>would have
>were
had been, to be honest des

also
1. She admitted her fault
2. She cried and begged for forgiveness
3. She was forgiven
4. She was understood

Everything's ok, class dismissed

Nope

>suddenly makes several new friends and decides to go on a crazy dangerous adventure and never bothers to invite you
Maybe it's just me and friends who work this way, but when one of us is planning something it's automatically assumed that everyone is coming along unless spoken otherwise, so we never really bother verbally inviting each other.

>Remember 9/11? it was me!

That's also why she was a more realistic character. If you're a cunt bad enough to start spreading rumors about your "friend", you're not going to cry and beg for forgiveness. You don't just suddenly develop conscience - you either had it in the first place, and it stopped you from acting like a bitch, or you didn't have it, so it wasn't there to bother you afterwards. Megumi is Manami done as a wish-fulfillment.

Yeah, what the fuck was up with that?

The fear of losing the thing dearest to you can easily block out conscience. Manami appears to shut out her doubts about all of the things she does, whereas Megumi's eventually got to her because she is capable of introspection. I don't think it's fair to call either character more realistic than the other.

I would have gotten a makeover and suck dicks.

Well, it might be anecdotal evidence, but I used to know several bitches like Manami (not in a sisterfucking context of course, just generally), and precisely zero bitches that would cry and apologise after systematically trying to fuck up somebody's life/relationship. It's true that you can rationalize Megumi's behavior in an abstract way, but have you really seen anything like it in real life? Can you imagine yourself doing the same thing Megumi did and then repenting upon introspection? Can you really?

Girls are huge bitches. Don't believe the SOL moeblobs. It's all a ruse.

Literally the worst piece of trash this season. I'm not even exaggerating; Megane is scum and if you act like her, you need to either fix yourself up or go get yourself isekai'd.

Now you listen here, you excrement of a toxic waste dump, because I am only going to fucking say this once.

The reason she acted the way she did was not simply because she was hurt, it was because she is an absolutely POISONOUS person. This kind of 'friend' is only friends because they can USE you. This kind of 'friend' hangs around with you because they get to feel superior and get to feel needed. They don't actually want to see you succeed or do well in your life, because if you do, then that implies you don't need them to help them out every step of the way. This kind of 'friend' is selfish, narcissistic and can't stand the thought of not being the centre of SOMEONE'S universe; of having their oh-so-precious 'purpose' 'stolen' from them. At their worst, if you know someone like this, they might actively attempt to sabotage your happiness and your success, just so they get to continue feeling important. That is not a friend; that is a PARASITE.

The ONLY fucking thing saving Megumi from being one of the most hateful, most evil people in all of anime, is the fact that she realised what she was doing was wrong. Now if she only attempts to change her behavior, her actions might be forgiven, if not forgotten.

I think what hurts most about this is that while there's plenty of over-the-top evil people in anime committing murder or rape or any number of horrible crimes, those are always somewhat abstracted, to us. Whereas EVERYONE probably knows someone like Megumi, or at the very least, knows someone else who does. This kind of petty, poisonous evil that makes the lives of those around her measurably worse every single day, cuts on a much more personal level than some genocidal maniac.

People pay money for these subs.

wew lad, give the girl a second chance. She's like 15 and there's plenty of time for her to get her shit together.
These types of people are difficult to befriend but they're still human. You just need to keep them in check from time to time.

Just stop being friends without any kind of drama, people come and go.
Fucking adolescece man, it gives too much value to things that are not important.

The fact that she realised what she was doing and came clean while trying to break things off helps, even if she did do it in a way that just further confirmed her narcissistic tendencies. If she honestly tries to change the way she acts in the future, there's no reason not to give her a second chance and forgive what she did, even if it should never be forgotten as a lesson.

If she had continued with her shit, then that'd be a WHOLE other story and she'd have been forever condemned as one of the most horrible individuals in the history of anime! I am speaking from experience when I tell you how destructive those kinds of people can be to those around them! They need to be cut out of your life as fast as possible, or the damage can be permanent!

Nah, you just don't know how to deal with them. They are pretty much an extension of the tsundere archetype but of course, it looks much worse in 3dpd. Polite sage for 3dpd.

>tsundere
Actually I'd say it's a lot closer to yandere in nature, given how clingy and controlling they are

I'm too passive a person to do something like that to begin with, so I can't see myself in such a position. I've never met anyone like the people you're describing, either. I think it's worth noting that Megumi has a moment of revelation that Manami does not, and that the people you knew may also have not. All of these people, often through varying degrees of mental gymnastics, convince themselves that their friend's new friends are a negative influence, and that the duty to protect their friend falls on them. Upon actually meeting Kimari's friends and spending time with them, she realizes a) that these people are bringing a wonderful new side out of Kimari, and b) that she doesn't match up well against them as a friend to Kimari, at all. This leads Megumi to ask herself, "What was I protecting her from?" which leads to her apology. I don't remember too much about the specific plot events of OreImo, thank God, but I'm pretty sure Manami never has a moment like that.
This may be a little off topic, but it's especially bad when "friend watchdogs" come in a group, because their instinct is to shut out new additions to begin with. Introspection is replaced by conference with other members who tend to state the opinion most acceptable to the group. I might be completely off-base here, but the fact that you mention plural bitches makes me wonder if a group was involved.

Yeah, the kicker here is that Megumi must now change her behavior.

This. Manami is the true yandere of OreImo, for example.