Don't make me fucking use this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PT83Gsy59mk
youtube.com/watch?v=meeEt5I-SiE
youtube.com/watch?v=V9h5xAO5p1k
youtube.com/watch?v=zVnbTOYjkWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I honestly want to see you do it

Shame Helmeppo never fired the gun so 4kids would have to figure out how the animate that

Use what?

George W. Bush era anime censorship seems so comfy looking back

>quickly finish him off vs. brutally turn his brain into red mush
Sure

what is this braut magick?

Why is Japan so retarded? They can show Nami getting raped in the bathroom at Thriller Bark but they can't show a kid getting threatened by a spingbasher?

Will we ever find out how that thing even works?

S-should we squirt him, sir?

Murrica is fucking retarded with censorship.

Don't make me send you to the dungeon.

youtube.com/watch?v=PT83Gsy59mk

Jesus.

Also, why do they always replace the background music when localizing?Surely they don’t think murrican children can’t even handle the mood setting themes in the original.

>Also, why do they always replace the background music when localizing?
something something licensing something something it's cheaper than using the original soundtrack

How do they handle all the other weapons?

It's a shame about Kirby, tons of anime tracks ended up in Air Ride anyway, and there were good chunk of game songs too.

American Kirby had GOAT opening and transformation music, though. The worst part about 4kid's censorship of Kirby is that there were a good number of whole episodes that were never dubbed and shown in the first place.

Speaking of Kirby.

youtube.com/watch?v=meeEt5I-SiE

mad Kirby fits Air Ride better

Kek

We can only wish for a background pirate in the recent arcs wielding one of those hammer things.

German Naruto was a thing of its own. Couldn't show any blood either

JUST

Left looks like it might actually be more brutal.

There's a universe where 4Kids owns My Hero Academia, and You Say Run is never heard by Americans, and also there's a Big Guy and Rusty style opening for the thing.

also people in the show just "disappeared", nobody died in the show.

Why tho?

>You Say Run is never heard by Americans
good.

that meme was horrible anyway.

It look like a dildo on a spring.

They would just pretend the episode never existed like that episode of Pokemon with guns..

Yeah, and tomorrow you'll be back to complaining about how violent our media is.
You know damn well 4kids is a unique retarded case.

>Big Guy and Rusty style opening
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I'm pretty sure the episode in OPs pic is from the episode Luffy recruits Zoro, so no, they wouldn't just be able to just skip the episode.

Bangity bangity bangity

source?
Looks like shitty anime?

never mind, found it, and it's shitty

>the good guys won the war dont worry

I want a Deutschfag to explain how blood is censored in something aimed at teens, but red paint mysteriously dripping from the ceiling was completely fine in a children's puppet show.

Wasn’t the reason we got this was because 4kids didn’t bother doing their research and bought the license not knowing about the violence of the show, only realising it until it was too late

Naruto is for children

And some countries are way too protective with that they show on TV. No wonder people are slowly but surely cutting the chord these days.

I'm Australian and we still got blood. Is Germany even more of a nanny state than us?

>4kids is a unique retarded case
>being this delusional

Read the mango

Somehow the TV station somehow thought they could aim their anime at children from some point onward. Early One Piece and Detective Conan were just fine with little to no censorship. Don Kriegs fight for example had none of that bullshit. But eventually they went thought censoring themselves would not threaten their spot in afternoon tv for anime, so they went full Toei or even worse and erased every drop of blood, every corpse, every mention of death, told their voice actors to keep it down and some other weird decisions.
Interestingly enough, One Piece episodes ~340-400 aired mostly uncensored on another channel.

Dream Land 2 is still my favorite to this day, even if its not the best gameplay wise.

Tell me shingeki edit is a joke.

>If 4kids Owned The Rights To More Anime
You tell me

Scene's get obscured a bit if they hit and blood is missing. Sometimes the scene freezes and you only get the sounds.

TOO BAD IT'S SUNDAY, this thread would have been full of censored content tomorrow...

>In November 2008, 4Kids Entertainment announced that 4Kids TV would conclude at the end of the year due to intervening conflicts between Fox and 4Kids, as the latter company had not paid the network for the time lease for some time, while the network was unable to maintain the guaranteed 90% clearance for the block due to affiliate refusals and an inability to secure secondary affiliates to carry the programming in markets where the Fox station denied clearance for the block. 4Kids TV ended on December 27, 2008.

Based Fox.
The dumb edits still kept happening for a while via Yugioh (whatever season was on) and Dragon Ball Kai. Highlights of the latter

>replacing the words "Bomb" and "Gun" with "Blast" and having the voice actors re-do lines - these were poorly edited in, which is why Goku sounds like he's saying "Ferrit Blast" instead of Spirit Bomb
>Gohan's swollen eye being censored by putting an eye graphic over the eye that was supposed to be swollen shut
>Frieza makes Krillin turn to dust
>Chaotzu's lines before self-destructing onto Nappa are all removed, making it seem like he has no regrets over killing himself
>he turns into pixie dust
>angel halos for dead people are replaced with orbs, because muh religion
>the farmer's (guy that shoots Raditz) shotgun bullets glow light blue, as if you're supposed to believe he has a laser gun of some sort

Forgot to mention that the block where these edits were seen was called "Toonzai"

>>Also, why do they always replace the background music when localizing?
>something something licensing something something it's cheaper than using the original soundtrack

Plus due to the cutting, it would be very hard to place the original soundtrack with the edited dub

Bell-mere getting sent to the dungeon in the American Dub is pretty dark if you think about it. She most likely died slowly of starvation or was brutally tortured in private by Arlong till he got bored.

>Murrica is fucking retarded.
FIFY

Interesting thing to note is that the anime censored this to some degree too. In the manga she was shot in the head while in the anime she was shot in the chest. I would think getting shot in the head would be a quicker and less painful death overall.

>angel halos for dead people are replaced with orbs, because muh religion
I need images.

Funny enough, them switching the guns to squirt guns actually had some sense to it. Throw some ocean water in those bad boys and you can take down devil fruit users easy

youtube.com/watch?v=V9h5xAO5p1k
You can close this after 10 seconds

Why do people hate 4Kids for something that's pretty much beyond their ability to control? Cable networks cutting corners on animation and content is what's really hurting Anime in America. 4Kids are slaves to shareholders, moral guardians, and politicians. You have to understand that 9/11 messed up the elites mentally and made them more paranoid, hence this mad dash to eliminate violent content.

DF users have to be more than halfway submerged in sea water for it to do anything. At least to make them immobile. And I doubt a small splash would be enough to cancel their powers out either since you'd get a lot of that on a ship. Sea Stone only works because it's heavily concentrated.

WRONG, 4kids will remove the cross necklace as well

Not as goofy as I was expecting but still stupid.
No one's forcing them to butcher anime in an attempt to make it more palatable to American children. The only reason 4kids went so far is because they got lucky and made a shit ton of money off of Pokemon's success (and to a lesser extent YuGiOh), and were looking to bring something over that would be their next big success.

Anime in Japan started to get censored right after the Otaku Killer got caught. PTAs were blaming violent anime on creating criminals like him.

Australia got black screens when things got too graphic.

Germany is retarded

They were being forced to butcher the anime. Even though Pokemon was successful in the 90s, parents didn't like the show at all. Reasons ranged from it being too kiddy, or promoting Satanism and glorified Cock fighting because Pokemon back then looked like a mix of demons and real life animals. Small Town America had a lot of political power back then thanks to the Religious Right.

I fucking love Parasite Eve
youtube.com/watch?v=zVnbTOYjkWw

wish the quality of this image was better. looks like it could be funny if i could see it.

That hammer contraption doesn't look out of the ordinary in the One Piece world.

FUCK YOU

>that one fetish image
why

Thanks. wasnt as funny as i thought it would be

hehehehehehehe

>Nami getting raped in the bathroom at Thriller Bark

Is this an actual thing?

The Dratini episode had Ash catch 30 Tauros and that didn't stop them.

She does get attacked by a someone while taking a shower and it does look pretty sexual but this is One Piece so it wasn't actually rape. Though I think it was by the same person that nearly forces her to marry him later on.

Why did they censor it?

Kirby got mad after 2001 due to 9/11, a patriot

>>Chaotzu's lines before self-destructing onto Nappa are all removed, making it seem like he has no regrets over killing himself
ALLAHU AKBAR! Good job 4kids

Can't have religious symbols on anime characters. 6/10

>no CGI faces or explosions
1/10

FUCK. OFF. CHELI. FUCKING. OS

That shit has been going on for far longer then 9/11. Ted Turner canceled Swat Katz even though it was successful because it was "too violent", same guy also replaced it with Captain Planet.

[Spoiler]Sup Forums says hi[/spoiler]

Park ranger points a gun at ash a few times throughout the episode. Doesnt even shoot it iirc

While you are right about this not being a recent trend, your insinuation that Captain Planet is somehow less desirable than SWAT Katz is in exceptionally poor taste. It promoted civic responsibility and not bending over for corporations, two messages that are universally admirable.

Behold