I love you

What is the best manga/anime that you have ever read? Don't forget do mention the reasons.

Mine was Gantz. Berserk is pretty close tho.

i still remember joe

Himouto. I'm sure you will love it, your taste is top notch if you like Gantz

I'm gonna check, thanks user.

Anime - Hunter x Hunter 2011
Manga - Berserk

boku no pico
for the plot

Yeah, berserk was incredible until recently. It became kinda shitty.

Berserk is the best manga I've ever read, with Oyasumi Punpun being a close second. Berserk just has such a good plot and characters and the action is also fuckin amazing. It's perfect imo, but recently it's gotten a bit eh. Punpun was just depressing as all fuck but a great and different read. And Steins;Gate is my fav anime, just does everything perfectly. Currently reading Gantz actually

My favorite anime is Gurren Lagann, manga is probably Berserk. I haven't read too much manga though.

I fucking love Gantz.

Berserk was amazing at one time but now it's like some gay low tier DnD thing where half the time Guts is just standing around in the background and now they're having Pokemon fights in Caska's brain like some shitty version of Fantastic Voyage. It's at the point where I believe the anime version made in the 90s with the hilarious engrish opening song might actually be better by now.

You only feel that way because berserk has been stuck in the last dozen or so chapters for literal years. You need to seperate story pacing from actual chapter releases

For the past 10 years or so I've only been reading Berserk once a year. It's not because of the waiting. It's because Berserk is a different, worse manga now than when it started. It used to be bloody, ugly, angry, and raw. Part fantasy, part western, bleak and dark. Now Guts is essentially a side character in his own manga as everyone else is having gay JRPG adventures and now they're literally in some retard's brain. It's not the same. Even the art has gotten worse with these super thick lines and the facial structures of characters having changed. Guts has some dumb jock face iike Channing Tatum now and everyone else has massive uguu eyes and rounder cheeks, rather than the fully formed westernized faces they used to.

umineko
and op, you didn't explain yourself

I really enjoyed gantz, but everytime i try and talk about it with my friends, they tell me it's shit :(. In regards to the original topic, my absolute favorite is parasyte

So this is Sup Forums now, huh?

too many

I wouldn't call it shit but it's deeply flawed in so many ways and the ending arc with the big aliens is so long with so much lame shit and the crappiest resolutions, and then the ending is it just ends, with no follow up about how all the shit that just happened has changed the world. You can tell Gantz was conceived of by an edgy 14 year old and then by the time he was no longer 14 he didn't have any idea what to do with it.

Yes Gantz is really good, but my best manga must be one piece, along side with Fullmetal alchemist seconded.

Trigun.

blade of the immortal, liked almost all the characters a lot more than normal

Golden Boy
Loved the humor, loved all the characters, just felt like the perfect anime to me
Shit might just rewatch it again

Oh my god user, the art got from pretty and raw to super overdrawed shit. Super retarded. Sometimes less is better.

Yeah, I don't get why Gantz get so much hate. I think it's because people often misunderstand the points the author made: the story is about Kurono, not about the situation he's in.

>I don't get why Gantz get so much hate
Because it's weighed down by a lot of really dumb shit like the vampire arc, the last arc is extremely disappointing and creativity bankrupt("woah, big aliens"), and the ending is way too abrupt and filled with awful resolutions. I give Gantz more credit than most people, but you're retarded if you don't see why people have problems with it.

Yeah, right, that aliens on the last arc were fucking ugly and displaced artwise, but the conclusion? In my opinion it was great. Kei kurono got to finally grow as a person, it don't needed further explanations.

But he had already grown before the ending. "Kurono wins" is way too thin of an ending to be a proper conclusion at that point. It needs more. A lot of people died, the whole planet is in shambles, the existence of aliens was revealed to the public, you can't just end it on "Kurono wins."
If you're gonna trot out some "it's just about Kurono's character" garbage, that doesn't fly because significant portions of the manga were about characters who are not Kurono, taking place when Kurono was not around, having nothing to do with him, and at the end the scenario went global and was following around like three groups of people. Fuck, there were even 2 Kuronos. By the end of Gantz, the story was about WAY more than just Kurono, so it needs a much better ending than "Kurono wins."

Well, perhaps I am just a bit biased. First time I finished I got really mad with the ending, I thought "it's gonna really be just this encounter-on-the-beach BS?", I really wanted to see a proper closure like showing katou with that girl and Kurono being praised. But by the second time I read it a year later I thought it was an ok ending.

HAHAHAHA that vampire arc was so aleatory and retarded. That blonde vampire was so overpowered that he probably could take down all the giant alien fleet by himself lol

Eden is my top pick, the author illustrated the gnostic beliefs pretty well. The music of Marie was a unique read that stays with me until today too .

Goblin slayer.
It's the new beserk.
Try it.

itt fags thinking they know anything about hiatuses

"Don't forget do mention the reasons."

Doesn't mention the reasons...

Arai's The World Is Mine.
Deep and complex plot. It's actually really interesting to re-read and notice all the little things you've missed/didn't get the foreshadowing element of.

But man was this english translation god-fucking-awful at times.

Manga kino

OP here. Forgot to mention Zetman, I LOVE that manga, tied with berserk.

Mmmm looks a bit edgy

Added to my list, thanks.

It's better than 20th century boys? Same author, right?

?????? I did that??????

Just an autistic knight who hates goblins.