Can the Holy Grail be cleansed?

Can the Holy Grail be cleansed?

Why bother, dismantle the existing system and make a new one.
For it's fancy name, once You get down to it, it's just a glorified battering ram meant to punch a hole to the root once it collects enough power.

Not gonna happen. The corrupt grail is the reason why evil servants can be summoned.

Of course.

Why does the Grail look like a golem in the UBW anime?

Of course not, then Type Moon wouldn't be able to rehash the same story a hundred more times.

wait a fucking minute...

That's Angra Manyuu materializing but it's a shitty body because Shinji

What's the difference between the holy grail and the great holy grail?

How did Sakura make a contract with Angra Mainyu?

What exactly is Angra Mainyu in that pic?

No, smash it with BEAMU

Sakura had a piece of the corrupted grail implanted in her by Zouken.
Angra is the thing behind Kotomine but it's still forming

what's the deal with the shadow? where did it come from?

does angra mainyu need the souls of servants to form?

Even if it was, you'd wind up corrupted anyway since exposure to the Root turns you into a homicidal maniac.

But Ryougi turned out mostly fine!

>Holy Grail is neither Holy nor a Grail
What did Nasu mean by this?

The grail needs to take back the killed servants to appear, that is the condition.
As for the shadow, iirc it's the manifestation of Sakura's dark thoughts and evil

Does anyone know about the Great Holy Grail besides Illya?

How does Kotomine control the mud?

Kotomine's heart is mud, the grail curses saved him after Kiritsugu shot his heart in the 4th war

But murder loli was born with it.

when is the blu ray coming out

Three Families are aware of the Greater Grail and Kotomine via Tokiomi's apprentice. Mud is premature Angry Manjew, Kotomine can't control it but he's been setting up the stage for its birth in all routes.

I'm a filthy secondary. Does anyone ever destroy the grail for good? As in: No more Holy Grail Wars?

Why do Gil and Kotomine bother with the lesser grail if the greater grail is what they want?

May 9th.

Yes, at the end of all the routes of FSN.
You can always make a new one anyway.
It's not a one of a kind mystic artifact, it's a glorified battering ram that opens a hole to akasha/root once it has enough mana gathered.

IIRC you only end if for good yourself in Heaven Feels.
In the other routes Rin and/or Waver do it years later.

Why doesn't the grail destroy the city when destroyed like it did in Zero?

That's because she was already a homicidal maniac though

user, Ryougi is the poster girl for homicidal maniac.
In fact that moniker fits her more than Manaka, who would be better described as a genocidal maniac.

I know you are making a funny

But Ryougi wasn't really "exposed" to the Root

She essentially *IS* the fucking thing

Because it wasn't literally in the middle of the city when destroyed

Ilya is the holy grail.
The great grail is where the magic actually happens, in a cave around the temple area. Ilya/the grail is like a key for the great holy grail.

In FSN it did that because Kirei wished for the people in the area to fuck off or something but I think Zero gave a different explanation.

How the hell does the grail end up with more mana at the end of the war than the beginning if it's the one supplying most of the mana to summon Servants and shit?

What happens if the key is destroyed?

What was Kotomine trying to accomplish here?

Waver/Lord El Melloi II dismantles the holy grail.
I explicitly remember Shirou referring to Lord El Melloi II as a "jolly" kind of guy, but I guess that was retconned.
Then the grail starts gathering energy again, and another war starts up. That's what happened at the end of /Zero and all F/SN routes, except in F/SN the grail wars are dismantled for good by the mage association/Waver.

The mana used for summoning is used from multiple leylines beneath Fuyuki, and it's supposed to be gathered for a considerable time IIRC(is that what makes it take 60 yrs to cool down? Some autist old answer). The actual ritual is supposed to use the 7 HS converted in raw mana to open a path to the root.

The grail uses the mana that gathers at the ley line for years to initiate the ritual, the mana needed to summon a servant is less than the mana a servant is worth

>Then the grail starts gathering energy again,

Didn't the Grail keep the energy from the 4th HGW?

A lot of it yes, that's why the 5th grail war happened only 10 years later instead of 50+ like previous wars. Everyone was rushed as fuck so all the participants were locals or unrelated people that stumbled into it.

If converting a servant to mana gives more mana than is required to summon them, doesn't that make the grail a perpetual mana engine? Why are seven masters even required? Just summoning Servants sequentially and immediately converting them to mana over and over would yield infinite mana then.

What would Waver think of the events in HF?

For years I thought that CG was depicting some sort of tower with the grail on top, kind of like the tower in LotR. Only recently did I realize it's the mud falling out of the grail, not a tower.

Same shit happened to me, I thought it was the mud reaching for the orb and forming a tower.

I thought the exact same thing during the time the visual novel was being translated and I didn't get a chance to read Heaven's Feel yet.

Read the VN or at least post frodos with dumb questions.

What's this then?

Angra Mainyu. Read the visual novel, man, it's fucking great.

The Greater Grail, now a womb for Angra. See

How big is Angra?

Why did it need Sakura to be born?

Kirei's dick.

Is the Grail a ripoff the Eclipse from Berserk?

No one knows
It doesn't, it just needs a proper grail with enough power

After the grail was destroyed by Saber, what was the black hole that appeared under Gilgamesh's severed? Where did it come from and why did it consume Gilgamesh?

You're just trollin' ain't ya?

Mods should consider doing thread bans.

We have people here too lazy to plan the VN and beg to be spoonfed and then spoonfeeders answering their demand.

Google exists if you want to find out the answers without playing the game. Now fuck off of Sup Forums forever.

The reason why it can grant wishes is Juztace's sorcery trait, it's difficult to replace her.

And Manaka was basically a living doll until she met her not-husbando Arthur then she went crazy cause she felt feelings.

Including envy cause Arthur was nice to her sister but she can't into what envy is even as she calmly plots to feed Ayaka to her growing baby boy Revelations.

boy the grail sure does look like the tower of reincarnation from berserk from that angle with that coloring

Yes. Medea is capable of it, even, but she needs two command spells and Artoria to do so.

Devilman did giant ominous tower made of demons first.

its Mr. Proper here

Let me get this straight:
The Holy Grail works by summoning 7 heroic spirits to 7 masters, who then proceed to murder each other. The grail then takes the souls of the dead heroic spirits and uses them to punch a hole into the root.

So why not just use the heroic spirit's soul energy directly? Why bother summoning them "properly" and then killing them to gather the energy? Why not just funnel their souls directly from the throne of heroes into the greater grail without the side trip into the real world for a battle royal?