If Evangelion came out today, Sup Forums would be calling Asuka a bitchy 3DPD slut

If Evangelion came out today, Sup Forums would be calling Asuka a bitchy 3DPD slut.

Other urls found in this thread:

faqs.org/qa/qa-21000.html
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We still do. She's a fucking cunt and doesn't even come close to the greatness that is Rei Ayanami.

but asuka IS an overrated piece of shit slut nigger cunt

> tfw full scale eva waifu war on 2018 Sup Forums if eva came out today...
Would probably leave the board forever desu

You mean she isn't?

But she isn't 3DPD, that doesn't make sense.

>If Evangelion came out today

No one would give a shit.

NGE is the eternal waifu war. Choose your side wisely, for it will define you for the rest of existence.

Mari is factually the best.
>prove me wrong
>you can't

no

Agreed

IN THE END THE FINAL DECISION WE ALL MUST TAKE, ASUKA OR REI
DECIDE WHO WILL BE OUR WAIFU

Mari is prime fan service. I would do things unspeakable to her.

If Eva came out today people wouldn't be forcing hype

You would call anybody sluts nowadays.

>that warm feel when Mari happened in your lifetime
Do what you must faggots, I already won.

What happens if you choose Misato or Maya?

threadly reminder

What about Maya or Hikari fans?

>Maya
Omegas attracted to a totally unavailable lesbian because they fear rejection.
>Hikari
God-fearing men that wait for marriage then make a large happy family.

>tfw fear rejection but am god-fearing and want to only have sex after marriage to have 7 children minimum
That sounds like me alright

Then you probably swap waifus every season

>your own mother vs. a cute girl
gee, tough one

why not both?

Eva girls have too much baggage most people would be unable to carry. I'd pump and dump every one of them though.

Sup Forums would be calling EVA a trainwreck if it came out nowadays.

But Asuka is literally a 3DPD translated into anime.

Fixed in the rebuilds :^)

Only brainlets shit on Asuka for being a bitch

modern Sup Forums only likes eva because they're so young and eva seems old and mysterious to them

Crazy attracts crazy, in my case. We'd probably mad each other's mental illnesses worse.

Rei is an imperfect clone of Yui, but she doesn't have Yui's soul and she's her own person. Dismissing her as "Shinji's mother" is dumb considering their relationship before her death is nothing like that.

The only reason Rei isn't the clear favorite is because Rei3 isn't Rei2, and Rei2 had all the character development. Which is a shame really, because a big part of what happens later on is because everyone Shinji cares about is either killed or incapacitated. He finally had friends and companions, then it all went to hell.

Why were there no therapy sessions in Eva?
Literally everyone should have been under heavy watch by psychiatrists

Let us not forget who the actual best girl is.

>Manipulative
>Whore
>Untrustworthy
>Fragile Personality

Literally the worst girl. Sleeping with the same man as her mother just makes it worse.

None of these are true, and it's never said if she knew about Gendo and Naoko.

>The only reason Rei isn't the clear favorite is because Rei3 isn't Rei2, and Rei2 had all the character development.
Rei is the clear favorite though, and by a large margin before. It's only now that Rei is more "split".

Rei originally was just a single character, but in new "canons" she's supposed to be a perfect clone of Yui and there's now "more" clones. In other words, Rei hasn't really been represented in Evangelion media since the early 2000's.

Rei 1, 2, and 3 are just fan names made long after the fact, and Rei is just one character. Anno hates Rei and split her into several characters to weaken her popularity.

What about Ritsuko fans?

Why not fucking neither? I don't want these uggos.
Gib misato.

pre gendowned ritsuko, maybe
post,no.
pre gendowned or post?

Why not both?

Asuka side = tangible humans
Rei side = tang babies

>inserting as Shinji

Misato > Ritsuko > Asuka > Rei > Maya > Mari

Psychiatry is not common in Japan

this fucking flash game is what started me onto animu and likely led to me eventually finding this beautiful shithole.
one time I was curious as to Rei's "good ending" dialogue and found it was a reference to this faqs.org/qa/qa-21000.html

I suspect this has a bit to do with her inclusion

No thanks, I'd rather Misato pre-rebuild 03.

>newgrounds

I was there then. They were pretty much calling her the same thing.

> Tfw I liked Kaworu the most and saw him as the ultimate Person to fall in love with, too good to be true even in Anime.

If someone in Eva deserves Waifu-Status, its Kaworu - independent from his sex - he is stunningly beautiful and provides unconditional love.

Hideaki can suck a fat cock if that post you're reposting is correct. He obviously is too far away from the reality of human nature to understand WHY his fans don't get it.
He appealed to the innermost seekings of male romance with his characters in a medium normally used for plain and simple escapism.

I'm not ashamed to say that I didn't get it, if that what is said in the post ist what he was going for. His message was to distant and abstract from the kind of story he told. The charakters where to fleshed out to convey a feeling of artificialness and their complexity even contributed to the infatuation of the viewers.

The Masturbation scene would make more sense with this kind of justification though. I never could identify with shinji, he was too pathetic as a human being.(Which made Eva hard to enjoy)
If this was how Hideaki Anno saw the grown up fans of Evangelion, it would be a crude and quite harsh generalization. Since the Message of evangelion would be so obfuscated through abstraction, it is safe to say that many different interpretations would come in existence from humans of all different paths of life.

No they wouldn’t there isn’t anything remotely releastic about her she just another “muh edgy backstory butch dyke” you’d find in a naruto filler episode. Asuka is shit.

Wew Lad, I basically made the same fucking point in three different paragraphs, I apologice for the redundancy of the last post.

Anime was a mistake lads.

Well, she is.

My dick would be out before she can even finish that sentence.

Anno did nothing wrong

I never liked Rei or Asuka until I learned Anno wanted me to not fap to them, at which point I masturbated furiously to them, wishing he was in the room so I could make him watch.

Sure it wasn't Kawaru?

To be honest I don't care, I don't like evangelion except for Mari but I can totally understand his possible disdain for "that" part of the fanbase.

Beta, not a cuckold, don't live with parents, use privilege but not patriarchy, make 70000 a year. Who is the girl for me?

this one

Going by the image it would seem you most closely match Asuka, no? Unless you're leaving out details, like if you hit three for four on Rei.

if evangelion came out today people wouldn't like it
it's only popular because it was the first waifu war

What about Kaworu? If I was Shinji (and I sort of am, unfortunately), I'd choose Kaworu over the rest of them.

Shit, I enjoyed Evangelion much more because I identify with Shinji so much. He's like a textbook example for Avoidant Personality Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder. For losers like me who suffer from both of those disorders, Shinji is almost uncomfortably relatable.

But I still got annoyed when it took him forever to get in the Eva. But, as another user pointed out already, it's a metaphor for how little sympathy or help people with depression get from society (which I'm sure is infinitely worse in Japan). So it serves a purpose, instead of creating artificial drama.

NERV needed the pilots to be barely functional, and only long enough to take out the angels. The last thing they needed in EVAs at the end of everything was sane people who could drive things the way the pilots wanted instead of the way SEELE or Gendo wanted.

>Shinji is almost uncomfortably relatable.
I think everyone has weaknesses that they can easily see, and when confronted with them, it makes us feel uncomfortable. I think this is part of the reason so many people hate Shinji - he forces the viewer to confront all the weaknesses they hate about themselves.

Evangelion really is the opposite of escapism.

What if you can see yourself in all the children? Not what you're thinking

>implying we didn't call her a 3dPD slut from day one.

Fuck outta here

Naissu.
Also, each main kid has a different personality disorder.
Shinji has Avoidant Personality Disorder.
Rei has Schizoid Personality Disorder.
And Asuka has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
So I guess that means you have NASPD.

>look at wikipedia article
>NGE's japanese name is Shin Seiki Evangelion

How the fuck did I not know about that? I've been a fan of this franchise for over a decade.

That's pretty sad my dude. Do you think Ghost in the Shell has the same name in Japanese too?

Of course not. But "Neon Genesis" is just so chuuni and nonsensical, I thought it had to be the Japanese title too.

>asuka/rei have opposing eye/hair color
it all makes sense now

What makes sense?

agreed 100%

What about Gendo?

I want to be made into tang by Rei
Instrumentality is such a awesome concept

I don't understand why yall are so against it

>a bitchy 3DPD slut.
I'll find your house and fuck your mother.

>Choose your side
But there is only the Red Side.
All other heresy.

>not becoming one of the girls

Your filename is the best thing in this thread
No (you)s for anyone else

4.0 when?

>4.0
>timeloops finally resolved, Shinji finally learns
>Shinji finally accepts Instrumentality positively and joins body with everyone and his loved ones
>the experience is shown to be this overwhelming experience of love and acceptance as instrumentality reaches its peak
>Lilith/Rei doesent die
>Humanity is immortal and safe inside their mothers womb, forever dreaming and living out their happiest lives and experiences together. Heaven.

Finally. Finally.

But this series is obviously against escapism. Dream on.

I want to escape with Asuka!

>You're fucking a white man
>You're a white man

That guy was actually condemning white homosexuality you fool.

I want to marry Asuka! And elope with Rei.

After the honey moon, I hope.

If Evangelion came out today people would call it a Darling in the Franxx Ripoff.

There are so many interpretations of works that dress down to "the author hates you!" that I'm pretty sure people get off on it. Probably why there are people that sniff their own farts when they get to post that "anime was a mistake" image.

Nice headcanon image.

Nah. The true escapism is clinging to your same old existence. Scared of something new.

Instrumentality is the right choice

I just rewatched Eva for the first time since I saw it on TV as a youngin, and it has pretty much ruined anime for me. I can't find anything that holds my interest as much as this series. I found myself rabid for more, reading into the lore / wiki, watching all of the movies and postulating theories about what it all means.

End of Evangelion in particular blew me away. I think about it all the time.

I really liked the spirituality/religious/metaphysical/psychological aspects. I really just loved every single thing about it.

Can anyone recommend anything for me? I've been trying various MAL recommendations but I'm striking out.

Shinji Ikari falls in love with an Asuka Langley Soryu.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the German girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression, asking, "Anta baka?" After some investigation, he finds out that the redhead he called is not the same bitch he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is Asuka Shikinami Langley, Asuka Langley Soryu's alternate universe counterpart who has fallen in love with Shinji's own AU self who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of TSUNDERE.

So, what’s a dream, user? Also, how do I stop running away.

Evangelion is just a shitty fedora tipper ending with the rejection of instrumentality

Anno is a hack. Rebuilds better retcon that dumb rejection of it

FINDS

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139