So help me understand Kino's world

So help me understand Kino's world.
Kino is a traveler.
She travels from country to country exchanging tales and stuff.
How does she have income?
Why is every country welcome to travelers?
What kind of world is this?

Kino is a woman. That should answer your question.
But I recall something about selling herbs and stuff.

Prostitution
Not every country
A kind that's unlike ours

The new series was so gut wrenchingly disappointing.

If it was more accurate to the source material, then I'm glad that the light novels were never officially translated.

>The new series was so gut wrenchingly disappointing.
All they had to do was animate the country of anal as the finale to make it AOTY. Instead we got sheep.

>country of anal
Haha absolutely HILARIOUS

>How does she have income?
Sometimes she loots stuff and sometimes she takes on bodyguard jobs, etc.
The Ship Country is one example of her hiring on as a merc.

>Haha absolutely HILARIOUS
I find Kino doing anal more hot than funny.

I've read the original light novels in Japanese, they're pretty awfully bland. I haven't watched the original series and only watched two episodes of the new series, but I was left with a bad taste in my mouth by the end of the first light novel and couldn't stomach any more after that.

You only read the very first novel?

Kino is basically a glorified tourist. just like in real life, tourism is expensive, but the countries you go to are glad to receive tourists because of their economic benefits (as long as you don't stay there permanently to become and immigrant). the author just skips over how Kino finances her tourism hobby because it's not important to the story.

Not every country is welcoming to travelers, but many are, just like in the real world.

Does she have any background explained ever?

Yes, but only in the novels, both manga adaptations, and both anime adaptations.

Imagine gently working your dick into Kino's butt as you try to get her to break her reserved face and moan out loud.

Kino is a boy.

Kino is a girl! A cute girl!

Kino makes her living by selling furs, taking odd-jobs (assassin, bodyguard, etc.), looting dead bodies, living off the land (eating baby elk and fish when available), living frugally and always taking advantage of discounts and free shit. Etc.

Some countries hate travelers and block themselves off from them, some use travelers for their own purposes, not all countries welcome travelers.

Not him, but I've only read like 2/3 of the first volume, and it hasn't been very interesting. I've had to force myself to keep reading. Are the other volumes better?

Yes it gets better, that's literally the first book he wrote.

>Are the other volumes better?
There are a lot of stinkers, but there are a few exceptional stories mixed in.
My favorite chapter is v6c8 祝福のつもり, and there are one or two anons here that jack off every night to v5c4-5.

They're enjoyable. The series as a whole are a bunch of short stories and there isn't any real overarching plot to it all. It's definitely something you read a chapter of then put down. Read at your own pace and don't force yourself to read when you don't want to.

The tone of the readaption doss match more closely to the LNs, so if you liked the 2003 version because it was somber and slow-paced, you might not actually like the series as much.

>The tone of the readaption doss match more closely to the LNs
I don't disagree, but I think it's kind of misleading, because a lot of the episodes in the 2017 anime rushed to fit everything into 22 minutes.
Sigsawa rushes through his stories too, but not that badly.

My favorite is the zombie apocalypse story. Can't remember which volume it was in though.

Kino definitely identifies as a boy, and there's NOTHING cute about him!

That'd be 16c1 or 2.
I thought it was alright, but I would have loved if there were more buildup to Hermes's theory at the end.

I gotta say the best story was the one where Master ends up causing monkey genocide. Master seriously has the most fun stories. The stories where Kino is the antagonist are great too.

In one of the books she looted Golden Teeth off corpses.

Kino is Kino