Isekai Thread

Man, isekai translations keep getting worse and worse huh
Is it because isekai readers have naturally far lower standards for entertainment?

Wow, and I thought my translations were awful

I don't know what changed or how good the quality is, but a WN translation used "And just like that, I, John Serias, a private from the Demon King Punitive Force of the World State Alliance, have died."

That's awkward as hell but still passable.
The OP is barely English.

I doubt a direct machine translation would have been any worse. If the quality is going to be that bad, they shouldn't even translate at all.

I only see 4 mistakes.
At the start 'why?' has to be 'why do I-'.
seconrd to second.
'at the place' to 'at a place'.
And a dot at the end.
Translator would still get passing mark in English class.

Is this LHTRANSLATION?
What the fuck?

>Translator would still get passing mark in English class.
What a shit fucking class, then.

>isekai
>elves are flat

>implying "Every country in the world fight against the demon lord" is proper english
I give you an F.

How would you correct it?

United World Army, coalition army, pick whatever damn name you want that is not just a dumb mouthful.

It's still awkward as hell, but at least change "fight" to "fighting"

Without an "is"?

sounds like he's some massive samefag who enrolled into every army that exists, being the ally and enemy of every country

an "is" would make it grammatically incorrect, re-read the OP image

>I, John Serieux…
>Second Private Class of the Globally United Army, during the battle against the Demon Lord
>Have died.

"the army of every country in the World" is bulky and stupid, so changed it to "the globally united army".
Actually, I can't tell if the original sentence is actually referring to every country in the world having an army, or if every country had a "world fight" which is stupid.
In either case, I replaced that bit with "during the battle"

Also, "At a place like this" is redundant as fuck, and doesn't sound right in English. Maybe make the last box, "have died here," or something.

I'm actually more weirded out by the fact that the protagonist has such a normal english name like John.
And a french last name or something.

You are right

This is a japanese Dwarf.

I would like to thank the user who dropped the Death mage spoilers last thread.

Shieldbros anyone?

Speaking of Death Mage spoilers, when the fuck are they gonna get to the Orc Empire stuff? And what's the deal with them, anyways?

Allow me to use my subpar literacy skills.

>But why? I, John Serias, sencod class private in the punitive army tasked with the extermination of the demon lord, died.
>Why did I have to die in a plece like this?

Also, is anyone ripping the paywalled chaptes of RtW?

Based on the end of last volume, start of new volume translations, it's this arc.