Is GATE japanese military propaganda?

Is GATE japanese military propaganda?

Yes

Yes, but that doesn't stop me from liking seeing medieval fantasy militaries get utterly BTFO'd by modern ones, even if its the JSDF.

It's good if you are neither of the two countries in question.

That’s actually my main issue. It isn’t about a modern military BTFOing a fantasy world,but specifically the JSDF that’s doing it.
Also pretending that the JSDF ground forces are actually component besides the Rangers.

and another garbage isekai anime

Just like every action Hollywood movie is propaganda for the U.S. military. Does that stop you from enjoying those movies?

100%. Like every other line is "the SDF is so strong"

how far in the novels the anime went? it's strange that no one is reading it despite much worse shit getting attention
or rather, is it even getting translated?

Propaganda for my dick.

I would argue that GATE is even worse than that. Action films are more akin to something like Kancolle: nationalistic while sweeping all the bad stuff under the rug.
GATE on the other hand is litterally gloating about how “great” Japan is at occupying foreign lands without a shred of irony or self awareness.

Is there a better anime for triggering burgers?

I actually thought in terms of isekai the premise was actually more interesting than most. Since the vast majority of them is just 'random NEET gets sucked out of the world into another one forget everything you cared about aaaand GO' but this one actually has to care about shit like interworld diplomacy and clashing of cultures. My main detractor besides the overt nationalistic undertones was it getting bogged down in the haremy bullshit. If they cut that entirely and focused on the previous stuff it might have actually been something way more interesting besides the combat and I could overlook a lot of the nationalism. Or better yet if they even addressed that as another issue, but it's hoping for too much by this point.

>this is team GARcher, ready to snipe
>this is team Bersercar, prepared to intercept
>this is team Shirou, tonight the canteen will be serving curry.

I was disappointed at how there wasnothing about researching magic, acquiring brand new unexplored technology should be of much higher priority than political shit and resources but no one even talked about it

But the problem with the nationalism is that it pervades everything about the story. The diplomacy can be basically boiled down to “everyone good wants to be part of our superior Japanese culture and everyone who doesn’t is bad”
I wanted anime Generation Kill and I got a 40’s era propaganda film

The nationalistic stuff was the best part, It’s the bad characters and harem shit that made GATE unwatchable.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that too and totally agree. They find out that magic is an actual, real thing in this world that people can do and collectively shrugged and forgot about it. Missed opportunity with that entirely imo.

More of this and less politics would have helped. It also would result in more Lelei.

Elf propaganda

I'd rather see another protag with his own party going through this, breaking the main cast into two would be a good chance to not resort to being a haremshit show while exploring different things separately

I'm surprised they haven't made one where they rek the russians since that's the only war they won.

>fantasy kingdoms have magic and could use it to surprise and possibly defeat/push back the modern invaders
>don't use it and rather die in droves
What a wasted oppertunity.

Yes, and it's not even good propaganda.

this. nobody complains about cheap burger propaganda as long as it is entertaining. why should it be different with the japanese?

Tuka is the only good elf.

Post Rory

Chyna lul

Not more then most hollywood movies are mindless US wank for anyone outside of your country.
But that doesn't matter, because everyone exept burgers are able to cope with that. What is making GATE shit however is the potential that was lost in favor for harem shit and tropes.

>Post Rory

>shitty nekomini goth idol shit
>white panties
Into the trash!

but stockings..

NUT

Except in Hollywood, the US Army are the crappy underdogs defending against a superior and one-dimensionally evil threat. In Gate, it's kind of the opposite

I will always love GATE, because when it dropped everyone that did not like it was pretty indifferent to it, there was just a lot of "lol they are sucking their own dick so hard" shitposting, but as soon as the episode dropped where they BTFO the Americans, you could feel how angry the burgers got.
Imagine being so insecure that you feel this offended by a selfwanking powerfantasy harem, that you still sperg out about it today.

I wouldnt call Arnold movies propaganda

Goddess of love?
More like Goddess of whores!

Why does a fake military need propoganda?

I only watch for the elves

But those are the worst of the elves.

And for her.

Yes, it is even more propagandistic then old nazi world war 2 propaganda

No, just the work of a military otaku.

Yes, I thought we established this when the manga was first released. Next question.

After this morning I was worried this was another Sup Forums thread
Also Rory is still best girl

>self hating burger
>loved every second of them shitting on this god forsaken shithole
Felt pretty great actually

nihon no.1!

I slightly prefer Lelei, but Rory would be about the same for me. Then Tuka. There is no other elf.

>>fantasy kingdoms have magic and could use it to surprise and possibly defeat/push back the modern invaders
>>don't use it and rather die in droves
>What a wasted oppertunity.
Once again, let me repeat; if the magic army is able to defeat a modern army, they would have long stopped using horses and metal swords/armour. At that point, you just have an army of superpowered people and not medieval in the slightest.

Essentially yes, but very GOOD propaganda

If this is propaganda, I am fine with it.

Because the writer's an idiot and, despite being an ex-member of the JSDF, doesn’t realize that the JSDF isn't a military.

>Mages are more resource costly and limeted in number
>Still don't use them if you have them anyway, eventough they probably can take very versile roles and battling smaler units of soldiers
At least they would fucking try it

Not really. It is a honest portrayal of the premise, any other first world western nation army would behave similarly. Other countries, not so much.

It's propaganda that gets diluted every iteration that comes out. Nobody in the manga threads prior to the anime cared as it was clearly some Jap's fanficiton but once the anime came out suddenly it's nothing but Americans that can't stand to see another country jack themselves off.

Either way the anime was trash because of poor direction and A-1 redesigns. The manga will remain my favorite version of the story because of the art alone. The story of GATE is forgettable, inoffensive, but you can't help but realize that almost every other country has better "military get's isekai'd" stories. The only good one from Japan I remember was an old live action movie but that had the military losing to Samurai and feudal era tactics so that wouldn't mesh well with audiences expecting a curb stomp.

i liked it

That's the most kind of boring wank around, though. If you're gonna go full fantasy with magic and shit at least make it kind of close. Watching an army get blown the fuck out for an entire season is dull as hell.

My favorite page from the manga.

Good thing they never ended up doing such a thing before

That is kind of alarming.

Yeah unlike those American animals.

>japanese military

when you have propaganda for something, that something has to exist.

season 2, when?

Propaganda for my dick

Drifters is better

The king intentionally sent waves of roughly equal numbers of men from each "country" under his rule knowing they'd be slaughtered.
He did this because the first loss was so catastrophic he realized any other nearby countries had the manpower to overtake his empire.
The creative use of magic was never even considered as it was never a necessity in previous wars and the rushes against Alnus Hill were orchestrated too quickly to let the idea sink in at all.
As the manga goes on you realize if the empire played a smarter game they could have kicked the JSDF's shit in but they're too busy dealing with corruption and infighting to do so.

i was expecting something like anime stargate sg1 which was funded by the US airforce.

>At least they would fucking try it
No, you don't get it. There were mages in the initial attack, they just all died in the battle of Akihabara. And of course, they couldn't be replenished because mages don't get replenished easily. The fact is you want mages to be everywhere meant you would actually destroy the entire point of a medieval army.

>My favorite page from the manga.
I mean, how did you think Hawaii became the 50th State of America? Have you ever wondered why the actual event was NEVER mentioned in your highschool history books?

I thought it was inspired by stargate

well they both involve a gate to other worlds and the military, though stargate was scifi and GATE has magic, plus the villains in stargate had the advantage in orbital bombardment from spaceships (until the 304s came into the picture) while the Gate villains are just ancient Romans expies.
also both shows i believe had support from a branch of their respective countries military.

Yes, it was also otaku pandering garbage with a shit plot. I still liked it because I'm a sucker for primitive screwheads getting BTFO.

Why do I love this gold-digging, jealous, entry-level scribe with a sister-inferiority-complex so, so much?

When Americans do propaganda, at least it's somehow believable.
With Gate it's just laughable since the JSDF is basically a joke. It's fine when they're shooting random romans/medieval mooks, but they're deluded to think they would get a chance against the US, Russia, UK or France.
Nippon stronk shit can be fucking pathetic.

>When Americans do propaganda, at least it's somehow believable.
>With Gate it's just laughable since the JSDF is basically a joke
I used to believe lines like that are trolling, but in 2018 I have to think that Americans actually believe this.

but the JSDF haven't even been in any wars while the US at least has experience from all those wars in the middle east the neo-cons/neo-liberals keep dragging us into.

>I mean, how did you think Hawaii became the 50th State of America?
>Have you ever wondered why the actual event was NEVER mentioned in your highschool history books?
I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but that's even taught at the middle-school level.
Taught at the same time and in context with our other imperialistic acquisitions like Puerto Rico and the Philippines.

I crammed a lot more into mine

Here is Rory Meido

I have to wonder: How come A-1 pictures can nail down the manga-ka's drawings for Fairy Tail, yet screw these up so bad?

>two countries in question
as a citizen of the empire this is a crude depiction of our culture

Reminder that Gate called it

Lelei is better than that one.

JSDF is a joke.
They spend a lot, but it doesn't mean shit when you never get in any seriious operation.

they also never fought in a war before.

Damn I miss the Friday night Gate threads

Burger here, the only people who got triggered were leafs and californians. Any real American would expect pride in one's country to be a natural thing.