Banana Fish

Is Sup Forums looking forward to the Banana Fish anime?

>Director: Hiroko Utsumi (Free!)
>Series Script Supervisor: Hiroshi Seko (Inuyashiki)
>Character Design: Akemi Hayashi (Doukyusei -Classmates-)
>Animation Production: MAPPA (Yuri!!! on Ice)

There's gonna be a promo event on Feb. 22nd which will include: new key visuals, main cast announcements, main staff, an actual PV, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

natalie.mu/comic/news/267276
twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/960579982958342144
twitter.com/bananafish_tv/status/954307386725945349
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

I don’t know how to feel about it.

>Character Design: Akemi Hayashi
I wish they'd just use Yoshida's character designs. Also it better be set in the 80s or I will riot.

>There's gonna be a promo event on Feb. 22nd which will include: new key visuals, main cast announcements, main staff, an actual PV, etc.
Finally.

I don't usually watch yaoi or yuri but this looks interesting. What should I expect?

I hate it!

Is this an adaptation of that short story by Salinger that's about a pedophile who kills himself in the end?

No, but that was a good one.

The cast doesnt seem very promising...when is this airing?

No, it’s about the brother of a Vietnam veteran investigating the incident that left him mentally incapacitated. The story is referenced but refers to the experimental drug the soldiers in the unit used.

Nice, looking forward to this.

I wish Akimi Yoshida's stuff would get more anime adaptions. Sakura no Sono is probably my favorite manga of all time. Banana Fish is pretty great too, I doubt Sup Forums will care for it though.

The only thing I’m wondering about is if BF will get republished in the US. If there was a digital version or an updated translation I’d sell all the volumes I have.

natalie.mu/comic/news/267276
Nip version will get a rerelease.

>violent fujo crime series

Nah

That pretty much confirms it then.

Is it the fujo part that's turning you off?

She did a pretty good job of adapting Nakamura's stylized character designs for the Doukyusei movie.

Did this have a BAD END?

>Sakura no Sono

Is it yuri?

user, it's not a yaoi. It's a crime story with a boy who was raped in his childhood
Read the manga, the anime is probably gonna be shit.

It's a bittersweet ending. A bit retarded, but the special chapter (a sort of sequel) made me cry a lot, more than the last chapter.

I know Utsumi will ruin Ash, I know it.
>Series Script Supervisor: Hiroshi Seko (Inuyashiki)
Holy shit, it's gonna suck so bad

>Is it yuri?
It's subtle yuri, I think. It's more of a coming-of-age story which focuses on various relationships of the characters in the school/preforming the play.

Yeah, I hope it comes out in the summer

>find scans
>they're flipped L --> R
FUCK

>It's subtle yuri, I think.
Good enough for me

$10 she'll add scene of a dude needing to sleep with another dude for information

This is gonna be 1 cour, right? It's impossible to do the whole manga in 1 or 2 cours. I wonder what arc they'll adapt. I think from the start until the group goes to Cape Cod or when they meet Yut-Lung, whom is a very interesting character and it would be a pity not to show him.

For the Free! audience

We'll find more info this month I guess.

>Director: Hiroko Utsumi
Dead on arrival but maybe the other staff can save it.

What? NO, I wanted to fucking read it.

Doesn't that already happen in the manga? Or at least sounds like something that could easily happen on it, it's been like 10 years since I read it

The plot of Banana Fish:
>Ash is a hip teen and a leader of a gang. He peddles ecstasy on the side and has a dream of becoming the king of his ghetto. Then one day a Japanese transfer student appears and Ash's dreams grow bigger - he wants to be the president of Murrica! Together with Eiji, he starts up a new political party, the Banana Party, which seeks the legalisation of drugs and some other love&peace hippie bullshit. Blackmailed by Ash's former 'patron', on the run from the FBI, threatened by Hong Kong triads, will they succeed?!

Not graphically. I don't remember scenes of guys doing sexy stuff together, but I do remember the guy from the police and Shorter's sister making out.

>Free! director
Fucking hell

What else did she direct besides Free?

Nichijou, K-On! Movie.

I think at least I remember some implied sex scenes between guys, nothing was ever framed as sexy or loving though
Also lots of rape

Yes those were a lot. The implied rape was so much it became disgusting.

The extra was kind of bittersweet, but the manga's end itself was just BAD END ROUTE tier.

Damn I've been looking but I can't find scans of the second printing. Those ones aren't flipped.

>There's gonna be a promo event on Feb. 22nd which will include: new key visuals, main cast announcements, main staff, an actual PV, etc.

When will the show air? Summer or Fall?

My bet is summer.
Does MAPPA have other projects confirmed for 2018? Yuri on ice the movie should also be out this year but there's no date yet.

the manga becomes boring quickly.

the plot meanders for little reason in order to stretch it out.

the characters act annoyingly gay. It has that annoying BL manga feel where the characters do not act like authentic characters because the gayness gets in the way.

Ouroboros is a much, much better BL-hinting crime thriller manga.

Nothing announced, just the Ikuhara anime which has no date. Forgot that it's Noitamina so Summer might be out as they already have another show airing.

>Director: Hiroko Utsumi (Free!)
Ruined

>Yes those were a lot. The implied rape was so much it became disgusting.

So lots guy-guy rape while other ones are minuscule or nonexistent??

A chick gets raped too

At least she is competent.

I don't want her name to be associated with BF.

Too late now.

I'd say at least it's not an original work, but then I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Was this you? twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/960579982958342144

Hey according to the official Twitter, due to the overwhelming amount of applications to the event, it's gonna be livestreamed.

What's wrong?

muh Utsumi drama

She should stick to SoL and fujobait shows, that what she's good at

I can't find the tweet you're talking about, please spoonfeed me

twitter.com/bananafish_tv/status/954307386725945349
Please tell me that's what this tweet says and not Google Translate being shit. If not, I apologize for fake news.

Yeah I kind of wish they got a competent director rather than one who's essentially known for gay shit and that's it. There's a lot more to this story than that. It'll probably be shit, but I'll watch it anyway.

Thanks.
I think Google was right. People in the comments are thanking them for ネット中継

>There's a lot more to this story than that
Exactly. But their target audience don't care about plot, hence why they chose Utsumi.
I want to laugh when I see who the VAs are

Yeah, just enjoy the anime for it's trashiness and separate it from the original source material.

When they say stream, they usually mean nico right?

Sometimes on LINE live or youtube.