Do you find it disappointing that there will never be a new seasonal anime that touches NGE?

Do you find it disappointing that there will never be a new seasonal anime that touches NGE?

Ironic since Darling in the Franxx is airing right now

Urabe is great!

I find it disappointing that people are still sucking this anime's dick. It was just a good anime, it wasn't anything phenomenal.

Great taste user

I'm going to be honest. I want DiTF to be that anime. I know at this point that it won't be, but nonetheless I want to see this board-- no, this site-- in a frenzy the likes of which haven't even been imagined yet. I want everyone in the internet to get into camps and fight autistically for 20+ years about who's best girl. I want the pretentious pseud youtubers to rob their audiences of every single penny with DEEP analyses of this show. I want moot to come back just to troll us. I want people who don't want to feel forced to watch the modern classic. I want people that don't get it say constantly that they don't get and it isn't that good. I want the normalfags that haven't watched any anime to declare it a masterpiece that breaks all the conventions since sliced bread. I want Hollywood stars making reference about it in their movies.

I know it won't be. And I'm at peace with it. But somewhere in my heart there is a hope that one day, an anime like that will come; that one day, Sup Forums will no longer say "we have discovered happiness", and then blink.

I'd say it was pretty phenomenal. The stupidest thing about it is that the threads always devolve into waifuwars.

Why does it have to be 12 episodes? I need more horny oni in my life (pun intended)

I mean we all now asuka is best girl

I find it disappointing that Asuka isn't touching me.

Why is Asuka such an amazing tsundere character compared to almost all others? She feels real and not just a cliche.

Ironic since Violet Evergarden is airing right now.

Adaptions, no matter how good, will never live up to it or generate the same interest or discussion as anime originals.

Just wait til they make an anime about my diary.

it hurts, man

it's one of the most phenomenal

Nah, eva is really something else. It's Anos fucking master piece. You can really tell that he poured everything he had into it.

>You will never watch NGE for the first time again

Fuck that's actually really hard hitting I don't like this feeling.

i watched it for the first time 3 weeks ago and i've been flying high on it since, unironically might be my favourite anime but i'm a pleb and thought psycho-pass season 1 was 9/10

i've been thinking about this a bunch lately, actually.

where's the ambition? where's the sheer scope?

PP S1 is a 9/10, it's the best Production IG show since SAC. Perfectly crafted narrative arc, really well written central 3 characters to carry that narrative, presents interesting themes openly and without pretension, visuals that are always top quality in art detail, shot composition, action direction, the works. It's a very competatantly made show with both a lot to say and a lot of general appeal. People who try to look smart by shitting on it just conversely make themselves look like the don't actually know anything about good story telling and film making.

why does 90s anime (bebop, eva, akira, inital d) look so good? maybe i just like hand drawn stuff idk

Well Evangelion is nothimg more than a 7/10 at best so its not that hard, now and then we get to see better anime than that pretentious anime.

nice youtube comment

This reads like someone trying to speak with a beach ball down their throat.

I think Anno could've topped it. In many ways Kare Kano showed a refinement of his style and the growth he accomplished after undertaking NGE. It's a shame he was removed from that show and then didn't direct another anime until the Rebuilds, which I think are a mistake.

i can tell whoever posted it is a mouthbreather

At least Shin Godzilla is great. A lot of Eva's episode plots were inspired by kaiju films, now the biggest kaiju film feels like an Eva episode plot. Pottery.

>we all now

The language and grammar comprehension of the average asukacuck.

You is stupid